• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Lol that is why they made the mod forums, where they can gossip about other members and be "unofficial" XD >.>

And Happy Birthday, heres your cake:

stortarta.jpg

Bay

Years
Congrats on being mod, bobandbill, and also happy birthday, txtclipse! :D

PARTYYYYYYYYYYYYY! TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT FOR CELEBRATIONS! ;D

*coughs*

What's your least-favorite genre, and why?
Romance. I'm not really all for romantic relationships being the main focus of the story.

As for the fanfiction index, I'm actually thinking of changing that only two genres allowed rule cause I can understand that a story can go through a range of genres. I actually catergorize NE as suspense/mystery/drama/sci-fi/comedy (main ones are suspense and mystery, though). However, reason why I put that rule is so that story wouldn't be in like eleven of the categories. XD;

So yeah people, you think I should change that rule, or just keep it as is?

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
Happy birthday, txt. Congrats on the modship, BnB. damn, this place exploded since I last checked. This morning it was, like, dead. *shudders*

It would have to be historical religious fiction. All that stuff about the Children's Crusade and all. I read Sylvia by Bryce Courtenay a while ago, and bleh. Also, I dislike anything with zombies or vampires. (Yes, I'm looking at you, Ms. Meyer) Ghost horror is OK as long as the ghosts aren't portrayed as white blobs.

PS: I was Kenji.

txteclipse

The Last
Years
If by "celebration" you mean "getting a full night's sleep for once," then I'm right with you. *snooze*

Oh, and Kenji got a name change, too? We're going to need more cake for all this happenstance, methinks. *...snooze*

*hylian*sakura*

Rawr~ =3
Years
Umkay. So I'm a writer In general but I wanna dabble in fanfics and combine my love of writing and pokemon. Haha.
So I'm considering writing a one-shot about what Zero (antagonist from Giratina and the Sky Warrior, in case you didn't know ^_^) was like as a kid.
I was wondering first, if anyone knows of something like this has been done before, and second, if anyone thinks it would be interesting.
Thanks! ^o^

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
Well, writing stories about bad guys is always cool in my book. As long as you can pull it off well, there's no need to worry! Daijobu!

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Umkay. So I'm a writer In general but I wanna dabble in fanfics and combine my love of writing and pokemon. Haha.
So I'm considering writing a one-shot about what Zero (antagonist from Giratina and the Sky Warrior, in case you didn't know ^_^) was like as a kid.
I was wondering first, if anyone knows of something like this has been done before, and second, if anyone thinks it would be interesting.
Thanks! ^o^

Yep definitely has been done before, and depending on the writer, to a great to bad extent. In your case, your source material is the movie, so as long as you get down pat on the way he acts etc, then you'll do fine. Myself, I decided to make a one shot on Pokemon Zombies (hehe).

Currently I am still in the planning stages (aka haven't gotten around to starting it yet) of writing a fic about Ash and co. that has to do with aura, so it will be interesting. Plus, since you aren't held back by the anime, you can make it as a darker theme or what have you. Save the fact that since we don't see Ash swearing, that it wouldn't really make sense for him to swear in a fic.

Romace...

If I wanted romance... well >.> *leaves the rest of that sentence to the imagination of the crazed people who come here :P

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years

One step ahead of you there. Ladies and gents, your resident alcoholic is already drunk.

Or, well, in that fuzzy mindset where she's usually at when she's drunk. But funny story about how the alcohol in my house is crap.

Uh, you didn't hear that.

Congrats to bobandbill (although I've stormed your celebration thread and have noticed a distinct lack of cupcakes and women), and has that gender-age-species-ambiguous thing in the bikini popped out of the cake yet? No?

I'll be on my way again, then. *takes the liqueur and heads out*

Romance.

In fanfiction, it can be done well in certain circumstances, sure. In fact, yes, I do ship, and yes, I like it when a decent author comes along and writes my ships, preferably with the sweethearts in-character. Likewise, like I don't like having Bill "experiment" with Lanette/Celio/anyone else and finding out he actually sort of likes it.

But the screaming fangirls. The ones who pair up their Mary Sues with their favorite characters, the ones who make the characters in their ship go so far OOC they're barely recognizable, and the ones who use the same damn plots over and over and over again. Please. I have a spork. Do not make me want to insert it into my eye.

Look, kids. I really don't mind romance when it's done well. However, I've seen far too many fics labeled as romance to make me want to click anything that's actually labeled as such. Clichés are not the answer. Arguing doesn't necessarily mean they're destined for each other. Main character male + main character female =/= OTP all the time. And most importantly, Jessie is the one who wears the pants in the relationship. Jessie.

In terms of original fic, from published to crappy smut, I have one thing to say:

Not attractive.

Yes, I'm not fond of original fic romance because it's often too sappy, with the girl being vulnerable and the guy being macho. And if it's not the gender roles, it's the "OMG FOCUS ON LOVE" part of it. And if it's not that, then it's the sex. Because although I can deal with that kind of thing in fanfiction, for some reason, it doesn't float my boat in original. Unfortunately, I have the luck that dictates I can only read romance in which most of what happens is either:

1. A lot of hot, steamy scenes. Usually in potentially public areas. Like the elevators of office buildings.
2. The "strong" female goes out into the world and eventually wrestles with her feelings for a man. ("Strong" in quotation marks because, frankly, she's still a girly-girl who can't actually be independent.)
3. Whiny teenagers finally understand the "meaning of love." Or, alternatively, they're whiny teenagers in older bodies. I'd go further into this subgenre of romance, but I'd really like to forget about those parts of Buffy the Vampire Slayer whenever I fondly reminisce about the fandom in general.

