• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
I do like this idea, but... Are we really ever going to use it? I could very well be wrong but wasn't the Library taken down for lack of usage?

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
I do like this idea, but... Are we really ever going to use it? I could very well be wrong but wasn't the Library taken down for lack of usage?

This is a wiki, that was a Library, or an archive. I think part of the reason the Library was taken down was also because Ichiro got real busy. The wiki works differently, it's basically supposed to not put a burden on one single person to constantly update.

How people should be approaching the wiki is, "oh ok, so my RP is up. I have to make sure it isn't forgotten, so I'll post a summary on the wiki for people to check out later!" and following something similar to other wikis, it'll have a small news update or something like that, where major events are updated for archiving, and to show what new RPs have been posted.

Anyways, it's free, so it doesn't matter whether it fails or gains popularity. The only way I believe we can see is by posting it and checking out how much activity it generates.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
That was taken care of by a single person, though, and it was because of that lack of usage that the one person had it shut down. In the case of a wiki, it's a collaborative effort, thus the hard work and responsibility is divided among all RPers, and similarly, the desire to manage and update it varies from person to person. So really, if there were a wiki then whether it's used by the masses or not would probably be irrelevant, and it's upkeep would vary depending on whether people feel like updating it or not. For instance, sometimes I update wikis that I'm sure no one will see, but I feel that they need more information so I add to it anyways.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
A wiki seems totally pointless and ridiculously high-energy to me.

I mean, what you're doing with Atlantis and the characters is pretty pointless when you could just link to the sign up, which will no doubt have better information anyway.

Even if you insisted people updated their own characters page with progress then things would always get missed/forgotten and the supposedly reliable wiki would then be causing loads of confusion ><.

So really a simple list done by one person would be so much better. If people then think it's too much hassle it's pretty easy to instil a weekly/biweekly update rather than EVERY time something new springs up.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
You didn't really explain how the 'Battle' category was supposed to be done anyway.

Not in a good, easy to understand way anyway. That's why that happened.

IMO though obviously...

=/

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
I think a wiki or wiki like thing would be rather cool, especially how RHCP described how one could work. It does seem like a lot I work though, especially to get started so it would take a lot of members not being lazy to really get it to be of any real use. It'd also need someone overlooking it to make sure the information on it is accurate or that could case problems in some rps.

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
Years
You didn't really explain how the 'Battle' category was supposed to be done anyway.

Not in a good, easy to understand way anyway. That's why that happened.

IMO though obviously...

=/

It was just meant to be a combined post by two people controlling characters engaging in a ''Battle'' of some description, wether that battle be a Pokemon battle, a Yugioh Duel, a Metal Gear Solid fight, a fight between Sonic and Knuckles, heck a poker game.

Just wasn't getting enough interest unfotunately.

Shame because it was one of the most appealing to me.

I reckon it would have done better if you were allowed to RP the battle on your own.

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I mean, what you're doing with Atlantis and the characters is pretty pointless when you could just link to the sign up, which will no doubt have better information anyway.
Yes but no. Me and Ichiro have about 7 billion NPCs and its great for back story. It's actually really helpful once it's cleaned up.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
I support the wiki. Its more amusing to check a wiki page than a lame old mainstream OOC page.
Wikis are the new thing! (silliness)

ON Topic: The battle thingy could have been better if it was one person narratting or RPing a battle, instead of a co operative thing. Having to work with someone else seemed like too much of a hassle, and thats really the only reason I didn't sign up for it.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
The Escape category could have been done better if it was an actual RP as well.

What?

=/

Dude, stop complaining in the discussion thread and go message either Skymin, Supervegeta, Raikiri or TheOriginalRaitan. Honestly, no one cares.

On to other things, I believe the wiki could work, if people had a more positive disposition about it, helped out to get it up and running, and visited it frequently, it could work. There is this really cool button on wikia where it takes you to a random page, you could visit a page of an RP you've never seen before!~

The thing that has made the Atlantis wiki work even though it hasn't been completed is that our Roleplayers enjoy helping out to create it, and with as many NPC's as Skymin and I have, it will be much easier to check the NPC on the wikia than wait for us to come online and message us. All it takes is a few dedicated people for it to work.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023

What?

=/

Okay dude not meaning to be rude but the fact that you managed to screw up in three events kinds of hurts your credibility. It's probably just poor reading on your behalf, make sure you read properly next time around.

Anyways, I think the wiki seems to have generated at least some attention. I'll go ahead and create the wiki, we'll see if it works after that.

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Well, I'm just gonna' come in here for a short moment and state that I as well support the idea of an RP Wiki. Sure, it'd probably be a lot of work, but to me it sounds like a really fun idea! Something to make the RP Corner that much more interesting...

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
Years

What?

=/

Dude, all you seem to post here are criticisms. The Escape category was perfectly explained, a few of us have given opinions that it would have been better to do solo, but the rules given made perfect sense. Plus if it was an ''Actual RP'' as you put it, that would kill the point of the fact that this is the RPO's, and they aren't being done in typical fashion, it's just a demonstration and competition of good writing.

Dude,
And yes, it is doable. (excuse me while I consult the dictionary on the realness of the words doable and realness.)

xD

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I think my favourite thing is that everyone who has replied to The Mega Champion has started or almost started their sentence with "dude".

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
I think my favourite thing is that everyone who has replied to The Mega Champion has started or almost started their sentence with "dude".

Dude I noticed that too. But I only used it because the word dude has been on my mind a lot recently. Like who made that word? My grandpa told me it used to mean "man from the city"

Err yeah.

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years

That is pretty funny actually. But it would be even more funny if people would've gone all Prinny on him and replied with "d00d" instead. But that's just my idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back