• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Here guys, I've got a topic for ya.

Do you have any recurring themes, or personal cliches that remain consistent through your RPing?

I know there are a few offers who enjoy such a thing, and I do it on here as well. One of the personal cliches I've created involves Heterochromia: multiple eye colors. I do this because, well, I have Heterochromia, and I like to have small things like that implemented.

Either it is a natural thing, it has a reasoning behind it, or on other occasions, the character doesn't even have Heterochromia until later in the story.

I actually have one of these "tendencies" too, believe it or not. A recurring theme with most of my characters are that they are somehow strongly related to fire. Two of my characters have been damaged by fire (which has lead to some visible marks, both physically and mentally. Well, in one of the cases at least.) while another one wields it like its his job.

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years

Do you have any recurring themes, or personal cliches that remain consistent through your RPing?

I know there are a few offers who enjoy such a thing, and I do it on here as well. One of the personal cliches I've created involves Heterochromia: multiple eye colors. I do this because, well, I have Heterochromia, and I like to have small things like that implemented.

Either it is a natural thing, it has a reasoning behind it, or on other occasions, the character doesn't even have Heterochromia until later in the story.

I've used heterochromia in a character myself, it's pretty fun to see what reactions people can come up with. On my own personal cliches, though, the only thing I can think of is the fact that many of the male characters I make are physically effeminate in some way. The personality's changed up for every character, for the most part; I end up putting an aspect of either myself or family and friends in different characters, too, even names or appearances instead of just using personality. (Any of my characters with east-Asian heritage can be traced to a single family I'm friends with in particular, for example.)

I also have a topic:

Are there any people or posts you just feel you have to facepalm (or, Heaven forbid, face-wall/desk/couch/other inanimate and blunt object) at? In terms of being a GM, what about sign-up sheets?
(Don't specify the person or post in question, of course.)

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years

...Nnnnope. Many of my characters have themes revolving around exploring the self and having cool abilities, however not all characters fit into even that much so they're not really consistent.

Are there any people or posts you just feel you have to facepalm (or, Heaven forbid, face-wall/desk/couch/other inanimate and blunt object) at? In terms of being a GM, what about sign-up sheets?

...This question doesn't really allow for any discussion, don't you think? o_o Can I like, rephrase this?

How about this: What are your pet peeves in RPing? Are there any character qualities that drive you crazy?

It's essentially the same question, only it doesn't target RPers. ;o

TornZero

Years

...This question doesn't really allow for any discussion, don't you think? o_o Can I like, rephrase this?

How about this: What are your pet peeves in RPing? Are there any character qualities that drive you crazy?

It's essentially the same question, only it doesn't target RPers. ;o

Though the people who use said character qualities will likely feel as targeted as in the other question. I was mostly just asking for a general yes/no consensus, I wasn't worrying so much on talking about experiences.

And I could've sworn I've asked the pet peeves question before.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023

All of my characters play a musical instrument (usually it's bass guitar and something else). I've made sure that they are all like that. d:

Also, the majority of my Roleplays revolve around superpowers. :D

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015

That's quite cool! What colors do you have? :) I only knew one girl with a blue and a green eye. In RPing, I feel that this thing has been marked with the cliche stamp for so long ago that we don't even see it often nowadays. At least I can't recall seeing it very much on here. So it's cool :3

As for me, hmm... my characters used to be consistently bubbly or outgoing, but I think that changed with a few of my later characters now. I'm not sure if I have a consistent cliche-like thing that I have in my RPing. Perhaps that I always write out my character's thoughts for everyone to see and understand, rather than hide them and let players guess what my characters are thinking. It doesn't sound like one of the things you mean though xD

My right eye is lighter blue, while my left eye is a darker blue, and has a brown-ish mark in it.

*half tempted to put up a picture of my eyes now*

Anyways, It's always been a goal of mine to stand out and be individual, which is usually emphasized in my characters; I like to make them stand out from the rest. The returned result is that a lot of people would actually go out of their way to make sure their characters interacted with mine.

I found my own Heterochromia to be a large symbol of being individual, and I've implemented them into my characters (or at least a trait that activates it).

Kiyoko's Heterochromia will be unlocked by a power (or rather, more than one power) eventually.

