• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
Blaze

Blaze had been trying to break out of his pokeball ever since Xavier had began to panic. You see Blazes pokeball was a luxury ball, it allowed him to hear what was going on outside, eventually he was about to give up when he heard the other Growlithes comment, it wasn't exactly a good time then and there, but Blaze wasn't going to forget that, how one of his own kind could have so little honour, he didn't know. He would get the other growlithe, Nova, back for that.

Xavier

Xavier smiled.

He bent down and looked the Growlithe in the eyes.

"Considering your masters warning I assume your comment was rather nasty. Noe because your my friends pokemon I won't say anymore but I can tell when others are troubled and theres definetely something troubling you and you should talk to Brian about it." Xavier was about to stand back up straight but he whispered something so low that only the pokemon could hear it.

"Unless you find making rude and distasteful comments about others makes you feel better, in that case, continue your sad and pathtic wy of release you selfish little pokemon, but when others start to resent you don't be surprised.

Xavier realised he had been a bit harsh, however in reality he was hoping to snap the lit growlite back to life, as he had almost been in the same position before Burgh saved him.

"Anyway Brian, I can tell your nervous but honestly I feel more comfortable now more than ever." Xavier smiled.

"C'mon lets go and do something interesting!" Xavier smiled and began to walk away, gesturing Brian to follow him.

Last edited:

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Maxwell heard Jason's mood fall a bit when he said that his pokemon was gone. He also felt Geneviève's hand gently brushing against his own. He looked at her for a while with a smile on his face.
"Well then maybe I can help?" he said, "Do you have anything that belongs to your pokemon? In that case you could just give it to Wilson and he'll sniff it out!" he added with a smile.
"Nub!"[I'd be glad to help you!] Wilson said to Jason with a cheerful gruff.

Then a Rufflet suddenly landed on top of Jason's head and tried to kind of bend it towards some kind of direction. "Swi---"[Woah what pokemon are yo---] Wilson was interrupted by a student with red and black hair coming up to Jason. He heard him give a message to Jason in the form of grunts. This was weird as humans usually talk, then it struck Wilson. "Swi, swi, nub?"[Wait, that smell, you're a pokemon aren't you?] Wilson asked the student, he could smell that this was in fact not a human, but a pokemon.

Maxwell looked at Wilson, how strangely he acted towards the person that had just come up to them. Granted the person seemed strange but that wasn't a reason to get all freaky around them.

Last edited:

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Thyme and Drizzle

Thyme glared at Snype, Drizzle, and the rest of them. She slowly shook her head. She had done pretty well. At least in mind. She hadn't gone off and decked that uppity little mutt.

"Fine. You jusst try it and find out. But for now, I've got better thingsss to do than play with a runt," she said to Rama. She shrugged and walked away, stopping when Ellie spoke to her. She glared at the Espeon.

"Ssshowsss what you know. I DID control myssself thisss time. You think it'sss easssy? HAH! What a laugh!" she said to Ellie. She walked over and jumped on the nurse's stand. She looked down at them all. Her gaze lingered on Snype.

"Sssnype. I am calm. But I'm not going to let anyone pusssh me around," Thyme said quietly. She sat down on the stand and shook her head. And Brian acted like she got herself in trouble? Everything that's happened to her has been someone else's fault. They were all picking on her, and she felt horrible from it. So, her natural response was to grow even more angry and spiteful. Bringing them down made her feel better. Was that bad? Maybe, but she couldn't help how she felt. Drizzle hopped up on the table after her. He had a thoughtful expression on his face.

"Thyme..." he began, but she cut him off.

"I don't want to hear it Drizzzzle," she said coldly. His face fell. But, thankfully, he hopped down off the table. She leaned her head back and looked at the ceiling. She was feeling horrible. She didn't want to talk to anyone. She knew she was pushing everyone away. She didn't care. She was wishing she hadn't talked Snype into bringing her here. This was turning out to be a terrible day.

Brian

"Heh, whatever," Nova said as he stood up to go. Given that this was not the worst response he could have given, Bri let it be. In truth, he wasn't nervous because of anything Xavier had said or done. No, he was simply nervous about being in front of a champion and two gym leaders. So, when Xavier said that they should go do something fun, Bri was all to happy to oblige.

"Yeah! What do you have in mind?" Bri said happily as he moved away from the three famous people and followed Xavier. Nova stayed behind a moment and thought about what Xavier had said. Tell Bri about it? Nah. Kid had enough problems. No, Nova already had a plan. Why tell Bri? He looked at Brock, Burgh, and Cynthia with a cocky look in his eyes. Like he thought he could beat all three of them single handedly.

"Someday... I'll take all of you out," Nova said, knowing they wouldn't understand him. His ears perked up.

"Nova! Come on!" Bri called back to him. Nova turned and walked proudly away from them, back to his trainer. After all, his strength meant nothing without having his trainer's acceptance. Right now, he was ashamed to show his face to Bri, but he had no other option right now, as Bri needed him. And he couldn't get back in his pokeball right now.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Thankfully a fight didn't break out, So Mark didn't have to step in to stop any chaos from occuring. Still... Thyme seemed to look fairly upset. Snype was concerned for her just as well. While Snype didn't like their tone, Rama and Ellie did have a point. Thyme did need to control herself. Thyme needed a bit of time alone but Snype still wanted to stay around the area to keep an eye on Thyme.

"Its been a pretty darn long day huh? Geez... sometimes I just wish for a day without anything crazy going on..." Snype said to nobody in particular.

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
Brogan

Noting the look on MacKenzie's face – it had turned from relatively expressionless to mischievous in a matter of seconds – Brogan raised an eyebrow slightly, amused more than anything. She liked to think that MacKenzie wouldn't be able to think up anything to shock her – after all, Brogan Houghton-Taylor more than had her finger on the pulse of the fashion world...she had been to so many avant-garde fashion shows that part of her thought that corduroy and newspaper skirts were a good look.

