• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: PC Fastfood Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honest

Hi!
Years
I used to own quite a few scooters a decade ago. Can you blame me, they were fun and damn easy to ride.

Ice skating's really fun, and falling doesn't hurt as much as you'd think.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I am back from my break, though I still feel like my personal issues haven't been resolved yet.

I remember they used to be a fad ... 10 YEARS AGO. Now whenever I see a kid with a scooter I say hahaha nobody's gonna wanna play with you.

Are you going to apply this to everything that use to be a fad?

I did remember owning a scooter a long time ago, but it didn't age well.

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2016
I've never owned a scooter, think I'd rather want a car then a scooter tho :D

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2016
Hey me too!!

I'm 3-4 years too late tho! xD

Anyway I just need to take the written exam, then the driving a car one..

Done everything needed to prep for it. :)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I didn't start driving until I was...19-20. My parents were so strict and also paranoid of safety, but we lived in a town where traffic was the problem so it was understandable? :|

Years
I didn't get my driver's license until I was almost 22. Was scared of driving since I live in New York and.. yeah. :x Although I'm in the least populated borough of NYC, the drivers here tend to be awful.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Staten Island has drivers? What?

Yeah, that's probably the issue going on with me too. New York drivers are so lovely.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
New York, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey drivers are absolute worst drivers I have ever seen (no offense to anyone from there - although the people I know that are from those states are in full agreement). One minute they're racing down the highway, cutting and sheering and jumping from lane to lane, the next they're going below the speed limit and holding up traffic.

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2016
I don't think I'd be a good driver in the US, firstly we don't have any big free ways with a really high speed limit over here, so I'm not used to driving fast. Tho I did try driving a automatic the other day, it went pretty good. (Everyone has to learn how to drive using stick shift here lol)

Egbert

I don't like driving fast. I want to stay slightly below the limit and if the limit is more than 110 km/h, I still refuse to drive faster than that. It's dangerous xD I just don't like when things go really fast, I guess. I'm a sort of good driver inside a city though! When I don't forget to look in mirrors and whatnot.

I wonder if there is a lot of difference driving in different countries. I imagine Asia must be a lot different from here. At least from what I've heard.

Hypocrates

shampain
Years
I have to wait another five years to even take driving lessons, ugh. ;; I generally just walk everywhere andI probably will continue to do so because why not?

I'm still kind of iffy on whether or not I should even consider driving.....eh. :c

Years
I was a bit slow to the driving game, but lemme tell you, I'm only learning and it's fun! You'll love it. And you'll gain a lot more freedom. Soo... do it!

Years
I started driving this year (at 18 years of age), and have had my license for only a little over a month.. in fact, today I took my longest venture away from home and drove to see my girlfriend, who moved after graduation :( and she now lives about 35 miles from me instead of 4 miles.

Also, while I was out visiting her I saw this road. I immediately thought of Pokémon when I saw it:

Spoiler:

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
Years
I can't drive yet, but I've got interesting information to share about my travels.

When my family was in the Gold Coast in January we had road rage with a p plater (flipped us off after we honked at him for cutting us off!) and also witnessed a rear-end accident while we were in Adelaide this month, and it was caught on my father's dash camera! Truly weird stuff happing to us this year. Don't know why.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I've gotten my license pretty much as early as possible. Had to do 120 hours to get off my Learner's license and onto Provisional 1 (here that rank allows you to drive by yourself), but that was done in a year as I often drove to karate with my dad to do those hours a couple/few times a week. (My dojo isn't close to where I live >_>).

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
New York, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey drivers are absolute worst drivers I have ever seen (no offense to anyone from there - although the people I know that are from those states are in full agreement).
As someone from Connecticut and has been in all of these states as a car passenger, this is true.

I still haven't gotten my license yet, despite my age. My high school years were absolute poo poo for me, so I didn't get it then. Then it got to be where I had it in my mind that I would absolutely fail my written test because I always panic before tests, so I just gave up. These days, I'm almost ready to go take the written test, since Connecticut changed the laws on new drivers over the age of 18. Of course, I haven't even read CT's driving manual because I found it confusing. They didn't update it, so there would be questions that would be on the practice tests that I would answer based on the manual, and I'd get it wrong. So I'm reading North Carolina's manual and finding it a lot easier to understand. Plus, it's updated with correct information!

It's funny, because all my friends at work keep pestering me to get my license, and I want to tell them that once I get my license, I'm getting a new job, leaving where I currently am. Since they all like me at my job, you'd think they'd want to keep me around for longer!

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Years
I'm 19 and I've actually only started to learn how to drive this summer. I live in a fairly rural area and with the heat this past while, the dirt tracks and gravely roads have dried up nicely so it's a perfect place to learn how to drive and get a feel for the car. After that I'll apply for the theory test as it's called over here (pretty much the written test) and then I can drive on the roads using a provisional license. However that only allows me to drive with a fully qualified driver on board (although nobody really pays attention to that law).

When I'm ready I can then apply for a full license and I can drive until my hearts content all by myself. :)

Urugamosu

Happy, and Searching.
Years
Driving is something I desperately need to learn to do. I'm 18, and it's basically the only way I'll be able to get out of my house. My very protective parents seem to keep me in all the time, since they think I'll get hurt or something, but I guess driving a way to prove to them that life is going on. I just need to go apply for the learners permit. I'll finally be able to leave my house for the first time in years, and be able to enjoy myself outside of my house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back