• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official "How much is my card worth?" Thread [READ THE FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
so i was given this card yesterday and was told it was really rare but i just wanted to see what it was worth. its a japanese pocket monsters white charizard. i dont really understand it but it says its "No. 6" and there is a black star in the bottom right corner.

I have that same card and it's not pale like that. It's actually a really vibrant orange. Not sure what the value is. I remember seeing $100 before, but that doesn't seem right.

I got 101 Pokemon cards from a friend at school for $15. I think some of them might actually be worth something. The newest card in the lot was from 2000.
Here's a few:
#1: Pikachu (Jungle 60), mint condition, 1st edition
#2: Light Flareon (Neo Destiny 46), mint condition, 1st edition
#3: Dark Exeggutor (Neo Destiny 33), mint condition, 1st edition, name misspelled as "Exeggcutor."
#4: Light Machoke (Neo Destiny 49), mint condition, 1st edition.
#5 Exeggutor (Jungle 35), mint condition, 1st edition.

#1: $1.50
#2: $4.50
#3: $2.00
#4: $2.00
#5: $1.50

I think 101 cards for $15 was a good deal for you.

Dataman

On my way to wreck your day
Years
I have that same card and it's not pale like that. It's actually a really vibrant orange. Not sure what the value is. I remember seeing $100 before, but that doesn't seem right.

#1: $1.50
#2: $4.50
#3: $2.00
#4: $2.00
#5: $1.50

I think 101 cards for $15 was a good deal for you.
I would've listed all of them at once but I figured that might take too long. Here's fifteen more that I'd like to get the values of:

#1: Dark Forretress (Neo Destiny 35), mint condition, 1st edition
#2: Dark Flaaffy (Neo Destiny 34), mint condition, 1st edition
#3: Rhydon (Jungle 45), mint condition, 1st edition
#4: Tauros (Jungle 47), mint condition, 1st edition
#5: Magmar (Fossil 39), mint condition, 1st edition
#6: Magcargo (Neo Revelation 33), mint condition, 1st edition
#7: Golbat (Fossil 34), mint condition, 1st edition
#8: Slowbro (Fossil 62), mint condition, 1st edition
#9: Seadra (Fossil 42), mint condition, 1st edition
#10: Weezing (Fossil 45), mint condition, 1st edition
#11: Arbok (Fossil 31), mint condition, 1st edition
#12: Rapidash (Jungle 44), mint condition, 1st edition
#13: Cloyster (Fossil 32), mint condition, 1st edition
#14: Omastar (Fossil 40), mint condition, 1st edition
#15: Dodrio (Jungle 34), mint condition, 1st edition

All of the cards in the lot were 1st edition, including the eight trainer cards in the lot, and all were in mint condition. The kid who sold them to me found them for free at a garage sale. He's not interested in Pokemon so he sold them to me.

Last edited:

Ehrgeiz

CustomTitle1.Show()
Years
Lugia (GB2 promo)

Ohai,

I was wondering if anyone has any information on the value of this card?
See, I have two of 'em; Had them for a very, very long time. I was thinking of selling one of these.
So any information regarding the value of this card (Like a fair sell price) would be greatly appreciated <3

(Below is an Image of one of the two copy's I have)
h t t p://oi41.tinypic.com/919mxk.jpg

Sorry, I cannot post Images until 15 posts :(

Last edited:
Years
Ohai,

I was wondering if anyone has any information on the value of this card?
See, I have two of 'em; Had them for a very, very long time. I was thinking of selling one of these.
So any information regarding the value of this card (Like a fair sell price) would be greatly appreciated <3

(Below is an Image of one of the two copy's I have)
h t t p://oi41.tinypic.com/919mxk.jpg

Sorry, I cannot post Images until 15 posts :(

EDIT:
Gaaaaa, I'm sorry. I passed up the
"Official "How much is my card worth?" Thread 2012/2013 Edition [READ THE FIRST POST]‎

I apologize. If a moderator is kind enough, could you please move this thread :(

Whoops accidentally moved it to the wrong thread, haha.

But it's there now! If someone else hasn't gotten around to it before me, I'll price the unpriced cards in this thread tomorrow afternoon my time (so around 16 hours from now -- after work for me).