But then, if anyone could surprise her, MacKenzie could.

"Oh, anything you feel. My seamstresses...well, they're the best," she shrugged nonchalantly, the boasting not-so-subtle, but with almost the feel of a challenge hanging in the air as she said it, as though daring MacKenzie to try and best her team of haberdashers.

Then MacKenzie asked if she would be dancing. It was...a question she hadn't expected her to ask. Dancing, at a dance, seemed...mainstream enough for MacKenzie to know about it, if only to avoid it altogether on the sidelines.

"Well...perhaps, it depends if there's anybody of a high enough calibre for me. But I suppose I will end up dancing at some point..." Brogan sighed, almost as though it were a hardship to even think about. Truth was, the partner pool was extraordinarily limited. There were a couple of hunky Suicune boys that she would deign to dance with...but otherwise, who was there? Bri? Skye? That would just be hilarious...

"I will have to dance with Father I suspect, at some point," she added as an afterthought, watching as the handsome man laughed at a, probably not very funny, joke that one of his suits had just told him.

Selene

As Valorie spoke, Selene remained quiet, though her eyebrow raised ever so slightly as the conversation progressed and a small smile curled one side of her mouth upwards – it was interesting how Valorie just couldn't pick up on signals that were so clear to others. She, Selene, was by no means obtuse but she wasn't the sharpest on picking up signals, and even she could sense the very distinct brand of awkwardness radiating from Sam at this moment.

Her eyes flickered over the boy whilst she waited. He seemed to not like her for some reason...potentially the whole Lance thing, but if he thought that she was going to stand back and let him destroy Valorie's meeting with her idol...but of course he wouldn't have thought anything. He didn't know Selene.

In any case, Selene was not prepared to bother herself with any further animosity. Arguments and bad feeling were tiring, and they weighed particularly heavily on Selene's generally cheerful persona. Had her Parents seen her today, they would not have recognised their Daughter...and would probably have taken her deep into the Ice Cave on Four Island to cool down and meditate.

"But be nice to Selene, okay?"

Hearing this, Selene's smile widened and she had to force down a chuckle that threatened to escape. It sounded so...innocent and childlike, especially given the circumstances, and it was refreshing to hear it from Valorie after all the bad feeling and anger of the day. Plus it gave Sel somewhat of a boost to hear Valorie sticking up for her – the shoe really was on the other foot right now.

With a dismissive wave, Sel scoffed and shook her head.

"Don't worry about it Val, just a little misunderstanding, that's all. Anyway," she looked around and nodded toward the stage, "as Valorie said, we need to have a chat so...see you around..." she trailed off, inclining her head somewhat awkwardly at Sam before walking past him and glancing around her...no-one was looking, perfect opportunity.

She reached behind her and grabbed Valorie's hand – not even thinking about how the gesture would come across to Valorie or anyone else who happened to be watching – and practically dragged her up the stage before disappearing past the back curtain, gently so as not to hurt Valorie of course, but with a certain degree of haste all the same.

Behind the stage wasn't at all impressive...it was literally a space between a wall, with a door leading out into what looked like a disused corridor, and the curtain. Big enough, with the noise outside, so they could breathe and wouldn't be overheard but not so big that people would be wandering past all the time – perfect.

Selene turned to Valorie and paused, suddenly ridiculously nervous as she looked at her friend. So...she had acknowledged the need for them to talk. She had dragged Valorie off here...and now her brain chose to choke. She wondered if Valorie would pick up on just how speechless and frozen she felt right now...but knowing Valorie, it would only come across as mild embarrassment or something.

"Right...talking..." 'smooth, Sel,' she thought, mentally kicking herself. "Valorie...I....I am sorry, about before you know...I just..." she frowned and looked down, scuffing her toe as she tended to when she felt cornered – though in this instance, she had completely cornered herself – "I don't even know what to say to you right now because I don't know what to say to myself," she finished finally, realising that the sentence might not make much sense /at all/ but also knowing that it was the best way she could articulate what she was feeling. "I'm so...confused...by all of this..."

HunterZero

Maverick Hunting til the end
Years
Calnith NeverWind:

"Oh my god!" The boy exclaimed as he was walking alone when he saw his Metang carring his Gabite come crashing down in front of him. Calnith had just walked away from the group who's probably now listening to some stupid announcer talk. "Shinryu!? Colossus?! What happened?!" The boy cried out as he bent down to his pokemon. Taylor! He must be the one responsible for this! Luckily Calnith kept some full restores and a revive around and he quickly healed his pokemon.

"He will pay for this!" He growled as he then returned his pokemon. He had enough of everything! Calnith was tired of being on the sidelines while things happened around him. He was tired of feeling weak. He then started walking around with a angry look on his face looking for someone or thing to take his anger out on when he then saw Mark. It was the boy who had grabbed him in the pokemon center and Calnith would love it to teach this kid never to touch him again. He then frowned as he saw the Snivy and Sableye along with a bunch of other pokemon.

"Insects," He muttered under his breath as he then walked over to Mark and the pokemon. "Mark correct?" Calnith said to the boy standing in front of him. "Would you mind battling me? I need to get some frustration out and proving my pokemon are superior would help ease my frustration," He said as he then looked down the the Snivy and smiled.

"Hello again Snivy," Calnith said in a cold tone as he stared down to the Grass Snake.

Vincent Xackford Luna

"I lost....," The discouraged trainer said as he returned his Deino. Lucky for him a teacher was watching and brought Vince to a pokemon center and got his pokemon healed. The teacher then hurried Vince along to gather around the other students.

"Some field trip....," He said as he watched the other kids talk with one another. Xack had no clue where anyone else was and frankly he didn't care at the moment. He was only focused on the battle he had with the Champion. Cameron was tough but Vince was still doing pretty good but not good enough. As Shade then popped out of his pokeball and onto his trainer's lap Vincent thought of what his plan would be.

