• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Captace Region (Fakemon + Other stuff)

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Well done with the latest Fakemon. I'm happiest with the Arakidian. I'm not as happy with the torpedo and missile. Overall though I think I did a fine job.

535 - Flurry: Ice/Fighting type. "This pokemon spends its time punching ice blocks into pieces. Children try making snowmen from it."
536 - Kungfrost: Evolves from 535 at level 30. Ice/Fighting type. Good Attack. Ok P and Sp. defenses. Bad speed and Sp. Attack. "This pokemon is said to be able to hold a glacier in place. Children though still try playing with it, adding on top hats and things."

537 - Ledyba: Bug/Flying type. "Scared of the wrold, this pokemon never leaves its swarm unless it has to. It stays in contact with the swarm using scents."
538 - Ledian: Evolves from 537 at level 18. Bug/Flying type. "Most active during starry nights. This Pokemon's patterns change with the number of stars in the sky."
539 - Lediaga: Evolves from 538 in an undetermined way. Bug/Flying type. Think Ledian, but with boosts all around. "They say these pokemon can communicate with stars. Lediagas are supposedly able to use the energy from the stars to power its attacks up."

540 - Spinerac: Bug/Poison type. "This pokemon senses things through its durable web it weaves. It can stay in the same spot for days."
541 - Ariados: Evolves from 540 at level 22. Bug/Poison type. "It can spin endless amounts of thread. Some pokemon have a hard time fighting this pokemon due the fact they can't tell which side is its front."
542 - Arakidian: Evolves from 541 in an undetermined way. Bug/Poison type. Think Ariados, but with a major Sp. Attack boost and some other boosts in other areas. "Arakidian can see through its 7 eyes and front, and can sense energy through its hind eye. Its thread is almost as strong as steel."

543 - Torskate: Ice/Steel type. "This pokemon glides across ice at inpressive speeds. It has issues when it falls on its side."
544 - Misskate: Evolves from 535 at level 28. Ice/Steel type. Good attack and Speed. Bad P. and Sp. Defense and Sp. Attack. "Using its rocket booster, this pokemon moves at incredible speeds. It loses some control though going this fast and finds itself running into a lot of things.."

Fakemon_Sheet_6_by_Jappio01.png

Silver Destiny

Making Pokemon MMORPG
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 8, 2008
Cool sprites..i like them.. the new map is soo coool.

I also like your splices..keep it up!!:D

Last edited:

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Well I now have the latest splices done. A few of them as you can see have multiple, for the usual color or shape differences I can't decide between, so I just take both. The top 4 are special for the fact they are for a contest I'm in. Next submission I'll let you all know if they won or not.

Splice_Sheet_32_by_Jappio01.png

-Shadowburn-

I'm Back
Years
The splices pretty good, although the scratches need a bit of work done. The outline is choppy on some, and the the different tones on the shading are too different. The shapes are a bit awkward on some but overall, not bad. You are a fairly decent spriter.

..Beyond

Cut your losses.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 29, 2014
The Registeel/Glalie is particularly nice. Good splicing.

Hiroshi Uwishicarwei

Darkness...
Years
all these amazing sprites... I wish I could do this... But... All these sprites could help me make an official hack rom! Oh, please, may I use them for a hack? I really need to form a hack team... (even though... I need to delete my old one...) I would love the help.

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Well here are the latest. Not a whole lot, but I've been a bit slow on getting any new ones out so I'm Ok with that. I'm quite happy with Narlight and Maestrot. Yet Hyrdrax and Plataqwil are partially disappointing, but they were a little difficult.

545 - Qwilfish: Water/Poison type. "Fisherman make sure to be careful with handling this pokemon, its quills can poison."
546 - Plataqwil: Evolves from 545 by undertermined way. Water/Poison. Better stats than Qwilfish, and is going to a P attacker. "People can't tell if it is a land or water creature. They do know though to avoid its poisoness spines."

