• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Sahara Six

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
The Sahara Six

The Team (Overview)
472.png
248.png
508.png
213.png
598.png
034.png

The Team (Detailed)

472.png

Gliscor @ Flying Gem
Sand Veil
Jolly Nature (+ Speed, - Special Attack)​

252 Speed, 128 HP, 128 Attack
  • Stealth Rock​
  • U-turn​
  • Earthquake​
  • Acrobatics​
Gliscor is used as a lead primariy to set up Sealth Rocks, then U-Turn out for Tyranitar. This means it can be switched back in once the sandstorm is up to take full advantage of it's ability, Sand Veil. The Earthquake is a reliable STAB move as is Acrobatics which get it's power trippled due to it having flying gem.
248.png

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Sand Stream
Adamant Nature (+ Attack, - Special Attack)
252 Attack, 158 Speed, 100 HP​
  • Crunch​
  • Stone Edge​
  • Ice Fang​
  • Thunder Fang​
Tyranitar is U-Turned in by Gliscor to set up the sandstorm with it's Sand Stream ability, it then has two mammoth STAB moves, in Crunch and Stone Edge. Ice Fang and Thunder Fang help cover it's weaknesses.
508.png

Stoutland @
Sand Rush
Adamant Nature (+ Attack, - Special Attack)
252 HP, 252 Attack, 4 Speed​
  • Return​
  • Fire Fang​
  • Wild Charge​
  • Aerial Ace​
Stoutland takes full advantage of it's Sand Rush ability, doubling it's speed and not taking any sandstorm damage. It boosts a strong STAB move, return, and the three other moves give it a large type coverage, with Aerial Ace covering it's only weakness to fighting.
213.png

Shuckle @ Pressure Band
Sturdy
Impish Nature (+ Defence, - Special Attack)
252 HP, 252 Defence, 4 Special Defence​
  • Power Share​
  • Wrap​
  • Toxic​
  • Rest​
Shuckle is used to Toxic/Sandstorm/Wrap stall it's opponants. Power Share cripples the oppositions Attack and Special Attack while Wrap with the Pressure Band takes off 1/8 of the targets maximum HP each turn. This combined with the effects of sandstorm damage and Toxic damage hits hard. Rest is there when it is low on HP.
598.png

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Iron Barbs
Sassy Nature (+ Special Defence, - Speed)
252 HP, 252 Special Defence, 4 Attack​
  • Curse​
  • Leech Seed​
  • Power Whip​
  • Gyro Ball​
Ferrothorn is a tank. After a few curses Gyro Ball should hit everything for full power, and it is also a STAB move. Power Whip, it's other STAB is also very dangerous with Leech Seed to wear opponants down.
034.png

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Sheer Force
Modest Nature (+ Special Attack, - Attack)
252 Special Attack, 252 HP, 4 Defence​
  • Thunderbolt​
  • Ice Beam​
  • Flamethrower​
  • Earth Power​
Nidoking is my Special Sweeper, it's Sheer Force ability means that all it's moves are boosted by 30%, this is combined by Life Orb, which doesn't damage Nidoking. It also has great type coverage.

Thank you for reading, any constructive criticism is definately welcome :)

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I don't know why you're using Stoutland when a much much much better Sand Rush abuser is available - Excadrill. It's got much better coverage, STAB, and just more power behind it in general - plus it makes a much better late game cleaner due to the ability to switch moves (I'm assuming you're using choice band on Stoutland even though you don't have an item listed). Why not try out Excadrill and see how it performs over Stoutland? I think you'll like him much better there than the big doggie, anyway.

Excadrill @ Life Orb / Air Balloon
Nature: Adamant / Jolly
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance
- X-Scissor / Return / Rapid Spin

There are a few other things that I noticed about your team but I think I'll let other people come and bring them up. We need more people to start rating teams, anyway. ;-;

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Shuckle is a terrible Pokemon to use in the current metagame ): Sure it gets a nice special defense in the sand, and it has 230 in both defensive stats, but crappy offensive moves, speed and Hp really hinder it. Shuckle is also taunt bait, and wrap isn't going to do a lot of damage, it can be phazed out, destroying your wrap strategy. Dragon Dance Gyarados can wreck this team, and so can Landorus and Terrakion, I suggest replacing Shuckle with Jellicent, it gives you a nice water immunity and takes away one of your water weaknesses. It also has synergy with Excadrill, it can take Fighting/Water moves for it, and Excadrill can take Electric/Ghost/Dark attacks.

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 Spe or 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpD
Calm Nature (+SpD, -Atk) / Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald / Surf
- Recover
- Taunt / Shadow Ball / Ice Beam
- Toxic / Will-o-Wisp / Taunt

Latios could replace Nidoking as a special sweeper, it also takes away a ground weakness and gives you a nice immunity to it as well.

Latios @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover / Psyshock

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Tyranitar learns Ice Punch, which is infinitely superior to Ice Fang.
Ice Fang has a Base Power of 65 and an accuracy of 95. Whereas Ice Punch's Base Power comes in a 75 with 100 accuracy. The same applies for Thunder Fang, so I'd recommend..

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry / Leftovers
SandStream
252 Attack / 158 Speed / 100 HP
Adamant
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch / Fire Punch / Earthquake
- Pursuit

I mean, with this set, you could even run a Choice Band. Fire Punch would be good for Steel types who Levitate, but otherwise, Ice Punch is good for the Dragon types. It's really up to you. Regardless, Pursuit is an excellent move and I highly recommend it.

Good luck!

Back