Years
  • Age 60
  • Seen Sep 20, 2013
Where and how can I check for the value of Japanese Pokemon cards since I do not understand or type Japanese?

This is my first post. :)

Years
Where and how can I check for the value of Japanese Pokemon cards since I do not understand or type Japanese?

This is my first post. :)

Well, there aren't many places to accurately get what a Japanese card would be worth in English. You pretty much just have to look at eBay's completed listings for the Japanese version of the card. Basically, your search terms would consist of "Japanese *insert Pokemon name here* *insert set card is from in either Japanese or English here*". For example, if I were to search for the Japanese Base Set Charizard, I would type in the search bar "Japanese Base Set Charizard", then switch the search filter options to show only the completed listings and base the price off of what has sold recently. Now, if I were to search for a Japanese card I know the Japanese set that it is from, I would search using the Japanese set name. For example, if I wanted to learn the value of the Full Art Meloetta EX from the Japanese Shiny Collection, I would type "Meloetta EX full art Shiny Collection". Get the idea now?

Alternatively, you could just post it here and have someone else look it up for you.

Everyone else, I'll get to your cards later today!

Years
  • Age 60
  • Seen Sep 20, 2013
Is it possible that cards with shining star are not Ultra Rara? The reason I asked is that I saw on eBay that they have cards with shining name and star, but they do not call them Ultra Rara and, instead, they call the star foil star. These cards run from $2 to $5 a piece. These cards has shining text on the picture like "Team Rocket" or "Crystal Guardians".

I cannot find the cards in troll and toad.

Also, are there any sites that will allow me to check for price like troll and toad?

The following is one of the cards I have that I cannot find the card (and price):
Dark Hypno 6/109. Shining text and star with "ex Team Recket Returns" written on the picture.

Years
Is it possible that cards with shining star are not Ultra Rara? The reason I asked is that I saw on eBay that they have cards with shining name and star, but they do not call them Ultra Rara and, instead, they call the star foil star. These cards run from $2 to $5 a piece. These cards has shining text on the picture like "Team Rocket" or "Crystal Guardians".

I cannot find the cards in troll and toad.

Also, are there any sites that will allow me to check for price like troll and toad?

The following is one of the cards I have that I cannot find the card (and price):
Dark Hypno 6/109. Shining text and star with "ex Team Recket Returns" written on the picture.

Well, with Dark Hypno, that particular card doesn't have a "shining star" for its rarity, just a star that happens to get the holofoil treatment on its alternate holofoil version. Most sets printed between the releases of the sets you've named had alternate holofoils like you describe (holofoil picture and rarity symbol as well as the set logo printed on the picture) rather than the reverse holofoil alternate prints the majority of the sets from outside those years had/have.

Sleeping Snorlax

I'm blocking your path
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2014
Hi,

How much would a Near Mint/Mint and a Mint, Charizard ex be worth? I bought the pair off a friend and wanted to know if I got a good deal

Years
  • Age 60
  • Seen Sep 20, 2013
Thank you, don. Could anyone tell me what are the top 10 most valuable cards in the original base set of 151/150?

@Sleeping Snorlax: based on Troll and Toad, you can get them (Charizard ex - 105/112 - Ultra-Rare) for $99.99 a piece, but they are currently sold out. You can sell the card to them for about $41.

Years
Thank you, don. Could anyone tell me what are the top 10 most valuable cards in the original base set of 151/150?

I'm not sure off the top of my head, but from the 7 sets using the original 151 Pokemon, I know Prerelease Raichu is probably the most expensive one from those earlier sets, simply because it was a very limited error printing. Of the non-error cards, the king is 1st Edition Mint/Near Mint Base Set Charizard.

I forgot to answer your question on places aside from Troll and Toad to find values:

1. Average prices of sold completed listings on eBay.

2. Bebesearch.com (uses the prices on Professor-Oak.com).

3. Other online sellers like PokeOrder and Collector's Cache.

Although my preferred pricing method is the average prices for the completed listings on eBay that actually managed to sell.

