• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Report bugs and errors in unmodified Essentials version 21

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2022
Bug:
Snow Warning is not OK. To the fifth turn it finishes the hail. It is supposed that it has to be infinite.

I do not know if the same thing will happen with Drought, Sands Stream and Drizzle.

EDIT:
I have tested with Drought, Drizzle and Sands Stream, and work well. So only this happens with Snow Warning.

EDIT2:
Does Snow Warning's bug only happen if the trainer has an Abomasnow? If I use it it works well.
I don't understand this.

EDIT3: OK. When the user of Snow Warning is not in the field, on having spent 5 turns, the hail disappears.
Also I have tested it with Drizzle, and the same thing happens.

It should not happen.

Last edited:

I-Like-Shiny-Pichu

ClariS <3
Years
When giving the player a Meloetta (And possibly other pokemon with formes) after the Pokédex has been received an error is displayed (I'll cause the error again in a sec so I can C+P what it says). This does not occur if the player receives a Meloetta before the Pokédex has been received (I am not sure if receiving a Meloetta before the Pokédex is received stops this error after the 'Dex has been received).

Sorry if this doesn't make much sense, I'm not great at explaining things. But you should be able to see what I mean if you give the player a Meloetta before and after getting the dex.

Edit: I can confirm that if you get a Meloetta before the dex is received, the error no longer occurs. I can confirm that this doesn't happen upon the Meloetta being added to the party after receiving the dex...which is odd, cos that is when I thought it occured...the only other thing I can think of is a combo of dex + PC (I already tested no dex + pc and the error does not occur)
Edit 2: Ok...this is bizarre, I can't seem to reproduce this error today. Last night it kept happening over and over...the only other thing I can think of is that I think I was on debug last night, and I'm on the regular game today
Edit 3: Ok, I can't seem to replicate this again, I'm not sure what the problem was last night, but it's not happening today. Maybe someone else will experience this error and be able to give more detail so it can be fixed.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2022
Then this started happening:
5bf9858f6cff404b88a917c.png

efe16456bec940f8893c120.png

The thing of the tiny letters happens to me also, in this scene of battle:

*Double Battle*
Electrode and Gengar vs Zoroark and Lapras

Electrode used Explosion. Electrode fainted, Lapras fainted, It does not affect Gengar, Zoroark survives.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Bug:
Snow Warning is not OK. To the fifth turn it finishes the hail. It is supposed that it has to be infinite.

I do not know if the same thing will happen with Drought, Sands Stream and Drizzle.

EDIT:
I have tested with Drought, Drizzle and Sands Stream, and work well. So only this happens with Snow Warning.

EDIT2:
Does Snow Warning's bug only happen if the trainer has an Abomasnow? If I use it it works well.
I don't understand this.

EDIT3: OK. When the user of Snow Warning is not in the field, on having spent 5 turns, the hail disappears.
Also I have tested it with Drizzle, and the same thing happens.

It should not happen.
According to this, ability-induced weather only persists for 5 rounds after the bearer leaves the battle. That's the only reference to this scenario that I can find, and nowhere is it stated that the weather lasts forever in such a situation.

As far as I'm concerned, weather works fine. It makes sense, too.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen today
When giving the player a Meloetta (And possibly other pokemon with formes) after the Pokédex has been received an error is displayed (I'll cause the error again in a sec so I can C+P what it says). This does not occur if the player receives a Meloetta before the Pokédex has been received (I am not sure if receiving a Meloetta before the Pokédex is received stops this error after the 'Dex has been received).

Sorry if this doesn't make much sense, I'm not great at explaining things. But you should be able to see what I mean if you give the player a Meloetta before and after getting the dex.

Edit: I can confirm that if you get a Meloetta before the dex is received, the error no longer occurs. I can confirm that this doesn't happen upon the Meloetta being added to the party after receiving the dex...which is odd, cos that is when I thought it occured...the only other thing I can think of is a combo of dex + PC (I already tested no dex + pc and the error does not occur)
Edit 2: Ok...this is bizarre, I can't seem to reproduce this error today. Last night it kept happening over and over...the only other thing I can think of is that I think I was on debug last night, and I'm on the regular game today
Edit 3: Ok, I can't seem to replicate this again, I'm not sure what the problem was last night, but it's not happening today. Maybe someone else will experience this error and be able to give more detail so it can be fixed.
Did you clear the savefile after you added the Meloetta?

AmethystRain

pixie-powered judgment!
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
The main pages for Bulbapedia agree as well.

In battle

Drought summons sunlight in battle as soon as a Pokémon with Drought enters the battle. Its effects almost are the same as Sunny Day's; the only difference is that instead of lasting for five turns, it lasts for the whole battle until a different weather condition replaces it.
They're definitely permanent until replaced. Coming from a competitive battling background, trust me when I say the game would be much different- for the better, probably- if the weather expired after n turns, but it does not. Weather teams are the most in-thing in the competitive scene because it never goes away.