547 - Bydra: Dragon type. "Having two heads, Bydra has issues with itself. Yet due to this also, it can be a pretty fierce pokemon."
548 - Hydrax: Evolves from 547 at level 30. Dragon type. "People say every time you cut off a head of this Pokemon, it just grows back. Although that is legend, its strength and power are not rumor."

549 - Chinchou: Electric/Water type. "Chinchou discharge electricity from its atteana on its head."
550 - Lanturn: Evolves from 549 at level 27. Electric/Water type. "It's light can be seen from the bottom of the sea up to the surface. It can also discharge powerful electrical attacks from it's orbs."
551 - Narlight: Evolves from 550 in an undetermined way. Electric/Water type. Think Lanturn, but with a major Sp. Attack boost and some other boosts in other areas (seriously, Lanturn needed this, it has horrible stats. "This pokemon has such a bright horn, that it can guide ships safely through any condition."

552 - Chatot: Flying/Normal type. "Capable of imitating human voice, this pokemon can cause tricks to people."
553 - Maestrot: Evolves from 552 om undetermined way. Flying/Normal. Chatot with a Sp. Attack boost. "This pokemon can imitate entire opera's worth of sound and singing. The irony of it all is it can not sing what it hasn't heard."

Fakemon_Sheet_7_by_Jappio01.png

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Well here are the latest Fakemon. I don't think there is anything I have to go over anything. I just hope that posting this late at night doesn't yield a small number of replies, as does posting at night usually does.

Fakemon_Sheet_8_by_Jappio01.png

554 - Rabburn: Fire type. "A pokemon who lives life on the rough side. It one day dreams to be able to live in a much more destinguished life.."
555 - Burnsworth: Evolves from 554 by Fire Stone. Fire type. Good Sp. Attack. Ok P. attack, Sp. defense, and Speed. Bad P defense."This pokemon is said to be a refined pokemon. It takes joy in the finer things in life.."

556 - Farfetched: Flying/Normal type. "Farfetch'd are always seen with its famous stalk. It can even use it like a blade."
557 - OutaQuack: Evolves from 556 when it levels up with "Leek Sword" equipped. Flying/Steel type. Increased stats of Farfetch'd, probably aimed towards the attack and speed stats. "After taking up the blade and honing its skilled, this pokemon adapts to battle easily. When it draws it blade out, it will not rest until someone can no longer battle."

558 - Shivcube: Ice type. "This pokemon constantly shivers and chatters its teeth. It makes it hard for it to hide, so it has learned well how to be able to take a hit."
559 - Burblock: Evolves from 558 at level 35. Ice type. Good P. and Sp. Defences. Ok P. Attack. Bad Sp. attack and Speed. "This pokemon is large and heavy, most forces can't even push it back. Reversely this pokemon can't move too well itself either, taking ages to travel long distances."

560 - Spinda: Flying/Normal type. "Every Spinda is said to have a different patter of spots. Spinda are also known for being very dizy pokemon.."
561 - Toppleda: Evolves from 560 in undetermined way. Normal type. Spinda, but made a more defensive. "This pokemon looks like it has a hard time standing straight. It may look like it has issue, but its rumored that most have never once fallen over, and actually have great balance. They also retain their unique spot patterns."

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Here are the latest Splices. I really get these done a lot faster than Fakemon. An extra big sheet this time since there was a lot I wanted to do. I do need apologize though, some of the requests I got I could not do. They turned out to have pretty much nothing to splice (zapdos + Jolteon was one, I forget the others). The requesters can ask for something different if they wish. Also I'd like to add Drapion to the list of things hard to splice. Seriously, it is too big to give things, and too odd to have things put on it well. So from what I remember, Drapion, Kingdra, and Nosepass are on the list.

Splice_Sheet_33_by_Jappio01.png

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Well due to popular demand, I have made a tutorial for splicing. Hope it aids everyone else, and stop asking me for how I do it now! Watch out, it's huge.

Spoiler:

Goatman56

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
Alright, what I mostly like is your fusions. I mean some of them aren't the greatest but then some of them make me go "Woah I wish i'd thought of that first" so good job on that.

