• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen All Things Sylveon

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I can't really see Sylveon or any other Eeveelution getting a forme, it just seems kinda out there IMO. I hope we dont have to wait till July, they ought to give us a hint.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
In regards to dropping hints at this point I'm starting to think that it just... won't happen until then. They'll pretend like they never announced it imo.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Im not expecting any Sylveon info for a while, but they could build a little more hype, pretending it dosent exist is kinda lame IMO, but I guess this is just Pokemon -_-

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I want it to be Ghost or Dragon. And if they don't give us something to keep Sylveon relevant until the movie I fear it may be forgotten/overshadowed by what is to come.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
It will not be a dual type. If they do that, then the Eeveelution theme is ruined.

Cyclone

But you don't know that for sure. Things could change, and with the (hopeful) DNA theme, an alteration to the actual Eeveelution theme could be possible.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
But you don't know that for sure. Things could change, and with the (hopeful) DNA theme, an alteration to the actual Eeveelution theme could be possible.
It's my opinion. To me, it ruins the line of individual typed Eeveelutions. I dislike the idea of dual-types.

Cyclone

Guy

just a guy
Years
Personally, I hope Sylveon isn't given a dual-type. I don't think it's actually going to happen, but I'm not dismissing it as entirely impossible. I just don't think that after seven evolutions each representing a specific type, they're going to abandon that formula and have Eevee evolve into something dual-type, especially something as mundane as a Flying/Normal type. It defeats the purpose of Eevee and its evolutions. Logically speaking, however, it would make sense for Eevee to evolve into something that's a dual-type in order to adapt to certain areas since not every location is as one note as some.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I don't really want it to be a dual-type either, but I think it's really possible. If it is DNA, then consider that Sylveon is the first non-legendary/non-starter introduced. There has to be a reason for that, imo.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I don't see how the theme being DNA and it being introduced early on will make it duel type other than the idea of two things mixing...
I think it'll be Dragon. One can also make the case for DNA and Dragon as Cyrus used the DNA metaphor to explain the realms link, and the legends were Dragon, and then we having Kyurem and it's DNA slicers... and Kyurem and it's trio are Dragon (this second example is better). This however is just paper in the wind.
I don't think the theme of the mascots will have much impact, I mean Sinnoh's evolutions had little to...wait space can mean location...and Johto's mascots were sun and moon...day and night...hmm there may be something with DNA relating to it's evolution after all...

Guy

just a guy
Years
I don't really want it to be a dual-type either, but I think it's really possible. If it is DNA, then consider that Sylveon is the first non-legendary/non-starter introduced. There has to be a reason for that, imo.
I've always thought the reasoning behind revealing Sylveon so early was to add to the hype of the upcoming movie and Pikachu short after all of the Eevee promotion from the past few months.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Actually guys consider that while it was to create hype - they could've revealed another at the same time. Also, left typing ambiguous, like the legendaries. Legendaries are most likely related to DNA and we know the starters. Theoretically this could've been a plan by them to hint to why it's lacking it's type - because it's the first dual Eevee, created due to DNA merging, and being the mascot of DNA merging in the games! If that's a thing ofc. :3

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I find a multi-type Eevee a bit unlikely since they've been singly typed since Pokemon began and Im thinking they may continue that, but who knows.

Tititienne

Psychic
Years
Personally, I think Sylveon is going to be a dragon-type. Why ? Simply because nothing else seems to fit: it can't be water-, electric-, fire-, psychic-, dark-, ice-, or grass-type because of the previous Eeveelutions. This leaves ghost-, normal-, flying-, ground-, steel-, rock-, normal-, bug-, poison-, and dragon-type. Out of those types, the only ones I think can fit with Sylveon are ghost, normal and dragon (no, he won't use its ribbons as propellers...).

Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2016
I think that Sylveon will be a "magic" type. Sylveon has a noticeable bow tie, a stereotype with magicians, and one of the moves that is uses, it fires cards, a popular magic trick utensil. I think that this is Game Freak's way of hinting at a new type, as Sylveon has no features reminiscent of another type in existence. I think this is hinting towards more eeveeloutions, as in the worldwide trailer, there is a statue in a lake with a trainer resembling Red, a Golurk, Palpitoad and eevee. Game Freak has now released a new eeveeloution, and I believe this is a distraction to the public, later to release something new and blow Sylveon out out of the water.
If there would be a magic type,then Mismagius would get to be Ghost-Magic,as the name suggest ,,misMAGIUS"

We need Sylveon to be a Steel type Pokémon!
I don't like the idea,but this is possible.The name ,,Sylveon" ressembles with ,,silver".And steel types are silver.

Last edited:

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
I'm not getting a flying type vibe from it. It looks either Psychic or Normal type, but since Eevee is normal and Espeon is Psychic it could possibly be a Pokémon of a new type or maybe even one that changes its typing, due to its mystical appearance. Then again it could be a Dragon type, although the only thing that seems to suggest it is Dragon type is its colour.

Back