• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ Heart of Soul ] Generation 2 Fanclub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
If you could have either a Ho-Oh or Lugia in real life, which would you choose and why?

I'd have to say Ho-oh. It's more majestic of the two (to me anyway).

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
If you could have either a Ho-Oh or Lugia in real life, which would you choose and why?
Oh, tough question. I'm not sure, really; I love them both equally. ;o; If I were forced to go with one, then it'd probably be Lugia due to nostalgia reasons; it was the first ever second-gen legendary I've ever gotten a hold of. Second choice would definitely be Ho-Oh, though, that's for sure!

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I had a tough time finding Ho-Oh too so I suppose they're both tedious.. but getting to the Whirl Islands was a pain since I needed Whirlpool and each time I seemed to forget that, despite them having "Whirl" in their names. >.> Ugh.

Oh yeah, I actually completely forgot about the Whirlpools. Whirlpool is pretty much the worst HM in history imo :p It wasn't really that useful in battle apart from damaging each round, but there are moves that does it much better, and do more damage. And the worst thing was, you were forced to use it to progress through the Dragon's Den, and if you wanted to catch Lugia, and it wasn't something you could quickly just replace, seeing as it was an HM :(

I'm gonna go with Lugia, simply because it's my favourite. I mean, Ho-oh is super pretty and all, but Lugia has always been my favourite, and it's been such a valuable Pokemon to me during all of my playthroughs of Silver, so there isn't much reason to favor Ho-oh here. Also, there isn't any chance that Lugia's gonna burn me to death, so that's a plus :D Guess it'd also be pretty awesome to fly on a Lugia, at least it seemed so in the second movie. So yeah, definitely Lugia :)

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years

Lugia hands down. Personally, I just think it'd be awesome to say "I own the king of the sea!" :P

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Argh, such a difficult decision! I like both, but I will have to say Lugia because it can fly and dive into the water. Its Psychic powers would be pretty handy too.

Which Johto Pokemon mega evolution is your favorite and why?
Mega Houndoom and Tyranitar look killer. They're some of my favorite Johto Pokemon, so I don't mind seeing stronger versions of themselves.

Olli

Years

Lugia hands down. Personally, I just think it'd be awesome to say "I own the king of the sea!" :P
Haha, I know right! The only problem I have with that is just that Lugia isn't even a Water type Pokemon, something that I cluttered with for such a long time. I actually went most of my life thinking Lugia was Water/Flying, only to find out it was Flying/Psychic (I believe it's in that order?), and it just didn't make sense for it to be the guardian of the sea, if it wasn't even a Water type. I guess it might've been to avoid having one of the signature legendaries be superior to the other due to its typing, but I still don't think it suits it :p

In any case, the title still stands, so not like it invalidates that haha.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Name: Squirrel
Two Johto Partner Pokemon: Wooper and Wooper! :D
Answer a topic!: :t194:

If I could have either Ho-Oh or Lugia, I'd pick Ho-Oh for sure! Of course it'd be cool 'owning the king of the sea', but what good is that when you live in a rural village countless miles from the coast? On the other hand, you could fly to work every single day on the back of a living rainbow, made of fire and shimmering light and really personifying the true glory of how beautiful the world can be. Owning a dried up fishbirdthing or being friends with all beauty and perfection in chicken-form? I pick the rainbowchicken!

250px-HoOh_anime.png

Olli

Years
Welcome to the club, Nublex! :D I can see your point about Ho-oh, but it's invalid because Lugia 4 lyf js :D

Anyways, time to spice up things a bit with a new topic!

What do you think about the story behind the burned tower, and how the legendary beast came to be?

For anyone who doesn't know about it, The Burned Tower, formerly known as the Tin Tower, used to be the home of Lugia. However, it was one day set on fire by a lightning strike, and didn't stop burning until the rain put it out (the rain was probably started by Lugia, but I don't think it's ever been confirmed), which prompted Lugia to escape to the Whirl Isles (so it was that dumb lightning strike that cause me hours of searching for Lugia, when I could've just easily found it at the top of the Tin Tower had it not burned down >:( ). It was said that three unknown Pokemon perished in the fire, but were revived by Ho-oh, and became Raikou, Entei and Suicune, who resembled the lightning that started the fire, the fire that burned down the tower, and the water that extinguished the fire.