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Well this sheet personally is one of the biggest let downs I've had now. First off I gave up on one of the Fakemon since I just couldn't get it to work, so I'm figuring I'll just try to make it later. Porygon 0 is a blatant sprite 'edit' of Porygon, which fits what it is suppose to be, but at the same time lacks the skill I'd like to put in it. The hole pokemon though I can't help but love and want.

So yeah overall this has taught me, I'll probably be doing a lot of backtracking when I"m finished so I can fix up all my horrible mistakes....

(Sorry if I'm sounding emo or something, but recently I told myself I'd start improving as a spriter and all this seems like a disimprovement)

Fakemon_Sheet_9_by_Jappio01.png

Here is the Dex datas:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

562 - Turtech: Steel type. "This pokemon uses clockwork technology to be able to move around. Many say when its gears stop spinning, this pokemon stops living."
563 - Fixdines: Evolves from 562 at level 31. Steel type. Good P. Defense. Ok P. attack, Sp. defense. Bad Sp. attack."The king of fixing things, this pokemon is like a swiss army knife, able to help with many different tasks."

564 - Porygon: Normal type. "This pokemon was created completely with code, and it still remains capable of reverting back to the that code to enter cyberspace."
565 - Porygon 2: Normal type. "This Pokemon was made when scientists found a way to evolve Porygon through installing files. It now boasts new A.I. and emotions."
566 - Porygon Z: Normal type. "Another upgrade was applied to the Porygon family. The install wasn't perfect though and some say it has new errors that still need trouble shooting."
567 - Porygon 0: Evolves from 564 by leveling to level 30 with "Evil Wish" held. Dark/Poison type. It is like Porygon Z, but its Sp. Attack is switched with P. Attack "This Pokemon's programming has been corrupted and it now is a virus. People also have referred to it as MISSINGNO." (Yes, it will ask to learn water gun, water gun, and sky attack upon evolution. No, it won't evolve into kangaskhan =D).

568 - Pinepine: Grass type. Good Sp. Def. and HP. Ok P. Attack and Sp.attack and P. Defense, bad speed. "This pokemon avoids battle usually. It will amongst trees and rests for hours. Watch out, its quills are sharp."

569 - Pito: Ground/Dark type. "Watch out for this pokemon in dark caves, people often don't notice it and trip in it. People say this Pokemon has a rivalry with Diglett."
570 - Cavito: Evolves from 569 at level 28. Ground/Dark type. Good P. attack. Ok Sp. Attack and speed. Bad P. and SP. Defense. "This pokemon drags others down into the dark underground, many people say once your pulled in, their is no leaving."

blaster911

reincarnation of matt
Years
Well this sheet personally is one of the biggest let downs I've had now. First off I gave up on one of the Fakemon since I just couldn't get it to work, so I'm figuring I'll just try to make it later. Porygon 0 is a blatant sprite 'edit' of Porygon, which fits what it is suppose to be, but at the same time lacks the skill I'd like to put in it. The hole pokemon though I can't help but love and want.

So yeah overall this has taught me, I'll probably be doing a lot of backtracking when I"m finished so I can fix up all my horrible mistakes....

(Sorry if I'm sounding emo or something, but recently I told myself I'd start improving as a spriter and all this seems like a disimprovement)

Fakemon_Sheet_9_by_Jappio01.png

Here is the Dex datas:

562 - Turtech: Steel type. "This pokemon uses clockwork technology to be able to move around. Many say when its gears stop spinning, this pokemon stops living."
563 - Fixdines: Evolves from 562 at level 31. Steel type. Good P. Defense. Ok P. attack, Sp. defense. Bad Sp. attack."The king of fixing things, this pokemon is like a swiss army knife, able to help with many different tasks."

564 - Porygon: Normal type. "This pokemon was created completely with code, and it still remains capable of reverting back to the that code to enter cyberspace."
565 - Porygon 2: Normal type. "This Pokemon was made when scientists found a way to evolve Porygon through installing files. It now boasts new A.I. and emotions."
566 - Porygon Z: Normal type. "Another upgrade was applied to the Porygon family. The install wasn't perfect though and some say it has new errors that still need trouble shooting."
567 - Porygon 0: Evolves from 564 by leveling to level 30 with "Evil Wish" held. Dark/Poison type. It is like Porygon Z, but its Sp. Attack is switched with P. Attack "This Pokemon's programming has been corrupted and it now is a virus. People also have referred to it as MISSINGNO." (Yes, it will ask to learn water gun, water gun, and sky attack upon evolution. No, it won't evolve into kangaskhan =D).

