• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Thank you for the help, finally I've made a simply custom animation!! Here's my Night Slash animation!
001NightSlash1_zpsf6f77569.png

001NightSlash2_zpsff786347.png

Also I've ordered all attacks animation's pointer in order to make easier find and select the needed animation; so, can I create a thread, when I have time, where I write these informations? Is it possible?

I would say, create a patch that just has the animations in order and post it in the resources thread. You can use luner ips to make the patch.

Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
So, I've been searching, and I haven't found anything. My question is, how do you add Recent Generation Pokemon to an earlier Generation ROM? So, as an example, how would I be able to add, say an Infernape, or a Genesect, to a Hack using a FireRed Base ROM?

Hacker Bisharp

Bug reporter
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 28, 2019
Okay, i've a problem.
I'm hacking Fire red (italian rom) and the hack is ambiented in seevi island.
When i talk to the people that leads me other island he let me go only in first 3 islands. How can i do for go in other island?
Need some flag in particular?
I hope you understand me.

Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2021
So, I've been searching, and I haven't found anything. My question is, how do you add Recent Generation Pokemon to an earlier Generation ROM? So, as an example, how would I be able to add, say an Infernape, or a Genesect, to a Hack using a FireRed Base ROM?

Basically, what you are doing is not adding new Pokemon, you are trchnically just editing an existing Pokemon so it resembles a newer generation one.

You first have to replace an existing Pokemon's sprite with the one you want to add (ex. Infernape) with programs such as Nameless Sprite Editor and then editing it's stats with YAPE or related programs so it resembles the stats of the Pokemon you want to add (Infernape). There should be many tutorials on how to do this. Just look through the Tutorials section and you will find some.

karatekid552

Years
Okay, i've a problem.
I'm hacking Fire red (italian rom) and the hack is ambiented in seevi island.
When i talk to the people that leads me other island he let me go only in first 3 islands. How can i do for go in other island?
Need some flag in particular?
I hope you understand me.

Most likely, or you need the upgraded ticket... or both:). Try looking at the script for the boat and see what item and/or flag is required to sail to the other islands.

Hacker Bisharp

Bug reporter
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 28, 2019
Most likely, or you need the upgraded ticket... or both:). Try looking at the script for the boat and see what item and/or flag is required to sail to the other islands.
I could not find anything, I tried with all flags or tools that I have found but nothing: (

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2013
1) a little program called SMCA will help you.

2)for cave exits where the doorway is facing up (meaning you walk down to get out) the tile just above the door way needs have warp capabilities in its behavior, and the warp needs to be placed on it. There are two floor tiles that look the same. One is just your standard floor tile while the second has warp properties.

For emerald, the block (tile) # for a normal cave floor in title set 19 is block 201. The block # for a warp tile is block 207. If you want to see how this works or to check for other warp-able blocks, open up the block editor and look at its behavior data.

Block numbers can be found in the bottom lefthand corner of Amap when you hover over a particular block.

3) I can't see a picture, and that is because you need 15 posts to post pictures. My best guess is that there is green-s-tile on the ground in the events tab where you stepped. Delete it.

Good luck and welcome to the rom hacking forum

1) That does not work for me for some reason.
2) Ohh, I changes the tiles for warp properties, but i tested it, it still doesn't work.
3) there isn't anything like that, its just a regular tile that does it, and its every so often.
4) Now when i start it up, after the van, it goes black and wont start.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
ok... so in fire red after you beat Blaine and you head outside... bill apraoches you and talks to you... I cant find that script...
he then says the boat has arrived (i can find that) and you take the boat to one island and go thru the dock (found it) throught one isle (found that script too) and into the pokecenterlab thing(easy to find) then... you go on a task and when its done you return to the pokecenter where bill tells celio boodbye (not hard to find) then you walk out and down thru one island... (missing script) and DOWN thru the dock (also not around) and you return to cinnibar island where bill tells you goodbye... I cant find this script either...

most of these should be level scripts but they are just not on advance map... I really only need the one where you are on cinnabar after the event where bill tells you goodbye... but its still odd that I cant find the rest of those events.

karatekid552

Years
1) That does not work for me for some reason.
2) Ohh, I changes the tiles for warp properties, but i tested it, it still doesn't work.
3) there isn't anything like that, its just a regular tile that does it, and its every so often.
4) Now when i start it up, after the van, it goes black and wont start.

I believe you have corrupted the start up data. Also, never change warp properties for floor tiles that are going to be used often. If a tile is used often, and you can warp on it, there will be a second tile which looks exactly like it that has warp properties.

