• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TIME WARP BABY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
INTRO:
Hey I've been away lately but December approaches and that means I put on my lazy pants and return to my DS for a rousing game of Pokemon. If you're not familiar with me, Hi, I'm Laure and I've had challenges on here before, like my other challenges (I believe I had seasons, Game of Thrones (sorry I wasn't able to really participate in that) you simply pick a path and follow the rules that come along with it.

In this particular challenge you get to pick between 3 different time periods, may be adding others later. When you start your new game pick the era you want, follow the rules, have fun.

Basic Rules:
When did you beat the challenge? Simple, when the credits roll. After you beat elite 4, or a super rival, basically when Nintendo reminds you that every Japanese citizen worked on this game. You might be saying, Laure, you're cray cray, I'm playing G/S/C or HG/SS the credits roll half way through the game. Well to that I say, you're in luck 2nd geners, the challenge is a bit different for you. I'll elaborate more once you get to your era of choice.

BUTTTTTTTT Laure I wanna trade and hack some Pokemon in, you say, well too bad. This challenge isn't that tough to go to that necessary, you may only trade or hack or do whatever odd things you people do to evolve certain Pokemon.

You must have at least 4 Pokemon in your party before obtaining the 6th badge.

NO LEGENDS. THAT'S LIKE POKEMON STEROIDS. DO YOU KNOW WHAT POKEMON STEROIDS DO TO YOUR TESTICLES?

Keep me updated on what's going on with your challenge please, updates every other badge would be lovely, post pictures give me a status on your team (unless in you're in risk of double posting of course than please edit the previous post).

That's really it on basic rules. Just no cheating Game Shark, or whatever you whippersnappers use nowadays. Anyway, Time Warp Time, let's check out the era and the rules that go with them.

Jurassic Jam
  • Your Team May be Built of: Any Fire Types, Any reptilain Pokemon, Grass Types, Bugs (no crazy interpretations, if it has scales and isn't a fish it's a reptiles)
  • Mandatory: If your game allows you to collect a fossil and revive it that Pokemon must be on your team, so if you're playing 1st gen you will have both Aerodactyl and the other fossil Pokemon
  • Banned: No Ice Types, No Electric Types, what are you trying to do? Destroy dinosaurs with your ice age. I don't want any of that business.
  • Era Rules: YOU MAY NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THE POKEMART, money doesn't exist. And no you can't barter, because the hard miniumn wage workers at the Pokemart don't accept chickens or dino dung
  • Second Gen Rules: Once you set foot on Kanto dragon types are unlocked and allowed on your team

Westward Expansion
  • Your Team May be Built of: Any Normal type (unless they are from the fairy egg group, Clefairy, Togepei, etc.), Ghost Types (all dem dead cowboys), Rock Types, and any horse Pokemon and/or cow/deer
  • Mandatory: Gen 1 - Rapidash / Gen 2 - Onix ( can't evolve it sucka) / Gen 3 - Nosepass / Gen 4 - Rotom, but no forms allowed / Gen 5 - Sandile
  • Banned: No Pink colored Pokemon, No Electric Types, No Water Types (have fun with your drought)
  • Era Rules: No Rotom Forms, You may only use the Pokemart after cashing in nuggets or selling other items you find
  • Second Gen Rules: Once you touch foot on Kanto Steel types may join your team (ur Onix may evolve if you want it to)

The Sci-Fi Like Future
  • Your Team May be Built of: Electric Types, Steel Types, Psychic Types
  • Mandatory: Magnezone (or lesser evolution if earlier game) and/or Unown, 1 Pure Poison Type
  • Banned: No Grass Types, No Water Types, No Ghosts
  • Era Rules: No buying Pokeballs, may only use those you find.
  • Second Gen Rules: Once you touch foot on Kanto dark types are allowed on your team

Will add a Champions list later.

Last edited:
Years
How about an Egyptian period?
Allowed: Ground, ghost, normal, bug, poison and flying.
Banned: Water, electric, and steel.
Mandatory: Cat, Beetle, Snake, and Bird.
Added rules: Sphinx Rule: At least half of your Pokemon cannot have a visible nose. Slave rule: You are a slave building a pyramid. You have no money, only the stuff you find.
2nd Gen: Fighting is allowed (rebellion).

I think that this could be an interesting addition.

11wildy

Me!
Years
I would like to sign up for the Jurassic Jam. I'll be going for lotsa bugs ;3.

Username: 11wildy
Game: Ruby
Time: Jurassic
Team: Beautifly/Dustox (depends on who Wurmple evolves into), Masquarain, Ninjask, Armaldo.

This team fits all criteria, I'll start later today ;3.

Years
I would like to sign up for the Jurassic Jam. I'll be going for lotsa bugs ;3.

