• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
Updates!

Unfortunately my brother wanted to play his ROM urgently so I just had to give up arguing, so I didn't get far.

-Did all the pre-stuff, blah blah blah
-Beat Roxanne
-Went to Dewford
-Stopped there because my brother's whining got too annoying to play.

Current Team:
Spr_3e_267.gif

Sophie, lv. 16
Swarm
-Tackle
-Absorb
-Poison Sting
-Gust

Spr_3e_269.gif

Jake, lv. 16
Shield Dust
-Confusion
-String Shot
-Poison Sting
-Gust

Spr_3e_290.gif

Kyle, lv. 15
Compoundeyes
-Scratch
-Cut
-Leech Life
-Sand Attack

th_Roxanne.jpg
th_UGGH.jpg
th_Roxanne.jpg
th_RusturfTunnel.jpg
th_MayBattle1.jpg

Urrgghhh...You have no idea what a pain grinding was. Roxanne was EVEN worse...

Well, until next time!

pleryt16

ERMAHGERD ITS A VAPOREON
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 19, 2013
Update 3

Beat Kanto Gym leaders, that sums it up, doesn't it?

Red:

Pikachu: One shotted with Surf
Venusaur: Ice Punch, it takes in sunlight, Icepunch DEAD
Espeon: Surf,Surf,Surf,Surf
Snorlax: Slash,Slash Heal repeatedly
Blastoise: Slash twice
Charizard: Surf, Heal, Surf

I beat Johto with :Feraligatr level 71
Slash
Surf
Ice Punch
Iron Tail

On to HOENN! YES!

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
@ Grif: I must disagree. Water is slightly better, but I like that we're in agreement of the greatest two types.

@ Weavile: Sure, its okay with me. But this is your only do over. You don't get another chance. Life is no Nintendo game.

@ Everyone who signed up: Welcome!

dragon0fangz

account moved to 649
Years
i think that it should be illegal to do solo runs as a part of monotype.

If you use only one pokemon, then go to the solo runs section.

Likewise, If you solo run with one pokemon, you cant just barge in monotypes and say "hey i finished solo with charizard, can i be champion for fire monotype and flying monotype too?"

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
Minor Update! Beat Brawly. That pretty much sums it up, doesn't it?

Current Team:
Spr_3e_267.gif

Sophie, lv. 17
Swarm
-Tackle
-Absorb
-Stun Spore
-Gust

Spr_3e_269.gif

Jake, lv. 17
Shield Dust
-Confusion
-String Shot
-Poison Sting
-Gust

Spr_3e_290.gif

Kyle, lv. 16
Compoundeyes
-Cut
-Scratch
-Leech Life
-Flash

^^^Accidentally cancelled learning protect for Jake, so I'll have to find the nearest move relearner, at least until I learn something better. Does anyone know where is the gen 3 move relearner located?

Only one more team member to go, but I won't be able to get him until after Flannery. I also won't evolve Kyle until after Wattson, because otherwise all my pokemon would probably be OHKO'ed by thunder. But it won't matter anyways--he's only level 16 right now, I'm close to Wattson, and he evolves at 22 so I don't think I have much of a choice anyway.

dragonite149

I am not male
Years
Sinnoh water type update 3

Healed up with potions
Fought a youngster and his Kricketot
Healed up at Jubilife
Bought 5 potions
Fought a Lass
BiBi grew to level 8!
Areo grew to level 8!
Fought a lass.
Fought a youngster but BiBi fainted.
Healed up at Jubilife
Got Rock smash
Arrived at Orebrough
Went in the mine
Met Roark
Pesi grew to level 12!
BiBi grew to level 9 and learned defense curl!
Healed up at the Pokemon center.
Battled the gym trainers.
Healed up at the Pokemon center.
Went into the mine.
BiBi grew to level 10!
Pesi grew to level 13!
Beat some workers
Areo grew to level 9!
Pesi grew to level 14!

Team

Pesi
Piplup
LV14
Pound
Growl
Bubble
Water Sport

BiBi
Bidoof
LV10
Tackle
Growl
Defense Curl

Areo
Magikarp
LV9
Splash

Dragonsfreak

eevee raiser
Years
Progress for my HG fire type challenge:
Spoiler:

Fire Run Finished

Progress for my Ghost-Monotype on Platinum

Spoiler:

Last edited:

MancerNecro

the reverse necromancer
Years
Sorry... Due to an event stealing away my entire weekend, I can't play during this weekend. Only have time to come in and make this post. Thank you for your understanding.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
I also won't evolve Kyle until after Wattson, because otherwise all my pokemon would probably be OHKO'ed by thunder. But it won't matter anyways--he's only level 16 right now, I'm close to Wattson, and he evolves at 22 so I don't think I have much of a choice anyway.
Buy a pokeball, make sure you have a spare spot in your Party, and when it evolves, you will see shedinja in that empty spot, and he still won't get hit by thunder. Alsoi, make sure you buy a POKEBALL, Great Balls and Ultra balls and any other kind of pokeball won't work. It has to be a regular old pokeball.

