• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
Li-Kero said:
Where can i get ALL pokemon R/S backpics?
Open RS-Ball, select your ROM, select "Pokémon backpics" and click on "Dump GFX Bank".
Now all Pokémon backpics will be exported into the folder "pics".

darklugia1

Pok?mon Mastermind
Years
I have three questions (all three apply the Pokemon Ruby):

1. In unLZ.GBA, where is Prof.Birch's sprite (went through all of them and couldn't seem to find it)
2. If you insert a new pokemon (#252-#277), where can you find and edit its backpic in unLZ.GBA (or any other program)
3. When trying to compile a script to the rom in ScriptEd, after asking if I want to overwrite Pokemon Ruby, it displays the message "Run-time error '53': File not found", and the script isn't applied.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 26, 2022
I'm having problems editing pallets in Emerald version. When I edit the pallet the recommended way (take the pallet values from VBA, flip them and then find in a hex editor, and edit there), the found pallet is usually not the right one (as in, too short compared to the pallet I copied from VBA). Also, if I attempt to edit this pallet, when I load the ROM afterwards, the pallet looks horrible, quite frankly. I've heard somewhere that the Pokemon GBA series's pallets are stored in lz-77 format (the same format as a lot of things in it are). If this is true, how would I go about compressing and decompressing my palletes?

Shaneypoo17

Elite Hacker
Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2016
I have three questions (all three apply the Pokemon Ruby):

1. In unLZ.GBA, where is Prof.Birch's sprite (went through all of them and couldn't seem to find it)
2. If you insert a new pokemon (#252-#277), where can you find and edit its backpic in unLZ.GBA (or any other program)
3. When trying to compile a script to the rom in ScriptEd, after asking if I want to overwrite Pokemon Ruby, it displays the message "Run-time error '53': File not found", and the script isn't applied.

Thanks in advance for any help!
darklugia1
well for 1. its not in unlz... its uncompressed data so u shud find it in tlp. as for the offset u wud hav 2 ask scizz.
2. read the add new pokemon without replacing old ones rite here.
3. its cuz ur rom has a space in the name... change the name to like pokemonrubyhack (make sure it doesnt have any spaces in it.)
---EDIT---

I'm having problems editing pallets in Emerald version. When I edit the pallet the recommended way (take the pallet values from VBA, flip them and then find in a hex editor, and edit there), the found pallet is usually not the right one (as in, too short compared to the pallet I copied from VBA). Also, if I attempt to edit this pallet, when I load the ROM afterwards, the pallet looks horrible, quite frankly. I've heard somewhere that the Pokemon GBA series's pallets are stored in lz-77 format (the same format as a lot of things in it are). If this is true, how would I go about compressing and decompressing my palletes?
icyflare:
well to kno how to change palettes in emerald version go to my tut here its focused mainly on changing rayquaza but it also kind of tells you how to edit palettes. oh and btw u hav 2 make sure u copy out the WHOLE pallet line... if u do then it wont come up short. and when u insert the palette in hex make sure u get the right thing. pm me if u dnt get anything...

Last edited:

mxkpkmnextu??

Ser Artificial
Years
Change overworld pallets

Hail
I come here to ask if anybody knows how can i change the palettes of the overworld sprites... Cuz the first gym leader and the professor are blond, and there ain't no colour that I can use to that in their palettes
[[ ]]
Stay Sick\m/

Zacceh

Another day in the life of...
Years
Strange Signpost Offset

Ok, I found something while messing around w/ a FireRed ROM using AdvanceMap. Its not all that great. I went to Vermillion Port where the Truck is and I found a signpost marked as Invisible with the Offset of $BE002. This strange signpost offset that I located was Due South of the truck. When I stupidly Deleted the "Hero's House" offset & replaced it w/ $BE002, no text appeared but the sign was marked as visible. Does anyone know anything about this & could tell me? Also could anyone give me the Offset for the "Hero's House" sign...as I DID delete it...?

P.S. If this in the wrong forum, please move it k tnx!

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
mxkpkmnextu?? said:
Hail
I come here to ask if anybody knows how can i change the palettes of the overworld sprites... Cuz the first gym leader and the professor are blond, and there ain't no colour that I can use to that in their palettes
[[ ]]
Stay Sick\m/
It works the same way as with any other pallete.
See one of the many tutorials in the Tutorial forum.

Thunderbolt Persian 776 said:
Ok, I found something while messing around w/ a FireRed ROM using AdvanceMap. Its not all that great. I went to Vermillion Port where the Truck is and I found a signpost marked as Invisible with the Offset of $BE002. This strange signpost offset that I located was Due South of the truck. When I stupidly Deleted the "Hero's House" offset & replaced it w/ $BE002, no text appeared but the sign was marked as visible. Does anyone know anything about this & could tell me? Also could anyone give me the Offset for the "Hero's House" sign...as I DID delete it...?

P.S. If this in the wrong forum, please move it k tnx!
Hidden Signposts are considered as Hidden Items.
Their offset should directs to the item find routine.

The offset of the Hero's house sign in Fire-Red is $165850.

darklugia1

Pok?mon Mastermind
Years
Thanks Shaneypoo17, but even after I renamed my file with no spaces in Ruby, in Scripted it read:
Rubikon 1.3 by Kyoufu Kawa
--------------------------------------------------------------
Loading command database...
Empty command database detected. Program halted.

