• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Shattered Era [T]

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Damon Malruth
Kanto Enclave
The Linoone peeked his head up over the rocks he had been using for cover and watched as a Lucario suddenly rushed into the caves and ordered the rest of the Knights to leave. He felt his mouth go dry. That was no ordinary Lucario.... that was Caedmon Yeonart. He paled as he ducked back under his cover. "Crud, crud, crud crud..." He whispered to himself. He could hear the Lucario talking to Urta and another voice rang out. A scared one. Dammit! What was he to do!? He took in a deep breath as he got out from behind the rocks and stood up on his hind legs, "I am the leader you look for Caedmon." He said as calmly as possibly, although his tail swung behind him rather erratically.

He didn't know what the second in command of the entire order of Knights wanted here... but he wouldn't let him attack his soldiers! "Tell me what you want and then leave. I have no want for anymore bloodshed today." He said as the Mechanists that had entered the building came out and aimed their weapons right at the Knight. One wrong step and Caedmon would have hundreds of bullet going right for him... the Linoone only hoped that the bullets would find their target though...

Urta stood her ground and glared at him as she had weapon aimed right at him.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Caedmon Yeonart
Kanto Enclave​

Caedmon waited as the dust slowly settled, a couple of Mechanists making their way out into the streets and aiming their weapons at him. Fairly predictable, but nothing he even wanted to have countered, had he been able to. He simply stood there and waited. Not long after, a Linoone popped out of hiding, declaring himself to be their leader.

Caedmon's eyes narrowed at these words, slowly lifting his arms to fold them across his chest, his reason for doing it in slow, calm movements being that he didn't want an entire group of Mechanists shooting their damned pistols and rifles at him all at once, although he should be able to dodge most, if not all of them. He rolled his shoulders slightly, his nose vibrating lightly as he took a small whiff of the air around him. The air, as he had thought, was thick with sweat, blood, dust and fear. Although…

His eyes widened only a slight bit as he caught a familiar scent, but didn't move or turn his head to glance in the direction the scent had come from. He merely let out a little huff before speaking, his eyes looking over the Linoone behind the rocks. His body language betrayed him, especially that tail of his. First thing's first though. He turned his head to glance over at the Leavanny for a moment, in silence.
" … I am Caedmon Yeonart, second in command of the entire armed forces of the Knights of the Oran. I hope that answers your question sufficiently."

He then turned back to the Linoone, his ears giving a little twitch as more Mechanists moved out into the streets to back up their allies.

"Good. I do not wish to shed any more blood than there has been today either. However, I think I did not make myself clear. I wish to speak to your leader. Not the leader of this excavation unit, but the leader of the Mechanists."

He waited a moment as a wave of muttering went through the Mechanists before speaking again, cutting off the mumbling mass of Pokémon.

"… Of course, I could simply be doing this to come close to your leader to assassinate him, and to prove that I have no such plans, I have brought someone with me."

He turned his head slightly, glancing back from where he came. He then lifted a paw and motioned towards it. A moment later, a small Timburr peeked around the corner, obvious relief in his eyes as he moved closer. He glanced towards Caedmon, who nodded, before hurrying over to a couple of Mechanists who checked him over and made sure he was actually one of their own.

"He is… regrettably, the sole survivor of this entire ordeal. He aided me in telling that you would most likely be here, and I promised him freedom in return. You may view me as a monster, a soulless killing machine… and perhaps I am. I am not the judge of myself. But I –am- a man of my word, and I will not lay a hand on any of you, or your allies. Not even your leader. Neither have I told any one of me being here. I am all alone."

Caedmon kept his head held high, arms folded across his chest as he briefly looked over the shocked, almost baffled Mechanists, some of them narrowing their eyes suspiciously, before he looked back to the Linoone, staring awaitingly at him.

"I merely wish to speak to your leader. Nothing more."