"Shade we're going to train so hard that next time we fight the Champion he'll fall to his knees!" Xack exclaimed as he got up from where he had sat on the floor holding the Zorua in his arms.

<Alright! That's the spirit we'll beat him someday!> The Zorua said as his ears then perked. Shade was really looking for Sel he had grown to really like the human female and he knew his trainer did also. So deciding to go find her, he jumped out of Vince's arms and ran off looking for her.

"Where are you going!?" Vince asked as he ran after his Zorua. Shade had brought Vince behind the large stage where he spotted Sel and Val talking with each other. "I'm not sure we're supposed to be over here," Xack whispered to his Zorua as the hid behind a corner watching Sel and Val.

<I can't hear what they're saying I'm going to get a closer look!> The Zorua said as he then took off. As he got a little closer he did his best to shape shift into Wattage and then used his small size to hid behind the two girls on the wall.

Nideous

Years
Thankfully a fight didn't break out, So Mark didn't have to step in to stop any chaos from occuring. Still... Thyme seemed to look fairly upset. Snype was concerned for her just as well. While Snype didn't like their tone, Rama and Ellie did have a point. Thyme did need to control herself. Thyme needed a bit of time alone but Snype still wanted to stay around the area to keep an eye on Thyme.

"Its been a pretty darn long day huh? Geez... sometimes I just wish for a day without anything crazy going on..." Snype said to nobody in particular.

Calnith NeverWind:

"Oh my god!" The boy exclaimed as he was walking alone when he saw his Metang carring his Gabite come crashing down in front of him. Calnith had just walked away from the group who's probably now listening to some stupid announcer talk. "Shinryu!? Colossus?! What happened?!" The boy cried out as he bent down to his pokemon. Taylor! He must be the one responsible for this! Luckily Calnith kept some full restores and a revive around and he quickly healed his pokemon.

"He will pay for this!" He growled as he then returned his pokemon. He had enough of everything! Calnith was tired of being on the sidelines while things happened around him. He was tired of feeling weak. He then started walking around with a angry look on his face looking for someone or thing to take his anger out on when he then saw Mark. It was the boy who had grabbed him in the pokemon center and Calnith would love it to teach this kid never to touch him again. He then frowned as he saw the Snivy and Sableye along with a bunch of other pokemon.

"Insects," He muttered under his breath as he then walked over to Mark and the pokemon. "Mark correct?" Calnith said to the boy standing in front of him. "Would you mind battling me? I need to get some frustration out and proving my pokemon are superior would help ease my frustration," He said as he then looked down the the Snivy and smiled.

"Hello again Snivy," Calnith said in a cold tone as he stared down to the Grass Snake.

Thyme and Drizzle

Thyem was stil trying to calm down from her anger. She shook her head and let out a low hiss. She heard what Snype said. A day without anything crazy... That sounded nice. She just wished it would happen. Then, as if the whole world was out to spite her, the guy from before had just shown up. Her entire mood instantly soured. Again. This is what she gets, she supposed. She glared up at him when he adressed her.

"What do you want? Ssstay away from me!" she said angrily. She glared at him like she was going to kill him. Drizzle looked at the boy. He didn't know who this was. But he could tell Thyme was getting very distressed. He looked at Snype, thinking fast. Right now, all he cared about was keeping her safe. This guy was dangerous.

"Snype, who's that guy?" Drizzle whispered to the Sableye, trying to figure this out.

Megaman765

Years
Snype recognized the voice immediately. And so did Mark. Calnith... was he stalking them or something? He was the last person Snype or Mark wanted to see.

"He's no friend that's for sure." Snype said to Drizzle as he jumped up to Thyme's side with a protective gesture. He looked up at Calnith with a sharp glare. Meanwhile Mark got up to his feet and walked over to Calnith. He remembered this guy... blew up the freaking Pokemon center... Mark really was NOT up for a battle...but...

"...A battle huh? What, are you going to try to maim them too?" Mark said coldly. "Sure. I'll have a battle. Your Metang against my Sableye. How about it? From what I saw last time, he's your strongest Pokemon. Snype is mine. A good one on one match. What do you think?" Mark said confidently.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years

MacKenzie Quigg

MacKenzie silently glanced down at the floor. She was sure she could think of something crazy to brew up, if not to impress the seamstresses than to impress the students. Either way, it would be a win for her. She wasn't particularly concerned. Though, a double win would be all the better if she could achieve it. After a few moments she did speak up though.

"Yeeaah, there aren't a whole lot of good dancers with good taste in dances and music~"

MacKenzie was of course a fan of anything and everything old fashioned, regardless of whether it's age gave it redeeming qualities of course. Given, she also thought the chicken dance was a deep and meaningful dance worthy of study, not that she'd pull it herself. The chicken dance was a one trick pony in that it achieved irony but pretty much ruined most future setups. How could you top making a fool out of yourself for irony? That was a pretty high standard to meet. That being said, MacKenzie actually could dance, though she avoided them. She merely knew how for irony purposes. You could never surprise people enough. One had to wonder exactly how MacKenzie's parents managed to raise someone of her type. I mean, how did you even accomplish this?

Valorie Ryder

Valorie was somewhat taken by surprise by the gesture when Selene grabbed her hand, though that wasn't to say she didn't somehow appreciate Selene being comfortable enough to do that. At first she stumbled a bit, mostly because she wasn't ready, but then she gripped Selene's hand followed along. When they reached the back of the stage Valorie looked around as if for someone waiting to tell them to get lost. Yet, it seemed more or less vacant. Selene was right. This had been a good place to go to be alone. After having looked around she turned to meet Selene's gaze and just sort of... smiled when Selene started speaking. She knew exactly what she wanted to say. Her smile actually seemed to be more or less genuinely happy, which was a first considering how her mood had been throughout the day. Somehow this just...took her mind off all that and allowed her to be happy for once. She actually tightened her grip on Selene's hand slightly when she began to speak.

"Selene, I want you to know..."

She hesitated briefly.