A bunch of theories about which Pokemon the three actually were prior to being revived, but that's unrelated. Could be bonus discussion though! :D

Years
/throws arms in the air

I've been poking in here but somehow I missed Alex's join post completely. Few days late, but... welcome! <3 You've got your precious two Wooper by your side now. I adore him so much - one of my favorite waters in general so no doubt it's one of my favorite 'mons from Johto. Quagsire did quite the wonderful job when I raised one as a kid in Crystal. :)

Gimme those rainbow feathers. Ho-Oh, please! Hopefully its body isn't too hot and I can ride it around. But if not I'm sure he'd make a gorgeous mascot for festivals and the like. Beautiful Pokemon.

What do you think about the story behind the burned tower, and how the legendary beast came to be?

It was said that three unknown Pokemon perished in the fire, but were revived by Ho-oh, and became Raikou, Entei and Suicune, who resembled the lightning that started the fire, the fire that burned down the tower, and the water that extinguished the fire.

I guess this is kind of why Suicune looks.. less intimidating than the other two? Given that it was considered the Pokemon who put out the fire and ultimately ended this destruction. It's been such a long time since I read up on the tower's history though so I'll have to get back to you on that. :o

Olli

Years

I guess this is kind of why Suicune looks.. less intimidating than the other two? Given that it was considered the Pokemon who put out the fire and ultimately ended this destruction. It's been such a long time since I read up on the tower's history though so I'll have to get back to you on that. :o

That's actually an interesting theory. And it does make a lot of sense when you think about it. Suicune is usually the one that's depicted as the most powerful or the "leader" of the trio, and is usually the one that gets recognition. I believe it's also tied to the legend, that only people with a pure heart or something ever gets a chance to see it in the anime, and since it's pretty much the embodiment of the rain that repealed the disaster at the Tin Tower, that does make a lot of sense :o Hopefully Raikou and Entei wouldn't be depicted as bad then, though they do look like they belong more towards the "evil" side of things compared to Suicune haha. Really interesting to think about though :p

People have also been theorizing about which Pokemon they might've been before they were resurrected, and i believe the most popular are that they were either Jolteon, Flareon and Vaporeon, or that they were all just Eevees and received the same power as the elemental stones would've given them, only on a larger scale. That, together with the fact that the kimono girls in town all use Eeveelutions might indicate that Eevee has some special connection to the town in some way, either from before or after the disaster.

But yeah, I like all the theories and rumors tied to the tower, though I would've loved to see how it looked prior to being burned down. Seems like it was a lot smaller than the bell tower, but it could be that the only debris that was left was from the lower floors. Still mad that they had to move Lugia to the Whirl Islands though >:(

Years
Oh! The Kimono girls using eeveelutions tying in with the whole thing totally escaped my mind, that's a really cool idea. Solidifies my desire to theorize and keep thinking of neat things that could possibly be true. Pokemon lore is a wonderful thing. *_*

Onto a new topic! Can't let this baby fall too far down.

Which Johto grass type is your favorite? Below is a list.

152MS.png
153MS.png
154MS.png
182MS.png
191MS.png
192MS.png

Years
Name: AoTora
Two Johto Partner Pokemon (optional; no legends please): Xatu and Typhlosion
Answer a topic!:

1. What was the first Johto game you played? HeartGold :)
2. What is your favorite Johto Pokemon and why? Xatu out of non-starters -I love it's typing and love what it's based on.
3. When did you first start loving Johto? When I saw anime on the tv here -and when the pokeballs came to the stores here -I had a ton of Johto pokemon ^^ Just basic evolutions though because we never got to see pokeballs containing evolutions :(
4. If you could own one Johto Pokemon and one only, which one would you pick and why? Either Typhlosion and if I couldn't pick starter I'd go with Houndoom - I'd love to train one ^^
6. Which Johto Pokemon mega evolution is your favorite and why? Mega Houndoom! I love it's design so much <3

Years
Gehe, Bayleef is adorable. I was a huge fan of Ash's Chikorita so when it evolved I was very excited and couldn't help but get one of my own in the second generation games. Good choice, Veni!

And welcome to the club, Ao! <3 Xatu is a really cool psychic type, makes me sad to think about how I've never really properly used it on my teams. Better change that.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
For me, it would have to be Meganium. I used to have one in Pokémon Silver, and have had quite an easy time beating the league thanks to it. xD;; It was great defensively, so it was able to withstand a lot of hits for my team and stall. Besides this, I also like Bellossom. It's simply adorable. <3

Years
Hey :) I love johto! I want to join this club!

