Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat
Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 12th, 2013, 01:23 AM
PokemonOrangeedition

Nature: Naive

Advertise here
All of my super close friends are guys, but I have plenty of friends outside of that circle who are females. Totally fine to me.

Pokemon NEXT Developer
Old August 12th, 2013, 02:11 AM
Andrew
멘붕

Nature: Relaxed
To me, gender isn't really a factor when I make friends. I try to judge people based on their actions and personality, not their gender, sexual preference, style, race, etc.

That being said, most of my friends are female. I have like two male friends that I'm close to, and I've known one of them since I was 5. The rest of my close friends are all female. I just find it easier to talk to girls than guys. Guys can't take anything seriously and treat everything like a game, which bugs me a bit. Obviously I talk to my bros about sports, video games, girls, etc., but when it comes to anything else, it's easier to talk to my girl friends (not girlfriends, just thought I should clarify ). They tend to be a lot more understanding and a lot less condescending.

I always get the "When are you and so and so going to start dating?" or "Are you two together?" question whenever I'm seen spending a lot of time with one of my female friends. I don't see why it's so crazy that a guy and a girl can be friends with no intimate feelings, but apparently that's not very logical to some people.

Pokémon Y:
FC: 2165-6285-6760
Name: Sapphire
Safari: Dark (Pawniard, Cacturne, Sableye)
Old August 12th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Nature: Adamant
Well as a gay guy I guess this thread would deal with same sex friends rather than opposite sex ones. If gay guys couldn't be friends with other gay guys then it would be very lonely indeed.

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old August 12th, 2013, 08:44 AM
Aeroblast
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Well, just because somebody is a different gender doesn't mean they can't be friends (Unless it's something like being friend zoned, then it's pretty awkward)
Old August 12th, 2013, 11:09 AM
PokemonOrangeedition

Quote:
I always get the "When are you and so and so going to start dating?" or "Are you two together?" question whenever I'm seen spending a lot of time with one of my female friends. I don't see why it's so crazy that a guy and a girl can be friends with no intimate feelings, but apparently that's not very logical to some people.
I get that a lot as well. Don't get me wrong, most of my female friends start out as romantic interests, but eventually any of those feelings die out. Still stings when they give me the "why can't I find a boyfriend just like you?" speech though.

Pokemon NEXT Developer
Old August 12th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Andrew
멘붕

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonOrangeedition View Post
I get that a lot as well. Don't get me wrong, most of my female friends start out as romantic interests, but eventually any of those feelings die out. Still stings when they give me the "why can't I find a boyfriend just like you?" speech though.
Oh man I know that feeling. It usually starts out the same way for me, but like you said you either realize it wouldn't work out like that or the feelings die out. Then when they say that, on the outside you're like "Haha yeah I don't know..." and on the inside you're like "Adjklfjadklfj;asf really woman!? >.>" Lmao

Pokémon Y:
FC: 2165-6285-6760
Name: Sapphire
Safari: Dark (Pawniard, Cacturne, Sableye)
Old August 12th, 2013, 03:22 PM
PokemonOrangeedition

Quote:
Oh man I know that feeling. It usually starts out the same way for me, but like you said you either realize it wouldn't work out like that or the feelings die out. Then when they say that, on the outside you're like "Haha yeah I don't know..." and on the inside you're like "Adjklfjadklfj;asf really woman!? >.>" Lmao
Especially when it is a girl who had previously "friend-zoned" me. lol that's the worst!

Pokemon NEXT Developer
Old August 12th, 2013, 05:31 PM
Melody
Singing Nature's Melody
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody
While I am gender-blind when it comes to friends; I do statistically seem to have a little closer friendships with ladies more often.
Crystal Supporter Melody

"It loves to bask in the sunlight. It uses the leaf on its head to seek out warm places."
Chikorita

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here