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Damon Malruth
Kanto Enclave​

Damon gulped as his front paws tightened into small fists. "I-I can't yet you do that Caedmon." he replied as calmly as he could. "To bring you to our leader would compromise his security. If you do want to have a chance to see our leader you must submit yourself to being securely bound up. Hands behind your back and you will not put up a struggle." He quickly glanced around his soldiers. He didn't know if they could indeed force this Lucario to do anything! Caedmon's battle skills were impressive. He could take on multiple soldiers without breaking a sweat and dodging their bullets easily! The Linoone still had no idea if this was some kind of trap, but he would take every precaution he could! Sure, he had brought one of their own back to them... but that was just a small cost to the very dangers he could inflict on the base! What was one mechanist when a entire base could be destroyed?

"Our leader is far away... and if you do submit yourselves to us then we will see to it that you can talk to him." He nodded at a Adriados that scuttled forward warily. "Allow my soldier to tie you up and we will be on our way."

Urta backed away from Caedmon and went straight to Damon. "What the hell are you thinking!?" She hissed into his ear as she dragged the Linoone back some distance. "I think he could make a good source of information! He gave himself willingly!" Damon whispered back. "Yes, but he can be tricking us!" She hissed back. The two bickered for a bit before Damon finally ended the conversation. "Get him tied up and we'll be going."

Just then another soldier ran up to Damon with a sick look on his face. He quickly whispered into the Linoone's ear as his eyes widened. He stared ahead for a few seconds before nodding weakly. "Y-Yes.... get him out of here!" He snapped as he turned to Urta. "Take these soldiers out of here! Just.... I need to see something."

The Blaziken looked at him before nodding and she looked at Caedmon, "So, going to come willingly?" She asked as Damon rushed further into the city, right for the town square.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Caedmon Yeonart
Kanto Enclave​

Caedmon had figured out that they would most likely ask him to be bound and effectively become their prisoner. He also doubted that if things went awry, that they would simply let him go again, although he didn't know much about how honor-bound the mechanists were. Not a lot, he could imagine.

Huffing slightly, he rolled his head a little on his shoulders, glancing towards the Pokémon whispering into the Linoone's ear, a small huff emitting from him. If they hadn't seen it already, they would now. And if they saw it –before- they had promised to take him to the leader and bound him up, they would most likely simply try to kill him in a blind rage.

Caedmon glanced to the Ariados with the same, blank expression, although somehow making it look rather stern. He then, in a slightly too quick movement, which caused half the Pokémon there to startle, and even one of them to drop their rifle, he lowered his arms and placed them on his back.

"Very well. I will place myself in your hands. I just hope that you will keep your word."

With that, he waited, as the Ariados very carefully began tying him up, standing ever proudly, his eyes glancing towards Alice for a brief moment before breaking eye contact. If things went sour, he could always try to escape. It made it harder while being bound, but definitely not impossible. In any case, it shouldn't go too badly wrong, if it did. He –was- only going to ask questions, after all. And even the near-emotionless Caedmon had to admit that he was a little curious as to who the Mechanist's leader actually was.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Damon Malruth
Kanto Enclave​

The Adriados pulled away as he finished tying him up and Urta nodded, "Right, teleporter, we go. We need another teleporter and some soldiers to wait here for Damon. You all will stay." She said as she pointed at a some soldiers. The rest of the soldier gathered around a psychic and with that they teleported away.

Birch Enclave​

The soldiers reappeared in the cavern they had left earlier that day and Urta grabbed hold of the still bound up Caedmon. "Right, everyone relax, go and do whatever you need to do." With that she walked off, making sure the Lucario followed behind her. "You know, you got some explaining to do." She said as she walked with him.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Maverick Renos
Markus​

There was a loud sound in the air as a Exploud got in front of the Council Chambers and began to let out some loud shouts that were heard around the city. It was a signal only sounded in great times of distress. Every knight in the city was to gather together. There was a emergency. Immediately the pokemon in armor began to head to the Chambers and headed inside. Many crowded around the ground floor as they talked among each other as they waited for Maverick to appear.