568 - Pinepine: Grass type. Good Sp. Def. and HP. Ok P. Attack and Sp.attack and P. Defense, bad speed. "This pokemon avoids battle usually. It will amongst trees and rests for hours. Watch out, its quills are sharp."

569 - Pito: Ground/Dark type. "Watch out for this pokemon in dark caves, people often don't notice it and trip in it. People say this Pokemon has a rivalry with Diglett."
570 - Cavito: Evolves from 569 at level 28. Ground/Dark type. Good P. attack. Ok Sp. Attack and speed. Bad P. and SP. Defense. "This pokemon drags others down into the dark underground, many people say once your pulled in, their is no leaving."

the porygon-o is your best scratch yet

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
the porygon-o is your best scratch yet

You obviously didn't read what I had said. I stated that Porygon 0 is a sprite edit. I took Porygon's sprite and edited it. I will go back and make a scratch version of it, but for now it will be as such.

ghastly

Leafgar!
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2008
woah. these are all really good, some of my favorites being the persian evo, trogdor, lanturn evo, and ariados evo. You are excellent with splicing and not to bad at scratching. i would work on your scratching just a bit to improve it, but your splicing is incredible ( well there are sone im dont like but its just because the look like mega cut and paste).

Keep it up!

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Well just as a quick explanation. The three splices with Celebi are for a contest, and it's part of the contest that they had to have shiny forms. Also the guy on the bottom left and his inferno form are for a different contest.

Splice_Sheet_34_by_Jappio01.png

Glitter Stain

Banned
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 3, 2011
I'm only going to comment on the fusions for now.

Sheet 1: Different. The shading is not so good on some of them. Rotom x Gyarados is by far the best. Sandslash x Togepi isn't really a fusion/splice; it is just an advanced recolor.

Sheet 2: The best is probably Spheal x Abra. The rest are a bit showy and slightly choppy. Try to focus less on how many parts you can edit/recolor and more on the quality of the sprite.

Sheet 3: The Tauros sprites are overkill. Their tails are quite scary. The best fusion on this sheet is Arcanine x Lairon.

Sheet 4: Refer to post 2 for comments. I like Wigglytuff x Toxicroak x Gardevoir the best, but this sheet is definitely not my favorite.

Sheet 5: Good! Blaziken x Kangaskhan is quite good, but the best is probably Farfetch'd x Kabutops. Very creative. You forgot to remove part of the black background on Koffing x Jirachi.

Sheet 6: Interesting. Nothing too special, but nothing really all that bad. Some of them are a bit too busy, though. Black background on Manectric x Gorebyss. My favorite is Chimecho x Bonsly x Minun.

Sheet 7: These are a little too exciting. You might want to tone it down some. Black background. The brown Teddiursa x Piplup is the best, though it is not extremely creative.

Sheet 8: Very creative! These are good. The best is probably Smeargle x Beedrill. There's still some black background on Kirlia x Kricketune.

Sheet 9: I'm scarred for life. Thanks. Just joking. Nothing really to comment on these, except you should probably donate some of them to Pokemon Mutation. Snubble x Phanpy is the best.

Sheet 10: Wtf at the first two. I wouldn't want to be the Altaria on Altaria x Girafarig x Noctowl. Glaceon x Leafeon, a very common fusion, would be my favorite out of these.

Sheet 11: These are all pretty good. My favorite is definitely Hoothoot x Exeggcute. Very creative and well-executed. (No pun intended).

Sheet 12: Some of these are too busy, specifically the first one. Combee x Castform needs some shading work done. Roselia x Dodrio is my favorite.

