• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official "How much is my card worth?" Thread [READ THE FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I found this Japanese Pokemon trainer card with a picture of an egg on it. It is Japanese so I can't read. I tried to find it online, but I couldn't find it anywhere. Anybody know its name or what it is worth.

That card is called Berry. It's from the first Japanese Neo set. It is worth maybe $0.10. At least, that's what it looks like.

The Seel is definitely from Jungle, but the "60 HP" is in a different font than my other cards.
I'm guessing it's probably a fake, then.

It probably is a fake, since Seel wasn't in Jungle. Do you have other shadowless cards? The HP font on Shadowless cards isn't bold, but it's otherwise still the same font as on the later prints.

Years
Hi, just wondering if I could get an approximent value for a few of my cards.

-Mew ex 2006 WC 88/92
-Ho-oh Neo Revelations 18/64 (first edition)
-Groudon ex Promo 038
-Zapdos Base set 16/102 (shadowless)
-Mew EX Delta Species(I think) 101/101

Thanks for the help!

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018

-Mew ex 2006 WC 88/92
-Groudon ex Promo 038

Thanks for the help!

I actually just traded my delta mew away yesterday for a shiny charizard. So i actually know the value.

Just depends. Ranges between 33 and 45 dollars, as long as its mint.

Years

-Mew ex 2006 WC 88/92
-Groudon ex Promo 038

Thanks for the help!

By "2006 WC", do you mean "2006 World Championships"?

Ho-oh Neo Revelations (18/64) 1st Edition: $5 to $10.
Groudon ex promo: $2 to $5.
Shadowless Zapdos: $5 to $10.

walkthrough'er

Heart Gold Player
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 18, 2013
Hey, came across this thread on google, and im a member so i thought you guys could help me out. Im currently pricing up my collection (complete sets of base 1, Jungle, Fossil) and im trying to find out the prices for some of my first edition original team rocket cards.

Some of which are:

Dark Charmeleon, Dark Primeape, Dark Rapidash and Dark Dugtrio.

I do have more 1st ed. from fossil and jungle, but if you could help me with these that would be an awesome start.

Thanks.

Demon.

Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
Dark charmeleon- somewhere between a dollar and a dollar fifty, oddly enough.

dark primeape-1st edition one sold for as little as 16 cents.

Dark rapidash-Might be able to get a buck.

Dark Dugtrio-Might go for near to 2 dollars.

Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2013
Hello,

I have been wondering the value of one of my probably rare cards.

It is a 1996 Pocket Monsters Card Game Japanese print Marill, oh which is holographic (body, not the picture.) It also says "Illus. Naoyo Kimuro" on the bottom left corner. The photo contains a Marill jumping with a Magikarp looking at it as well as a cliff and a jungle in the background.

Years
Hello,

I have been wondering the value of one of my probably rare cards.

It is a 1996 Pocket Monsters Card Game Japanese print Marill, oh which is holographic (body, not the picture.) It also says "Illus. Naoyo Kimuro" on the bottom left corner. The photo contains a Marill jumping with a Magikarp looking at it as well as a cliff and a jungle in the background.

Would you happen to be talking about a card that looks like the one I link to below, but with Japanese text instead?

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/2/20/MarillSouthernIslands11.jpg

That would belong to the Japanese Southern Islands collection, and that Marill will sell for anywhere between $1 and $5 no matter which language it is in.

Years
  • Seen Apr 3, 2013
Can someone tell me how much these cards are worth? Just give a vague estimate, it would be really helpful, they are not first edition, they're from the original base set. thanks! They are:

