• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Unevolved Pokémon Challenge

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Current Progress:
I'm gonna be posting my progress for three days worth of play so far.

The Team:
Spoiler:

On Day 1, I chose Piplup as my starter, and caught Ponyta on Route 207 and a Munchlax at Valley Windworks (lucky~). Roark was quite easy, and was handled quite easily by Piplup. I made it to Eterna City without fanfare, and got my second badge by sweeping the gym with Ponyta. I ended the day here.

On Day 2, I decided to remove Munchlax from the party (too slow for my tastes) and caught Gible in Turnback Cave and Nosepass in Mt. Coronet. I trained the team for quite a bit, then battled and defeated Fantina for badge 3 with a Nosepass and Piplup. I then moved through Solaceon Town, picking up Defog in the Ruins. I then caught Scyther on Route 210, and trained him like crazy. Upon arriving in Veilstone City, I acquired Porygon and trained it as well. I beat Maylene for badge 4 by using Scyther and Ponyta. I then made my way to Pastoria City, after training a ton on Route 214. I won, although Wake's Gyarados took out a few members of my team, and got badge 5. I ended the day by dealing with the Galactic Grunt.

Today, I went to Canalave City, and then to Iron Island where I trained (once again!) quite a bit. I then beat Byron quite easily (Wake's been the toughest so far). I then dealt with Team Galactic at Lake Valor, before ending the day.

I'm thinking that this isn't too bad, apart from all the training I've needed to do. I probably wouldn't be able to handle the battles so well if my team wasn't higher leveled than everyone else.

TheUnit684

Heedrim
Years
Let's try something a little different from my normal fare, then. :)

Username: TheUnit684
Version(s): HeartGold
Ultimate?: No

TheUnit684

Heedrim
Years
Heading to the Radio Tower in Goldenrod City, KennyJr made quick work of Team Rocket, dispatching them without much trouble. Archer, the executive who had taken charge, assured KennyJr he would disband Team Rocket more permanently this time. KennyJr's Pokemon grew more powerful and he felt ready to journey to Blackthorne City. He headed east From Mahogany Town, quickly making his way to Icy Path. The Path also proved to be an easy obstacle, overcome without much trouble.

Upon arriving in Blackthorne City, KennyJr quickly checked his Pokemon and determined they weren't quite ready for the Gym. He flew to the Safari Zone, hoping to perhaps pick up a Pokemon to aid him against Clair. He instead ran into a Murkrow, which he felt fated to catch. He caught the Murkrow and named it Shade, putting it in his party to be the flyer and slowly get into fighting shape. He traveled the world, doing some more training, before finally entering the Blackthorne Gym to challenge Clair.

He lost horribly. Twice. He traveled around some more and continued training, trying to devise new strategies to help him beat the Dragon master. His Pokemon continued to grow and learn new moves, but he still new he wasn't ready. The first great obstacle in his journey, he wondered ahead how much of a challenge the Elite Four would be if he was having this much trouble with Clair. Whenever he felt ready, he went to challenge Clair and continued losing until, finally, things turned around. Randall managed to pull out his lucky charm, landing a freeze on the first Dragonair and a flinch on the second, managing to take both out without taking any damage. One poisoned Kingdra later, and Clair was finally beaten.

Journeying through the Dragon's Den, he mentally prepared for the stringent training session he would have to endure before facing the Elite Four. Needless to say, he passed the test and finally received the Rising Badge!

Team Summary:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Xyler

The absence of evidence is not the evidence of abs
Years

Username: Xyler
Version(s): Silver, Emerald, Platinum, Black 2
Ultimate?: Yes

=====================================================
Xylers Ultimate Unevolved Challenge

Silver
Progress: 7/16 Badges

Team
Spoiler:

Events
Spoiler:

Emerald
Progress: To Start

Platinum

Black 2

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 22, 2022
Wow, we've hit Page 2! That's 26 posts! Anyways, I added all the new challengers, whom I welcome, and I updated names. If I somehow messed up, please VM me, and I will fix it ASAP.

