• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2011] Pokémon Ruby Destiny - Life of Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
Spoiler:

I also found a way to get a lot of Rare Candies...

Spoiler:
I chose Deazone, it's Death Rip combined with leveling it all the way up to 100 makes it easy to blow through those lv. 100 in the final battle. I chose Breatherna in a second playthrough using a Toxicstall combo, worked rather well as well if I do say so.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
I chose Deazone, it's Death Rip combined with leveling it all the way up to 100 makes it easy to blow through those lv. 100 in the final battle. I chose Breatherna in a second playthrough using a Toxicstall combo, worked rather well as well if I do say so.

I just successfully figured out how to trade, so I have both now. I must say, Death Rip is a great move, having much better accuracy than moves like Sheer Cold and Fissure. :D I laugh as I go into the training area of before the Master 17 and beat the level 80 Pokemon there with Death Rip while my Deazone is like lv 41. Bahahahahaha!

I am more impressed by ?, however, just because there's no real drawback to it (like low accuracy). Not saying that ? is better than Death Rip, just giving my personal opinion.

Oh, and why is it called "?"? < (that loooks weird with the 2 ?'s)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2024
Is there a specific version of the rom base I should look for? I'm just a newbie to roms and stuff.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
Really? How do you trade?
There's a VBA that has a link feature on it which allows you to do trades, battles, and such things. I happened to have that one on my computer, yeah... not all VBA's have this link feature, only certain ones.

Is there a specific version of the rom base I should look for? I'm just a newbie to roms and stuff.
A clean US (sometimes listed as "U") Ruby ROM is what I used and it works perfectly.

Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2024
Ok, thank you. But, isn't there something wrong with the 0907 roms? I think I heard they don't work on the Light Platinum thread.
EDIT: I got one that will work I hope. But is there any chance for this or any hack to start the text speed at fast? That's just my pet peeve with every pokemon game.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!

Just out of curiosity...
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Hey DjG , I have 2 questions
1; What do i do now. I am playing the dark side of game and had passes the giratina event where people went thru you and have came back in the lost shadow but now i dont know where to go.
2; Also I am in Leon empire and am at the place where there are 2 pokemons one is Felinar and the other is an unknown one well Felinar vanishes the moment we come close to it and then the Empire knight comes and shouts to Felinar when i go to the grass the sprite of us says about the other pokemon but when i speak with it nothing happens... what i am supposed to do.
Hope u got what i am trying to ask?

zeldastriker

Just a Guy Who Loves Flygon
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 10, 2019
What is this event where Felinar and another pokemon are at the Leon Empire? I never saw anything like it...

Years
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!

Just out of curiosity...
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Yeah I tried this... but nothing happens really. If you beat the Dragon guy, he congratulates you and end credits go up =|

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
1; What do i do now. I am playing the dark side of game and had passes the giratina event where people went thru you and have came back in the lost shadow but now i dont know where to go.
2; Also I am in Leon empire and am at the place where there are 2 pokemons one is Felinar and the other is an unknown one well Felinar vanishes the moment we come close to it and then the Empire knight comes and shouts to Felinar when i go to the grass the sprite of us says about the other pokemon but when i speak with it nothing happens... what i am supposed to do.
1. Exit the lost shadow the way you came in, then you'll witness a cutscene and it will tell you to speak to the Rintah Shaman. After so, go to Lustersand and obtain the sixth symbol, then Guardia for the seventh and finally the Hevah league.

2. Backtrack to the Fruits Basket and search it to find the "other pokemon" three times, you'll then battle it and then you may move on.

AustinWolff

has left
Years
great game! the final battle was quite easy for me: here is what I did

for giratina
Spoiler:

for vessel and zah
Spoiler:

the only menacing thing about the fights was that I was in the 50's. But i guess it didnt matter! now im just training to beat the master 17, which I am losing horribly against because I have 2 pokemon in the 80's and the rest are in the 60's

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
hello, can someone please tell me what i do after the 6th gym? I already checked the FAQ and i couldn't find my answer...

Go to Rintah Town and then head east to reach Dusk Path, and when you're there, enter the cave (but if a POKéMON roars you out of the cave, then talk to Kronz again)...

Hey can anyone help me I think I messed up possibily because the part where the waterfall is on dusk path ,the one that is blocked by trees, the trees don't disappear even after i've beaten the hevah league so is something wrong because I need to get the ruby destiny piece from its event to continue so yeah can anyone help.

Repatch the game with a clean ROM.

If I patch a clean Ruby ROM with the version 8 patch and use my save from the recent version 7 patch, will everything work properly or would I have to start a new game?

You don't need to start a new game.

Oh, and who/what is Sprizzle? How do you get it? I saw someone mention it (on one of these 74 pages, I don't remember which) but I don't know what it is... xD

Sprizzle is a 'special' POKéMON that you can catch with the game's 'Normal' side of the game, just like Dohydra through the 'Bad' side and Suvir through the 'Good' side of the game.

Anything except for Whiscash (if you've seen that particular anime episode).

I haven't been watching the series ever since they changed the voice actors...