Sheet 13: The first one needs some serious toning down. Other than that, the rest are pretty good. The best is Mightyena x Suicune, but an honorable mention goes out to Zapdos x Gengar.

Sheet 14: The "Girafarig with two other Pokemons' heads"-thing is getting a bit strange. It's not bad, but it's just really bizarre. Entei x Suicune x Raikou is good, but my personal favorite is Psyduck x Kecleon because of its smoothness and natural look.

Sheet 15: These are not your best. Most of them are a bit over-copiepasted. Crobat x Omastar is not very creative, but it is the best nonetheless.

Sheet 16: The Eevees are pretty good, even though they are a bit strange-looking. The best out of those is the Jolteon colored one. However, the best sprite on the sheet is Exeggcutor x Vigoroth.

Sheet 17: The Chimera is very interesting, but the fusion itself is extremely bizarre. Too many heads. The best on this sheet in my opinion is Qwilfish x Porygon.

Sheet 18: The Pokemon fusions are over-copiepasted. The trainers are better, and the best is probably the Farfetch'd x Trainer.

Sheet 19: Not all of these are fusions/splices, but I like most of them. The best fusion on this sheet is Gyarados x Milotic.

Sheet 20: My favorite is Grotle x Wartortle x Torkoal. I really like most of these.

Sheet 21: The Vulpix x Hippopataus, while extremely good, isn't really a fusion. The best of the others is probably Zapdos x Moltres x Articuno.

Sheet 22: These are all above average, but the best is without a doubt Azurill x Slugma. I love it!

Sheet 23: These are very good and extremely creative. I really like Starmie x Electrode (though it could use some re-shading), but my personal favorite is Mr. Mime x Sudowoodo for its creativity and elocution.

Sheet 24: The Mr. Mime x Togetic x Nidorina appears to have a bit of black background, but I can't really tell. Slowking x Swampert x Nidoqueen needs some shading work but is otherwise good. My favorite this time around is Parasect x Magcargo.

Sheet 25: Nothing of too much interest. The best is Dusknoir x Kangaskhan. The Rayquaza x Mew's shading isn't perfect.

Sheet 26: All pretty good, but my personal favorite is Arceus x Zapdos though its shading is not right.

Sheet 27: Some of these are too busy. I would tone it down some if I were you. Vibrava's wings don't fit well on Cyndaquil. In cases like those it is best to scratch them or find past gen parts.

Sheet 28: Some of these are a bit awkward-looking, as not everything fits together so well. These are not bad, but could use improvement. Flygon x Wartortle is probably my favorite.

Sheet 29: These are all good. My favorite is Ludicolo x Aggron.

Sheet 30: Nothing too special here other than Starmie x Rotom, which is very good as well as my favorite in this sheet.

Sheet 31: Excellent! I love these. Most are very creative. I like Flaaffy x Mismagius the best out of these.

Sheet 32: All rather good. Kingler x Snorlax is very interesting. My favorite is Nincada x Shellder.

Sheet 33: Most of these could use a tiny bit of improvement, with the exceptions being the Celebi fusions. The best is the green Azurill x Celebi.

The best overall is Grotle x Wartortle x Torkoal, followed by Gyarados x Rotom and then by Mismagius x Flaaffy.

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Mobile Tsk, I thank you for the time you took to critique my work. It is well written and you make a good number of valid points. I agree with many of the points, and our opinion on some of the bests is also equal sometimes (although I can't seem to figure what is so great about Rotom+Starmie, I thought it ugly and boring).

A few points I can see myself actually using, and the other will be things that I will nitpick myself on everynow and gain. The rest of the points you made I might not always notice, but when I do it will drive me insane (you know, like when you're taught its "etc" and not "ect" and then every time you see "ect" it sort of bothers you).

Thanks again for the critique, and if you come back to critique the fakemon, I know it probably won't be pretty, but I'm sure way helpful (admitingly my fakemon aren't that good).

Also I feel I should mention a lot of the choices on Pokemon put together is not mine. I do a lot of requests and take a lot of suggestions from people most of the time. This though is not a good excuse, but putting it out there though.

Last edited:
Back