EDIT: Found another bug, with Black Sludge. On the first turn a (poison) Pokemon is sent out, it'll take damage from Black Sludge, but then it'll begin being healed by it on the turns after that)

Last edited:

Maruno

Years
Well, Bulbapedia can tend to be a bit vague with its descriptions, so I normally pay them little attention. However, the video evidence provided and some testing of my own confirms that ability-induced weather persists forever, however unintuitive it may be. It's an easy change.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen today
Okay, there's something about the recent release of essentials that bugs me.

When you add a new Pokémon, you have to make a new save before it can be added. This is because of the way forms currently work.

My own game is currently set up in a fashion where the demo does not have the entire Pokédex, but in a fashion where I'll be adding more with each release.. Essentially, think of it as update patches to include new Pokémon.

That said, I want saves from the demo to carry over to the final(And any future patches/new content I release for it), but the way it is now, this isn't possible, as i any new species are created and then given to the player, it crashes the game when they receive it.

For reference, the error is:
Code:
Exception: NoMethodError
PokemonUtilities:1246:in `pbSeenForm'
PokemonUtilities:1221:in `pbAddPokemon'
PokemonDebug:403:in `pbDebugMenu'
PokemonDebug:299:in `loop'
PokemonDebug:610:in `pbDebugMenu'
PokemonPauseMenu:242:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
PokemonPauseMenu:241:in `pbFadeOutIn'
PokemonPauseMenu:241:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
PokemonPauseMenu:142:in `loop'
PokemonPauseMenu:256:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
I found a very easy fix to this problem. I can't believe that someone didn't come with this.

In PokemonUtilities, after line 'if !$Trainer.formseen[species]' add '$Trainer.formseen[species]=[]'.

EDIT: I don't think that it is the best way to put a 28 size form array in memory for every pokémon. Try increasing the size on use.

Maruno

Years
I found a very easy fix to this problem. I can't believe that someone didn't come with this.

In PokemonUtilities, after line 'if !$Trainer.formseen[species]' add '$Trainer.formseen[species]=[]'.

EDIT: I don't think that it is the best way to put a 28 size form array in memory for every pokémon. Try increasing the size on use.
I've already done this for the next release. I just hadn't mentioned it.

The Debug option "Fill Storage Boxes" still fills in 28 forms' worth of information for each species, because it's simpler than figuring out how many forms each species has, and it's just a debug feature.

AmethystRain

pixie-powered judgment!
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
Let it begin. c:

1- As far as I can tell, Iron Fist is completely broken. I'm testing this on a Chimchar, but when Chimchar has Iron Fist, no damage dealing move has any effect at all- not even damage. There's also no message. This applies to both moves normally effected by Iron Fist and those not effected.

2- In the Summary Screen, stat names have different colors based on their natures. In Essentials, the increased stat is blue, and the decreased is red. While I think it makes more sense that way, the reverse is true in the actual games.
Bulbapedia:
In HeartGold and SoulSilver and Black and White, the stat increased or decreased by a Pokémon's nature has a red or blue shadow respectively when viewing that Pokémon's Summary Screen.

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2022
Bug with Toxic Spikes and Stealth Rock (trainer battle)

Vulpix: Wish, Stealth Rock, Spikes, Toxic Spikes
Ability Drought.

First turn:
My Surskit used Agility.
Vulpix Drought used Toxic Spikes.
The sunlight is strong.

Second Turn:
I change of pokemon (Zorua), but the toxic spikes do not poison Zorua (??)
Vulpix does not attack. (??)
The sunlight is strong.

Third Turn:
I change of pokemon again.
The sunlight is strong.

Vulpix stopped attacking after using Toxic Spikes and if I change Pokemon.
But, Vulpix attacks if I attack also.

Fourth turn:
My Castform used Sunny Day for example.
Vulpix used Stealth Rock.
The sunlight is strong.

Fifth turn:
I change of pokemon again. My pokemon does not receive Stealth Rock's hurt. (??)
The sunlight is strong.
Another test in another battle.
I have used Toxic Spikes and the following pokemon (Onix) does not poison himself. (??)
To the following turn I used Stealth Rock, and the following Pokemon (Nosepass) does not receive hurt either. (??)
(Toxic Spikes + Stealth Rock bug)

To the following turn I did Spikes.

Later the enemy has done Pokemon's change. (Vulpix)
And my Zoroark did not attack him. (??) I ordered him to do Aura Sphere.
(Toxic Spikes + Stealth Rock + 1 Spikes bug)
Other test:

I used Stealth Rock + Spikes and work perfectly.
Something fails in Toxic Spikes.

