• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Seeing as I'm totally new to this I've got a question. How do I insert this tileset into my ROM?
The tiles look insane. I love it.
Try reading this.

That's kind of confusing, don't you think? O.o Maybe make it step-by-step?
Try reading this. Go down to the part about warps.

Forgive my noobishness, but I'm using something called PKSV-UI or whatever. I don't think that's the same thing as XSE...right? Either way I didn't add anything to the script. I always make sure that when I'm changing text it has less characters than what the original was. It's not like I added lines and lines, because at least 15 lines of coding completely disappeared.

How would I add text in my program?
Just try copying all the important parts (except for the location of the offsets and compiling a new script.

idk if im supposed to hit any special button or whatever, but this is what pops up when i Open the ROM into UNLZ
What are you looking for? You use the next and previous buttons to go through the different images.

forgot the other quetion i asked before

is there a program that you can download that can Add New Pokemon (4th Generation, for example) to 3rd Generation games? Im using YAPE and AdvancedStarter to get new starter evolutions (Magby, Magmar, Magmatoar)(Elekid, Electabuzz, Electivire)(Snorunt, Glalie, Frolass).

I got the starter part down, but i need to get the DP Pokemon in the FR ROM

anybody help?
Uhhh no, there are many tutorials for this. You must do it manually.

This is sadly continuing on with my previous problem.

Using unLZ got the image to work just fine, when write a squirtle with a horn into the ROM itself it worked like a piece of cake.

However, when I use MS Paint, and use the droplet tool to grab the same colors to add different features, that's when things get sketchy.

So I'm using the same colors as I was before, no more than 16, and not using pure Black, only the colors on the palette that shows on the Pokemon itself. Once imported into the game it still has that glitchy gunk at the very bottom of it and I don't even know where to begin to get rid of it.

It's rather annoying, the PokeMon looks great, but with that gunk underneath it, it looks like a fusion between a Pokemon and a MissingNo.
Its because you haven't written it to an empty space in the rom. Find empty space and then enter that in the Image offset box.

Can somebody please help me with changing the starting screen pokemon in Fire Red? I am rying to change it from Charizard to Larvitar. I am also trying to change Oak to Wattson but I cannot. Please help! PM me!
Try watching this tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvEf1fvx_Xw
and this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPmA0Kb70Dg

Basically, I have a thoroughly modified fire red ROM that is not accepted by the Attack editor that does work on normal ROMS, and I wish to edit the attributes of one of the attacks used in that ROM. All I've got to find the attack are it's current charasteristics:

Type: Dark
Accurracy: 0 according to table
Power: 0 (definately sure of this)
Effect: 'Increases own attack 1 stage.'

Basically, it's 'howl' with normal changed to dark. So anything else would probably be the same values that 'howl' had. How do I look for this move?

My first question is: How do I find this in a hex editor (I know how the thing works, already changed some base stats since those are just there non-encoded, but here there's a coding to figure out) ?

I.e. what is the exact format in which you can find attacks in FR (japanese version), as the format used in DP did not give me any search results / very many search results in what did not appear to be the section used for attacks (since you'd see certain values every 16 spaces periodically if it was).

And then when I've found it, I'd like to change '1 stage' into '2 stages' (and the PP accordingly, thought it was 25 instead of 40 or smth.). anyway, what would help would be a table with the default format in FR, and tables for the hexadecimal values used for the attack type (for example 04 being strike & burn effect in DP) and so on. I've been looking for a couple hours on the internet for these things, but don't seem to find anything helpful.
Any tips?
Darthatrons Attack editor can do most of that. If it can't open then theres probably something wrong with your rom. You can find the offsets by looking at the .ini in the folder of the tool. Just use trial and error and common sense to work the rest out if you want to do it by hex.

eep.

another problem here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvEf1fvx_Xw

i watched D-Trough's video, and I followed all directions perfectly right. However, now when I bring up my VBA FireRed, Its only all white....somebody help?
Your rom has crashed. You have to start again. Try using this tutorial instead: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPmA0Kb70Dg

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2013
about evolutions

Hey guys I made my starters abra,larvitar,poliwag...

I also changed the way they evolve,

for example: larvitar has to evolve at level 16, but when I reach level 16 it shows the evolution screen and then it stops and the screen says ...?

anyone know what to edit to fix this?

Thanks in advance

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2008
Let me go into a bit more detail

Darthatrons Attack editor can do most of that. If it can't open then theres probably something wrong with your rom. You can find the offsets by looking at the .ini in the folder of the tool. Just use trial and error and common sense to work the rest out if you want to do it by hex.

You can't really expect me to trial and error 16! + 15! + ... + 10! possibilities, 22324392115200 is kind of a big number isn't it?

What's probably "wrong" with the ROM is that it's a japanese version. This means the tool probably won't be able to locate the attack names, thus rendering both the tool and it's .ini files a bit redundant. However, the attack's values (accurracy, type, PP, etc.) will still probably be listed in the same way...
I just need to know in what order those values are put in the ROM file and how the coding of the non-numeric values works.