Username: 11wildy
Game: Ruby
Team: Beautifly/Dustox (depends on who Wurmple evolves into), Masquarain, Ninjask, Armaldo.

This team fits all criteria, I'll start later today ;3.

You're going to have a bad time against Flannery. You get the rock type afterwards, so all you really have is speed, and power.

11wildy

Me!
Years
I'll hold up Surskits evolution until it gets Bubblebeam, at level 25. It will help a bit. Or maybe I shouldn't evolve Surskit until after the Flannery battle, because of fire neutral? Which wont matter with Sun boosted overheats so meh D:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
The 2nd Gen rule for the SciFi era is redundant. What's the real rule, Laure? Seems like you forgot to edit it or something.

Last edited:

11wildy

Me!
Years
So I started my challenge, took me a while to find a Surskit, I'm happy I was able to catch the first one. I then reached Rustboro without many problems. I also caught a Nincada there. Currently I'm grinding for Roxanne. Main strategy going to be Absorb and Bubble spam with Surskit and Beautifly, while Nincada can support.

Edit: I beat Roxanne, using Bubble for Geodude, then Nincada spamming Sand-Attack and Harden against Nosepass and eventually killing it with Leech Life.
I also beat Brawly using Nincada's Harden and Sand-Attack, after beautifly fell after an unlucky crit.
Now grinding a little for the rival battle just after Slateport.

Another edit: The rival battle was epic. After beautifly Paralysed Wailmer and damaged it a little, Wailmer started to spam Rollout, sweeping through my team, leaving only Ninjask alive. Ninjask then uses Fury Cutter twice, in which Wailmer missed the 5th Rollout! Ninjask then nicely kills the Numel, taking an Ember in the process, then lastly it defeats Grovyle as well!

As I can't use the Pokemart, I assume I cannot use the Game Corner either, but what about Slateport market?

Last edited:
Years
Screw it.

Username: Honeyman
Game: Crystal
Time Period: Jurassic
Planned Team: Meganium, Ledian, Arbok, Arcanine, Shuckle, and (if water types are allowed) Mantine. If not, Bellossom.

11wildy

Me!
Years
Insane gym leaders battles were done! Wattson's Magneton was taken down by Masquarain after it was paralysed by Beautifly's stun spore, it wouldn't land a hit, and Masquarain even critted him to death! I love Masquarain now! And Flannery was swept by Ninjask, who used swords dance 3 times after the first Slugma was at -6 sp atk. Then Dig sweep, all OHKOs. Then I caught a Anorith, which I'm currently grinding.

Now I really need to know if I can use Slateport market shops or not, so I can buy a few more Secret power and Hidden power TMs...

Years
Insane gym leaders battles were done! Wattson's Magneton was taken down by Masquarain after it was paralysed by Beautifly's stun spore, it wouldn't land a hit, and Masquarain even critted him to death! I love Masquarain now! And Flannery was swept by Ninjask, who used swords dance 3 times after the first Slugma was at -6 sp atk. Then Dig sweep, all OHKOs. Then I caught a Anorith, which I'm currently grinding.

Now I really need to know if I can use Slateport market shops or not, so I can buy a few more Secret power and Hidden power TMs...

Just wondering... Are you going to use two more bug types like heracross or pinsir?

11wildy

Me!
Years
Nope, I hate having to grind up so many Pokemon! 4 is a lot already and I can't beat Norman unless I grind a lot, since I don't have many healing items left ;(

But can I use the Slateport market or the league shop or not...?

Years
Pokemon_Crystal_1.PNG

AWWWWWWWW YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAHHHHHHH
I named myself Honey, and my rival...
Pokemon_Crystal_2.PNG

HICKORY HONEY HAM!
Pokemon_Crystal_3.PNG

First member named lady, besides Chikorita name Eli.

Team update after Falkner:
Pokemon_Crystal_4.1_.PNG
Pokemon_Crystal_4.2_.PNG

Pokemon_Crystal_4.3_.PNG

Eli the Chikorita.
Pokemon_Crystal_5.1_.PNG

Pokemon_Crystal_5.2_.PNG

Pokemon_Crystal_5.3_.PNG

Lady the Ledyba.
Pokemon_Crystal_6.1_.PNG

Pokemon_Crystal_6.2_.PNG
Pokemon_Crystal_6.3_.PNG

Rough the Growlithe (forgot to take a picture of his catch).
Pokemon_Crystal_7.1_.PNG
Pokemon_Crystal_7.2_.PNG
Pokemon_Crystal_7.3_.PNG

Also, after Falkner, I caught Poison the Ekans, and caught her up with the rest of the team.