Kiba's Heterochromia (Earth & Sky) is natural. (I based his appearance off of, well, actually, that's something I keep to myself. His Japanese name is technically my Japanese name, though his personality is entirely made up. His Pokemon team is my personal dream team.)

Raven's Heterochromia (Maximum Ride, but I left) was... Well, never unlocked. Maybe I could add her into another RP, if the time comes.

Ryuu's Heterochromia (MINECRAFT RP hasn't started, so i guess this is leaked) is actually relevant to his skill; His right eye (also being a different color) has sniper-vision, meaning he can aim a bow&arrow or throw potion or egg or snowball, with precision accuracy.

Amethyst's Heterochromia (Pokemon Fallout) is an effect of her Pokemon spirit, a Weavile. Her right eye is icy sapphire blue, while her right eye is a red Weavile eye with a slitted pupil, which gives her slightly heightened vision. In the dark, both of her eyes are red with slitted pupils, which gives her night vision as if it were clear as day.

Pokemonmaster_draco

One Of The Best
Years
Wow Zerin! Nice. I like your perspection...now that i think of it, well i've never plan out my character at this range. I'm too dumb enough that is. *facepalm*.

So anyway, have there been no new idea for an rp of any sort? Fantasy? Sci-fi? Adventure? General? Anything?

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@Zerin: I would like to briefly point out that most animals famous for having 'good' night vision only have good vision at night compared to... y'know, being blind.

Night vision almost always suffers from one or more of the below weaknesses:

Difficulty seeing colors (color blindness)
Greatly reduced 'visual acuity' (That thing you find out when you get vision tests. 20/20 or 20/40 whatever.)
Inability to see directly in front of the eyes (requiring one to learn to look about 15-20 degrees off center.)
Difficulty detecting things that aren't moving.
Hallucinations that objects that aren't moving appear to move.
Delay in transitioning from day to night vision

Humans... actually suffer from all of the above to some degree. |D An animal with exceptional night vision might only suffer from about half of them. Frogs for instance have excellent night vision, but are practically blind if their prey sits still and have difficulty seeing colors. They may also have some degree of the other issues that we are not aware of.

MOST animals that are referred to as having excellent night vision get this praise just by avoiding the second symptom, as that's the most devastating limitation Night Vision has for say humans.

It's also noteworthy that if your character has slit pupils, their eyes will emit a faint twinkle in the dark~

...I know this stuff because I totally study animal biology when I go to make anthropomorphic characters. |D I enjoy integrating their traits into a humanoid. 'Tis fun to me.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
So anyway, have there been no new idea for an rp of any sort? Fantasy? Sci-fi? Adventure? General? Anything?

Yeah, I have a new RP idea that came to me when watching Shugo Chara. But instead of X-eggs and Guardian Characters, there are demons (which are in the shape of pokémon). Tadaa~!

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
And... Upload!

attachment

This picture doesn't turn out so great if you're trying to see the brown in my left eye, but it definitely shows the contrast between the two.

Also, I need a haircut. Soon.

___

People now know what I look like! Anyone have any comments / concerns?

Speaking of which, that brings up another possible topic.

Have you ever seen the face of someone you RP with (possibly including me)? Does it differ from what you were expecting?

I've seen a few I've RPed with before. I have to say, not one looked like what I'd expected. It sounds pretty dumb, but I always assume that people look like whatever their avatar is... (So yes, In my mind right now, Marin looks just like Yellow. Red's is chibi with red all over, TornZero is purple, and Skymin is... Well... Hm... She changes her Avatar to so many very-different things I can't even make a guess.

I bet Supervegeta looks like PURE LEGENDARY STUFF.

TornZero

Years
Have you ever seen the face of someone you RP with (possibly including me)? Does it differ from what you were expecting?

I've seen a few I've RPed with before. I have to say, not one looked like what I'd expected. It sounds pretty dumb, but I always assume that people look like whatever their avatar is... (So yes, In my mind right now, Marin looks just like Yellow. Red's is chibi with red all over, TornZero is purple, and Skymin is... Well... Hm... She changes her Avatar to so many very-different things I can't even make a guess.

I have! I don't really have expectations on how someone looks, but I am considerably surprised to see the kinds of people I RP with.

