• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Getting my team ready for Indigo Plateau

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2013
Hi, I'm currently playing Pokemon Heartgold on Singleplayer and I'm about to challange the Indigo Plateau league, but before that I wanted to make sure that my team is ready for it.

My team is:
Crobat Lv.39
Alakazam Lv.44
Heracross Lv.43
Ampharos Lv.40
Feraligatr Lv.41
NONE

as you can see, I got one place empty in my team.
I thought about adding a pokemon but I'm not sure which should I from the next list:

Steelix Lv.47
Rhyhorn Lv.35
Donphan Lv.33
Gligar Lv.24
Dratini Lv.15

I would like to play with them all because they are all awesome imo but I don't believe its possible XD

Thanks!

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
Can you please list their moves as well?
For the final member, I suggest either Dratini or Steelix.

On Dratini's case, I suggest you to evolve it to its final evolution form to gain upper hand, as Dragonite has a wide movepool and great offensive stats!
Though it reaches Dragonite at level 55, you might need a friend to help you with that!

If Steelix was chosen, I encourage you to teach Earthquake to it.
Since EQ has 100 Base Power and 100% accuracy,
plus the move gives you Same Type Attack Bonus (STAB),
Steelix can also tolerate Physical hits if yours Defense are high.
You can actually consider Donphan for this role, but you have to level up Donphan.

Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2013
Can you please list their moves as well?
For the final member, I suggest either Dratini or Steelix.

On Dratini's case, I suggest you to evolve it to its final evolution form to gain upper hand, as Dragonite has a wide movepool and great offensive stats!
Though it reaches Dragonite at level 55, you might need a friend to help you with that!

If Steelix was chosen, I encourage you to teach Earthquake to it.
Since EQ has 100 Base Power and 100% accuracy,
plus the move gives you Same Type Attack Bonus (STAB),
Steelix can also tolerate Physical hits if yours Defense are high.
You can actually consider Donphan for this role, but you have to level up Donphan.

Of course, here are the moves of each pokemon:
Crobat: Mean Look, Cross Posion, Fly, Dark Pulse
Alakazam: Calm Mind, Future Sight, Psychic, Shadow Ball
Heracross: Close Combat, Brick Break, Horn Attack, Reversal
Ampharos: Discharge, Charge, ThunderPunch, Iron Tail
Feraligatr(Half HM Slave): Waterfall, Earthquake, Surf, Crunch

About getting Dragonite to Lv.55, should I do this through Day Care or a lot of training?
And about the ground types, I think I'll just store them in PC for now and get myself a Dragon Type/Fire Type/Etc..

By the way, if you have any other suggestion for a different pokemon, feel free to say :D

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Hey there, just a heads up that Rate My Team threads are best suited for the Battle Center. Fourth Gen Gaming houses discussion surrounding more general aspects of the games. Thus, I'll close this up. If you have any questions, feel more than free to send me a PM; I'd be more than happy to help you out! :)

[ Closed ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back