Charizard (1999) poor quality, rough around the edges and a 2 creases
Charmeleon (1999) decent quality, crease in the top left corner, slightly rough around the edges
Charmander (1999) good quality, slight creases in the top and bottom right corners
Squirtle (2000) very good quality, not quite perfect around the edges
Arbok (1999) poor quality, a little bit of card has ripped off in the top right corner and a crease in the bottom left
Ekans (1999) near mint, the tiniest amount of white wear on the back edges
Koffing (1999) decent quality, a little rough around the edges
Rhydon (1999) pretty poor quality, rough around the edges crease in the bottom left corner
Rhyhorn (1999) decent quality, slightly rough around the edges, crease in the top left corner
Abra (1999) very good quality, ever so slightly rough around the edges
Sandshrew (1999) good quality, slightly rough around the edges
Rattata (1999) good quality, a bit rough around the edges
Ponyta (1999) decent quality, a bit worn in the top left slightly rough around the edges
Persian (1999) pretty good quality, a bit rough around the edges
Raichu (2000) poor quality, cracked across the back creased in the bottom left slightly creased quite a few times rough around the edges
Seadra (1999) decent quality, creased bottom right rough around the edges
Tangela (1999) near mint, the tiniest bit rough around the edges
Omanyte (1999) good quality, slightly rough around the edges
Trainer - Goop Gas Attack (2000) very good quality, ever so slightly rough on the corners
Trainer - Gust of Wind (1999) very good quality, ever so slightly rough around the edges

Thanks if you if you do!

Demon.

Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
Poor quality pretty much eliminates value. Most commons and uncommons, even from base set, arent worth more than a dollar.

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2013
hi there! i picked up an ex dragon frontiers seel card today and i was wondering what the value of it might be? it's a common reverse holo card. but it seems to have a mistake on it. I was wondering if that would have any effect on the value? also, why do some of the cards have the ex dragon frontiers logo on the image of the card?
i have attached an image of the seel for reference

Years
hi there! i picked up an ex dragon frontiers seel card today and i was wondering what the value of it might be? it's a common reverse holo card. but it seems to have a mistake on it. I was wondering if that would have any effect on the value? also, why do some of the cards have the ex dragon frontiers logo on the image of the card?
i have attached an image of the seel for reference

I don't see any mistakes on that card. It's a dead-ringer for this one:

displayimage.php

That set logo thing is how "reverse" holos were printed in the sets that were released between 2004 and 2007, if my memory serves, though I don't remember exactly which sets those include other than EX: FireRed LeafGreen and EX: Power Keepers roughly marking the boundaries of that style, which was removed for reverse holos in the Diamond & Pearl Base Set.

The card itself is worth $0.15 at most. People generally aren't looking for reverse foils or commons, and this thing is both of those.

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2013
I don't see any mistakes on that card. It's a dead-ringer for this one:

That set logo thing is how "reverse" holos were printed in the sets that were released between 2004 and 2007, if my memory serves, though I don't remember exactly which sets those include other than EX: FireRed LeafGreen and EX: Power Keepers roughly marking the boundaries of that style, which was removed for reverse holos in the Diamond & Pearl Base Set.

The card itself is worth $0.15 at most. People generally aren't looking for reverse foils or commons, and this thing is both of those.
there's a line running through the seel's face where the holofoil didn't get applied.
thanks for the info though ^_^ much appreciated!

Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2013
Curious how much these are worth all mint and holo
Shining charizard 107/105
Charizard 4/102
Venusaur 15/102
Sneasel ex 103/109
Pinsir 9/64
Syther ex 102/109
Victreebel 14/64
Electabuzz ex 97/109
Gardevoir 7/109
Wigglytuff 19/130
Blastoise 2nd edition 2/130
Steelix 15/111
Crobat 3/101
Togichick jappenese neo No. 176
Slowking Jappenese neo No. 199
Venomoth 13/64
Nidoking 11/102
Lapras 10/62
Kangaskan jappenese neo No. 115
Poliwrath 15/130
Typhlosion jappenese neo No. 157
Blastoise 2/102
Alakazam 1/102
Magneton 9/102
Dark amppharos 1/105
Umbreon 13/75
Typhlosion ex 99/100
Vaporeon 12/64
Machamp sealed 8/102
Jolteon 4/64
Hitmontop jappenese neo No. 237
Baltoy 52/101
Chansey 3/102
Mistys golduck 12/132
Azumaril 2/111
Meganium 10/111
Hypno 8/62
Gengar 5/62
Swampert 13/109
Scizor 10/75
Elextrode 2/64
Blazikain 3/109
Aerodactyl 1/62
Pichu jappenese neo No. 172
Electabuz 35/100
Yahhumara jappenese neo No. 193

Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2013
How much are these worth?

I literally know nothing about Pokemon so if you guys can just tell me if I have anything of value, that would be great. I've had these in my attic since I was maybe 10 years old. Just wondering if they are worth anything.