"I want to be your friend, no matter /what/ happens. And... well..."

Her grip loosened a bit and averted her gaze at the floor for a moment before returning it to Selene. Her smile had turned awkward.

"I mean... If the feeling wasn't mutual I can deal with it... It's just..."

And then she let go and just sort of fiddled with her hands nervously.

"I guess I just... really /really/ like you... y'know? Enough to say that I... love you?"

She was trying really hard to express feelings that neither of them completely understood. The important part, to her, however was that she had told Selene that she wasn't going to stop being her friend over this.

HunterZero

Years
Calnith Sol NeverWind

The red haired boy smiled, Colossus probably would love to beat around another pokemon after what had previously happened to it. Calnith then released the Metang and smiled at the Sableye.

"Colossus would be more than happy to battle your Sableye," Calnith said responding to Mark's challenge. "How about we make this interesting and make it a two on two battle with our strongest pokemon?" He asked as he then let Shinryu out of his pokeball.

"So how about it?" He said smiling, this would totally relieve some stress. He then looked down to the Snivy and laughed. "Still afraid of me? I figured we'd be past that!" He exclaimed letting out a somewhat evil sounding laugh.

Nideous

Years
(OOC: This is the final showcase battle you've all been waiting for. Cam is in blue. Quin is purple, and Zara is dark red.)

Cameron looked around, hearing the anxious and nervous whisperings. "Hey hey, what's with the fear? It's just a friendly battle guys!" He sounded both amused and excited. "It's not like we bite... you anyway." He sighed. "Should I pick someone to show you little kids how it's done? Fine then." He looked around, seeing his brother deep in another fight. His eyes landed on another male. He seemed to be talking to someone rather enthusiastically. Hm... seemed interesting. Why not? "Hey there!" he called to the male, Quin. "Why don't you come and take me on?"

"And that's why they wear those little aluminum cones on their heads!" Quin said to his rapt audience. Ok, it was only one person, a little boy about the same age as the one on Crutches Zara had terrified. And he was only hear because he had been trying to get some food. The kid nodded uncertainly. Both of them heard someone yelling and turned around. Quin's eyes nearly popped out of their sockets.

"Holy moly! Do you know who that is?!" Quin asked excitedly. The little boy did know, as he scooted away as fast as he could. That was Cameron Odell! He was the champion of the Unova region!

"Let's go take him on!" Zara said. Quin nodded to his alter and they immediately swapped places. Zara brushed crumbs off his shirt and scowled.

"Damn fool, can't you eat without spilling food on yourself?" Zara asked boredly as he walked towards the stage. He pulled out Arcino's pokeball. Hm... Cameron looked familiar. Wait, Zara's mind flashed back to the boy with the Larvesta that had stomped him flat. So... That was who the boy was... Interesting.

"Sure, I'll take you on. Arcino," Zara said simply as he sent out the Grovyle.

Cameron grinned. "Ooh what's with the frosty welcome? Ya ain't scared of me are ya?" He bounced up and nodded to himself.

"Lessee... who should fight with me?" One of his Pokeballs shook and growled on the inside. Cam smirked a little. "Look who's already back in action! Come on out Sol!" The Absol leapt out to face the Arcino, smirking with vibrant red eyes. Sol pawed a bit of dirt from his fur.

"Heh... let's do this..." He was feeling a bit cocky, having beaten almost four Pokemon in a row. Cameron smiled.

"Okay dude, mind if we go first? Come on Sol, Night Slash!" The Disaster Pokemon slashed the air, a dark energy flying toward Arcino.

"Scared? As if. It's not like this even matters. I'm just looking to test my mettle against someone good, that's all," Zara said coldly turning a fierce gaze on Cam. Not that it would make any kind of impression on him. Cam wasn't the type of person to be intimidated, not by someone whose toughest pokemon was at least half the level of the one he was fighting. But Arcino specialized in tough challenges.

"Block it with Brick Break, then attack with Aerial Ace!" Zara said gruffly to his pokemon.

"Let's hope you are a good challenge," Arcino said as he extended redish orange blades. He swung them at the dark energy wave coming at him, blocking it with his own attack. He still took damage, but not too much. Thank goodness the move hadn't been a critical. Arcino dashed forward, the blades on his arms turning a light blue-white color as he slashed them at Sol.

Cam smiled again. "Aw, kids are so cute when they're touchy," he quipped.

"All right Sol, make this interesting." Sol nodded as the Aerial Ace struck his horn. He winced as it went through his body. It didn't hurt too much but Brick Break would be nasty if it did. He wasn't worried though. He was a versatile Pokemon, ready for almost every situation.

"Come on mate, chill out," Cam cracked. "We're just having fun."

"I suppose I should ask the same of you," Sol replied to the Arcino. His eyes twinkled with a Psychic light and then he charged forward with a Razor Wind.

"Can't they be the same thing?" Cameron cracked, stretching a bit. He looked at Sol. "Honestly, you're more uptight than my mom! Let's teach you how to have fun! Come on Sol!"
Sol grunted his agreement as he dodged the Energy Ball. "Hmm...oh sorry," the Dark-type replied a bit lazily. "I was just considering which move to use next is all. I wasn't trying to go easy on you. In fact..."
"Now," Cameron called happily, seeing the sshots of white lightning from the Future Sight his partner had used. "Ice Beam Sol!"
"But of course..." Sol fired a jet of ice at the Grovyle. "You want a little bit more? If you so insist..." He ran as he fired the Ice Beam, closing in on Arcino.

"For you maybe," Zara said sarcastically. Arcino was hit by the Future Sight. He hadn't known that Sol had used that move. He extended the reddish-orange blades again and smacked the Ice Beam away, whincing a little bit as the cold bit into him.
"Nice moves! Heh, but are you prepared for this!" Arcino said quietly. Sol had come too close, and made his mistake. The Energy Ball from before had hit the floor and was bouncing back at Sol. Arcino Charged forward, then unexpectedly flipped to the right and swiped at Sol with Brick Break as the Energy Ball rebounded at him from behind.

