• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help recruitment thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2011
Hack name: Pokemon Rocket

Hack of: FireRed

Additional information about the hack: It's basicly about you being team rocket instead of the same old things.

Finished percentage: 0,5%

Your hacking skills: Mapping,Basic Scripting.

What help or skill you're looking for: Spriting,mapping, advance scripting,story maker,region map maker.

Additional contact information: Pm me to get msn / yahoo

Additional information: Hope you'll join / Help me.

ThePastaThrower

...Is adding extra meatballs..
Years
Hack name:

Hack of: Ruby

Additional information about the hack: Click the banner^

Finished percentage: 0,1%

Your hacking skills: Spriting/Music/Banners

What help or skill you're looking for: Scripting, Mapping, Tile Inserting, Music Inserting, Any other help is welcome

Additional contact information: PM me here or contact me at my MSN: [email protected]

Additional information: We need YOUR help for this hack to succeed. I have a lot of determination, I will not let this fail. This will become finished. This is something original in my opinion, and I hope people realize the potential.

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
Years
Hack name: Pokemon legend of Manaphy

Hack of:Ruby

Additional information about the hack: DEMO SOON!!

Finished percentage:2%

Your hacking skills:Mapping,Spriting,Scripting

What help or skill you're looking for:More ofSpriting,Scripting and Tile Editor

Additional contact information: [email protected], [email protected], PM/VM

Additional information:I NEED YOU!!!

tpravetz

... doesn't exist.
Years
Hack name: Unknown

Hack of:Fire Red

Finished percentage: Hahahahaha... 0.01%

Your hacking skills: Above average...

What help or skill you're looking for: Spriter. (OW)

Additional contact information: PM me.

Additional information: I need walking pokemon sprites...

Last edited:

mangaroll

Teh Great Mangaroll
Years
Hack name: Pokemon Island

Hack of: FireRed

Additional information about the hack:

Finished percentage: .00001%

Your hacking skills: I am new to this, I only know how to sprite a little.

What help or skill you're looking for: EVERYONE, scripter especially

Additional contact information: AIM=mangaroll

Additional information: Hope you guys help, I really wanna do this!

Exon

Hacker in Training
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 18, 2010
Hack name: Pokemon Ruby -EX-

Hack of: Pokemon Ruby (English)

I want it to be an expert version of PKMN Ruby. Harder Trainers and Elite four. There will be many other things done to this as well. For more features, just check out the link in contact info.

Finished percentage: Not sure, I apologize, I haven't added it up.

Your hacking skills: Some mapping, some spriting, some basic-intermediate scripting, story production

What help or skill you're looking for: Help with mapping, spriting, possibly someone with intermediate to advanced skills in scripting that would be willing to help as an advisor (someone I can check something with instead of writing scripts for me) Possible music editing

Additional contact information:
I don't use my e-mail actively enough for it to be of any use. Best way to contact me would be via the thread in Progressing Hacks, or you may also PM/VM me.

Hack Thread

Additional information: Please be able to show examples of your work if possible.

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
Years
Pokémon: Messenger Of Peace- Sign Up Form

Hack Name: Pokémon: Messenger Of Peace

Hack Of: Ruby Version

Additional Information About Messenger Of Peace: A good deal of progress is being made. This hack is set in a fantasy/mideavel world, with wizards, knights, and the like. Please visit the hack thread for more information.

Finished Percentage: 18%

Hacking Skills: Scripting, Mapping, some Tiles.

What I am looking for: Red means neccessary, Orange is good to have, Green is not too important:

Trainer Spriter: The amount of work I want done is quite large, but if you want to help, I would appreciate even one sprite ^_^
Titlescreen Editor: The sooner I can get this done, the better, as I am ready to release an alpha (minus this and a few other things)
Overworld Editor: I need a couple of these, mainly for the hero/heroine's surfing, and running poses. I also need somebody to sprite the hero OW riding a ponyta in lieu of a bicycle... Sounds fun, huh?
World Map Editor: Pretty self- explainatory. I will send you an overview of what I want done via PM.

Contact Information: If interested in helping with the hack, please post a VM or send me a PM saying what you want to help with.

Additional Information: Messenger of Peace is dying slowly, I am afraid. I do not want it to die by any means, but it's been trailing behind in the Progressing Hacks forum. Maybe you can help breathe some new life into it ;)

Don't forget to visit or post a comment on the thread!

Years
  • ny
  • Seen Jun 30, 2009
pokemon

Hack name: Pokemon space shard
Hack of: Pokemon firered

Additional information about the hack:ive been working on hacks for a long time but all mine didnt go to good so i decided ito finish one so i wanted to make a team to make a good hack

Finished percentage: 0%

SKILLS: I can map trainer edit ow edit make sprites even script a little.