And he looks unbearably godly; I couldn't resist bowing down, even over the internet.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
are you guys kidding Supervegeta looks like a bum what is this i dont even

I've only seen some. And those I've seen are all super cute <3

Since I think me RPing is a bit (well, a lot) embarrassing to admit in real life, it felt strange to see the faces and hear the voices of the people I was writing with here. But it feels nice to know that you are all real people and not just letters and images on a screen.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years

I've only seen some. And those I've seen are all super cute <3

Since I think me RPing is a bit (well, a lot) embarrassing to admit in real life, it felt strange to see the faces and hear the voices of the people I was writing with here. But it feels nice to know that you are all real people and not just letters and images on a screen.

Shhhhhhhhh, that's just your jealousy talking, Supervegeta is truly Adonis-like in person.

Yeah, I've seen several of my fellow RPers, it is interesting though to see what they look like after having RPed with some of them, although I don't remember having any expectations.......

Skymin is totally a guy IRL

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Shhhhhhhhh, that's just your jealousy talking, Supervegeta is truly Adonis-like in person.

While I am agreeing with that, I believe your opinion of him is slightly watered down due to the fact that you're paired to him.

Nonetheless, people mostly agree.

All those in favor of replacing Arceus with Supervegeta, say "I"!

I!

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
i don't like showing myself to other people though :D (still there are photo's of me on my facebook...) The only persons who saw me are Mick Fizz, ShinDiamond, Miley810, ShinySweety, Zerin (not sure if he looked at them because first i was like "noo! Don't look at them!" And later i gave him permission, lol.....) And genieve i think, yellow too i guess, eqiunox (or however your write his name, just lu!) And.... Okay alot of people actually -v- ......

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022

All those in favor of replacing Arceus with Supervegeta, say "I"!

And he looks unbearably godly; I couldn't resist bowing down, even over the internet.

These are all approved comments.

This is not an approved comment.

Also as a point of interest, how many people actually look at the Roleplay Library?

I visit it on occasion when I know Ichiro updates it, just to see the variety of RPs available. Ichiro does a great job with that thread, when he chooses to update it. But he never does.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
While I am agreeing with that, I believe your opinion of him is slightly watered down due to the fact that you're paired to him.

Nonetheless, people mostly agree.

Wait, are you trying to say I'm biased and painting him in a good way or a bad way?

I would assume my opinion of him would be more inclined to be overrated since we are paired together, which would make sense in your sentence, but you use "watered down" meaning that I am underrating him; your sentence seems almost contradictory.

Regardless of Supervegeta's Awesomeness.....

What is your opinion on bring Social and Political ideologies into Roleplays?

I'm usually not against it, I feel it adds a sense of realism to the Roleplay over all, and it's interesting to see the differencing perspectives of some issues from the Roleplayers. In Atlantis Arising, the main idea is Racism, although it has only been touch on briefly, having a bigger part later on.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I don't think I've been in another RP that is about social or political ideologies in that sense. It's too serious for me, I imagine. I come here to RP about pokémon and have fun, mostly ;) although a RP like Atlantis or an RP set in some rather serious world where we can create realistic and deep characters is refreshing to me.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015

Wait, are you trying to say I'm biased and painting him in a good way or a bad way?

I would assume my opinion of him would be more inclined to be overrated since we are paired together, which would make sense in your sentence, but you use "watered down" meaning that I am underrating him; your sentence seems almost contradictory.

Regardless of Supervegeta's Awesomeness.....

Yes, the word I was trying to think of was "diluted". You were overrating him; If that's even possible!

The funny thing is I don't think I've ever RPed with him, but he must be legendary because he is the center of every topic and everyone loves him.

All in favor of replacing Arceus with a Supervegeta, say "I"!

It's level 9001, has infinity plus 1 hp, and knows every move in the game, and also some that aren't, and even the master ball breaks trying to catch him.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
Years
Going by my current Facebook picture, I am Spiderman and I wear a top hat and a monocle and am the owner of a particularly spiffy moustache.

I'm with Red on the other topic anyway - sometimes it can get complicated and you might end up doing something that touches on something sensitive and that other people find offensive or something like that. I'm so astute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back