Cameron pouted. "You are no fun at all. I picked you because you looked entertaining. I just found a big grumpy goose!" He saw Sol being cornered and grinned. "Take the back Sol!" Brick Break would hurt. No point in letting that hit. Sol grinned at Arcino.

"As a matter of fact...I am!" The Energy Ball struck him, making him wince in pain. He blocked with his horn a second time, the Brick Break hitting harder than the Aerial Ace. As the attack hit his head, Sol managed to release a Flamethrower towards Arcino's stomach. "Come on now," the Absol called. Surely you can hit harder than that."

Zara actually smiled at this.
"What makes you think I'm grumpy? My sarcastic nature? Or the fact that I'm not fawning over you like some deranged fanboy? I'm not like these other idiots. Neither are you. Anyways, Arcino, take it to the next level," Zara said arrogantly. Arcino leapt over the Flamethrower, keeping his Brick Break blades out, holding Sol's horn in th deadlock. He swung the other blade down at Sol, knowing that either he would have to back off or take the hit, as he couldn't block it without freeing up Arcino's other blade.

Cameron tilted his head. "Dude fanboy? Really? Are you thinking I'm that level of stupid? Dear Kyurem," he muttered. "Someone give me a chance to have fun." He raised his oice. "No, I think you're grumpy because your shoulders are all tense, you're so stiff to your Pokemon, and... well, you just are! Sol!"
"Oh my, I feel like I'm fighting for my own pride," Sol commented as he stepped back slightly to dodge the moves, eyes twinkling again. He spun to block the blades with his tail then fired a Razor Wind. "Except this isn't as fun. That Brick Break was not very good. You rely on close combat too much."

"Well, nothing I can do about that. Just the way I am," Zara said. It didn't bother him what Cam thought of him. He didn't really care. Arcino was hit by the Razor Wind again. He did a backflip and used Synthesis again to bring his health back up some.
"I can't help the moves my trainer taught me," Arcino said mildly as he was healed. That was why he was so strong. That no matter what he got hit with, he could almost always come back for more.
"Zara, let me take over. Cam is right. You'll never get anywhere right now," Quin said quietly. Zara closed his eyes a moment. When they opened again, Quin was in charge. Arcino knew that instantly. Quin grinned, knowing te sudden shift in attitude would likely throw Cam off his game a bit.
"Heh, Arcino! Go ahead and use Aerial Ace!" Quin said excitedly. Arcino charged at Sol before leaping into the air and slashing blue-white blades at him.

"Sure ya can," CAm encouraged. "You just have to put some more, ya know, effort into it."
"Maybe try telling him to teach you more distance moves," Sol pondered aloud before his eyes glinted and the Future Sight attacked. "Oh... oops, forgot..." As the Aerial Ace went flying toward him, Absol roared, releasing a Thunderbolt. Even if it wouldn't hurt Arcino that much, it sure wouldn't be fun to attack that.
Cam grinned at the excitement. "See? That's the way to do it! YAh-hah!"

"The day you find me a human that can understand what I say is the day I'll tell Quincy to teach me some new moves," Arcino said as he was slammed by the Future Sight attack and the Thunderbolt. He hit the ground painfully. and flipped back to his feet. He sagged a little bit.
"Is gonna take more'in at to take me down!" Arcino said, his cool exterior craqcking a little bit despite himself. And his accent was coming out again too. He grumbled and tried to resume his battle stance, but he was hurting too much. And he had been paralized. Quin had seen this and had decided not to issue a command.
"Gr... Come at meh bro!" Arcino said defiantly.

Sol smiled. "I'm sure there are some out there," he replied calmly."And nice accent." Poor Grovyle was almost down for the count. One last attack then.
"That was cool!" Cam said merrily. Was he oblivious? Oh yeah. He heard a soft chuckle from behind him and decided not to comment. How Caitlin had hidden herself so well, he would never know. "Ice Beam!"
"If you insist." He fired the Ice Beam toward Arcino.

Arcino hit the ground. Quin grinned as he returned him.

"Good battle!" he said simply as he turned and walked off the stage. Zara grumbled something, but Quin chose to ignore him. He looked around, trying to figure out what to do next.

Thyme

"Afraid? Of you?! You sssstupid fool! You're lucky I don't snap your neck right now!" Thyme hissed angrily. In the mood she was in, he really was lucky. In fact, he was right. She was terrified of him. Drizzle hopped up and was also standing next to her like some kind of protector. She stood behind Drizzle and Snype, glaring at Calnith. She was very glad that Snype and Drizzle were here. And that Brian wasn't here. That would not be good for any of them.

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
Brogan
Did that statement even make sense?? Brogan wasn't entirely sure...good dancers...surely had good taste in dancing by default, would their taste in music even count? A good dancer could dance to all types of music...how could one even have a /taste/ in dancing? Surely one was a good dancer...or not..? Perhaps MacKenzie was talking about the enjoyment factor...but probably not, Brogan just didn't know what MacKenzie was talking about really.

But neither did she really care. Ultimately, Brogan was...accepting of MacKenzie, even in this bizarre form, but she wasn't particularly interested in her opinion on dancing or anything of the like. People were, quite bluntly, tools for Brogan - tools for use in wars against others, tools to achieve her own goals, or tools for her own amusement. MacKenzie, though closer to the inner sanctum than any others, was no different to Brogan.

"Sure, whatever...hey, have you seen that Selene girl with her...friend?" she asked, sounding genuinely interested as to why they were the only ones she couldn't see at the Expo. MacKenzie, if she was feeling particularly perceptive, may pick up on a slightly calculated hesitation to Brogan's question, but ultimately it was expertly executed. Brogan was hoping that this would prove another humorous project for her...her eyes flicked over Bri for a moment, but it wasn't quite time for that yet...