Seeing Dark Lugia makes me want to play RoL again, too bad it's sprite is horrible in that game. If you made Lugia evolve into Dark Lugia that would be cool but oh well, I guess I'll live with it.

Er... No. Lugia won't evolve into an imba-Dark-Lugia in this game...

Are you still going to be fixing your previous workings? Because I'd like to see a better Dark Lugia in RoL.

I'd like to, but I don't have enough time now.
Luckily, there are some few pipz who asked permission to do so. I don't know their progress now, though, plus, they don't want to be publicized so they won't be 'pressured' to 'finish it quick'.

Gastrodon learns Dark Beam. It gets really annoying when fighting them.

Sorry for that. I fixed it now, and will be uploading a new patch soon.

Also, when you get to breeze island for the first time after the earthquake, if you talk to the team earth grunt immediately, it goes into a pokemon select screen and the game freezes. That cost me a save file because I didn't have a real save.

I had no problems with this.
Either a bad patching error of ROM incompatibility...

Darn it! I found Mew and the hungry little guy wants an Oran Berry. That's fine, 'cept I can't find any Oran Berries anywhere!! xD The berries don't seem to regrow... ._. Is there any other way to aquire Oran Berries (i.e. a shop, or a wild Pokemon that holds Oran Berries)?

I guess I'll make an NPC to sell some berries...
Have you tried talking to the pyramid-thing though?
It clears some flags of early events in hopes that berries will grow... =/

hey got another question (i found out what to do in my first one), what do you do after you beat Jimmy and Devihel at the Elite 4? Can someone please tell me?

go to Breeze Island, Mount Krystal, Twilight Path's Ore Mine, and then Leon Empire's Mount Leon, and after all those four locations, go and talk to Chaomega.

When can you enter Vextra Forest? Also in Gento and Johto can you battle against trainers there? If this ROM Hack does get hack of the year that will be different from the last two years where you got third place obviously. Oh and the Sailor at Hevah Academy and the path south of Rainbow City has a Fisherman overworld. In Garden Path Psychic Jaclyn has a Hex Maniac overworld and Battle Girl Jaycee has a Beauty overworld also.

You can enter Vextra Forest's dried-up swamp after you defeated Jimmy the Champion... I think...
And no, there aren't any trainers in the Johto and Gento regions.
I tried adding some, but A-Trainer glitches ALL previous trainers in the game...

Noooooo :'(
So there's no chance you're remaking RoL or RR like you suggested?
What about another hack?

=/

No Dude, wrong twilight. He meant My Little Pony;Friendship is Magic. The main character is named literally named Twilight Sparkle. That fact that that was unintentional makes it all the more magic.

That, I don't have the slightest idea of what you just said...

Oh, and why is it called "?"? < (that loooks weird with the 2 ?'s)

It's called "?" because that's Chaomega's signature move ever since it was first introduced in the second RD series: Rescue Rangers...
As to why I called it "?", well, let's just say that during that time, while I was thinking of what to name Chaomega's signature move, the only thing in my head was full of "?"...

Ok, thank you. But, isn't there something wrong with the 0907 roms? I think I heard they don't work on the Light Platinum thread.
EDIT: I got one that will work I hope. But is there any chance for this or any hack to start the text speed at fast? That's just my pet peeve with every pokemon game.

Well, yes, you can change the text speed to fast.
I never heard that changing it to fast can cause errors or anything...

go outside mineral cave.
after that, an event will trigger with Crosell and Claire (but if that didn't occur, go back to the entrance of Dusk Path's Mineral Cave).
Talk to the Shaman of Rintah Town.
Head to the Hevah League (but if nothing happens there, either head to Guardia Town to earn a badge, or head to Lustersand Town and earn yourself a badge there.)

Search around Fruits' Basket for that Pink POKéMON and talk to it until it battles you, and then you can make your way.

What is this event where Felinar and another pokemon are at the Leon Empire? I never saw anything like it...

it's only for the 'Normal' side of the game.

Years
I didn't mean the swamp I meant the actual Vextra Forest itself. Can it be entered earlier to go to Low Point Path to find Andrew? Or is it as soon you enter the desert town north of Rainleaf Town? Also can you still battle Hex Maniac Valerie in the other part of the forest between Silkwind Path and Guardia Path? The part I mean is the forest in the forest where I believe TM: 30 Shadow Ball is also obtained.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I didn't mean the swamp I meant the actual Vextra Forest itself. Can it be entered earlier to go to Low Point Path to find Andrew? Or is it as soon you enter the desert town north of Rainleaf Town? Also can you still battle Hex Maniac Valerie in the other part of the forest between Silkwind Path and Guardia Path? The part I mean is the forest in the forest where I believe TM: 30 Shadow Ball is also obtained.

oh, well, yeah, you can now enter Vextra Forest early in the game. Maybe after you talked to the green guy about saving Master Andrew or after defeating Vincent for the first time. I'm not sure anymore, but yeah, you can enter the forest early now.

Years

To tell you the truth i am playing all the three sides of game at same time because my emulator has multiple save options... that is why i was asking so that means there are few events in game that differ with each other when they are completed the game has same ending. correct me if i am wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back