• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Marin, I'mma go on hiatus from this for at least a while as if I haven't begun already
I don't have the motivation to come up with things for Xylo to do and my exams aren't over yet.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
Lucia Francisco Bernavard​

Lucia smiled as the bolt of energy hit the Buizel and knocked here out-wait. The Buizel actually managed to get back up and even sprayed Samuel with a water gun. Since he had already used Protect Samuel took the hit and grunted from the increased power of it. Samuel chuckled as he looked at Aber, "Well done little Buizel." He said as she was drawn back into her pokeball. Lucia looked on, eager to see which pokemon George would send out next when she heard Danielle on the sidelines, "YAY LUCIA! YOU GO GURL." Lucia smiled and nodded to her friend as she turned back to George. The storm was still in full swing, although it looked like it was getting close to clearing up. She would have to get Samuel to perform at least one last Thunder before the effects of the Rain Dance cleared up and Thunder would lose its perfect accuracy.

Sameul looked at George and wondered if his next pokemon would put up as decent a fight as Aber had. He could only hope. Lucia cupped her hands and shouted to Geroge over the storm, "I see you too have had training with professionals! We'll just have to see with battle system works best then!" Lucia was drenched with water, but she wasn't cold at all. Her passion for battling had fired her up! She was so into the battle that she didn't notice the woman with the Bayleef that also came to watch the battle.

Who's this woman with the Bayleef that has come to watch the battle? I need to know so I can read that post.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
@SD If you read Meganium's last post you'll see she posted for two characters. The other character is the one with the Bayleef.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@Lincoln and Jasonwolf: Hahaha... that IC time.

Unfortunately it takes exactly five times as long to write about someone stepping up to base and hitting a home run as it does to actually do it, even without muse problems and waiting for other people to post.

Thus the options are either that IC days go by way too fast ICly as if we're on some alien planet, or IC days go by really slowly OOC. I chose the latter because the former would interrupt people trying to play out scenes far too much. Lesser of two evils, with the only middle option being ignoring time altogether in favor of improvised time. (Which, to be fair, is not at all a bad option. I chose to do that in my other RP because keeping track of time is just... a lot of work for exactly no fun.)

Of course if you all wanted we could switch to that third middle option. I don't have any issue with it personally. I just deliberately try not to fundamentally change the RP. I'd sure hate to wake up one day to OOC comments full of you guys realizing this isn't the RP you signed up for anymore. |D

As a matter of fact,
ATTENTION
here's a poll where you can vote on whether the way time works IC changes.

A clear majority is required to change anything. You can also submit your own ideas for how time should work instead, and those will be personally looked over as a possible alternative at our discretion. ^^

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
@Yellow I'm perfectly happy with how time works at the moment. I'd say leave it as is, and voted accordingly.

@jasonwolf I've no objection to them having a re-match, but Lincoln won't be seeking one out so soon. It'd have to be Isaac that initiated it I'm afraid.

Dawn

Years
I see. Well, judging by the votes things will be staying the same. I just hear so many people that point it out, as if they didn't like it. :p

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
I won't be posting for a while just so you know. I have work, so I'll be back in 8 hours or so. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2015
Are you still accepting new people?

Name (First, Middle-optional and Last): Jonathan Gerald Thompson

Nickname (Optional): John

Age (10-15): 13

Gender (Male or Female): 13

Dorm (Raikou Dorm, Entei Dorm or Suicune Dorm): Entei

Appearance (A picture can be provided instead of a description if you so wish):
Spoiler:

Personality: In class, John is a quiet, studious boy who makes straight A's. Outside of class, John is a great comedian, battler, friend, and mentor. He loves playing outside, and is a great athlete. John doesn't let anyone to close to him, because of the loss of his parents. He doesn't want anyone who he is close to to die. John does have a good sense of humor, and is ready to help anyone innocent. He hates people who are stuck-up, mean, and arrogant.