GrifSpark

Your personal livin' Pokedex
Years
Well, I started the game. Nothing interesting there… My name is now Rory, and my rival is Ike, which has been my Name/Rival since Pokémon Yellow. So, let's get down to business.

Water MonoType Challenge #1

Spoiler:

(Admitedly, Water-Type would beat Ice-Type in a battle, but what about Snover/Abomasnow?)

Last edited:

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
Ok, time for my next update on my Ultimate Normal Type challenge.
Preview​
This one is a Biggun, with two gyms, some team rocket fights, like, about two rival fights, and a third team member! I'll seperate it into two sections by gym.
Also, due to the length, it will be in Spoiler Tags.
Cerulean Gym​
Spoiler:

Vermillion Gym​
Spoiler:

And that's where I stopped. Next update: Possibly another team member? Gotta decide if it's worth not evolving Eevee. A gym leader with a green thumb, and more than likely another encounter with Bruno.
Team​
This is also in Spoiler tags, because now it's getting a little lengthy.

Spoiler:

Dahlia411

That Crazy Video Gamer Girl
Years
I'm going to sign up and do the regular Monotype challenge. This is actually my first challenge!!

Username: Dahlia411
In-game name: Dahlia
Type: Psychic
Game: Diamond

I have a question to anyone who can answer:
Does this form have to be approved to start the challenge or can I start right now?
Thanks

Darksualc

Farm animal champion
Years
I'm going to sign up and do the regular Monotype challenge. This is actually my first challenge!!

Username: Dahlia411
In-game name: Dahlia
Type: Psychic
Game: Diamond

I have a question to anyone who can answer:
Does this form have to be approved to start the challenge or can I start right now?
Thanks

You can start right away. And good luck.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
(Admitedly, Water-Type would beat Ice-Type in a battle, but what about Snover/Abomasnow?)
Meh, I'm not talking about the best type, I'm just talking on a favorite basis. My favorite Pokemon is Starmie, second is Milotic, and generally, I like Water Types the best.

To whoever advised Shedinja: I did that for my Ghost Monotype. It proved difficult, as you can still be hit by Supersonic (which Magnemite and Magneton both have).

To whoever has strong feelings about soloing Monotypes: I frown upon using one Pokemon the entire time, but what I oftentimes find myself doing is having like a Nidoking and Nidoqueen for my Ground monotype, training them both until like the fourth gym, and then find myself only using Nidoking instead of both of them for the rest of the game. It ends up being a solo sort of, but not really.

Last edited:

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
Another pretty big update today. I did get the 4th Gym badge, however, I decided not to use Eevee. Just not worth it. Also, my Clefairy finally reached level 31 and learned metronome, so I used my Moon Stone.
Lets see... after beating Lt. Surge, I went back up to Cerulean, headed West (I think?) towards rock tunnel. After somehow clearing it without Flash, I headed to Lavender, battled Bruno in the Graveyard building, whatever it's called. He was owned, again. Then I headed to Celadon (this is when Clefairy learned Metronome) and entered team Rocket Hideout. While I was there, Pidgeotto learned Wing Attack (finally). I defeated Giovanni, and then shortly after beat Erika, she was a piece of cake, thanks to Pidgeotto, even though it was poisoned like the entire gym. Then I went back to Lavender and climbed the Graveyard place, beat all three Rocket Grunts there, and rescued Mr. Fuji, who didn't really need rescuing at all. Anyway, I got the Pokeflute and that's where it stops.

Coming up next!!!!!!: Sorry, but the only thing I really know about for sure is my 4th team member.

Team
Clefable
Spr_1b_036.png

Mage
level 35
Mega Punch
Thunderbolt
Metronome
Bubblebeam

Raticate
Spr_1b_020.png

Fang
Dig
Tail Whip
Double-edge
Hyper Fang

Pidgeotto
Spr_1b_017.png

Wingblade
level 34
Wing attack
Sand Attack
Quick Attack
Whirlwind

GrifSpark

Your personal livin' Pokedex
Years
After reading over my first post, I've realised just how long it is and how long it took to write. So I'm shrinking it slightly. Here we go!

Water MonoType Challenge #2

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back