• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Inspiration+Motivation

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I kind of wanted to talk about motivation, but I feel like it goes hand in hand with inspiration a lot of the time. What inspires you to actually do whatever kind of art you do? Is it an emotion? A sudden visual of what you want to make? And what inspires those? Your answers can be general or specific, whatever- but tell me what inspires you enough to actually sit down and work on something?

For me it's been my love of cartoons that gets me drawing. I like playing with different styles and feeling out how these characters work is a fun lil project for me. I watch the shows, maybe see a pose I want to do, attempt to recreate that, look through other fanart, etc. It's fun for me~ and I don't worry about making everything great or even good because I'm just messing around. And when I get stuck or bored I go watch the show again. :D

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
My art is usually inspired by a combination of various anime art styles and video game art styles. I also get inspired by my emotions. If I'm happy or upset, my art will sometimes reflect on that. Sometimes I draw as a means of relieving any built-up emotion.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
My art is usually inspired by a combination of various anime art styles and video game art styles. I also get inspired by my emotions. If I'm happy or upset, my art will sometimes reflect on that. Sometimes I draw as a means of relieving any built-up emotion.
I've always kind of wondered- like I draw when I'm upset or frustrated with other things, but my art almost never reflects the emotion I'm feeling because I'm using drawing as a distraction? But I know others like to vent their state of mind into their art. Is that how it works for you mostly?

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
My constant wanting to create something that other people enjoy is what motivates me mostly. That and always wanting to improve myself and the things I enjoy doing.

Years
I think the basic gist of mine is: I get ideas, and then I want to put those ideas down into a more tangible format. That's what inspired me to start drawing more in the first place, I wanted to be able to take ideas from my mind and put them into a medium where I could actually see them with my eyes. That's the driving force behind at least some of my fantasy art lately, since it will help me understand my ideas better. Either that or I think an idea is just cool and I'd like to be able to show it to others.

Although with any fanart I do it's mostly "I like these concepts and I want to make my own spin on them."

That's the neutral answer though, and that's not always the reason for what I do. There are times when it is a burst of strong emotion that drives me to make something - and those times are actually when I'm more motivated to work on stuff, provided I don't take too long in creating it. I get that emotion and I feel like I just have to make what's suddenly on my mind. Or I might not even have something specific on my mind, and I just need to make something colorful. That's happened before as well.

Back