Next update will be after Bugsy.

wilso

Grass Master
Years
Username: wilso
Game: crystal
Team: feraligatr, magmar, sunflora, nidoqueen, nidoking, farfetch'd(it kinda looks like a dodo bird :3)
*got crystal the totodile and beat gandalf (rival)
*crystal soloed the first gym
pics :3
2zqd310.png

3496kpv.png

11wildy

Me!
Years
Alright, I've decided that I WILL use the Slateport Market, but not the league shop, since they have an official shop keeper thingy. Now grinding for Norman, which should be actually possible since Anorith learned PROTECT OMGGGGG

Years
Username: wilso
Game: crystal
Team: feraligatr, magmar, sunflora, nidoqueen, nidoking, farfetch'd(it kinda looks like a dodo bird :3)
*got crystal the totodile and beat gandalf (rival)
*crystal soloed the first gym
pics :3
2zqd310.png

3496kpv.png

So you're doing Crystal as well? I might just have some competition here...

Alright, I've decided that I WILL use the Slateport Market, but not the league shop, since they have an official shop keeper thingy. Now grinding for Norman, which should be actually possible since Anorith learned PROTECT OMGGGGG

I wish there was some sort of market in 2nd Gen...

Starting this update off with a evolution.
Pokemon_Crystal_9.PNG

It's not a mart, so this shouldn't be against the rules...
Pokemon_Crystal_10.PNG

Another evolution.
Pokemon_Crystal_11.PNG

Fighting Bugsy.
Pokemon_Crystal_12.PNG

He was a breeze.
Pokemon_Crystal_13.PNG

Also, Ham is here to battle!
Pokemon_Crystal_14.PNG

That was from Quilava alone...

Team update!
Pokemon_Crystal_15.1_.PNG

Pokemon_Crystal_15.2_.PNG

Pokemon_Crystal_15.3_.PNG

Eli the Bayleef
Pokemon_Crystal_16.1_.PNG

Pokemon_Crystal_16.2_.PNG

Pokemon_Crystal_16.3_.PNG

Lady the Ledian
Pokemon_Crystal_17.1_.PNG

Pokemon_Crystal_17.2_.PNG

Pokemon_Crystal_17.3_.PNG

Rough the Growlithe (note: never bought the charcoal. Did the Farfetch'd quest before update)
Pokemon_Crystal_18.1_.PNG

Pokemon_Crystal_18.2_.PNG

Pokemon_Crystal_18.3_.PNG

And Poison the Ekans (one more level!)

Last edited:

wilso

Grass Master
Years
@Honeyman
i just like gsc design more then any other pokemon game (but me fav gen is 3)
more updates :3
*made my way to azalea town (crystal is getting lonley)
*beat up team rocket, crystal digivolved to croconaw,destroyed bugsy and gandalf
pics ;P
6xu73k.png
2njyq36.png

Last edited:
Years
Pokemon_Crystal_19.PNG

Eh
Pokemon_Crystal_20.PNG

Ehhh
Pokemon_Crystal_21.PNG

Ehhhhhhh
Pokemon_Crystal_22.PNG

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Pokemon_Crystal_23.PNG

EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Pokemon_Crystal_28.PNG

EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Pokemon_Crystal_24.PNG

Not really needed because of speed-up key.
Pokemon_Crystal_25.PNG

What? I don't have a Bulbasaur in my PC.... I must have gotten a glitc-
Pokemon_Crystal_26.PNG

tumblr_m3pxrkaNf21rt4daro1_400.jpg

Pokemon_Crystal_27.PNG

Woopee!
Pokemon_Crystal_29.PNG

Oh God this is going to be so extremely hard...

PS, It wasn't.

TEAM UPDATEZ
Pokemon_Crystal_30.1_.PNG

Pokemon_Crystal_30.2_.PNG

Pokemon_Crystal_30.3_.PNG

Eli the Bayleef
Pokemon_Crystal_31.1_.PNG

Pokemon_Crystal_31.2_.PNG

Pokemon_Crystal_31.3_.PNG

Lady the Ledian
Pokemon_Crystal_32.1_.PNG

Pokemon_Crystal_32.2_.PNG

Pokemon_Crystal_32.3_.PNG

Rough the Growlithe
Pokemon_Crystal_33.1_.PNG

Pokemon_Crystal_33.2_.PNG

Pokemon_Crystal_33.3_.PNG

Poison the Arbok

Also, should I use the Masterball? It is glitched...

wilso

Grass Master
Years
offtopic: heres all me poke games
2f03nmx.png

even more updates ^.^
*got past ilex forest dodged a few trainers and got the egg
*hatched amber the magby, caught solar the sunkern, prince the nidoran and princess the nidoran and beat
pics >.>
ilwvt1.png

35dazx4.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back