Name: xall
Partner Pokemons: Steelix, Togetic

What was the first Johto game you played?
The first Johto Game I've played was Silver.
A friend of mine got the gold version so I got the Silver.
After a while I almost had a full pokedex (I traded with my self with my old pokemon editions and with my friend :D)
but then..... ( :( ) My game broke. I couldn't save anymore just start a new game everytime... all my pokemons :( It broke my heart :( And thats just why I choosed Togetic as one of my Pokemons:
Togetic was the last Pokemon i got before my game broke. I remember it like it was just yesterday :)
But now everything is ok again :)

I want to answer more than just one topic :)

My favorite johto Pokemon?
Espeon,
Because I love all eevee evolutions :) for me they are like the best in all pokemon world!

When did I first start loving johto?
I start loving johto the day I stepped into the "new world" so the first day I began playing silver :)

So enough now :P maybe I try to answer some more later :)

Years
Welcome, xall~ <3 You've been added. :)

Espeon is a really big favorite Johto 'mon for a lot of people, it seems. I think Espeon was the first eeveelution I trained in G/S/C and goodness was it worth it! It wrecks just about everything, give it Psychic and Shadow Ball and you're set for a whiiile.

But I'm so sorry about your game breaking - that sounds awful. I'm lucky and have never gone through that for any of my older games but can imagine the hardships if you get as into them as some of us. ;(

Olli

Years
Hey :) I love johto! I want to join this club!

Name: xall
Partner Pokemons: Steelix, Togetic

What was the first Johto game you played?
The first Johto Game I've played was Silver.
A friend of mine got the gold version so I got the Silver.
After a while I almost had a full pokedex (I traded with my self with my old pokemon editions and with my friend :D)
but then..... ( :( ) My game broke. I couldn't save anymore just start a new game everytime... all my pokemons :( It broke my heart :( And thats just why I choosed Togetic as one of my Pokemons:
Togetic was the last Pokemon i got before my game broke. I remember it like it was just yesterday :)
But now everything is ok again :)
Welcome to the club :)

About your game breaking, it was probably the internal battery that died out. A fate that most owners of second generation games have experienced D: Personally, I never owned my Silver for long enough to actually see it happen, but my brother on the other hand did with his Gold version. Really a shame, since he'd gotten really far in his goal of catching 'em all and leveling them all up to level 100 :( But yeah, it's really a shame :(

152MS.png
153MS.png
154MS.png
182MS.png
191MS.png
192MS.png

Was that really all the Grass types Johto introduced? :o I never really noticed how few new Grass types we saw in that generation.

On the topic though, I'd probably have to say Meganium. I honestly never really used any of the Johto Grass types, so I'm judging more on design, and I've always been a sucker for Meganium when it comes to that. I don't know why, I just felt like the colors go so well together, and they managed to make something that'd otherwise appear pretty menacing into something so pretty :o I didn't really get that from the rest of the Chikorita family, since they're pretty much one flat colour all the way through D: But yeah, that's pretty much it haha.

Years
Hey :) thank you both for the welcome :)

sheep said:
Espeon is a really big favorite Johto 'mon for a lot of people, it seems. I think Espeon was the first eeveelution I trained in G/S/C and goodness was it worth it! It wrecks just about everything, give it Psychic and Shadow Ball and you're set for a whiiile.
I do not know why all the other people like Espeon but for me it's the combination from elegance and power. Espeon is (after flareon but this is gen1) the most elegant pokemon :), if I would take part in a real pokemon contest I like to have one in my team :)
[/quote]
Olli said:
About your game breaking, it was probably the internal battery that died out. A fate that most owners of second generation games have experienced D: Personally, I never owned my Silver for long enough to actually see it happen, but my brother on the other hand did with his Gold version. Really a shame, since he'd gotten really far in his goal of catching 'em all and leveling them all up to level 100 :( But yeah, it's really a shame :(
Yeah I thought the same but i was 12 years old :( that was hard time for me! :D

For me it's chikorita
I was always a grass type starter and the first evolution of the starters was always the best looking for me (I do not like this big thing somehow :/)

Years
Olli, I noticed that too when getting the sprites. So... few.. (´Д`。) Kind of disappointing since I really love the grasses in Johto but ah well. At least the ones we got were pretty good.

Xall, Espeon really is elegant and she's so feminine-looking that I can't even see myself ever using a male Espeon otherwise it would just feel weird. It was such a pain getting my Eevee to evolve since I was more often playing at night as a kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back