Dataman

On my way to wreck your day
Years
I would've listed all of them at once but I figured that might take too long. Here's fifteen more that I'd like to get the values of:

#1: Dark Forretress (Neo Destiny 35), mint condition, 1st edition
#2: Dark Flaaffy (Neo Destiny 34), mint condition, 1st edition
#3: Rhydon (Jungle 45), mint condition, 1st edition
#4: Tauros (Jungle 47), mint condition, 1st edition
#5: Magmar (Fossil 39), mint condition, 1st edition
#6: Magcargo (Neo Revelation 33), mint condition, 1st edition
#7: Golbat (Fossil 34), mint condition, 1st edition
#8: Slowbro (Fossil 62), mint condition, 1st edition
#9: Seadra (Fossil 42), mint condition, 1st edition
#10: Weezing (Fossil 45), mint condition, 1st edition
#11: Arbok (Fossil 31), mint condition, 1st edition
#12: Rapidash (Jungle 44), mint condition, 1st edition
#13: Cloyster (Fossil 32), mint condition, 1st edition
#14: Omastar (Fossil 40), mint condition, 1st edition
#15: Dodrio (Jungle 34), mint condition, 1st edition

All of the cards in the lot were 1st edition, including the eight trainer cards in the lot, and all were in mint condition. The kid who sold them to me found them for free at a garage sale. He's not interested in Pokemon so he sold them to me.

I'd find the values myself, but I can't find values for 1st edition anywhere. Can anyone help?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 16, 2013
Blastoise
2/102
base set

never seen one with a gold spiral in the background. I need 15 posts but maybe I can send it via pm?

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
I'd find the values myself, but I can't find values for 1st edition anywhere. Can anyone help?

Dark Forretress (Neo Destiny 35), mint condition, 1st edition $1.75
Dark Flaaffy (Neo Destiny 34), mint condition, 1st edition $1.50
Rhydon (Jungle 45), mint condition, 1st edition $1.15
Tauros (Jungle 47), mint condition, 1st edition $1.10
Magmar (Fossil 39), mint condition, 1st edition $1.00
Magcargo (Neo Revelation 33), mint condition, 1st edition $2.95
Golbat (Fossil 34), mint condition, 1st edition $1.20
Slowbro (Fossil 62), mint condition, 1st edition $1.10
Seadra (Fossil 42), mint condition, 1st edition $1.00
Weezing (Fossil 45), mint condition, 1st edition $1.20
Arbok (Fossil 31), mint condition, 1st edition $1.15
Rapidash (Jungle 44), mint condition, 1st edition $1.20
Cloyster (Fossil 32), mint condition, 1st edition $1.10
Omastar (Fossil 40), mint condition, 1st edition $1.10
Dodrio (Jungle 34), mint condition, 1st edition $1.20

Blastoise
2/102
base set

never seen one with a gold spiral in the background. I need 15 posts but maybe I can send it via pm?

Make another post and upload the image of the card as an attachment

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 25, 2013
I have 2 Japanese Pokemon cards, and I have no idea where to look for a price.

Magikarp: Bottom right it says 'No. 118' (Its a common but since it's Japanese I thought I would ask)

Clefairy: Bottom right it says 'No. 173' (Has 2 Stars next to the Height and Weight. Also in better condition than the Magikarp.)

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated. My First Post :)

(Sorry if the quality is bad I used my phone camera)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 16, 2013
Some Pokemon cards for sale maybe?

I have had this binder full of Pokemon cards sitting on my shelf for at least 8 years. I am now going through and cleaning everything out and I am wondering if they are worth anything?

imgur.com/a/NDX7e#0

Remember to add http before that link.

Years
  • Age 60
  • Seen Sep 20, 2013
I have a Pikachu card that looks like the "Pikachu (Yellow Cheeks) - 58/102 - Oversized Promo" except that it is in the regular size.

It has "@1999-2000" instead of just "@1999" like what's on the card from the original base set. I looked through each of the Pikachu cards listed on Troll and Toad, but was unable to find it. Could someone help to identify this card? The color is also a little different from the the card from the original base set.

I would post a photo if I could, but I do not know how. This site does not even lets me post a link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back