• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Psyke

sings Unown music on the bus.
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2006
does the id help in the metal games ? AKA G/s/c (( btw getting ds soo yeah i'l be getting emerald n such So i can start hunting on 3rd gen too now 83 ))

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
No, IIRC, a pokemon was shiny depending on its DV(Deter Values).

My Super Smash Bros. Melee game is not working anymore, so now I have more time to shiny hunt during the day... other than that, I have nothing new to report.

Doopliss

(+) Sirena Beach
Years
Aurel said:
actually, you never did.

people told me WHAT it was, but they never told me HOW to do it...

now if i missed a post (i've read every post {i think} since i've joined) than i'm sorry, but i personally looked back through every one of your posts and never once did you say how to soft reset. to make sure i went to your public profile and read EVERY post you've made, and still nothing.

so either i'm blind, or you didn't. but, knowing me, it could be either one, so...

and good luck with your hunt, SL, Prodigy and Shido and Brit.

Indeed, you are right, i coulda sworn though. *sulks* I'm a bad person.

15 ABsol Eggs hatched, My current batch is in the "It's making souns! It's about to hatch." section.

Brit Lucifer

Phantasmagorical!
Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2007
MeleeMaster-ShinyPokemon said:
My Super Smash Bros. Melee game is not working anymore

I am so sry :( i love that game. *a proud jigglypuff user*

23 Pinsir eggs hatched, 301 still left

Years
for some reason it getting harder and harder to keep SRign for beldum...so i revert back to training my zangoose so i can breed shiny possibly

Years
i wanna make more sig s but my ps got deleted off my comp...gunna b a pain gettin it back tho so im jus tryin to refrain frm seein nething too cool to arouse my sig-making urges...but its hard...no beldum and the night gets duller and duller...

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
I quick chekup on me:

leafGreen: I've made it up to the point of Rock Tunnel. I say I'm halfway through my objective to catching Shiny Snorlax.

FireRed: Hatching Squirtles that know Yawn (took 15 just to get female at first), and no shinies yet. I'm also looking inside the Power Plant...

Emerald: On Hold.
Sapphire: On Hold (Cacnea).

And I'm outta here. >_<

Years
Okay, could you stop spamming, already? It's really frustrating to have to scroll through pages of nothing, having to pick out what to reply to. I totally can't make heads or tails of the last 7-8 pages, so I'll just say everyone's who asked to join may.

Pkmn Prodigy: Only owners and co-owners can admit new members. Stop. It's on the first page. :/

shiny legendarys: Stop it with the double posting. It's against the rules. Also, don't expect a response to your post in a matter of minutes; it's not a chat room. If there's something new you'd like to say and the last post is one of yours, edit that post. Ignorance is no longer an excuse for you, so if you keep spamming, I will be forced to take action.

Doopliss said:
BTW, MetalMario, if your ID is 00000, would it gurantee a shiny after every 8192 encounters?
No. It's random. There is no shiny counter. The one thing I do know about the game's random number generator is that the odds don't change as you go. Even if you've been at a hunt for months, it's as if you've just started. (Just so you know, counting the resets you've done is technically meaningless. It only tells you how deviant from the norm the past was.)

Tha Pkmn Prodigy said:
does your ID number have anything to do with the chances of getting a shiny?
Sort of. The ID you see has NOTHING to do with the shiny odds. To explain it in a simple way which people won't misunderstand, another ID, a "shiny ID" is drawn at the same time at the beginning of the game when your trainer ID is drawn. It's a random number between 0 and 8191. For each Pokémon you see, another random number is drawn. If the two match, you have a shiny. (This isn't a very accurate description, but it's enough for the statistics. I'm fed up with people not understanding things when I explain it correctly.)

shiny legendarys said:
i am hatching because i dont have a ruby only emerald sapphire and fire red

how do u change the nature on my profile and do u know how to get photos on my replys
cause i want to show my pokemon that i love and have
The same games I have. :p

To place images in a post, enclose the image's URL in [‍IMG] tags. I hear if you're a new member, it won't work, so just post a link, using the [‍URL] tag. If that won't work for new members, just place the URL in the post. Everyone here should know enough to copy and paste it into the address bar. (You may need to disable URL parsing in the post.)

~4693 Treeckos. I'm putting extra effort into this hunt since it's bugging me that I can't play my Emerald. u.u

Aurel

Aubade
Years
  • Age 31
  • MD
  • Seen Apr 2, 2008
so, in other words, your ID really has no effect on it (as far as rates of catching)

i doubted that they would...

and right now i'm still hunting a swablu

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
HEAR MY ROAR I WILL HAVE A SHINY BY END OF NEXT WEEK OR RS UNTILL I FALL ASLEEP WITH TWO GAMEBOYS IN ONE HAND AND ONE AT EACH FOOT BEWARE NO SHINY IS SAFE * goes to avidly hunt shinnies*

Doopliss

(+) Sirena Beach
Years
I'm on my seventh batch of Absols. Well, actually my 37th Absol egg, 3 haven't hatched yet. It's fur, it needs to be thte same color as it's eyes.

Oh and doesn't it puzzle you, how Absols lay eggs and do not give birth to regular offspring. Are all mammals in the Pokemon world like Platypuss'?

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
Wow we have S-Mods in our thread, though thats not surprising with the amount of SPAM we have been putting up with, seriously guys keep on topic for example Shido:

Shido said:
HEAR MY ROAR I WILL HAVE A SHINY BY END OF NEXT WEEK OR RS UNTILL I FALL ASLEEP WITH TWO GAMEBOYS IN ONE HAND AND ONE AT EACH FOOT BEWARE NO SHINY IS SAFE * goes to avidly hunt shinnies*

Thats very nice but i'd rather read what your doing to acomplish that goal instead of the pure spam i have to read...

Shiny Legendarys: We hear at the SHC are not around to answer every little question about the forum, were here to talk about Shiny hunting, thats it, take your questions such as image posting elsewhere..

Now that out of my system, im currently in Altering Cave on Leaf Green battling an onslaught of Zubat training my Shiny Raticate in Speed EV's im hoping to get it done today as there the only pokémon in there, and i really wouldnt mind a shiny Zubat so i'll be hoping for one to show itself ^_^

Last edited:
Years
:P the hunt is still on for shiny beldum and shiny zangoose soon i will start fr over to sr for a shiny charmander come to think of it i think i should trade my metagross from fr to sapphire and hatch eggs while i sr for beldum oh yeah i wont be here until tommorrow night going on an overnight at camp so see u then and i wont be able to hunt till tommorrow night but i promise this when i get home i will hunt the double i am getting used to this edit thing

Back