History (Where did your character grow up? Who did they grow up with? What have the been doing before this? Any noteworthy events? What brought them to the academy?): John was born in Canalave City. At age 6, his dad brought him to Iron Island. He met a Riolu that his dad caught for him. At age 9, he moved to Snowpoint City where he met a Snorunt. He caught it himself. He had a happy life until age 10, when his mother died of pneumonia. His grief-stricken father left him. He was sent to an orphanage. On the second day, he left. He met a Togetic that he caught and flew him to the temperate woods of Route 204. He lived, traveling around Sinnoh, for 3 years. One day, when he was 12, he came across a local bully harassing a kid with his Ekans. His Pokemon, now fully evolved, jumped into action. His bravery landed him a letter at the academy.

Pokémon (Maximum of 3. No legendaries, 'shiny' or stage 3 pokémon. Oddly colored but not specifically 'shiny' pokemon are allowed, however.):
Species: Lucario
Nickname(Optional): Sirius
Personality (Can be as short or long as you want, but cannot be excessively vague): Bold, Brave, Playful
Lvl(Max 25): 25
Moves(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed): Dark Pulse, Dragon Pulse, Aura Sphere, Water Pulse, Earthquake, Shadow Ball

Species: Froslass
Nickname: Aeris
Personality: Prankster, Loyal
Lvl: 23
Moves: Ice Beam, Shadow Ball, Destiny Bond, Hidden Power: Water, Wake-Up Slap, Thunderbolt

Species: Togekiss
Nickname: Harmony
Personality: Playful
Lvl: 21
Moves: Aura Sphere, Shadow Ball, Air Slash, Hidden Power: Ground, Flamethrower, Magical Leaf

Last edited:
Years
Name (First, Middle-optional and Last): Cherie Fira David

Nickname (Optional):

Age (10-15): 12

Gender (Male or Female): Female

Dorm (Raikou Dorm, Entei Dorm or Suicune Dorm): Raikou

Appearance (A picture can be provided instead of a description if you so wish):
Cherie wears a light red, long-sleeved oversized tee-shirt with a picture of Chimchar sleeping. She wears a medium sleeve-length sportcoat over her tee-shirt, and her jacket is dark orange. She always wear brown pants.
No cap for Cherie since it spoils her hair. But she will wear trainers.

Personality (How does your character act and react to others? Their mental state? Flaws and/or personal weaknesses?):
Cherie is a fiery person, but she will not start a fight with anyone. Nor will she get angry with other people. She is a pleasant person, and it is easy to like her. If she meets a new person, she will greet the person in a friendly manner. Responds by the other person will make her start up a conversation. She will think carefully on what to say next, as she does not like to hurt the other person's feelings. She rarely gets frustrated, and it takes a lot to faze her feelings. However when she does get frustrated, she loses her temper easily and will yell at other people and Pokemon. Yet after the outburst has died down, she will be very apologetic and is easily forgiven.

History (Where did your character grow up? Who did they grow up with? What have the been doing before this? Any noteworthy events? What brought them to the academy?):
Growing up in Violet City, Cherie usually drops by Earl's Pokémon School to learn as much as she can about Pokemon. As a result, she became passionate about Pokemon, and she looks up to Falkner the Gym leader.
Her parents worked in Charific Valley, and during weekends, she will visit the valley to see the Charizards. She will ride the Charizards, under her parents' watchful eyes. At one time, she had one scorching incident. She was riding one Charizard by the name of Charlard, and another Charizard did not see her. The second Charizard breathed fire on Charlard, and her Charizard warned him that he is not alone. Too late. Charlard took much of the flame, leaving Cherie with scorch marks on her right shoulder and arm. After that incident, Cherie was not allowed to ride Charizards anymore unless she trains one from Charmander.
When she finally receives Totodile, she was very happy. With the water Pokemon at her side, she searches the area where wild Pokemon were living. Fang would not listen to her when she saw Weedle, and she talked calmly to him, training him to listen to her instruction.
Several months passed before Fang will listen to Cherie, and he helped her to capture the other Pokemon. She caught Rattata, Caterpie, and Pidgey, with Fang, and she trains them. An old man was passing through the forest, and he sees her. He tells her to go to Pewter City to get the Boulder Badge, so with her Pokemon team, she heads into Pewter City to battle Brock. After an intense battle with Brock, she received the Boulder Badge. When he handed her the badge, he informed her that the academy is accepting students. He gave the map to her. Upon leaving Pewter City, she followed the map to get to Academy. Along the way, she trains her Pokemon team.