Selene
She was very conscious of the movement of her diaphragm...meaning that she was still breathing. And somewhat loudly, in fact, she thought in alarm even as Valorie's hand closed around hers tighter and she began to speak. Selene was suddenly...actively afraid. What would Valorie say? From the hand holding it didn't seem like she was ready to drop any major bombshells of rejection or anger on her...but Selene wasn't sure whether that put her at ease or on edge.

When all was said and done, Selene wasn't sure what she felt at all...about anything. Valorie, Mark, Vince...everything was so grey and uncertain to her right now.

Then Valorie said that she would...always be her friend...and that she really liked-no, she /loved/ her...Sel's eyes widened, and it was almost as though she were a Deerling caught in the headlights. It was like this morning all over again, and the same sense of panic arose within her throat like bile...but it was easier to manage right now. It was milder...because Selene was ready for it now. Confused as she was, she had had time to think now. Valorie may well have interpreted this as Selene about to flee once more, but Selene reached her other hand over slowly and placed it over hers and Valorie's interlinked hands with a squeeze. She looked Valorie in the eye and let out a somewhat shaky breath.

"Me...t-I...I do really..." she began shakily, growling in frustration as she struggled to get the words out. She felt tears pricking at the corners of her eyes and closed them with a light sigh, shaking her head slightly. "I feel...so confused...this is all like-well, it feels as though it's not happening to me. Like an out of body experience or something...but I do, Valorie," she opened her eyes and nodded slowly, praying that Valorie would understand the message she was trying to send, although she couldn't find the words to push up through her vocal chords.

Never before had she felt so...helpless and vulnerable...

Mouth turning upwards slightly in a shaky smile, Sel failed to hold it for very long. She pulled her hands out of Valorie's and opened her arms, stepping forward as though about to hug Valorie-

-before the door behind them swung open with a creak.

Selene looked round...oh darn it...

Mr Houghton-Taylor
"Sir, the Showcase battles are over now," said a young HoTa employee, nodding towards Mr Houghton-Taylor from the room behind the stage where he was currently taking a break from being the CEO of HoTa, sipping a cappuccino and just being Steve. He set the cup down on the stylish glass coffee table and stood from the leather sofa slowly, nodding to the employee who took his leave sharpish.

Straightening out his lapels, Mr Houghton-Taylor checked over his appearance in the mirror - perfect as ever, even if he thought it himself - before making his way out of the room and down the quiet, dimly lit corridor back out to the Conference Centre via the Stage.

As he opened the door, however, he saw two girls - plainly Academy students - one dark haired, tanned girl who seemed to be about to embrace a much smaller, paler blonde-haired girl. The black-haired girl looked up at him as though she had been caught stealing cookies from the forbidden cookie jar...she looked beyond sheepish. He raised an eyebrow slightly as he surveyed them and nodded to them.

"Ladies...may I ask what you are doing back here? This is not an authorised student area..."

No POV
"I...we...my friend was upset, and we couldn't...find the bathrooms...so we just rushed back here...I'm sorry Mr Houghton-Taylor Sir, it was all my idea," Selene rushed, dropping her arms to her sides almost instantly, and hoping that she and Valorie looked somber enough for the story to wash - as Mr Houghton-Taylor looked from one of them to the other, she knew they fit the parts she had painted for them. They had hardly been laughing and talking about rainbows and lollipops...

"Very well, but please remain in authorised areas for the remainder of the trip," he said with a small, almost knowing smile, before walking past them and stepping out onto the stage. Sel looked at Valorie and, automatically, her face broke out into a wide smile and she began laughing almost hysterically.

"I can't believe we got away with that...what a day...come on, we'd better get out front. We can...finish talking later?" she asked in a questioning tone, moving forward to escape through the curtain and off the front of the stage before Mr Houghton-Taylor could start his speech.

Mr Houghton-Taylor
"Everybody! Those were some spectacular Showcase battles - let's have a round of applause for our Champions and our participants!" he led a round of applause with a wide smile on his face. "I hope you have enjoyed the Expo today and have found it informative and helpful to your futures! I know that our clients are very impressed with the potential they have met today, and for that I personally thank you. It is always the goal of HoTa to bring our clients and bright young minds together."

"So that's the 'work' done," he said brightly, making quotation marks in the air with his fingers. "So how about some fun? Our Banquet and Dance is ready prepared for us in the banquet-hall, so Ladies will be taken through to the Ladies dressing rooms where a selection of formal wear suitable for all tastes is waiting. Similarly for our Gentlemen, there is plenty of formal wear for you to choose from. Enjoy, and I will meet you in the Banquet Hall!"

He bowed to a burgeoning round of applause and made his way off the stage, needing to change into his Tux himself.

Selene
Listening to Mr Houghton-Taylor speak, Selene nodded appreciatively once more.

"He has a real way with words, doesn't he?" she said to Valorie with a smile, trying to hide her unease...a dance...altogether...meaning Mark? And that other boy that disliked her too? This could be bad...

At that moment, a HoTa young suit appeared in front of her and Valorie, and nodded to them slightly.

"Miss Houghton-Taylor has made alternative arrangements for your formal-wear. If you will follow me."

Short, direct, and to the point...Selene glanced at Valorie before shrugging slightly and following the young man in the suit, watching how the other hoardes of students had split into boys and girls and were being shepherded off to doors on opposite sides of the Expo hall...but she and Valorie seemed to be being led off to a different door...odd.

((SO! Brogan has arranged for a much nicer, personalised dressing experience for everyone at the Academy she knows - read, not the NPC's - so these suits will also be coming to you guys in your groups and telling you the same things. Boys and Girls are separated, so yeah - get thinking about your character's perfect Formal wear!!))

HunterZero

Years
Vincent Xackford Luna

Shade had heard everything was honestly surprised, the little Joltik that was the Zorua then scurried back to Vince as it seemed the girls were being taken away. <Woah didn't see that coming> He said as he changed back to a Zorua and jumped on Vince's shoulder.