I could not find anything, I tried with all flags or tools that I have found but nothing: (

From the script where you get talk to Cielo, it looks like the Rainbow Pass will get you anywhere, so remove the tri-pass and add the Rainbow Pass. It also appears as though flag 846 adds the extra pages to the town map.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2022
I'm sure this answer is already posted somewhere, but in Ruby how do you increase the total number of moves that can be learned from ~3900 to somewhere a bit higher, like 4100? I'm trying to give each pokemon its DP moveset (or close to it). Do I need to use a hex editor and if so, is it really complicated? Thanks in advance.

karatekid552

Years
I'm sure this answer is already posted somewhere, but in Ruby how do you increase the total number of moves that can be learned from ~3900 to somewhere a bit higher, like 4100? I'm trying to give each pokemon its DP moveset (or close to it). Do I need to use a hex editor and if so, is it really complicated? Thanks in advance.

Use PGE. It has the ability to repoint the movesets. But be warned, it will only point you to free space with blank attack slots. So, unless you move the move data manually with a hex editor after, you will have to reinsert all of the old moves.

Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2018
what is the message script command i put
"msgbox @sign 0x3"

and a pop up comes up when i hit compile that prevents me to progress stating

Error 13 'Type mismatch' on line 4
Missing #define or parameter

Line:msgbox @sign 0x3

I am also having trobble with this one
I have been using Advance series for sprites and i get this
PikachuProblem_zps502068ee.png

How do you do it with GIMP, if its easier or not lol idc as long as ill get better results XD <3

Last edited:
Years
I don't know about the second part, but which version of XSE are you using? If it's the older one, try this:

msgbox @pointer
callstd 0x3

Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2018
i have "v1.0.0"

and that gave me the same error, is there a previous version ic an use?

"#dynamic 0x2DD103

#org @start
message @pointer
callstd 0x3
end

#org @hello
= You are here
release
end

#org @talk1"

thats the code,its a test code

Last edited:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
what is the message script command i put
"msgbox @sign 0x3"

and a pop up comes up when i hit compile that prevents me to progress stating

Error 13 'Type mismatch' on line 4
Missing #define or parameter

Line:msgbox @sign 0x3

I am also having trobble with this one
I have been using Advance series for sprites and i get this
PikachuProblem_zps502068ee.png

How do you do it with GIMP, if its easier or not lol idc as long as ill get better results XD <3

The regular and shiny versions of Pokemon can't have different sprites attached to them as that just leads to the problems you're seeing in the editor. The ROM cuts a few corners when it comes to shinies so unless you manage to change the way the game loads and stores the sprites through some unknown ASM or HEX editing then you're you're restricted to using the same sprites.

Essentially the ROM has one set of sprites for each Pokemon (a frontsprite and a backsprite obviously) but the backsprite contains the shiny palette. This palette overwrites the regular coloured palette when a shiny is activated but since it is just overwriting the palette rather than changing the active sprite you don't have any opportunity to change what it looks like. Game Freak managed to save space on the ROM by doing this, as that meant they only had to insert two sprites rather than four in the event of shinies, relying on the palette swap to do the rest for them.

Long story short, you have uploaded different front/ back sprites with your shiny variations and tried to sync palettes. But since the Advanced Pokemon Sprite Editor knows the ROM's limitations it has tried to merge the shiny and regular sprites together, leading to look glitched and weirdly coloured in some areas. Just keep the sprites the same but alter the palette when it comes to shiny versions.

Ugh, sorry I feel like I'm rambling and not adding anything :P

i have "v1.0.0"

XSE 1.0.0 is very glitchy and shouldn't be used at all. Here's a link to v1.1.1 which should be able to insert your earlier script perfectly.

exedissolve

Straight-edge
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2013
Right, I've written my script, compiled it into my ROM thanks to POKEscript.
When I try putting it into ROM via Advance Map, then when I play the ROM, absolutely nothing happens when I try to activate the event. (A simple message from NPC)

Blah

Free supporter
Years
Can anyone give mea link to dl XSE?
I know I shouldnt be asking here, but all the links I've tried have failed.

Redownload the whole thing. Oh, what a useful post:

XSE 1.0.0 is very glitchy and shouldn't be used at all. Here's a link to v1.1.1 which should be able to insert your earlier script perfectly.

Right, I've written my script, compiled it into my ROM thanks to POKEscript.
When I try putting it into ROM via Advance Map, then when I play the ROM, absolutely nothing happens when I try to activate the event. (A simple message from NPC)

Don't use PokeScript. No one here except the handful of beginners that watch fullump's old videos script using PokeScript. My suggestion is PKSV or XSE. Since I have this copy pasted here's a link ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back