• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So does anyone use Adventure Game Studio?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
http://www.agsforums.com

It's pretty easy to learn the basics and such. I haven't really tried to scratch the surface of the programming language yet, but it's really cool. It lets you make games like that of the LucasArts and Sierra adventures. My favorite AGS game is 5 Days a Stranger. So has anyone used it? I've noticed people talk about RPGMaker and Sphere and all that, so I was surprised to not see anything about this, not that I looked all that hard. Heh.

RM2K3kid

Insane..
Years
I hate this maker! I had it for a while but the crapness of it just made me wonna throw up! Trust me if your not into crap color, pixel people old school RPG games in general you'll hate this maker! Sorry but I just don't like it!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
Wow, you obviously didn't try using it a lot. You can create decent games with it. You can change the color depth and resolution, y'know. It takes a little creativity to create something decent with it, just like any other game maker ever in the history of forever.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
Well, OBVIOUSLY if you had a slower computer, or wanted to decrease the filesize significantly, or to give it a more classic feel. Plus, smaller resoultion = less work.

RM2K3kid

Insane..
Years
Ah... I used it for a very, very long time! There is way too much fiddling and I just don't like the games they are rather crap (And I used to love them until I discovered 24bit color)! If you like it ignore me I think rm2k/rm2k3/rpgxp is way better than that dos game maker!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
The engine isn't limited, just your imagination. This goes for most other game makers. By the way, have you tried any of the games I mentioned in the first post.

Back