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years

Alice

Alice was outright amazed. Caedmon, the fearless second-in-command of the Oran Knights, became a voluntary captive to the Mechanists! It's obvious he just wants to ask a few questions or he would've already attacked everyone, but actually going with them as their hostage?! And that look! Yeah, it was just a moment or so that they made eye contact and he didn't show any emotion, but it was so... believing. Like he knew Alice's intentions. Did Triss tell him? No, she wouldn't have disobeyed such a serious order.

After an Ariados wrapped Caedmon up, everyone was teleported away, save Damon and a few soldiers. Back in Birch, they were told by Urta to relax and take care of their own business. It was then that the Gallade from outside the Kanto Enclave came and took Alice to the technician's workshop, checking her over completely with random measuring tools.

"Little thin for an Absol, aren't you?" Whether that was a compliment or insult was unclear. "Anyways, you can loosen back up." After a few minutes of having to stand straight for the measurements, it was starting to feel like the boot camp inspections at Swine all over again. "Now, I know it's not necessary, but I ask it anyways to preserve a Pokémon's pride once in a while. Do you prefer to have your armor as simply armor, or would you like one of the many weapons in stock customized for you?"

Pride is one thing, but there's also the fact that the Council would kill her a thousand times over if they saw one of their commanders using Mechanist weaponry. There's also the fact that Alice had been interested in the Mechanist style for nearly ten years now.​

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
Jackie Miller​

Jackie quietly trudged through the city of Swine, her close helmet shut. It allowed her to see out of it, but stopped others from looking in. The streets of Swine was nearly swarming with other knights-in-training, though the bright crimson Charmeleon wasn't like most of them. Most of these knights were male and were likely anticipating the day they rose in status and would be able to command everyone else.

Jackie couldn't do that, and she had to admit she felt just a tad bit envious. It wasn't a pride thing, though. She couldn't care less if she was better than someone else. After all, in her opinion, no matter what you do, someone out there is better at it than you. It was just the fact that when you were in high command, in command of others… you were instantly important. It didn't even matter if you were dumb or low class or had a stutter. You were in command, you were important and you were the boss. Why am I thinking this? I'm not supposed to continue worrying about this. I already know that it only makes me feel bad.

Jackie pushed past the other knights with a grimace forming on her face. She didn't have time for this. Why did everyone walk so slow? It was getting way too crowded for comfort. Come on Ho-Oh, help me out here.

A booming noise sounded through the air and Pokémon around began to grunt and cover their ears. Jackie grit her teeth and looked around for the source of the sound. It was an Exploud standing in front of the Council Chambers that was projecting its thunderous voice for all to hear. What was it now? This had to be very important. All the knights in Swine had to gather together in response to an emergency.

Before Jackie even had a chance to take a breath, the Pokémon that were once walking slowly in front of her turned and attempted to barrel through the crowd. The Charmeleon was thrown off her feet and landed on her back, right on the pavement that now seemed to be a track for raceponytas. The impact was merely unpleasant but not at all painful. That was the beauty of armor. Jackie looked up, fluttering her eyelids in fear that someone would step on her head. She reached up and grabbed onto another knight's arm, allowing her to pull herself up.

"Hey!" the knight said, being jerked backward as Jackie rose. "Sorry," she responded. When I was complaining about you people walking slow, I wasn't asking for you to go Dodrio speed! Jackie walked as fast as she could to keep up with the crowd, and within a matter of minutes she made it into the Chambers. "Oof," Jackie muttered as she was smooshed against the wall.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Maverick Renos
Markus​

The groyle in question slowly descended the stairs as all the Knights feel silent. He was followed by two of his Knight-Commanders. He regarded the gathered Kinghts before he began to speak. "I come here before you all to inform of the tragedy that came here to Markus. Despite our best effort, Matthew has been kidnapped by the Mechanist rebels. We have not yet received a note of ransom or any communication from them. We can only hope that they will not harm Matthew and if they do we will make them pay with their lives!" A cheer came up from the room and Maverick raised his hands to silence them once more.

"There is, however, a new tragedy that befell us. One of own has been led astray." There were some murmurs as Maverick continued. "Earlier this day one of the Mechanist prisoners we captured was released and is now on the run from us! Our prison was breached by one of our own who has been in league with the Mechanists no doubt even before he became a Knight!" There were gasps and mutters among the crowd.