Pokémon (Maximum of 3. No legendaries, 'shiny' or stage 3 pokémon. Oddly colored but not specifically 'shiny' pokemon are allowed, however.):

Species: Totodile
Nickname(Optional): Fang
Personality (Can be as short or long as you want, but cannot be excessively vague):
Fang is a sweet and kind Pokemon, even playful. Originally, he was a big bully and will hurt the other Starter Pokemon. But he is very loyal and will stay in his Pokeball until Cherie needs him or it is meal time.
Lvl(Max 25): 9
Moves(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed): Scratch, Leer, Water Gun

Species: Butterfree
Nickname(Optional): None
Personality (Can be as short or long as you want, but cannot be excessively vague): Patient, loyal, cheerful.
Lvl (Max 25): 12
Moves(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed): String Shot, Confusion, Poison Powder, Stun Spore, Sleep Powder, and Gust.

Species: Rattata
Nickname(Optional): None
Personality (Can be as short or long as you want, but cannot be excessively vague): Very calm and obedient. Sweet. But he will not stay in his Poke Ball, even when he is injured.
Lvl(Max 25): 10
Moves(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed): Tackle, Tail Whip, Quick Attack, Focus Energy, and Bite.

Species: Pidgey
Nickname(Optional): Cannak
Personality (Can be as short or long as you want, but cannot be excessively vague): He is Cherie's most loyal Pokemon, and he is very obedient. However, he is a bit of prankster. He will peck his trainer's head, upon emerging from his Poke Ball.
Lvl(Max 25): 9
Moves(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed): Gust, Quick Attack, Whirlwind, and Twister.

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
@Benuc184: We are. That being said though, the history of your character feels kind of short. It may be in your best interest to give your character a bit more history to fall back on. I say this because you can use said history to help spur character development and interaction. It would likely make it more interesting to play your character.

@Electro12: Your history also feels kind of short, and I'd recommend expanding it for the same reasons I gave Benuc. o-o In your case, I'd throw out another recommendation that perhaps you could talk about how your character wound up at the academy in order to give your history a boost, since you hadn't done it originally.

Also, your character's sex would appear to be "13"... o_o; I'm going to presume that your character is male based on their name and just ignore that.

@Everyone: Also, guys. I'm moving come June 22nd. That means I won't have internet for a couple of days. My cellphone will hopefuly not spontaneously combust during this time, so you should still see me around as usual.

Last edited:

Dragonkat

The Winged Wolf
Years
Hey~ Time for the second Woalf X3 I love using Kit... Will edit tomorrow :3