"What happened?" Vince asked as he watched Sel and Val be taken away. Shade wasn't going to tell Vincent what he heard better he didn't know it would probably just confused and upset him.

<Oh nothing girl stuff> Shade said as his ears then perked. Vince then turned around when he noticed that and was surprised a man dressed in a suit approach him.

"Can I help you?" Vince asked as he looked to the man. What was up with him? Did Vince do something?

"Miss Houghton-Taylor has requested you follow me," The man said. Wait what?! Vince really didn't even know that girl so he was going to have to say no.

"Yeah no thanks pal tell her we can meet up some other day," Vince said as he then heard Mr Houghton-Taylor speak. The man then put his hand on Vince's shoulder which made Shade start growling.

<Back off!> The Zorua growled. The speaking Zorua freaked the man out but he still kept his hand on Vince and started pushing him towards a door. Vince didn't know where he was being taken to but probably somewhere to change his mind was mainly on Sel he really wanted to talk to her.

Darkgoalie

Psychic Professor
Years
Jason's Ralts

An orange Pokémon helped Ralts out of the conflict that was inevitably going to happen.

"Wow thanks for getting me out of there, but i think i need to go a little further" Ralts replied.

On that note Ralts charged and successfully executed another Teleport.

Ralts landed on top of the head of blue haired man, Steven Stone, but Ralts did not realise who he was as he did not see his face.

Ralts first sight when he teleported was N.

"Damn, i'm going in circles" cried out Ralts.

Ralts again charged up and teleported away before he could be further humilated.

Ralts appeared next to a Growlithe, he looked at him casually.

"What's up?"

For the third time Ralts decided to teleport away, after charging of course.

Ralts than appeared ontop of a shoulder facing a spiky dark-brown haired boy and a pink haired girl wearing an abnormal amount of green.

'So where am i at now?' Ralts turned to see Rufflet ontop of the person who he landed on's head.

"You agian? What are you doing atop of... JASON'S HEAD?" Ralts lost his balance and fell towards the floor.

Ralts laid down there in sheer shock that he had to have landed on Jason.

Jason

"Thank you Maxwell, but i believe that my Ralts doesn't want to be found, otherwise i would have found him where i left him" there was gratitude and admiration for Maxwell's helpfulness and williness but Jason knew what Ralts was like, he may have been shy but when he was angry his whole personality changes.

Faint sounds of 'Ruff, Ruff' could be heard behind Jason, but he chose to not acknowledge them.

Just then Jason felt his head just get slightly heavier, a claw seemed to lightly did into his hair.

'Not the hair' Jason subconciously thought.

The 'thing' ontop of Jason's hair was trying to turn his head around.

"Aahhh what is this thing doing?"

Jason was resisting but the 'thing's claw started to cut his skin.

Jason looked up to see a Rufflet digging its claws in looking down on him trying to turn his head.

Jason than felt a tap on his shoulder.

"Oh for Arceus sake" Jason finally gave in to the Rufflet's atttempts and saw a red and black student starting to growl and snarl at him, the student (unsure if it is Male or Female) was pointing towards something.

Jason turned back arounf towards Maxwell with wide scared eyes.

"What more could make this situation more wierd?" Jason asked in a usual sarcastic voice.

Ralts than teleported onto his shoulder.

Jason just gave a Maxwell a blank cold stare.

"I though Irony was supposed to be funny?" was all Jason could come up with.

Jason turned to Geneviéve who was still red but very silent. Her Pokémon was staring up at her with a concerned look.

'I guess i really made her feel really embarrassed' Jason gave a sympathetic smile to cover up his guilt.

Ralts came crashing down of his shoulder onto the floor.

Ralts than got up and turned around at looked Jason in the eye.

"So it's come to this..." said Ralts and Jason, in sync with one another.

Megaman765

Years
Mark was about to respond until he heard the announcement from Mr Houghton-Taylor about a Dance. A dance? Well... looks like the battle would have to wait until later... At least the dance would help Mark get this stuff off his mind. Several boys were being led to a different room to choose out some formal wear. Mark would have to get there soon so he could look his best.

"Well Calnith, looks like our battle will have to wait. Let's go have fun in the dance for now huh? We can have our little battle for revenge later." Mark said with a smirk. Snype looked back at Colossus.

"...We'll have our battle next time. Right now let's make a good impression in front of the crowd. Kehehe... Comon Thyme, Drizzle. Let's head off." Snype said with a friendly tone. He didn't blame Colossus for simply following his trainer's commands as much as he wanted to. He learned that well enough back on the ship.

"Comon Thyme, Drizzle, lets go find Bri. We'll head to the changing rooms once we get you two back to your trainer." Mark said as he walked away from Calnith after giving him another glance.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jul 7, 2014
Jonah felt like he was in an alternate time frame. Everything and everyone was moving so quickly around him, and he was moving and reacting to it all like he was stuck in slow motion. Students running every which way, so much hugging and consolations going around, and the general "I don't wanna leave" that came at the end of every field trip made for a level of organized chaos worthy of a Pokemon battle. But it looked like Cynthia was trying to cheer up the kid she just kicked the crap out of? This was his chance!

"Hey, Cynthia," he said from a ways behind her so as not to startle her too much. "I'm sure his Pokemon believe in him. That kid's problem is that he doesn't believe in himself. No amount of encouragement is gonna get him to that point. Kids his age need a peer group. He needs friends, but he can't bring himself to open up enough to make any." He seemed to think for a second, fully realizing that the champion of Sinnoh might very well be ignoring him by this point. People tended to when he got to talking, so it was something he had learned to brush off.

"Aha! I got it! A group project! Yes...yes, that will do nicely. A group project about the importance of friendship in raising Pokemon!" He turned...and she had wandered off, probably with her nose buried in a book about Stark Mountain and the legend of the Magma Stone or some such material.

