• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HOLY **** THEIR ART

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Saw an epic manga panel made you go 'Holy crap'? Or perhaps a painting whose beauty in your opinion is unrivalled? Post it here and share it with your fellow artists.

The rules will be pretty lax here so don't worry if you aren't aware of the technical aspects - fanboying/girling is absolutely okay! Feel free to provide impressions/discussion about the piece of art posted by the previous poster. Hope you guys have fun!

PS if possible include the artist's name and/or link to their DA or any other gallery. ;p

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
This person is truly one of the most spectacular artists I've found on DA. They've got a great collection of realistic Pokemon, all of which look absolutely amazing. Course, all their art is great, but this is the latest one they did.
Spoiler:

I watched him while his Livestream while he was drawing this. If you look here he even made a description of what he imagines a a real Flygon would be like.

And, a link to their DA, of course...

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
I don't really get excited over the technical aspects of anyone's art so much as the content. Let's take Pokemon for example. It could be the most detailed, full color picture ever, but if it's just a Pokemon in a forest looking over its shoulder because it's just a skittish pose to make, yawn.

I'll take a 1 minute doodle of something funny anyday. People who take stuff beyond what you'd expect in a good way are what get me motivated. That's why I like the Pokemon 4koma from Takahiro.

I'm still the most inspired by UPA, Jay Ward Productions and the whole modern illustration movement in the 50s-60s (as well as illustrations from the 20s-30s). I one day wanna make a limited animation, but darn me, I always end up making everything fluid. That perfectionist in me, I cannot shut him up.

I do fangasm over anyone who draws a funny cute Nido picture, especially when someone Japanese does it. So rare, maybe that's why I love Takahiro so much more. That's right, the surefire way to get my intrests up sky high is with funny Nidorina pictures. OrL

Renyui!

ascender
Years
So I understand that most people here are all about their eastern influences and manga art, but if I may, I've been reading the comic series Uncanny X-Force, and the art, by Jerome Opeña is really cool. I love the use of line shading, for example, in pieces such as:
Spoiler:

His use of colours, and the scale of some of his pieces is just insane.
Spoiler:

Most of these pictures don't do him justice, because they're slightly blurry jpegs, but I couldn't find good copies of the real thing. Regardless, I'm sure you get the idea!
More people on this site should dig western stuff! Because!

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
For me, I have a ton of artist idols who I look up to-- but for now, I'll impart the three on deviantart who really make me sigh with a desire to improve every time I see their updates.

sakimichan.deviantart.com
Spoiler:

I love how even though when you really look hard at her piece, it's really quite rough, but when you just look at it initially it's incredibly smooth and the details are to die for. Her coloring style is really my ideal, and I adore the way she renders faces.

tknk.deviantart.com
Spoiler:

TKNK is my fashion god-- truly there is no parallel, except perhaps Miwa Shirow, to this guy's beautiful eye for composition of the perfect outfit, the perfect eyelashes and glossy lips. I love the make-up he renders on his faces, it's just so nice /////

gaybravado.deviantart.com
Spoiler:

Shameless plug, but Alex is a friend of mine and his art is truly inspiring-- his eye for detail, yet also the simplicities and symbolism in his works make perusing his gallery a ton of fun!

.... I'll probably have more to add in the future. I can already think of a ton of other friends who's art I love LOL

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
So I was talking to Kura today, and she revealed to me the lovely artist that created her signature >:3

I don't know about anyone else, but I've been admiring Kura's signature since I joined PC. Here's a few examples from Miss Claire Wendling!

*warning : big images*
Spoiler:

Definitely my latest obsession. Thanks Kura! <3

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
Gods, being an artist myself, I am forever and ever admiring other people's skills. For example:

Kentaro Miura
Spoiler:

Inoue Takehiko
Spoiler:

Gabriele Dell'Otto
Spoiler:

Just some of my Professional favs.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
@Powerserge: Miura and Takehito-san are just amazing at art. They easily have the best artwork in all manga I've read till now, in my opinion. <3; Berserk's artwork just fits it to the t. It is brutal and as realistic as it should be. While Vagabond's is just...so beautiful. I haven't read the manga yet but almost every single manga panel I've seen on internet of it looks breathtaking. They're both just fantastic artists. <3;