WHAT I NEED: I need a title screen editor a mapper a ow editor a scripter (that can do applymovement) a map editor. a trainer editer

you can reach me here and at my email [email protected]

Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2010
Pokemon Gaiden

Hack name: Pokemon Gaiden Hack of: FireRed, heavily customized. Additional information about the hack: Set in the future of Pokemon world, the people of the Earth have learned to further harness the power of Pokemon. Private governments have settled within the regions of the world, organized teams that are the controllers of the people of Earth. The Pokemon League has been reduced to a select few of corrupt trainers, their position gained by wealth and power. Team Rocket was just the beginning... Genetic manipulation of Pokemon went further than Mewtwo as they searched for the "Creator Gene" of all Pokemon, to answer the question... What separates Pokemon and Humans? And if Pokemon have ultimate creators, what created us? An underground group of rebels have made progress in restoring order to the land, lead by Professor Gary Oak and a series of legendary trainers, but their selection for recruitment is low. Propaganda within popular media has turned the popular eye toward the destructive governments of the world. They are taking the power of Pokemon in their own hands. Slowly killing the Earth and everything in it. ---- Pokemon Gaiden is set in the future, focused on explaining deeper thoughts of the Pokemon world, using everything we know about Pokemon through Platinum. As the story progresses you will be able to travel back in time. ...actually- a little too far. Imagine Pokemon/Chrono-Cross. Ancient Pokemon sprawled across the land. What will be the fate of time? And will Human's desire for answers consume everything? Finished percentage: Proof of Concept; Gathering Materials; Concept Art/Script; Concept Sprites Your hacking skills: Naught. What help or skill you're looking for: Extensive Help. Constructive Learning. Sprite Editing. Mechanics / Idea Discussions. Additional contact information: AZZORI0101 on AIM Additional information: Deep and developed idea.

MS_MariusMachiavelli

~The Milotic Goddess~
Years
Hack name: Pokemon Lotus

Hack of: Pokemon FireRed

Additional information about the hack: A new, innovative storyline using elements from a variety of religions and mythologies. Mostly based in Pagan and Hindi allegory. Please see our thread for more information.

Finished percentage: 0.1% (We've finished planning out the storyline. What we need to do now is to create new starters, new storyline Pokemon, maps, etc. In other words, we need help with virtually everything.)

Your hacking skills: Novice mapper. Assistant Map Maker, Storyline and Creative Director. (To put it bluntly, I contribute to the creative portion of this hack and make suggestions in order to modify the hack to its creator's vision.)

What help or skill you're looking for: I am in desperate need of Sprite Makers (both in-battle and overworld) and Script Writers who are exceptionally talented and love what they do. They need to be timely, cooperative, and professional. Anyone who can hack map tiles would be appreciated as well, but are not necessary.

Additional contact information: Please contact me at [email protected], or with a private message if interested. Additional contact information will be provided if requested.

Additional information: We hope to launch our first beta version by January 2010, so please respond ASAP.

3dd13

Leader of the Fallen
Years
Poke`mon Diamond Crystals

Hack name: Poke`mon Diamond Crystals

Hack of: Firered (usa) version

Additional information about the hack: It is simple. turn firered into as close of a clone to diamond version as possible.

Finished percentage: 27% (still gotta loop the music to be 30% complete)

Your hacking skills: Pro music hacker, simple scripting, map creating

What help or skill you're looking for: Sprite inserting, Map creating/inserting, advanced scripts.

Additional contact information: [email protected] im also usually in the romhack pokecommunity javachat around 10:30 pm central time. the current time as im typing this is 10:59 pm central

Additional information:im willing to put my music hacking skills to the test for you. ask Aceangel. i helped him. however, music alone wont get me very far....

Talesplayer

Breeder in Training/Guardia
Years
Hack Name: Pokemon Crescent (Working Title)

Hack of:Emerald

Additional Information:New region, characters will have new colors, names. Over world will be differently colored.

Finished Percentage:I only have story, map, character, and town ideas. So you can decide for yourself.

Your Hacking skills:Little, or none. I guess that unless i learn anything, i will be around for ideas for story, map, characters, etc.

What help or skill your looking for:I am looking for EVERYTHING. I can barely make heads or tails of anything, so if you have any skill in anything, please help me.

Additional Information: I already have a base map made, but it was completely screwed up, so when someone signs on to work on that i will have a base map for them. I have some character names, and ideas for towns etc. If you wish to know more about all of that, contact me and i will give you the information. If anyone reads this, please join me. I really think that this hack could be great if it can be done.

