• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen 4th Gen Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Not true, once I bought 3 Platinums (1 for me, 2 for friends) and they were all fake. If I clicked save it would save forever. I would try saving and if it saves you should be fine!

Compare the number of fake DS games you see on eBay to the GBA ones. There are more GBA fakes than DS fakes. I know what I'm talking about, so please don't try to say I'm lying when I've been dealing with fake games and helping with identification for years.

That being said, Undertaker Sheep, it would really help if you could play the game and maybe take screenshots, or try to save and see if you have the saving problem like pokemoner2500 had. That'd probably be the final ticket to telling if your games are fake or not.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2013
That being said, Undertaker Sheep, it would really help if you could play the game and maybe take screenshots, or try to save and see if you have the saving problem like pokemoner2500 had. That'd probably be the final ticket to telling if your games are fake or not.

I finally had enough time to play Pokémon Platinum. I'm playing as I'm typing this.

The intro cinematic has no issues at all. The introduction with Prof. Rowan goes without a hitch. I just received my first Pokémon and battled my rival, all without issues. I'm on my way to Prof. Rowan now.

The first time I saved the game, it seemed to take a while. Soul Silver also has long saving times, but I decided to time it with my stopwatch just in case. Saving in Platinum takes about 7 seconds. Seems normal, right?

All in all, I'm pretty convinced my games are real. Thanks for the help, everyone!

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
Ok some asked me for a legend from the 4th gen. games, well as I have already transferred my legends to my 5th I wasn't able to help but... since I really haven't finished my platinum game it got me back into it, I got to stark mountain, went through with Buck and every thing, came out of course with Buck and Looker, Buck put the stone back and I went to Buck's house, talked to the old man, went back to get heatran and it wasn't there, where did I go wrong?

Years
Hi guys, I need help with something. When am I going to be able to trade Pokemon from PLATINUM to SOUL SILVER?
I was planning to play through the WHOLE Pokemon Platinum and then trade few Pokemon like Eevee and Growlithe as soon as I start playing Soul Silver. Is that possible? Or I have to go through some plot (maybe get a national pokedex or sth too) before i can trade?

Also do you think it might affect experience (in a bad way) if I get all the Pokemon through trading as soon as I start playing? (they would all be level 5 or so, but they would be traded instead of caught?

Also, I assume Pokemon are breedable in Platinum right? Are there any good/bad side effects of bred Pokemon?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
They can trade! You just need a Pokedex in both of them to be able to. :) But yes, they are compatible. You don't need a National Dex either.

Traded Pokemon will gain experience faster than ones you catch yourself, so I don't recommend trading in a lot of them right at the beginning. Maybe after gym 3 or 4 is when it's best to, because traded Pokemon will stop listening to you if you don't have the right amount of badges.

You can breed in Platinum, but you'd have to be specific on what good things you're looking for when it comes to that, haha. Egg moves and such are nice. I don't know a thing about IV breeding though.

Years
Oh thanks, so basically, I can go into the first poke center and trade right?

If I earn a badge saying all Pokemon up to level 20 then I shouldn't have problem with a level 19 Growlithe, however if I level it up to level 21, it won't listen to me, right?

Breeding is not that important, I just want low level Pokemon I can trade :D

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yeah, you should be good to trade at that point. :) I know you can definitely trade before leaving Sandgem in DPPt, and probably before leaving Cherrygrove in HGSS. So yeah!

That's how it works, yup. If you've got a badge that has them listen up to 20, you're good till they break that boundary, so 21+ won't listen to you. And in gen IV, every other badge controls traded Pokemon. So the first one is 20 (you start with an initial 10 I believe), 3rd is 30, 5th is 50...etc. Pretty sure that's right, anyway. I may have that mixed up with another gen, but that's essentially how they work.

Ah, okay. If you ever have specific breeding questions though, just let us know! :) Also, since you're wanting to trade early, what I like to do is just trade an egg of the Pokemon that I want. So if I want a Blaziken in HG, I would trade a Torchic egg at the beginning of the game. That way you can get that Pokemon and it'll hatch and be under your name, so you don't have to deal with the badges controlling it. :)

Years
waitwaitwaitwaitwait, I didnt know that!
How do you trade Eggs? Normally just like a Pokemon, or an item, or in some other way?
So what you are saying is that if I breed an Eevee, get an egg in Platinum, and trade it to SS before it hatches, it won't obey me no matter how leveled it is? even if it is over the badge's limit?