Edit: Okay so apparently some genius administrator made it a rule that you can only post pictures after making 15 posts. Not entirely sure how that makes an sense since I'm never going to post anything after this. But anyway..

The main one I think may be worth money are a Charizard that doesn't have sparkles in the background like the other ones I've seen. It's labeled 3/110. Also a holographic Pikachu wrapped in plastic.

If there are any others that are worth anything from around the same time, let me know. Thanks. :)

Demon.

Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
Pretty sure Shining Charizard is still over a hundred bucks.

Years
I literally know nothing about Pokemon so if you guys can just tell me if I have anything of value, that would be great. I've had these in my attic since I was maybe 10 years old. Just wondering if they are worth anything.

Edit: Okay so apparently some genius administrator made it a rule that you can only post pictures after making 15 posts. Not entirely sure how that makes an sense since I'm never going to post anything after this. But anyway..

The main one I think may be worth money are a Charizard that doesn't have sparkles in the background like the other ones I've seen. It's labeled 3/110. Also a holographic Pikachu wrapped in plastic.

If there are any others that are worth anything from around the same time, let me know. Thanks. :)

First thing to note, I'll be merging your thread with our appropriate card pricing thread (it's the ""How Much is My Card Worth?" Thread 2012/2013 Edition" in the stickied threads which are at the top of the thread list for the section) and further questions about prices belong in that thread.

Second thing, posting pictures is only disabled because when you post an image, you post a URL, and URLs are blocked to registered users with less than 15 posts to prevent spambots from posting malicious links that detract from a user's experience here. You can bypass this by uploading your images as an attachment to your next post you make in the "How Much is My Card Worth?" thread.

Regarding your cards, I would need either those pictures uploaded as attachments or more details regarding those two cards to assess which ones they are so I can find prices on them. As for anything else being worth anything, try your rares, promos, and holofoil rares. Most of them won't fetch more than $5 (or more than $2 in many cases), though even that is only if they're in mint/near mint condition. There is a small chance you have some pretty freaking rare card that you could sell a decent amount for, however!

Years
Curious how much these are worth all mint and holo
Shining charizard 107/105
Charizard 4/102
Venusaur 15/102
Sneasel ex 103/109
Pinsir 9/64
Syther ex 102/109
Victreebel 14/64
Electabuzz ex 97/109
Gardevoir 7/109
Wigglytuff 19/130
Blastoise 2nd edition 2/130
Steelix 15/111
Crobat 3/101
Togichick jappenese neo No. 176
Slowking Jappenese neo No. 199
Venomoth 13/64
Nidoking 11/102
Lapras 10/62
Kangaskan jappenese neo No. 115
Poliwrath 15/130
Typhlosion jappenese neo No. 157
Blastoise 2/102
Alakazam 1/102
Magneton 9/102
Dark amppharos 1/105
Umbreon 13/75
Typhlosion ex 99/100
Vaporeon 12/64
Machamp sealed 8/102
Jolteon 4/64
Hitmontop jappenese neo No. 237
Baltoy 52/101
Chansey 3/102
Mistys golduck 12/132
Azumaril 2/111
Meganium 10/111
Hypno 8/62
Gengar 5/62
Swampert 13/109
Scizor 10/75
Elextrode 2/64
Blazikain 3/109
Aerodactyl 1/62
Pichu jappenese neo No. 172
Electabuz 35/100
Yahhumara jappenese neo No. 193

I was going to price your top two tonight, but for several of these I need to know if they're first edition cards or not (if they are English 1st editions, they'll have a black circle with a transparent "1" in it to the bottom left of the picture; if they're japanese 1st editions, they'd have to have a copyright year of 2003 or later and have a "1" stacked on top of "edition" in the bottom right-hand corner of the card next to a rarity symbol or letter and a set symbol). Additionally, for Charizard, Venusaur, Blastoise, Magneton, Chansey, Machamp, Alakazam, and Nidoking, I'll need to know whether each of the cards has a shadow to the left of the picture frame or not. That will affect the values as well.

Pretty sure Shining Charizard is still over a hundred bucks.

I'm fairly certain that only applies to the 1st Edition version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back