@Slenderman - That pic is definitely awesome, haha. No one would think you're ass-kissing because the picture is actually that good. <3;

@Anon - Definitely do! Those look really nice. Especially the last sketch - SO FREAKIN' GOOD, OMG! ;___;

@Loki - OMG I CAN OBSESS AND FANBOY OVER THEM ARTISTS' SKILLZ FOREVER!!! Honestly, they're just beautiful. <3; I personally am not a fan of yaoi but the third pic looks really awesome too <3; Awesome colors, lighting and perspective! <33;

@Renyui! - Now this is just epic stuff. The perspective, man. <3;

With all that said, I'd like to bring your attention to these pics. The guy is generally labelled as one who has a really weird art style. And it's true; it does take some time to get used to it. But, over time, you'll probably grow to appreciate the immense amount of hard work this guy puts into his works - talking about none other than One Piece's author; Eiichiro Oda. I just love the art style. <3; Just notice all the detailing that the buildings and the like have in all the panels below:
Spoiler:

I mean, honestly, just LOOK at that insane level of detail. And this manga's weekly! ;o;

Character designs can be pretty wacky but I love them anyway; just look at these :3
Spoiler:

I have many more examples but I gotta do some searching; ain't got no time fo' dat. :p If I could draw half as good as he does I'd be satisfied, haha.

Keep posting stuff, people! I really love going through all the amazing art you all post; I'm sure you do too! So let us not break this cycle! :)

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Love this thread. :D I recognize some of the fanart here because of Tumblr, but I never quite determined the original artist. I have a lot of links to add to my watch list, especially Arvalis for the realistic Pokemon. I got a chuckle out of seeing a realistic Sonic, too. xD

This wouldn't be a Dero thread without One Piece. :P The dragon and the scenery are incredibly detailed.

That means I can post Sonic fanart? right right? :D

EVMousser - evmousser.deviantart.com
Love the dynamic pose, colors, and lighting in this piece. Sonic always has to beat Eggman in style.. and in space. :P
Spoiler:

WhiteSpiritWolf - whitespiritwolf.deviantart.com
Incredible at drawing wolves, foxes, etc. I love this Vulpix fanart, though!
Spoiler:

Shilin - shilin.deviantart.com
AMAZING ARTIST HERE OMG ASDSDFLJE
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Hm I've stumbled upon this thread a few times but haven't had time to look through art and post stuff. I'm sure I have many more artist to post and will probably come back here often when I find more stuff, but for now I'll post one or two.

I was browsing DA and found this and fell in awe with it.

Spoiler:

by LukeFielding on DeviantART
http://lukefielding.deviantart.com/
Go to his profile and look through his gallery, there's many amazing paintings and drawings ones like this. Most of them available in prints too.

Here's more examples.
Spoiler:

Ry-Spirit -http://ry-spirit.deviantart.com/ Some one I've been following on DA and his Facebook page for a while. He makes a lot of Pokemon fan art so I think anyone on PC should appreciate his art. His style's pretty cutesy but it's still pretty spectacular to look at. There's tons of his art I could post but I'll post several examples, but you guys can look should more on your own time. :)

Spoiler:

And I think I posted way too much. >_> But all of it is way too good for me to choose a few.

Bartolomeo

Youtube = Crap
Years
Spoiler:

I'm loving the art style here. There's something about the way this guy draws...I can actually feel as if I belong in the situations the characters are put in myself. Maybe its the backgrounds? They're done pretty nicely. :p These examples are not the best, of course, but the manhwa (korean comic) is full of epic artwork so those who wish it see more can read it. It goes by the name "The Breaker".

Oh, and did I mention the fact that both the male and female characters look incredibly sexy? No? Yeah, they do. <3;

Edit; Check out the last one. The facial expressions. <3;

Last edited:

droomph

weeb
Years
I don't really get as much "ohmygodaoawelfiui" as much as I start having doubts about the point of my life :P I'm just going through that phase, but normally it would be "well time to start drawing!"

I think my main problem is not having the attention span to detail every single part and redraw every frame. It's the same problem keeping me from making a ROM hack so :P

ohhhhhh wæll

Back