So, yes. I admit I like some romance, so maybe I can't say I outright hate the entire genre. But a lot of it, especially in fandom? Not particularly fond. Sorry.

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Not to mention the creepy ships there are, out there...

What could be even scarier, is people trying to justify the creepy ships, just because there was like one or two random encounters, that would otherwise seem odd, but could be normal (ie someone hugging someone else for a celebratory reason, is not grounds for a justified ship)...

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
Not to mention the creepy ships there are, out there...

Sometimes, those creepy ships are the best things ever because they're meant to be crackships and are, therefore, awesome parodies of the entire shipping scene. (It's when they're serious that you've gotta start worrying.)

For example, Steven x blender? Crackship and hilarious in fanfiction. Just think about it.

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Yeah... like my accidental finding of a ymtnd (or w/e) of a brief fic about a lady and mewtwo...

Or another site, with a fic about Ash and Max, and an accompanying drawing X_x

What has been seen... cannot be unseen...

Sometimes, those creepy ships are the best things ever because they're meant to be crackships and are, therefore, awesome parodies of the entire shipping scene. (It's when they're serious that you've gotta start worrying.)

For example, Steven x blender? Crackship and hilarious in fanfiction. Just think about it.

That depends on which site it was posted at, cause I was thinking of the sketchy websites to begin with >.>

Bay

Years
txtclipse, you're the one that wanted this place to be alive again! ;)

And hylian, I did something like that too, but with Cyrus. I mostly went through some websites on his info and also played through Diamond again to get an idea of his personality. Luckily there is this old couple at Sunyshore that explained his childhood a bit.

Yeah, pretty much go through the movie and also perphaps Bulbapedia to get a feel for his personality first before thinking about how his childhood is like.

txteclipse

The Last
Years
txtclipse, you're the one that wanted this place to be alive again! ;)
Oh believe me, it's living. Anyway, what would a shipping between Cynthia and Steven be called? That's seriously the only pairing that interests me, and I think it has potential. I'm thinking of calling it Noirshipping or something along those lines if it hasn't been named yet.

And with that, I'm off to play board games with some college mates. Au revoir, babies!

*hylian*sakura*

Rawr~ =3
Years
And hylian, I did something like that too, but with Cyrus. I mostly went through some websites on his info and also played through Diamond again to get an idea of his personality. Luckily there is this old couple at Sunyshore that explained his childhood a bit.

Yeah, pretty much go through the movie and also perphaps Bulbapedia to get a feel for his personality first before thinking about how his childhood is like.

Oh cool! ^_^
And yah I looked over his parts in the movie and checked out bulbapedia already. It's fairly vague. So I'm feeling quite a bit of freedom. I think there had to be a point in his life were he snapped and started going crazy. So I'm gonna show that. Haha.

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Oh cool! ^_^
And yah I looked over his parts in the movie and checked out bulbapedia already. It's fairly vague. So I'm feeling quite a bit of freedom. I think there had to be a point in his life were he snapped and started going crazy. So I'm gonna show that. Haha.

I'd almost say that it was in the flash back in the movie was when he snapped. Though you are still indeed left for freedom, for his own ethics leading up to those events. Like that he is a very earnest character, perhaps something even happened in the past?

Overly ambitious I guess.

*hylian*sakura*

Rawr~ =3
Years
Oh you're right! Nice catch.
Haha I don't think I'll write this, but it'd be sorta funny if he had split personality disorder or something and his mental instability just tips him and his evil personality takes over.
That'd be weird.
He just seems so... Messed up. I think I'll make him an orphan or something... He needs a reason to be psycho.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
I think I'll make him an orphan or something... He needs a reason to be psycho.

If I may...

There's a lot of reasons one can be psychotic. Chemical imbalances in the brain, certainly. Physical brain damage. Overstress from a bunch of factors, ranging from too much pressure placed on oneself due to duties to relationship dysfunctions. You don't have to be an orphan to be psychotic.

Normally, I wouldn't mind, but it seems like a lot of people assume that orphan = angst. Really, if you're orphaned and get a decent family, you can actually end up happier than a lot of people who have families (that are not necessarily even dysfunctional).

So, in other words, if you'd like to find a reason why Zero's psychotic, by all means. That's what a fangirl does, really. Just... please spend more time on it than just resorting to the "I have no family so therefore I must WANGST" solution. Not to offend you or anything here. Just saying.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Sorry, guyz, for not being active, but I'm trying to cure my being an UnDead, and it's not working as quickly as I want it to.

I need the person who cares for me the most to bring a stake, a lot of garlic, a hammer, and a way to cut off my head. Plus a book of prayers to ward off the evil spirit, and the Communion Bread.

Any takers? (I typo'd "any" as "Andy", lololololol.)

Happy birthday, txt. *tosses around Latios plushie*

Bobandbill... :D I already welcomed you enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back