• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: DS Map Graphics Editor

Do you want Platinum, HG/SS and BW first Map for the first release?

• Yes

Votes: 396 90.8%
  • No, later

Votes: 40 9.2%

• Total voters

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
Wow, that screens look super cool. I'm curious specially with the third one, which is the DP intro.

Sorry for not sending you the translation, I'm very busy. I will have it soon, though.

Skara

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
Years
I'll be reasonable here. Obviously I'd want HGSS, Platinum and BW map hacking right away, but that would take much longer.
I'd say a DP version to start wit, the a new version compatible with Platinum, then HGSS, then BW.
Or maybe wait until Platinum's done, release DPPlatinum version, then when BW come out worldwide, release the BW edition? if it isn't possible, that's fine ^_^

Skara

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
Years
Yes, but if i take three years - that's an example - for create the DP Map Editor, i don't want take another three years for create new versions, you understand?
Yeah I guess, so you're saying it might not be this year when we get the first version?

Yskan

Rpg creator!!
Years
  • Seen Jun 23, 2012
Please, anyone could tell me when approximately would the beta 1 of the project scrip ds map?

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2016
You upload the picture, I see you edited the DP and BW, is to use SVN editor do? How do you edit?

Last edited:

Ketwes

Pokémon Master Trevor
Years
The first release, in next months, with the complete first Map (and maybe PT, HG/SS and BW).
The last version (with complete 577 Maps, and all possibilities) will not be here before many years
Let's say you had many, many more developers helping with the progression of this tool, would this still be the case?

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
Well, it would be shorter. He would have to teach us how to find the parameters that we need for each map, though, so it could be done.
Theoretically we could find them ourselves, this is a rom hacking forum after all, and what is a rom hacker if he/she can't find things? Me that's who, and I know you all don't want to end up like me.:bandit:

Yskan

Rpg creator!!
Years
  • Seen Jun 23, 2012
Sorry team fail, I don´t speak Inglish, I spanish xD

and I can not send a private message
But I hope this project comes out soon, because then I can hack ds
I guess you'll notice at first glance I use google translator xD
goodbay and good luck ^^

n0rul3s

Exploring Unova....
Years
Link,I`m very sorry but I didn`t managed to translate the last sheet into Romanian,I`m very busy with school and rest,i hope that`s not a problem.

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
Link, I don't know if you are interested in this but this afternoon I have discovered how to edit the files that contain the tiles. It's done with Tile Molester, and here you have a screenshot:

tilesentilemolester.png

Ketwes

Pokémon Master Trevor
Years
I would also like to know how this was accomplished. I don't necessarily need to move tiles and textures, but I need to replace them. Please PM me or you could just post it on this forum, I'm sure all of us would like to take a crack at it. Thanks :D

Back