"The traitor is one who was dear to us. Caedmon Yeonart!" There were shouts from the Knights and boos at the name. "He not only freed a prisoner, but he fled the scene and even attacked a Knight who was just performing his duty of keeping that vile creature from wrecking havoc on our city! We have already sent multiple groups out to find him, but he is nowhere to be found. He fled like the coward he is and always has been." He looked around, "So, we have a new order from the Council. If any are to encounter Caedmon, you are to regard him as hostile. Don't be an idiot and go after him alone. If you are at a advantage you are to kill him without any hesitation! He is now our enemy and deserves the same fate that awaits the Mechanists... DEATH!"

The crowd erupted in cheers as Maverick looked around. The Nuzleaf we have in custody has cracked and has given a minor location. Apparently there is a small testing area the Mechanists have that is not on any map and is to test their weapons at. We are sending a team to head that way and take the center! Who will be courageous enough to go?"

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Damon Malruth
Birch Enclave​

The Megaphones all over the city sparked to life as a message was broadcast over the city. "Attention! All Declarum Forces soldiers are to head to the Convention Center for a debriefing session! Head over there immediately. No excuses!" The Megaphone clicked off as the soldiers from all over headed to the center as quick as they could.

NightOfRemorse

Years
Jackie Miller​

The Grovyle that all the Knights had been so loudly waiting for finally made his entrance into the Chambers. The Knights fell silent as he made his way down the stairs with two of his Knight-Commanders following closely behind. "I come here before you all to inform of the tragedy that came here to Markus. Despite our best effort, Matthew has been kidnapped by the Mechanist rebels. We have not yet received a note of ransom or any communication from them. We can only hope that they will not harm Matthew and if they do we will make them pay with their lives!"

A few of those among the crowd began to cheer and Maverick motioned with his hands to get them to shut up again. "There is, however, a new tragedy that befell us. One of own has been led astray." Jackie gasped quietly as some others murmured to each other. "Earlier this day one of the Mechanist prisoners we captured was released and is now on the run from us! Our prison was breached by one of our own who has been in league with the Mechanists no doubt even before he became a Knight!" Wow.

"The traitor is one who was dear to us. Caedmon Yeonart!" Shouts and protests traveled through the crowd, and Pokémon around Jackie angrily yelled and only pushed her more into the wall. She was very tempted to send them a flamethrower to the face. "He not only freed a prisoner, but he fled the scene and even attacked a Knight who was just performing his duty of keeping that vile creature from wrecking havoc on our city! We have already sent multiple groups out to find him, but he is nowhere to be found. He fled like the coward he is and always has been."

He looked around, "So, we have a new order from the Council. If any are to encounter Caedmon, you are to regard him as hostile. Don't be an idiot and go after him alone. If you are at a advantage you are to kill him without any hesitation! He is now our enemy and deserves the same fate that awaits the Mechanists... DEATH!"

Jackie thought for a moment as cheers erupted through the crowd. What if one of them did go alone, only they pretended to be on his side? That's what Caedmon had done before, so it's not like it wouldn't work for the Knights. Either that or a group of extremely stealthy Knights could go out and kill him on the spot, but then they would have to be very good at not being noticed.

"The Nuzleaf we have in custody has cracked and has given a minor location. Apparently there is a small testing area the Mechanists have that is not on any map and is to test their weapons at. We are sending a team to head that way and take the center! Who will be courageous enough to go?" Screw not being noticed.

Jackie opened her close helmet and sent a stream of fire toward those who were getting a little too close in her personal bubble. They all gasped and moved out of the way as she withdrew the flame into her maw. She removed her helmet as some Pokémon in the crowd talked amongst themselves. "I will!" she exclaimed as loudly as she could to make sure the Grovyle could hear her. "I'll go."

TornZero

Years

Alice

After a short wait and plenty of loud noise, Alice was fully equipped with a new set of armor, and the technician responsible felt pretty good for himself. He hadn't had much experience with quadrupeds, but the Absol was easy to work with, too.

