• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Actually Shido, you can see the 2 Question Mark MissingNo. without cheating your game. It is possible, MissingNo. Master claims to have one and a boy I knew who no longer plays pokemon had one. He showed it to me. But a few months ago before I found out about here he restarted his games and sold them. I know he didn't cheat because he doesn't know what a GS is, and he is against cheating.

I'm SRing for Mewtwo obviously. I might play a little bit of Smash.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
Years
Ay, good luck all! Well, i havnt played yet today, nor last night, i was mainly on PC Rping lmfao XD well.. i might beat winona soon, depends if i feel like grsabbing my GBA and kicking her sorry little ***

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2008
Well, no offence but don't start complaining even if you don't catch it in a month or two. I've been at my Scyther Hunt for around 5-6 Months. I've had 4100 resets so far and it still hasn't given in.

By the way, I listen to music when I Shiny Hunt, just not Fall Out Boy -_- I prefer the suculent sounds of the Mortal Kombat Theme Song and Dragostei Din Tei. ^_^

Update: 4100 Resets, Scyther isn't budging. I sincerely hope that I'm not going to have to reach a number like MetalMario's!

Offtopic: Hi Kim! I haven't seen all these peoples in a long time...

<I>Kobra<I>
the Dance, Dance hunt for squirtle didn't go so well last nite....still no luck. BTW, dont worry Kobra....im not gonna complain. its just that im itching to start my firered game already, but i can't unless i get shiny squirtle first. >_< but anyways, good luck to you with your scyther. im just hoping i don't end up like metalmario...

willypiggy

パンケーキ! Yum!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 3, 2010
Well I did a few resets today but I think I'll be up all night EV training a salamance and gyarados as sweepers for the battle frontier :) Got my hair vut but it looks bad so yea O.o c ya later guys

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
mmsp are you going to add your sceptile to you tc

and btw good luck with shiny mewtwo

well no new shinys i am trying to get through my emerald but i am still trying to get sedinja well wish me luck bye

I'm waiting for MM to do it.

Well, everyone do the Shiny Dance for earlier today I got a shiny Mewtwo! It has a Sassy nature and I haven't trained it one level yet, I'm still admiring it... and well, I can't think of a good moveset and EV Spread for it. I wish it had something like Adamant, or even better, Modest.

My sights are now set on Latias COMPLETELY. That now 3 shinies where I could've gotten a shiny Latias.

Ullion

Years
Ok XD i hate you! :'( you've got 4+ shinies this month, elt alone these few weeks. Seriously.. XD
bah anyways grats on the new shiny....
haha.. i jus came back from havin a shower, but before that i beat winona and got to lilycove, she was prete ez... i used my new knoqwledge on EVs and abse stats etc to know that Altaria culdnt OHKO my blaziken. :P and well.. i pounded ehr down and she cried in defeat >:] lol.. well i'm off to Mt Pyre! lol XD

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
I've only gotten 3 shinies this month. Porygon, Treecko, and now Mewtwo.

However, I gotten 6 shinies since I obtained my shiny Charmander in July. I consider myself to be VERY lucky for that. I just hope I'm even luckier in D/P.

Oh, and we DON'T know if the chances of finding shinies has risen or lowered in D/P. So don't ask.

Years
and hasnt posted ina few weeks or so XD
neverthless..
nothing new! ha... i went to bed.. bout to turn on my GBA then decided not to adn dozed off.. XD lol oh well *sighs* i;m at the begining of the gym... not quite sure on how i'll kick her *** but still.. i;'m sure i won't lose :P... lol oh... haricut suggestions? Mohawk w/ green ahir! lmfao j/k... about the mohawk anyways... i;ve always thought green or blue ahir would look prete sweet lmfao..
EMO HAIR!! You know you want to! :P

I think I understand it a LITTLE better now... thanks

Oh, and the rumor about having a low ID was definitely not started by me. I've just said the stronger the correlation between the visible ID and the secret ID, the more often the RNG spits out the number for a pokemon to be shiny... that is correct, right?
I'll explain, leaving out the unimportant facts: For each Pokémon you battle, a random number between 0 and 8191 is drawn. There's also a number associated with your save file between 0 and 8191. If the two match, you have a shiny. The number associated with your save file is competely hidden. My hypothesis is that some numbers are drawn more regularly than others, implying that some save files will have a higher encounter rate than others. This is a theory only.

And by any chance, would you happen to know when Suicune/Entei/Raikou's values are set in FR/LG?

Edit: I like the thing you did with your sig. Very funny.
It's based off something from Star Trek TNG. Data was losing to Worf in poker, which he attributed to random chance--therefore, a temporary situation. Jeordi responds, "you hope!"

16789 Treeckos seen.

And I'll get to the cards fairly shortly.

willypiggy

パンケーキ! Yum!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 3, 2010
omg MMSP do you have a shiny ritual or something? You are so lucky! Well anyway I did a few more resets im at about 300ish now but meh, as normall nothing.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
OK, MM, next time I won't assume things :) Though I'm very interested in how you arrived at that hypothesis.

Willypiggy, tbh, I have no ritual. I do have a tradition though. I ALWAYS soft reset on FR in the Black GBA. Oh, that is another detail I left out, I got shiny Mewtwo early this morning on the Black GBA. Like all my other FR shinies. I'm pretty sure it is just coincidence because I doubt the type of Game Boy Advance you play would affect the chances of seeing a shiny.

Edit: Oh, and my sights aren't set completely on Latias anymore :) I just remembered I've yet to get that elusive shiny Lapras. Though I'll still be mainly SRing for Latias, I'll get in a couple in for Lapras here and there.

Ullion

Years
Oh cool, i finally get what MM is trying to say! haha XD wow i feeel so dumb, well im at lilycove, i need 2 infiltrate aquabase (i beta maxie alrede) so ye >.>
btw... SEADRA IS WICKED AWESOME! i cant wait til he evolves.. i think its actually a she.. but w/e..

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
My current targets are:

FireRed: Mewtwo
Ruby: Ruby
Emerald: Groudon
Sapphire: Kyogre(once I get that far)

They are in order of which I am most interested in getting.

I'm surprised no one noticed that.

Okay, once again, I lied about who my next target is. I've yet to get a shiny from Pokemon Emerald, so I'm shiny hunting for Beldum on that.

Emerald: Beldum
Ruby: Latias
FireRed: Scyther/Lapras(I'm having trouble deciding right now)
Sapphire: Playing through(I only have one badge)

Years
hello guys i am going to buy some more dratinis the thought of have a shiny team got me thinking

i think this would be my shiny team that i am trying to construct
charizard:have already
dragonite:hunting
regirock:hunting
and if you want to add three more that will be fine with me well bye

edit:
well my dratini hunt didnt go as well i wanted it but i will keep on buying three at a time then sr until one is shiny what is the best nature for shiny dragonite?

Last edited:

Ullion

Years
+Spatk -something >.> so look on serebii and find his lowest abse stat. XD lol... and then teach him dragon claw, ice beam, thunder bolt and most team amkers round ehre say substitue i think >.> *cant quite remember*

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2008
well, i still haven't found the shiny squirtle yet....*looks evilly at MMSP* but as usual, im not giving up. i played ruby for a couple hours, hunting for the shiny electrike on that, but no luck.

Back