TheUnit684

Heedrim
Years

Rules
1. An Unevolved Pokemon is a Pokémon that has not evolved, this does not include NFE. [S-HIGHLIGHT]This also includes Single-Form Pokémon with a BST less then 320.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]
2. Hacking/trading in Pokémon is not allowed, as it is not required for this challenge.
3. Banned Pokémon can be found here (for you cheeky people trying to use legendaries).
4. Pokémon whose pre-evolution is not in your game (ex. Pichu in Red) count as Unevolved.
5. The run is competed when:
Spoiler:

6. An ultimate run is completed in 5 different regions, GSC and HGSS count as both Johto and Kanto.

Silver

Progress: 7/16 Badges

Team
Spoiler:

Sorry I don't want to be that guy, but I just was browsing the thread and noticed this. Above I have the rules from the OP quoted with a certain section highlighted, and I have Xyler's team summary for Silver. I noticed he has both Aipom and Heracross, who in 2nd gen are indeed single-form Pokemon. However, both of their BSTs are above 320 (at least, in Gen 3. I imagine Gen 2 isn't too different), which makes them banned from use. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I just felt the need to point this out. Sorry guys. :P

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 22, 2022
Okay, Xyler and I talked, and they're just gonna swap the Pokémon out. Also, I changed the rule so the BST limit for Pokémon without evolutions is 380. I was looking at the Pokédex and 320 is a bit low.

Volga

The Dragon Knight
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
I changed the rule so the BST limit for Pokémon without evolutions is 380. I was looking at the Pokédex and 320 is a bit low.

380 is still a bit low, in gen 6, there are only 10 single form Pokemon that are 380 or below. There may be more or less depending on the generation, but that's still a bit low, I'd say 430-450 would be good.
That's just my opinion though. :D

-Rilou-

Lost One Weeping
Years
Username: -Rilou-
Version(s): FireRed

Team:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 22, 2022
Okay, I'm gonna have to change my challenge, I just don't have enough 3DS time available.

Username: Sir Pedro
Version(s): Yet Another FireRed Hack

Journey Progress:

Got my starter, Tso the Torchic, from Professor Oak. Then Edward, my loser rival, challenges me to a battle, which I win with ease. After this I move on through Route 1, taking out all the Sentret. When I reach Viridian City, I immediately head for the Pokemon Center, then the Pokemart. Here, the clerk tells me to deliver a parcel to the Prof. I'm not some delivery boy! I grudgingly agree, which is good since Oak needed me anyway. The Prof. gives me a Pokedex, and I move on until I hit Route 2, where I start grinding. Then I decide to go east, where I catch Shelly (WTF stupid name!?!?) the Togepi.

Team Progress

Tso the Torchic
255.gif

Shelly the Togepi
175.gif

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 22, 2022
Hope this thread isn't too old to revive...
Username: nikkissippi121
Version(s): Yellow
Ultimate?: Yes

You're in luck, I just got back from a very long break. I'll do some thread maintenance and add you to the challengers.

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
You're in luck, I just got back from a very long break. I'll do some thread maintenance and add you to the challengers.

Cool! I thought this challenge was dead. But, I beat it. (My username was Hopeless Masquerade but I changed it.)

The final team:
Spoiler:

Cynthia was a real challenge to defeat, but after about 10 tries I got it! :)

I've attached a picture of my Hall of Fame screen.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 22, 2022
OK, everybody, I'm truly back. Now, I'm sure most people forgot about this challenge, so I'm resetting the challengers (other than [user]Lost Heart[/user] and [user]nikkissippi121[/user]) and starting over. I hope that this will catch on and it'll be fun! ^^

A Moon Gust

Banned
Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2023
I thought that saving ingame would keep my save on my computer but it didn't so I lost like 3 badges of progress so I do not feel like doing this challenge anymore.

Last edited:
Back