• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hoenn RéBURST [M] [OOC + SU]

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
Travel, that is much better! Huge expansion on character, reasoning, etc., and ultimately much more rounded. Approved!

363.gif

Level 5
Thick Fat
- Defense Curl
- Growl
- Powder Snow
- Water Gun

Could you reserve a Mudkip for me, please? Thanks!

Nope! |D

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2013
Just to make sure, is that really the move set to Spheal? It might just be the fact that its ability is Magma body but I just wanted to double check that its not Slugma's.

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
I'm back from the death! :D
Feel free to applaud...

Hello Torn, how's it goin'? Having fun as the tyrant GM?
Speaking of which, dear RPers, how have you felt with Torn reign of doom, I mean, greatness? :)

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2020
Looks good so far! But I think Torn forgot to include me in the last update -___-

TornZero

Years
I thought you were just going to continue a thing with Mareep, since you didn't actually try and catch it, or tell me anything regarding it — e.g., "Do you think Mareep could maybe become my Pokémon of its own accord?"

Last edited:

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
A half-eaten Oran Berry was Miles's first catch... he's going to be angry. :P

Splash barely did anything! HOW COULD YOU DO THAT! Yeah, my post will be up in a bit... and my Feebas has a move that did the equivalent of Sand-Attack.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Name: DeSean Guilliver

Appearance:
DeSean is basiclly your "Big Black". He has broad shoulders, and looks like the legendary pokemon shaymin. His head looks bigger then his body along with longer arms. He wears a blue sort of plaid jacket with a white hood. He usually wears his camoflouge pants with his brown socks tucked into his pants. He only has a nice pair of black hiking boots that looks more brown from mud.

Personality:
DeSean is a shy and timid person who can't really stand up for himself. He is antisocial but when you do get him to talk only nice things are said. He is also very empathetic and smart and has the best memory capacity. He can get quite aggressive when threatened and will not give up in a fight. If himself or anybody he cares about is endangeored he will come to thier aid.

History:
DeSean was in a small family of four. His mom and dad had abandoned there family when DeSean was only eight leaving his older brother, Marco, in charge. When Marco had become of age he became a gym leader in training. DeSean was proud of his older brothers achomplishments. Sadly when Marco was twenty and DeSean was fourteen, Marco died by the hand of Team Rocket. They got into his school where he was going to be certifyed as an offical leader when Team Rocket burned his school to the ground trapping Marco and burning him to death. DeSean was devistated; without a home or any relative left to take care of him or his two younger siblings, DeSean had decided that he would become a pokemon master. Now at the age of sixteen DeSean can finally avenge his brothers death igniting the flame fueled by revenge and anger

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
It feels so good to be alivee again... As long as I ignore the fact that I want to eat brains... Mmm, brains *drools*

Anyways. Ninja Dude. Huh, you're not invisible... These modern-day ninjas. Your SU... Is... Short. Not to mention presents some issues, besides the obvious typos.

Appearance. I beg your pardon, but what does it mean to be a "Big Black"? I assume it has to do with his skin color and size or something... But then the whole looking like Shaymin part would makes less sense that it already does. If he looks like Shaymin, then he has green hair with flowers? O.o I believe there are more issues, but I can't identify any that aren't about the size of this section, which is really reduced, BTW. Just because there is a minimum length, it doesn't mean that you have to type the minimum and then be accepted by default.

Personality. SHORT. You really need to expand it. Take a look at other SUs o give yourself an idea of how long and what this section should include. Not asking for Fuyu/Mr. Mammoth length, but I do want something bigger that this.