"Damn it." He was more like that kid than he cared to admit, relying on his Pokemon and his work to provide the sort of emotional support he needed and could only get from another human being. If that was true, however, everyone needed to wait until he turned off the waterworks before they could say anything to him.

Nideous

Years
Brian

Bri walked along next to Xavier. When Mr. Houghton-Tailor stopped them and said something about a dance and banquet, he froze. A dance? He could barely walk! Granted, he was easily the smallest person here. So any girl he danced with would easily be able to keep him from falling over. That gave him pause again. He would have to dance... With a girl. He became extremely nervous. He didn't really know anyone to dance with. Nor did he really want to dance. His nerves were somewhat averted when a Ralts appeared next to Nova.

"What's up?" he asked. Bri regarded him with a look.

"What's up? Um... Not much... Err... Bye?" Bri said. The Ralts teleported away at that point. Bri was confused. Nova simply shook his head.

"Excuse me. Brian Jameson?" a man asked. Bri turned to look at him.

"Um... Yeah. What is it?" Bri asked nervously. Nova took a seat behind him.

"Miss Houghton-Tailor has made alternate arrangements for your formal wear. Please follow me," the man said. Bri looked at Xavier.

"Um... I-I guess so... I'll see you later, ok Xavier?" Bri said quietly. He turned and began to follow the man.

Thyme and Drizzle

Thyme turned and walked away, following Mark. She shook her head and hoped that Calnith hadn't heard Brian's name mentioned. Stupid Mark was giving away more than he should. Who knows what Calnith would do to poor Brian. She hissed slightly and Drizzle looked down at her, frowning slightly.

"What's the deal Thyme?" he asked. Thyme stayed silent until she thought Calnith was out of earshot.

"Sssstupid Mark jussst told him Brian'sss name!" she hissed. Drizzle was confused.

"Yeah? So?" Drizzle said cautiously. He didn't get what the problem was.

"The reassson he hurt me wasss becaussse he can underssstand what I sssay and wantsss to know why. If he meetsss Brian, then who knowsss what he will do to him! Brian can underssstand usss! What do you think will happen if they meet! And if that... Boy knowsss who my trainer isss, then he'll be able to come after me again! Ssstupid Mark!" she hissed angrily. Drizzle fell silent at that. He thought a moment.

"I'll protect you and Bri! I promise!" Drizzle said honestly. Thyme knew he would try, but what if he couldn't? She didn't want to think about it.

Megaman765

Years
Mark caught sight of Bri and went to try and catch up with him. Geez how was he going to dance in crutches? Well... maybe they'd have something planned for him. Mark rushed through the crowd and finally caught up with bri.

"Ah! There you are! Hey bri! Here's Thyme and Drizzle. I figured you'd want to keep them with you." Mark said.

Snype listened to Thyme, who still seemed to be a bit angry. He could tell by that "ssss" sound she kept making. Snype put his hand on her back and rubbed it lightly.

"Thyme... Calnith and Rama are gone. Comon we're gonna be having a dance! Hey, I wonder if they'll have formal wear for the pokemon? Haha... hey lets try to look our best out there!" Snype said trying to cheer up Thyme.

"Hey... don't worry about Calnith finding Bri. If he does anything to him today then he risks being expelled anyways. Remember we're on heavy surveillance. If anyone does anything bad then they'll be in big trouble. The whole area is a safe heaven. Let's try and have fun." Snype continued with a comforting smile. Snype wanted to at least give her a kiss on the cheek or something. But he wouldn't know what drizzle would think of that...

Nideous

Years
(OOC: Thyme is way past angry when she becomes unable to control her hissing. Just thought you all would want to know for future reference. XD)

Thyme's expression softened a tad bit when she felt Snype's hand on her back. She slowly calmed down a little bit. Snype and Drizzle... They were both really cool. She was definately attracted to Snype. She really liked him, a lot. And Drizzle... She wasn't sure how she felt about him. He was always there, trying to make her feel better, even from the beginning. She shook her head. She tried not to worry about this situation. Still, there was one thing she was worried about.

"It'sss not today I'm worried about. It'ss tomorrow. Ssure, he can't do anything right now, but what about tomorrow, or the next day where he'll be wandering freely? It sscaress me to think what he'ss capable of..." Thyme said quietly, looking at the floor as she walked along. Drizzle grinned at her.

"Don't you worry about tomorrow! I'll take care of everything!" Drizzle said.

"Yeah. Sure," a familiar voice said. Nova had wandered over to them and was looking at all three of them with mild annoyance. Thyme glared at him, a look he ignored. Nova turned his gaze at Snype, looking thoughtfully at him.

"You, Snype. I want to talk to you," he commended. He had a few questions for Snype. And if Snype agreed to talk, then that was good.

"Hey, thanks Mark. Hm... I've been wondering, how exactly am I supposed to dance with these? Maybe they just want to have all of us there to look good for the buisiness or something... I don't know..." Bri said with a note of anxiety in his voice. He was still worried about who he was supposed to dance with. Oh well, he'd figure that out when it happened. Heck, maybe he'd get lucky and be allowed to sit the dance part out. He doubted he would be able to. After all, if he was well enough to battle, then he was well enough to dance.

Megaman765

Years
Snype gave off a bright smile. "Hey I didn't train you so you could act like this Thyme." He said in a friendly tone. "I helped train you so you could be ready to defend both yourself and Bri from harm. Harm like Calnith! If he does try anything then you and the others will be there to defend him. Have a bit of confidence in yourself! It'll all be fine!" Snype continued.

He then heard Nova's voice. Why did Nova want to talk to Snype? Seemed odd but no harm in simple conversation.

"Guess I'll be with Mark. I'll be around the dance floor so keep an eye out!" Snype said cheerfully. He walked over to Nova to see what he would want with him.

Mark

"Hmm... well, at least we'll look good out there! Hey maybe you'll make a good impression yourself! You never know who you might find on the dance floor!" Mark said. He continued to walk with Bri and kept an eye on Snype who seemed to have engaged in conversation with Nova.

Back