• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other OPEN] Chaos Age (M)

Drake Baku

Draconian Dragon Prince
Years
Edit:
Ok i have to adress this bit as i just heard that in a lot of places in America its considered nornal to walk around with a weapon(gun type) as long as its registered
I my self am from holland where this is considered illegal

So lets put it down this way
The law is made after a worldwide banning of having weapons of any type with you outside is in place
Plus most weapons used here will likely be other types then guns

------------------------------------
in the future things have gone wrong, BIG TIME.
the increase in crime and the threat of terrorist rose more and more and the "normal" citizens were getting the short end of the stick...
it had become so common that people were killed just for saying something someone else did not agree with or just to steal a jacket.
it got so far that even around the world the government officials were getting killed for no obvious reasons and so a new rule was set down "everyone was allowed to carry a weapon as long as they had it registered and only used it to protect them self"
the registration law obviously was meant to backtrack people from corpses, not that they had the people to look into it for the common man, but still...
anyway, they had hoped that with the knowledge that everyone was armed, the criminals and all would be less prone to just kill as it was also their own life that they risked.

but the desperate hope backfired to the point that now, it would be surprising to find a group of humans together, at best it would be a small family of 2 parents (if they both survived) and 1 or if they were lucky 2 kids.
no one seem to trust each other anymore, that or they just feared others..

things even escalated to a point that a shady group started to kidnap children for human experiments and then after a while let the kids back out into the world, using spy satellites to keep an eye on them to see what would happen and enjoy the mess that may grow from there on out.
basically they did inhuman things for the sake of reality tv.

as the amount of humans declined to at best 25% regionally, the rest of the civilized world started to be effected, most buildings for example are still standing, 90% of them would be in less then usable state, rotted floors, fallen walls, broken windows, you get the point..

only a few places are left in a reasonable state, such as some parks that were barricaded to preserve nature.

also side note, cops still exists in this setting, called militia, but finding one that is not corrupted is about the same as finding an white grain of sand in a dessert of brown sand.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your role

In this world, or what is left of it, you are someone trying to survive in a world that is bit by bit becoming more dangerous.
some of you will lack memories, having been survivors of the inhuman experiments (this will effect anything from the time you were kidnapped until your release, meaning either you may or may not have memories up till the age of 6 or 7, and the first thing you will have known was waking up somewhere about 2 years ago), though no one will have any obvious abilities in the beginning
while others will be normal humans.

during the beginning of the story we will end up finding each other, some may just end up at the spot by chance while others would likely be trying to run from the militia for some reason, but every one is free to make up their own reasons.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

possible roles:

-I have 4 slots for experimented individuals
-and 4 human slots
(both settings have a total of 5 characters when including my own)

experimented:

follow the following guidelines:
-all experimented will have no memories from the time they were kidnapped (i can accept some dreams about it but dont make it anything relevant, the experimented should for the time being be background info)
-some may not even have any memories from the time before being experimented on
-i wont force people to make a full list of abilities at the time, but do mind that i do keep the power to reject a abilities when its brought up for discussion (it should always be discussed before its used IC)
-all abilities should in a scientific manner make sense (for example, we all have electricity in our body, theoretically is should be possible to enhance and manipulate these with the right brain adjustments, allow the use of enhancing physical abilities such as strength, healing and speed, but something as manipulating shadows and making them hard is pure magic and thus not acceptable)
-at the start, experimented will either have no abilities or nothing noticeable (such as my char that can jump from 2 or 3 floor rooftop and land without breaking his bones), people dont tend to do that so it wont be that noticeable and even if he would do it, he would consider where he would fall (such as falling on an other person, making them get the damage, it wont be normal that he would be save but in a sense he did use someone else to break his fall so people dont think about it that quickly)
-abilities growth will be either be IC based (setting where due to time duration a mutation becomes active) or will be granted by me for some reason (such as reward for great posting and activity, this type of slot can be saved for later, IC wise it could be a mutation based on some kind of stimuli as strong emotions)
-no power of individual should become godly, meaning the mutations should have some kind of limitation or drawback to balance it out, in some cases it could even effect an already existing mutation in an manner (such as gaining some high defense while already having an strong regeneration would result in weakening the regeneration factor a lot)

Player roster
-Drake baku : Blade and Runa Fukada (sheets will come)

Rules
-Basic rp rules apply
-no player character killing
-content rated M for mature
-you can have up to 2 characters (exceptions may exists but then the limit is up to 3)
-GM keeps the sayso when needed and reserves the right to change or alter rule's (though i hope i wont be forced to do anything as such)
-even if rated M, dont go to graphic here, either go "fade to black" or take it somewhere more private so that we dont break the rules
-try to post weekly and if it not possible for whatever reason, report this in the OOC here (this include beforehand known absense for a longer period to situations where you can and want to post but are unable to due to something in the story limiting your options too much)
-keep up with the guideline for the experimented individuals, if i need to i may add more rules about that but i trust that i made the point of No God Mode clear enough in there and that in the end i have to approve of the abilities in the long run
-just cause this is a world where danger is around the corner and we dont have much humans to meet, does not mean that everyone is forced to use a weapon and that we dont have any relaxed moments, it just means we have to be on edge and careful at all times
(not like we can sleep on the streets out in the open without someone to take watch)
-this rp may posses some more fantasy or scifi (based on your view point) traits with the experiments, but lets try to keep up as much of an real life feel to it, someone who uses swords wont have much chance against a large group of gun users, even if he/ she is an experimented
-no one is immortal, so dont put your character in a place where the chance of survival is so unlikely it takes a miracle
-lastly for now a side note that is not a real rule but important enough: yes this world takes place in the future and its a survival world, but considering the time span the background has had and all, highly powerful weapons like tanks, flamethrowers and more have likely been used to a point that it would be very hard to find anything that is still functional or has any ammo left, this also counts for the guns as those were the most obvious weapon to use when the mess began, making it hard for manufactures to keep up with the demand and as people were getting desperate for more ammo, the ones that could make ammo have gone underground into hiding or are long dead, so while its not impossible to get ammo from a person able to make them or from weapons laying around, it will be hard so guns would be more rarer then normal, just stating this as its important to keep in mind

SU

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Drake Baku

Draconian Dragon Prince
Years
Ok i have to adress this bit as i just heard that in a lot of places in America its considered nornal to walk around with a weapon(gun type) as long as its registered
I my self am from holland where this is considered illegal

So lets put it down this way
The law is made after a worldwide banning of having weapons of any type with you outside is in place
Plus most weapons used here will likely be other types then guns

Drake Baku

Draconian Dragon Prince
Years
if an admin can close and remove this one as its obvious that no one is interested in this one

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
if an admin can close and remove this one as its obvious that no one is interested in this one
You don't need to close or remove the thread just because there seems to be a lack of interest at this time. Perhaps you can re-make this as a Help Thread in Roleplay Theatre and see if others can give you ideas for what to improve in order to make a more appealing RP?

Back