Last edited:

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
Years
Hack name: Pokemon Johto Adventures

Hack of:Firered

Additional information about the hack: Its an amine based hack

Finished percentage: 1-2% (1st episode nearly done)

Your hacking skills:Mapper/(simple)scripter/spriter/OW inserter

What help or skill you're looking for: scripter and OW inserter (using free slots with hex) (need scripter more though)

Additional contact information: [email protected]

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 29, 2024
Hack name: Pokemon Sinnoh Wish

Hack of: Fire Red

Additional information about the hack:This hack takes place primarily in the Sinnoh region with som Hoenn and then Kanto. The hack will also have a place like the Sevii islands, the Wish islands, where most legendaries are caught.

Finished percentage:0%(sadly)

Your hacking skills:some scripting (text editing), a little bit of everything,story maker.

What help or skill you're looking for:More Mappers, Scripters Spriters, Tileset spriters

Additional contact information: PM or VM me. or post on the thread for the hack here.

Additional information:None. I just REALLY need people.

theundertaker

Pokemon Phenom
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 3, 2010
Hack name: Pokemon Argyle

Hack of: Pokemon Emerald? *Not 100% Sure

Additional information about the hack: Your best friend found an extremely rare diamond the day before she was to become a pokemon trainer. The next day she was gone. Team Rocket has captured her. You find out later that she hid the precious argyle diamond. Her father persuades you to take the Pokemon she was to start with. Now you must race to find the diamond before team rocket and bargain to get your friend back!

Play through a brand new region. Eventually journey into parts of familiar places. Train your Pokemon through Gym battling. Fight the Elite Four, find the Argyle diamond, battle team rocket, explore new and familiar territories and eventually battle your best friend!

Finished percentage:.005%

Your hacking skills: mapping

What help or skill you're looking for: anything. scripters, spriters, etc

Additional contact information: email: [email protected] aim: imabklounger

Additional information: any ideas are appreciated.

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2009
Hack name: Pokemon Sevii Island Adventure

Hack of: Pokemon Fire Red

Finished percentage: 0% fresh start

Your hacking skills: maping

What help or skill you're looking for: the hole 9 yards

Additional information:

Last edited:

trombone13

The Nutty Professor
Years
Hack name: Apple Isles

Hack of: Probably FireRed, but I'm not positive. See next bullet.

Additional information about the hack: The Apple Isles region began in summer 2007 with just ideas for new Pokemon. It was originally on Pokemon Crater Forums, and due to its closing, I moved it to my own forum. Recently, myself and a few others are suddenly finding motivation to produce a game with new Pokemon, attacks, abilities, etc. However, I'm not sure that this is possible and we need some help in order to achieve these goals.

Finished percentage: There's no game yet--purely ideas and text at the moment.

Your hacking skills: Virtually nonexistent :(

What help or skill you're looking for: Spriters, mappers, scripters...pretty much everything that's necessary.

Additional contact information: If you're interested or if you'd like more information, please send me a PM and we'll go from there. Those of us who have been working on the project so far have been communicating via Apple Isles's forum (link not provided for obvious reasons), as well as Skype.

Additional information: Hopefully I did this correctly, and I'm really sorry if I didn't. :/

Thanks in advance for your help.

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
Years
Hack name: Pokemon Blazing Empire

Hack of: Fire Red

Additional information about the hack:An evil team is using a machine to make all the fire pokemon go crazy and only you can stop them.

Finished percentage: 3%

Your hacking skills: Light Mapping, Item Editing, Unlz stuff,

What help or skill you're looking for: Spriting, Tile Inserter

Additional information: I need help urgently!!!!

Kyouya

"baddest of the bad"
Years
Hack name: Pokemon Dark castle

Hack of: Ruby

Finished percentage: 1% considering how long the hacks gonna be

Your hacking skills: Mapping, Unlz stuff,

What help or skill you're looking for: Title screen editor,asm hacker,scripter,and everything else but those are the most important right now since i have three mappers

Additional information: the team and hack thread is in my sig

BananasGoMoo

Pokemon Electrum
Years
Pokemon Electrum

Hack name: Pokemon Electrum

Hack of: Pokemon Ruby

Additional information about the hack: Err, dont really have a great storyline but i am going to have 3 regions (kanto, johto, hoenn) and all pokemon will be catchable, plus there will be different starters

Finished percentage: i finished half of the title screen, and changed the font so far. and expanded the rom as well, in case i need it, so maybe 1/2%? (0.5%)

Your hacking skills: basic/intermediate scripting, (very) basic mapping, inserting images (cant do tiles *yet*)

What help or skill you're looking for: mapping, spriting (ow/trainer), creative person who can help with storyline, also preferrably someone who can insert tiles, but i'll be learning that soon

Additional contact information: AIM: Snowballs3776573

Additional information: preferrable to contact me on AIM or by Forum PM

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back