Alice herself was quickly accustomed to the pieces, partly from her Knighthood, and partly from the fact that each was made specifically for her. This was entirely in contrast to the Knights, where armor seemed practically mass-produced for general Pokémon sizes. The Pokémon added their own little touch, but it was rarely more than the placement of the Knights' logo. She was testing each part out, and they were almost entirely perfect for her. Flexible joints conformed to her legs regardless of how she moved them, and the breastplate didn't interfere with her own motion. Blasphemers make pretty impressive smithies, to say the least. What startled her ended up being the inconspicuous slot for pellets, and it was already loaded.

"Be careful. I set it up so that if you bent one of your front legs far enough -- namely to protect yourself, it'll fire off a capsule full of sleep spores." The Gallade caught himself after a short pause. "I guess I haven't introduced myself yet. I'm Ken." No sooner was at least a one-way introduction made that an alarm sounded yet again, calling for all of the soldiers. "I believe that's us."

Us? This really caught her off-guard. She's not only a commander of the Knights, but now she's being considered one of the Declarum's soldiers, too? Anyways, if it'll help her to understand how to work their machines to the Knights' benefit, she didn't care anymore. With all the intrigue, she was willing to be branded a traitor just to get some good intel that no one else could; and the capture of Caedmon furthered her resolve in sticking around.

"Follow me," Ken continued. "Go ahead and leave the armor behind; with something as big as what's happened already, Damon probably won't want to push his luck and leave again."​

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Maverick Renos
Markus​

Maverick paused and cocked an eyebrow as he saw an intense amount of flames leap in the air and grinned. Well, it seemed that a Knight was rather ready to head out. A female Charmeleon was actually wanting to head out. Good. As she spoke up another Knight did as well, and then another. He nodded his head with a smirk. "Good good, you all will do well." He said. "Now the mission is simple, head out and destroy the base, capture those you can and bring them in for questioning. Other than that, make sure to keep an eye out for Caedmon wherever you go, do not attack but instead bring back word of his whereabouts. Happy hunting!" He said as the rest of the Knights cheered and slowly began to disperse. Maverick himself headed down to the jails one more time. He still was wanting some more information from that Nuzleaf. He walked with a proud demeanor as the guards saluted and opened the cell for him. The interrogator was in there and a rather bloody and sobbing Nuzleaf was chained down to a table.

"Sir, he is still resistant. Claims he knows nothing else."

Maverick just gave a cruel smirk and leaned down to look at the Nuzleaf, "How about some more slices? Here and here." He said as he pointed. The Weavile gave a grin as he slowly reached over with his claws as the Nuzleaf began to scream once more.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Damon Malruth
Birch Enclave​

Damon was in a very foul mood. Very foul. He had just seen multiple atrocities and yet he was-no, he wouldn't dwell on it. Just give the news as quickly as he could and get out. He wouldn't lose it in front of everyone. He had been rather supportive of the Knights coming over, but this was too damn much! He saw that sight back there, all he could say in the matter was rather pointless according to the Tyrogue. Damon's front paws clutched into fists. As long as no one set him off prematurely he wouldn't fire off and he could just lie down and get some much needed rest. Only question on his mind now was whether he could get to sleep now.

More and more pokemon filed in as Damon got to the podium once more and tapped the mic. "Please, settle down and get seated. I have some rather... just news alright!" He snapped as he rubbed his head. The Mechanists murmured among themselves at his sudden outburst, but he would remain as calm as possible for the others still coming in.

Once all were in the doors were closed. Damon rubbed his head for a few seconds before looking up at everyone. "Well, we have a bit of a... twist here to say the least." He sighed. "I-I have to introduce someone to you. You all know him. It's not pretty right now, but our leader-" He spat the word out, "-thinks he'll be a oh so wonderful asset to us. Without further ado... Caedmon Yeonart." He spat out once more as he moved away from the microphone and gestured to the doorway that was cracked open where Caedmon was.