I find breeding fascinating, even though I have no idea how it functions. "father", "tutoring moves", I see it on Bulbapedia but it has no meaning to me. Are there any other benefit from specific breeding aside from getting a starting move you want?

Also, I should thank you Sydian, you have answered all of my noobish questions I have asked since now in details, so yeah, thanks. :D

Years
waitwaitwaitwaitwait, I didnt know that!
How do you trade Eggs? Normally just like a Pokemon, or an item, or in some other way?
So what you are saying is that if I breed an Eevee, get an egg in Platinum, and trade it to SS before it hatches, it won't obey me no matter how leveled it is? even if it is over the badge's limit?

I find breeding fascinating, even though I have no idea how it functions. "father", "tutoring moves", I see it on Bulbapedia but it has no meaning to me. Are there any other benefit from specific breeding aside from getting a starting move you want?

Also, I should thank you Sydian, you have answered all of my noobish questions I have asked since now in details, so yeah, thanks. :D

Yes you can trade an egg over to another game (of the same gen) just like you would with any other Pokemon, also if you trade an egg and it hatches in another game, that Pokemon basically adopts your OT and ID No. on that file just like any Pokemon you'd catch there normally.

So yeah, whichever game your egg hatches in, it will adopt your OT name and ID No. meaning that it won't disobey you ever. Keep that in mind.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years

Just to clarify, traded Pokemon will listen to you, you just have the right badge. :) And when you have all 8, all Pokemon will listen to you, so yeah. You'd have full reign then, haha.

You're welcome, kitten!

Years
Thanks guys! I chose Soul Silver to be the game where I am going to use my 100%-favorite Pokemon team so it's great to hear I can have it right from the start. Now I just have to figure out how to trade eggs from P to SS, but I have time for that. Anyway, thanks! :D

Ops, one more, do those Pokemon I want to trade within eggs have to be in pokedex in soul silver already or that are NO requirements?

Last edited:

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Thanks guys! I chose Soul Silver to be the game where I am going to use my 100%-favorite Pokemon team so it's great to hear I can have it right from the start. Now I just have to figure out how to trade eggs from P to SS, but I have time for that. Anyway, thanks! :D

Ops, one more, do those Pokemon I want to trade within eggs have to be in pokedex in soul silver already or that are NO requirements?

The requirement is you must have at least 2 Pokemon in your party to trade.
As well as obtaining Johto Dex in SS and Sinnoh Dex in Pt.
Whew finally I get to answer, since Syd and Nichole went offline. Lol

Years
Wait, didn't Sydian just tell me I can go into first pokecenter and trade? On the upper floor?

Ops, Johto pokedex is the one you get right in the beginning lol. Nvm

Thanks guys, you're awesome ^^

Reactions: Sun

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Wait, didn't Sydian just tell me I can go into first pokecenter and trade? On the upper floor?

Ops, Johto pokedex is the one you get right in the beginning lol. Nvm

Thanks guys, you're awesome ^^

Hahaha, basically her words are the same meaning like mine, but she didn't said it explicitly like I did. ^^

I know you can definitely trade before leaving Sandgem in DPPt, and probably before leaving Cherrygrove in HGSS. So yeah!

BroChickaBowWow

mlg uber rng shop coming soon!
Years
Dumb Question

if yall read me last thread i had just reset my diamond and im off on an all new advernture!!! but im having some problems remember things. where is the gts trade center??? is it down stair in the pkm center? bcuz i cant go their! or is that bcuz my wifi is off???

Years
This is Diamond/Pearl right? The GTS building can be found in Jubilife City, but you will need at least one Gym Badge to be able to use it.

Years
Is Feebas common in Pearl or is it the same as it was in Gen 3?

Well it's found by fishing in four specific water tiles in Mt. Coronet (I believe the basement) which randomize every day, which is unlike the ones on Route 119 in R/S/E in which they were changed by changing the trendy phrase in Dewford Town.

So basically, it's a bit harder to get in 4th Gen than it was in 3rd Gen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back