Last edited:

Maruno

Years
Let it begin. c:

1- As far as I can tell, Iron Fist is completely broken. I'm testing this on a Chimchar, but when Chimchar has Iron Fist, no damage dealing move has any effect at all- not even damage. There's also no message. This applies to both moves normally effected by Iron Fist and those not effected.

2- In the Summary Screen, stat names have different colors based on their natures. In Essentials, the increased stat is blue, and the decreased is red. While I think it makes more sense that way, the reverse is true in the actual games.
1. Known, and already fixed. The move flag that indicates a move is a punching move isn't compiled properly, so causes a crash when it's checked (which only happens if the attacker has Iron Fist).

2. Yeah, I didn't pay attention to which way round they go. I suppose it makes sense, red being the "fired up" stat and blue being the "cooled down" stat. Of course, the other way round makes sense too (red is the "bad" colour, after all).

Bug with Toxic Spikes
There are several bugs in Toxic Spikes' effect. I've fixed them now.

Before anyone else mentions it, the ability Bad Dreams currently affects all Pokémon, not just sleeping ones. A small oversight. That's also been fixed.

Keep 'em coming!

Years
Well, I found two more bugs:

1. If I create an event, that has the command "pbSet(64,pbEnterText("Deine Meinung?",1,14))" and afterwars it has the conditional branch that checks if the variable 64 has a particular value (In this case, a word), the conditional branch doesn't work.

eg.: You type the word "biarr" and the cinditional branch checks this input:

Conditional Branch: Script: $game_variables[64] == "Bizzar"

Even if variable 64 has the value "Bizarr" (without the quote sign), the script goes to the else-section instead.

I guess I found the reason for this:

When USEKEYBOARDTEXTENTRY is false, than the conditional branch will work properly, if USEKEYBOARDTEXTENTRY is true, than it will not working. I testet it with a clean version of Pokémon Essentials.

AmethystRain

pixie-powered judgment!
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
3- With a poisoned pokemon that has 1HP upon leaving the battle already.
*Take a few steps
*"Monferno survived the poisoning! The poison faded away!"
*"Monferno fainted."*
Assumes the setting to survive in the field is on.

4- Volt Switch works but there's a second quick animation on the target that seems awkward.
4.5- Volt Switch KO's a Pokemon. The enemy chooses a new replacement, and then the player is prompted to send out a new pokemon. The fainting animation is never displayed on the KO'd pokemon.

*An amendment to my previous report about Black Sludge: It seems to hurt its holder on entry, or whenever the holder's HP becomes full? I have a Budew that recovered to full health with it over several turns, only to be hurt by it again on the next.

5- Pursuit doesn't chase at all. It's not listed as red on the wiki though, so I'm not sure if it's broken, or...?

6- Tickle displays a stat down animation twice (once as it lowers offense, once as it lowers defense). It should only display the animation once.

7- Download is a little off, like Trace was. Enemy pokemon is KO'd, player is prompted to switch. If you send out a Pokemon with Download, it applies the effect based on the Pokemon that was just KO'd, rather than the one that's sent out next.

8- Prankster is completely broken. When against a Pokemon with Prankster, moves can't be selected. One chooses a move and nothing happens- it brings you right back to the Fight/PKMN/Item/Run menu. The other options, such as switching work, but the opponent will never move either.

Last edited:

xalien95

Developer of Pokémon Omicron
Years

The same happens with the "fillboxes" command in the Debug scene:
Code:
---------------------------
Pokémon Omicron Version
Exception: NoMethodError

PokemonDebug*:402:in `pbDebugMenu'

PokemonDebug*:401:in `each'

PokemonDebug*:401:in `pbDebugMenu'

PokemonDebug*:400:in `each'

PokemonDebug*:400:in `pbDebugMenu'

PokemonDebug*:393:in `each'

PokemonDebug*:393:in `pbDebugMenu'

PokemonDebug*:285:in `loop'

PokemonDebug*:628:in `pbDebugMenu'

PokemonDebug*:762:in `main'

This exception was logged in 

C:\Users\Windows\Saved Games/Pokémon Omicron Version/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK   

I've tried adding the unknown method but it doesn't work =.=
Code:
        for j in 0..1
          for k in 0..27
            $Trainer.formseen[i][j][k]=[] if !$Trainer.formseen[i][j][k]
            $Trainer.formseen[i][j][k]=true
          end
        end
How to fix?

AmethystRain

pixie-powered judgment!
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
9- Although I don't know why it would all of the sudden, Minimize was behaving strangely in a battle. A Grimer used it twice- I'm almost positive that it was only twice, and after the first time I was having real trouble hitting it. Later, it used it a third time and it said that the Evasion wouldn't go higher (which should only happen after +6). Is it possible that minimize was adding +3...?

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
Um a bug for me that I've found is my character doesn't display... I re imported the graphic and everything.. here is a screen...

capture000.png

Back