History. Team Rocket would NEVER, EVER burn a school unless there was some sort of world domination device hidden within the Janitor's mop insid of the building. Was that scenario a bit un logic? Certainly, you should remove the Team Rocket part of your SU, and use something else to explain Marco's death... Something among the lines of logic. Besides, DeSean Gulli... gilli... gulili... Mind if I call him DS? Thanks, he cannot get his revenge on Team Rocket BECAUSE THEY DO NOT APPEAR OR ARE MEANT TO APPEAR IN THIS RP. The only Team set to appear is Team Gaia, who would never burn a school for no reason other than the former. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAnd finally, how is it that becoming a Pokemon Master will help him avenge Marco? I would just go all Amanda Clark (Reven8e one, not the diaturbing book one) on them. Finally, whatever happened to his brothers after he left? It's not like they magically survived with a diet consisting of AIR or something...

Did... Did I sound mean? I'm sorry if I did. I'm not sure of why I'm a little bit more exigent now o.O But you needn't worry! For you'll get a 25% discount on your next SU attempt! :D
Anyways, let's see...

TO DO:
-Update first post of the IC and OOC.
-Finish writing the next Chapter as well as the following part of the current event.
-Practice evil laughter.
-World Domination.
-Laundry.

Quite a few things to do :P

TornZero

Years
I think I can help out a bit, though I will be much meaner. |D

It's for your own good, though, and I apologize in advance about any possibilities of offending you, since I know I will be very, extremely, irrefutably, undeniably, indubitably, and most of all redundantly offending.

First, like Vato said, everything's way too short and lacking, and there are typos abound. I have to suggest you seriously look into getting a proofreader.

Now, appearance: "Big Black" doesn't just sound generic, but racist, too. I can't really put my finger on it (maybe it's the stereotyping), but it really does sound kinda racist to me. Is he six feet tall, bald or have an afro, have dark chocolate skin, the chest of the Old Spice guy, the legs of Michael Jordan and the priapism-suffering **** of a p***star? And how can he look like Shaymin? Is he albino, covered in grass and pink flowers, and have stubby limbs with no fingers or toes? How does his head look bigger than his body? That's just plain disproportionate! Lastly, how do you tuck your socks into your pants? Aren't the pants usually able to cover the socks in the first place? Just... this overall makes no sense whatsoever.

The personality's just a mess to see, too, and really doesn't fit at all. He's supposed to be a "Big Black" and he's /shy/? Being antisocial, by definition, also means he's unwilling or physically incapable of being friendly with people. It should literally be impossible for him to be able to say anything nice. At all. Now, what's "the best memory capacity"? Are you thinking of the guy who drew New York's entire skyline from memory to perfect accuracy? Or the lady who remembers every moment of every day of her waking life? (That's not "memory capacity", as you put it; it's a freakin' superpower.) The lack of social normalcy should eliminate any sense of understanding a regular person's feelings, too — a.k.a., empathy. Next, he's "shy and timid", and "can't really stand up for himself". Do you see the problem here about him getting aggressive when he's challenged yet? If not, I'll clarify it: it just doesn't work. Really, did you even try to check to make sure you weren't contradicting yourself? I don't think I can even understand it if you were rushed; it's just so glaringly obvious.

Lastly, and Vato's also cleared this one up, the history really says something about your sense of logic, and plot/canon in general. Why did the parents abandon their kids? (For that matter, where did the two younger siblings come from, since the "family of four" thing should count the parents that abandoned their four kids for no apparent reason whatsoever?) How did they survive? Especially the young'ns! Vato's stressed it enough, but I'm going to make it worse and just say, Team Rocket is not a terrorist organization; just a bunch of semi-organized thieves. They would never do something as hostile as burn down a school, let alone... anything. They also do not appear in the RP's canon. I can't even go into the rest of the history, because I don't understand anything in it!

As a final note, this reply was larger than your sign-up... by over two hundred words.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
sorry about that i just felt kind of rushed and used another SU as a template for this one so I'll make a completely new one

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2020
I thought you were just going to continue a thing with Mareep, since you didn't actually try and catch it, or tell me anything regarding it — e.g., "Do you think Mareep could maybe become my Pokémon of its own accord?"
o.O Sorry if I sounded offended. I was just trying to joke around :P I figured that you would do something like...
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7337213&postcount=88

Should I edit it to end it with a "capture attempt?"

Back