The audience murmured among themselves as they couldn't tell if this was real or some sick practical joke.

Last edited:

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Caedmon Yeonart
Birch Enclave​

Caedmon closed his eyes, taking a deep breath. He wasn't nervous, but he wasn't looking forward to what he was going to have to do. As the leader of the mechanists had come up with the idea, Caedmon hadn't disagreed. His honor prevented him from doing that, despite how badly he felt about this current part of the plan. He stared out onto the stage from his hidden position off to the side, his arms folded across his chest. He could hear the crowd murmuring between themselves, confused and perhaps slightly angry at the would-be joke.

As Damon gestured towards him, he closed his eyes and removed his arms from his still armored chest, unfortunately still carrying the oran berry on its front. He hadn't the time to worry about something like that right now, as he opened his eyes again and strode onto the stage with his head held high and the always emotionless expression plastered onto his face.

The various Pokémon scattered throughout the crowd gasped, staring with disbelief, anger and fear mixed throughout the crowd, up at the former commander stepping up to the podium, resting his 'hands' behind his back, looking out over the crowd, waiting for them to quiet down. This took quite a while, but eventually, they lowered their voices to an angered murmur.

"… I know what you must be thinking. That I am a monster, questioning yourselves and those around you why I'm here, what I could be doing, whether your troops have caught me, or if I'll be executed soon. Truth to be told, I thought I was going to be." He paused to collect his thoughts, staring out at the crowd still. "… After witnessing the truth of the Council-"

"Go back to your Council City, murderer!" One Pokémon in the crowd called out and the rest mumbled along agreeingly, another few calling out at him. He breathed deeply, keeping his stoic expression as he kept going. "I witnessed the truth of how corrupt the Council and the Knights have become, and I saw no other way than to seek out the only others who had a cause they would die for. The Mechanists."

He closed his eyes a moment, a flash of the blood and the dead Pokémon scattered across the empty street back at the other enclave sweeping by him as he shook his head a little, letting out a huff. "… I sought out your troops and gave myself up, after freeing one of your own from captivity. I gave myself up, and, after speaking to your leader, I realized that the Mechanists… despite everything I have been taught, still have their honor intact. They still believe in what they began fighting for."

"You –murderer-! You killed my child! He was so young!" A voice cried out from the crowd. Caedmon turned his head to look down at a female Togetic, tears swelling up in her eyes while staring up at him with hatred burning behind the tears. "If you hadn't attacked his group, he would still be alive, you MONSTER!" She raised her arm and threw a tomato, which she had apparently gone out to fetch.

Caedmon kept completely still as the tomato flew up and smashed against the side of his face. The only motion this caused on him was that he shut his eye, keeping it closed, without even changing his expression, the tomato smeared across his face. He did, however, start to breathe a little more heavily. More Pokémon began growling and shouting, someone fetching more vegetables as they began throwing tomatoes, eggs (From the farm animal, non-sentient Pokémon) and potatoes at him, majority not hitting, but a few scattering across his torso and arms as he simply stood there, taking the barrage, turning his head to stare ahead of him. He then parted his lips and spoke again, louder now, to meet their ears over the roar of their anger.

"… Your leader decided it would be the best course of action to use me, not as an example, but as a soldier. And that's what I will do. I will fight for the Mechanists, and give no quarrel to the Knights. From here on out, they are my enemy." He paused, his lips twitching a little, as his eyes swept back towards the Togetic. "… I'm sorry." He said, slightly lower, his voice changing to reflect the regret and sorrow he suddenly felt, but his demeanor not changing at all.

Before turning and walking away, he glanced over the crowd, locking his gaze with Alice, the Absol, staring into her eyes for a few moments, Caedmon taking a deep breath before letting it out as now rocks were mixed in with the vegetables flying towards him. He then turned and walked back towards the doorway, a rock colliding with the back of his chestpiece, causing him to stumble a little, but none the less, continue walking.
"Yeah, and STAY away! We don't want anything to do with you stinking knights! Murderers! Freedom-crushers!" "Yeah! Go back to your towns and lock up your villagers!" The crowd continued roaring as he stepped out, away from the scene, standing still and simply closing his eyes, trying to relax himself, waiting for Damon to return and tell him what would happen next.