And I have many, many more questions, all apply to Emerald (these are very long and stupid, but I need help with them):

1. How do you create a new map without replacing a previous one?
2. How do you change the position where routes/cities connect?
3. I know something similar was asked before, but how do you change/add a new type and change its weaknesses/resistences?
4. Is it possible to create something similar to Shadow Pokemon? (that is, where no TM's or HM's can be learned, and no levels can be gained until it is 'purified')
5. Is it possible to create a script that allows you to capture a certain Pokemon form a trainer?
6. What's the script number for the events that occur inside of, and when you get off the truck?
7. How do you create a new item without replacing one?
8. Is it possible to insert a new tileset without replacing one?
9. How do you make a newly created Pokemon (??) learn more than one attack in Pokemon Amplifier?
10. Can you create a new attack without replacing a previous one?

Again, thanks for any help ;)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 26, 2022
Shaneypoo17 said:
icyflare:
well to kno how to change palettes in emerald version go to my tut here its focused mainly on changing rayquaza but it also kind of tells you how to edit palettes. oh and btw u hav 2 make sure u copy out the WHOLE pallet line... if u do then it wont come up short. and when u insert the palette in hex make sure u get the right thing. pm me if u dnt get anything...

I hate to tell you this, but your tutorial tells me hardly anything about changing palletes. It also assumes that you know exactly where your pallete is located in the ROM, as do most pallete editing tutorials. Unfortunately, it's much more a hindrance than a help. +_+;

EDIT: Ok, now I feel dumb for saying that... Still, I've tried your tutorial, and it didn't really help me... >_>; Ah well, if you don't succeed, try and try again, then smack your computer around a bit with a large trout...

EDIT2: I ended up figuring it out anyway. =D

Last edited:

Enter-Shikary

I'm Back
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 7, 2007
whene i click on people in elit map to see the script
i don?t see any thing in the scripted
neimenovana4yw.png

any one can hellp me

jojotjuh

I'LL PULVERIZE YOU!!!
Years
[REGUEST][hacking] unlz.gba pikachu image

Hi, I messed with some pictures in UNlz.gba and now pikachu looks stupid... (only a tail)
so, i want to ask if some one could please give me all pics of pikachu from pokemon firered please?

thanks!

p.s.

pikachu image (front and back) no icon

pokemon fire red

unLZ.gba image please

and the pokedex text...

thanks again :) ;)

EDIT: Hey Icyflare! you saved my hack:) thank you very much! ;)
and yes, i will backup more often :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 26, 2022
POKéDEX Text: It has small electric sacs on both its cheeks. If threatened, it looses electric charges from the sacs.

Pictures are attached ^_^

But next time, back up your ROM to be safe.

EDIT: Not a problem at all, jojotjuh. =D

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2008
A simple and old question

i would like to change the wild pokemon location in fire red, or leaf green without leaving any side effect to the rom (etc: headset disappear....)

I have been Tried ADvance Map and Elite Map(bewilder) , however neither both of them success....(i really sick with the Elitemap table or offset)

Could any pro teach a way? this have been torture me for few weeks!!!

MegaMan666

-Samurai-
Years
I gotta problem, why Pokemon Emerald (US) doesn't work on EM 3.7 I remember that one file was needed for it , but I don't have it. Please help =]

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2008
Tool Jealousy?

Okay, so I'm making my frist hack, and the tools seem to hate me
I switch between Elitemap and Advancemap and now they dont want to work
If i get a fresh, new rom, and i load it with 1 tool, it wont work with the other one.
Whats wrong? Have these tools got a mind of their own?

Shaneypoo17

Elite Hacker
Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2016
icyflare:
ok... u need 2 find out the palette offsets 1st... one way which i do sometime... is import ur image u want into unlz but dont save it... then look at the colors and use paint and A-color to do them... or u can insert the sprite (in ur case absol) into like one of the starters(export palette and make sure u hav a backup of the pokemon u replace_... then u play the game until u see the pkmn/thing u inserted and go to palette viewer... then look in the right section for the palette of absol... then copy down all the bytes.. (remember to flip) into notepad... and then find the palette of groudon in hex... in my tut. then delete groudons palette and insert absols and there u go.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 26, 2022
Shaneypoo17 said:
icyflare:
ok... u need 2 find out the palette offsets 1st... one way which i do sometime... is import ur image u want into unlz but dont save it... then look at the colors and use paint and A-color to do them... or u can insert the sprite (in ur case absol) into like one of the starters(export palette and make sure u hav a backup of the pokemon u replace_... then u play the game until u see the pkmn/thing u inserted and go to palette viewer... then look in the right section for the palette of absol... then copy down all the bytes.. (remember to flip) into notepad... and then find the palette of groudon in hex... in my tut. then delete groudons palette and insert absols and there u go.
Uhm.
Icyflare said:
EDIT2: I ended up figuring it out anyway. =D
You know, though, the way you explained just now how to change palletes is exactly how I figured out how to change palletes... Amazing, how alike great minds think... Thanks for all the help, too. =)

Shaneypoo17

Elite Hacker
Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2016
ok... very simple prob... in A-map... which unknown is the flag? 1st or 2nd?

topiser

Can Anyone give me a link to a easy to use pokemon haking tool with a tutorial for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back