Name: (Formerly Kithandrea but she changed it) Lilly Woalf

Nickname: Lilly X3

Sex: Female

Dorm: Entei

Appearance: Lilly has moderately short, blonde hair that she keeps out of her eyes with a bobby pin or two. Lilly also has a few dark blue highlights down the sides of her naturally bleach blonde hair. Lilly is also very tan. This is from her constant training in the sun. Also from her sunbathing. Her eyes are a deep emerald. Lilly's canines are unusually sharp, and can break skin if she tries to bite you. Lilly normally wears greens and browns, but during the summer and late spring, she will wear brighter colors like orange and pink. Lilly is the kind of girl who always wears shorts or a skirt. So, she normally wears jean shorts. But will wear skirts if the weather is right. Lilly wears sandals most of the time, but if she is training, she will wear tennis shoes or boots. While I'm on the topic of tennis shoes and Lilly, Lilly has absolutely no white socks. All of her socks are colorful. And with the boots, she can wear them as an accessory with some knee socks or whatever she feels like. Lilly will occasionally wear a dress, but only on very sunny days. Lilly wears a light coat of make up, but not very much. She also tries to always wear this wispy scarf that her friends have given her as a goodbye present (http://www.google.com/imgres?q=silk...nw=90&start=0&ndsp=66&ved=1t:429,r:2,s:0,i:81) Lastly, she carries a deep green, plaid backpack to carry all of her items.

Personality: Lilly is a very active girl and loves to talk. She loves other people to be with her and their Pokemon to be out. She tries to give all of her Pokemon a chance to be outside every day. Some reason for this is that she has been training herself to understand Pokemon. She cannot get exactly what they are saying, but gets the gist of it. Lilly is very impatient, and constantly looks around her surroundings like she is trying to memorize every little detail. Lilly is quite different when she is battling. When Lilly is battling, she is very calm and quiet. Lilly looks over the battle field to figure out what the best strategy would be for her Pokemon. She does battle in the old fashion by calling out her commands. On a side note, Lilly prides herself in her ability to make friends very quickly. This is the reason she was very popular in all of her schools. Lilly has always been great with both children and animals, so she was always hired to babysit.

History (Where did your character grow up? Who did they grow up with? What have the been doing before this? Any noteworthy events? What brought them to the academy?): Like her sister, she grew up in Icirrus City. Also like her sister she grew up with her parents. Before she came to the Academy, she was in fact training with Unova's Champion, Alder. As one of his apprentices, she has learned that playing is just as fun as battling. She also made very many friends from all over Unova. Her very best friends were both from Undella. Their names were Kyle and Genie. They were with her 24/7. But when you have great friends, you end up with even greater enemies. Specifically Josh Niles. But, with the help of her friends, she has been able to ignore him. After she graduated, Alder gave her one of each Evolutionary Stones. He was going to give one for each type you mastered, but Lilly left early. So he expected her to master the rest at the Academy. She caught one new Pokemon while with Alder and another one on the boat ride to the Academy. The reason she is in Entei is that she is not a great writer. The reason she even came to the Academy was to meet new people. She knew everyone while she was with Alder, so she wanted new friends. Flora was the other family Eevee. Rawr was caught near she was when with Alder. Lastly, Serpent was fished on the way to the Academy. Before she signed up for the Academy, she changed her name to Lilly because she preferred the name over Kithandrea.

Species:Leafeon
Nickname(Optional): Flora
Personality (Can be as short or long as you want, but cannot be excessively vague): Flora is very calm around other Pokemon. She is Lilly's most loyal Pokemon.
Lvl(Max 25): 25
Moves(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed): Leech Seed, Razor Leaf, Ariel Ace, Dig, Grass Knot, Attract

Species: Deino
Nickname: Rawr
Personality: Rawr is fairly shy and quiet. He is Lilly's best fighter surprisingly.
Lvl: 20
Moves: Dragon Pulse, Dragon Tail, Dragon Breath, Protect, Headbutt, Bite

Species: Milotic
Nickname: Serpent
Personality: Serpent thinks very highly of herself. She is Lilly's most vain yet helpful Pokemon. She does not enjoy fighting, she instead calms the minds of others.
Lvl: 18
Moves: Attract, Water Gun, Surf, Hail, Blizzard, Rain Dance

Last edited:

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Kat- so you were planning on entering a sister too? :3 cool, i made Roxas already so i plan on entering Cecilia (Ruby's Sister) in the academy once he's gone back to the team rocket hideout X3

Dragonkat

The Winged Wolf
Years
Hehe... Yeah. I have finished! If I need more History, look at Kat's and imagine it in Lilly's perspective (I don't know if that is the right word...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back