TornZero

Years
-----

Alice

Damon started to introduce someone as an asset, after an almost funny out-of-character shout at the microphone. From the word alone, it was obvious whom he was talking about. Caedmon Yeonart, still dressed in his armor and still as expressionless as ever, took the stage, to boos and hisses across the convention center. Some contemplated that he would launch a surprise attack. He talked about fearing that he would be killed, but that was dispelled by a Mechanist yelling, "Go back to your Council City, murderer!"

Alice remembered only about a week ago, when she was called out just the same.

"Why the hell do you attack us for using human technology?" He was rebellious, outspoken, twenty years old, and worst of all (for him): he came alone.

She didn't answer. She just had the same silent expression on her face that Caedmon always had. Psycho Cut.

"Do you even know?!"

Still no answer. She knew, sort of; it was just, at the time, she didn't think they were even worthy of a reply. Megahorn.

"You're just like the Council... just another heartless killer that does whatever they say...." He lost consciousness, presumably from the loss of blood.

"It's my job."

Next thing she knew, she saw a tomato against the former commander's face. A crying mother, and with a good aim for a Togetic's arms, too. Yet, he stood there and waited out the abuse as he explained his new stance on the conflict. This is what Alice admired her commanders for; they could take anything, even verbal and physical abuse without breaking. Then he showed a visible and audible guilt, a depression towards the Togetic when he apologized, although his face never changed. It was in the lips that just barely quivered while he spoke, the solemn expression in his eyes.

Between the time Caedmon's eyes met with Alice's and rocks started getting mixed in with the thrown foodstuff, the latter realized that her own views were changing from the past couple days, too. Being immersed in their culture and hectic activities affected her more than a decade of intensive library study could have. This wasn't just figuring out how to work their machines for the Council's advantage, this was exploration, and her opinions were affected, too. While she tried to pass this off as just being around them too long, the thoughts were pushing on her too much to ignore. When Caedmon finally left the stage for Malruth to return, Ken gently nudged the Absol back to her senses.

"You okay there?"

"Oh, yeah."

"He looked at you like he knew you."

"I guess you could say I've met him before." Hopefully they'd meet again soon, on better conditions than this. For an Absol, it was odd that she had plenty to talk with him about. Meanwhile, Ken was trying to understand what Alice meant.

NightOfRemorse

Years
Jackie Miller​

"Good good, you all will do well," the Grovyle said in response to the cacophony of excited voices of the soldiers. Jackie was again shoved into a wall as the Pokémon around her exploded in excitement that they just could not seem to contain. All she would have done in response was sigh, but she was being squeezed too much to even be able to do that.

"Now the mission is simple, head out and destroy the base, capture those you can and bring them in for questioning. Other than that, make sure to keep an eye out for Caedmon wherever you go, do not attack but instead bring back word of his whereabouts. Happy hunting!" the Grovyle finished as the crowd began to exit the room like a school of Magikarp escaping a fishing net. Jackie was thrown off by Maverick's requests. First he wanted Caedmon to be killed without hesitation, but he apparently changed his mind midway and wanted to be alerted of his presence without violence breaking out. Jackie thought it odd, but not an important detail to be analyzing right now. She followed the others out of the room and caught sight of the Pokémon who had also offered to go out.

There was a Rhydon, a Scizor and an Electabuzz, and they were conversing and laughing gleefully as if they were eating out at a buffet. "So uh, where do you guys think the base is? It's not on a map so we're gonna have to do some searching!" Jackie said to them. They glanced down at her for a moment before continuing to walk along and talk. Jackie stared up at them while following closely. "Did you guys hear me?" she asked. "Yeah yeah yeah, we know what we're doing!" exclaimed the Scizor. "Just thought I'd help..." Jackie said, her voice trailing off. "I'm Jackie! It's nice to meet you." The other Pokémon didn't reply, just kept walking forward with stern looks on their faces.

Back