• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Anime Style Challenge!

tharding6

Veteran Trainer
Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2016
I have already started this challenge. Changing the rules just slightly. My bfl will have the same evolution chances as normal. I will also be making the rule that I can't roll for an evolution until the Pokemon is at a level it is ready to evolve. I also have made the rule that I can only evolve Pokemon after a big battle. This will leave some room for some judgement calls. Rival battles, gym battles, Wally battles and battles with Aqua/magma bosses will likely be the list. Lastly, I am going to make it so I role for departures after gym The same events that cause Pokemon to evolve. I think the big events will allow me for more creative storyline a.

I will be playing on a hack I have never played before: Theta Emerald

Username:tharding6
Game: Theta Emerald

Years
I have already started this challenge. Changing the rules just slightly. My bfl will have the same evolution chances as normal. I will also be making the rule that I can't roll for an evolution until the Pokemon is at a level it is ready to evolve. I also have made the rule that I can only evolve Pokemon after a big battle. This will leave some room for some judgement calls. Rival battles, gym battles, Wally battles and battles with Aqua/magma bosses will likely be the list. Lastly, I am going to make it so I role for departures after gym The same events that cause Pokemon to evolve. I think the big events will allow me for more creative storyline a.

I will be playing on a hack I have never played before: Theta Emerald

Username:tharding6
Game: Theta Emerald

I agree with the rule about rolling for an evolution only when the Pokemon is at the evolution level. It makes it so that you aren't so biased about departures (i.e. if you have to make a choice about which Pokemon will depart, you pick the one that will not evolve).

Theta Emerald is really cool. Good idea.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 31, 2016
I'm signing up for a bunch of things already, so why not?

Name: striderviper
Game: Emerald
No held items rule?: Nah.

I'm thinking about Absol for my BFL, getting an early Dark type could be a cool thing. Brawly's gonna be fun though.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 31, 2016
Update 1
Spoiler:

I had to get used to the consecutive moves rule but I got it down once I got to Roxanne. Also I gave Absol Faint Attack as an egg move so I'd have some variety.

Team:
Spr_3e_359.gif

Absol (Lv. 11) [BFL]
Scratch
Faint Attack
Taunt
Spr_3e_183.gif

Marill (Lv. 12)
Tackle
Defense Curl
Tail Whip
Water Gun
Spr_3e_285.gif

Shroomish (Lv. 13)
Absorb
Tackle
Stun Spore
Leech Seed

Years
Nice!!! Sounds interesting, I might do this and record it after I'm done my other challenge. So I understood the rng part, so everytime I received or catch one I run the rng for the evo chance? And everytime I reach a new route i run the rng as well. Also I got a ask, in the anime ash poke sometimes comes back for key parts, why not do that for this challenge?
As well for the consecutive move rule, does this mean I can't use outrage?

Years
UPDATE!
Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

Departed
Spoiler:

Back