Secondly, knowing this, none of the referred offsets are probably correct. Even if one were to be, I still need to know several of the following things:
1: The amount of values each move takes up (I know it to be 16 in DP, but in FR?), thus making me able to deduct the offset of the n-th move.
2: The meaning of each of the values (i.e. the listing order of move power, pp, accurracy, etc.)
3: The way types and so on are encoded (for example Dark = 11 in DP)
4: The listing order of the moves would also help if I can't find it using the find feature (If I know where howl is located in a pokemon FR/LG rom it would certainly help).

?foʀeveʀFTW¿

The Cloaked Schemer
Years
ello?

anybody help?

gah, this is so freaking annoying, cuz my game keeps glitching when I change Charizard to Absol

WHAT IS THE UNLZ CODE FOR THE FIRE IN THE TITLE SCREEN!

.Seth

.explorer.
Years
This is something that's been on my mind lately. On VBA, whenever I saved, usually it would say "Warning...another Save file...overwrite?", but now, when I save them, they don't say that. I did organize all of my stuff. I also gave each hack I play it's own folder. Now, when I play a game, I can go to the in-game menu and save normally. Is this because I put them into their own folder?

(I know this sounds rather n00bish, but I just want to be certain.)

Vega-kun

GX Thunder Trainer
Years
  • Age 34
  • Ohio
  • Seen Dec 26, 2008
I've done this before, but, now it doesn't work anymore...
when ever I load the .S file, it says (ERROR 53 File not found)
Can you guys help me?
it would really help me out, thanks! XD

P.S. Perhaps theres an alternate to sappy

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
You can't really expect me to trial and error 16! + 15! + ... + 10! possibilities, 22324392115200 is kind of a big number isn't it?

What's probably "wrong" with the ROM is that it's a japanese version. This means the tool probably won't be able to locate the attack names, thus rendering both the tool and it's .ini files a bit redundant. However, the attack's values (accurracy, type, PP, etc.) will still probably be listed in the same way...
I just need to know in what order those values are put in the ROM file and how the coding of the non-numeric values works.

Secondly, knowing this, none of the referred offsets are probably correct. Even if one were to be, I still need to know several of the following things:
1: The amount of values each move takes up (I know it to be 16 in DP, but in FR?), thus making me able to deduct the offset of the n-th move.
2: The meaning of each of the values (i.e. the listing order of move power, pp, accurracy, etc.)
3: The way types and so on are encoded (for example Dark = 11 in DP)
4: The listing order of the moves would also help if I can't find it using the find feature (If I know where howl is located in a pokemon FR/LG rom it would certainly help).
Aargh sorry no time to answer this properly now, I'll do it soon though.

gah.

can anybody tell me the UNlz Code for the fire in the Titlescreen of fire red? thanx a bunch, ;D
Its near everything else in the Titlescreen, I believe its some where lke 4007.

How do you edit the Catch a Pokemon tut the old man gives in FR/LG?
As in change the Pokemon, and the backsprite?
The backsprite can be changed using TLP or tile molestor. They are found near the bottom of the rom. The Pokemon can be changed by editing a byte, I can't remeber exactly what the offset is. Try looking at the script.

Gold Tom

Krazier Than You
Years
Hey, thanks for the Agixp tutorial up there, but now I need to edit the titlescreen of Gold. I know that there is a tutorial, and I understand it, but I want to know how to change minor things, not the whole thing. So, does anyone know the TLP offsets for the Ho-Oh silhouette in the title, as well as the text saying 'Gold Version'.

Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2010
I have a question about XSE.

Whenever I try to use dynamic scripts in XSE and then compile, it looks like it worked. But when you open it again, it goes back to the orginal script or a weird "setloadpointer cmp" message. So pretty much I can't use them. I just want to new offsets with text, it's shouldn't be hard. :/

Can someone help me with this? Do I need more bytes in my script or something? I'm obviously new but I'd love to figure out why this isn't working.

Thanks in advance.

UltramasterBDX

German Romhacker
Years
I have a question about XSE.

Whenever I try to use dynamic scripts in XSE and then compile, it looks like it worked. But when you open it again, it goes back to the orginal script or a weird "setloadpointer cmp" message. So pretty much I can't use them. I just want to new offsets with text, it's shouldn't be hard. :/

Can someone help me with this? Do I need more bytes in my script or something? I'm obviously new but I'd love to figure out why this isn't working.

Thanks in advance.
Well, I think the problem is your dynamic offset.
It should be 0x800000
I have no problem with this.

Example..
Code:
[s_highlight]#dynamic 0x800000[/s_highlight]

#org @start
lock faceplayer
message @1
boxset 6
release
end

#org @1
= Hello. Try it!

Grinner

Smiley Face
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 27, 2009
Very sorry for the repost but i seem to have been missed,

Could someone advise me on a small ruby scripting question?

I have been setting up a scean in a trial hack where your pokemon are stolen half way through the game (disabeling the Pokemon menu ext.) and have set up so that you can be given a pokemon from another trainer, however i was hopeing to find a way to remove the pokemon at the end of the scean. So far i have been unable to find any commands to do this and as its not done in the games i dont know if its even possable.

I have been scripting with XSE so if someone knows how to do it that way then i would be gratefull but i could always learn to do it in Hex.

Thanks for your time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back