• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Years of Lies [IC] [Best Veteran Q2 '12]

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
Years
Chapter 3- Mammon - ???

"Just because I'm not from the Overworld like you, doesn't mean the girls are all biker chicks. Actually, hardly. We wear whatever suits our tastes." I said, on a more serious note. This boy was fun company to have. He knew how to be funny and lighthearted. Lucifier, on the other hand...

"Shush, you. I AM immortal, so there's plenty of time to fall for you at some point." I wave this off with my hand, and continue to watch the vampires. What the heck were they doing? That little girl just plopped like... A hundred towels into a puddle and just stood there... Weird.

My attention turned back to Raike, as he asked about how I met Bernkastel. Uh... Plenty complicated, but I was confident that I could summarize it. "Let's see... It wasn't that long ago, really. I met her just after Lucifier, but I think I'm her favorite~ Luci can be a bit of military, no-nonsense type, so~ Anyways. She summoned me so that she could make a contract. Now she can summon me whenever she wants~!" I grin at the last bit of his question, and twirl the toothbrush around in my fingers. In two seconds, it's a knife. "Pretty hard to restrict me, though. I can morph anything to my liking. I can turn this knife into a puppy. Or an axe murderer or something. It's the ability I was granted with. Demons from the Underworld are much more unique than the ones on this end."

Chapter 3 - Marisa Ryunatta - Vampire District

I pouted cutely at Kerin's laughter. Uu... When Fang came up to investigate, he was chuckling too. I frowned, before hugging into Kerin. "Meeewwww~" I wailed. I didn't know what was so funny! Maybe they knew the towel family was incapable of such a hard job... Hm.

"A mop? But that isn't fun! Towels are fun! Hau... I wish I knew water magic... Fang?" The boy to my left, shrugged, and began to scoop up the wet towels. A servant was about to inherit the laundry job tonight...

Just then, and unexpectedly, Shiro came up. At first I was worried that she would stumble over the railings and off the edge, but... She was oddly walking... Normally. I immediately put my guard up. Maybe I didn't put all the morphine into veins... Maybe it wore off, and she was going to attack us. Fang looked back at Shiro, and smiled.

"Hey there. You can help, right?" Shiro didn't answer, and instead began grabbing towels. Maybe she couldn't.... Wait, what was she doing? Taking the towels, she arranged them to be against the railing, so after a few minutes, the wet towels traced the roofs edge. She made sure the towels were connected, before mumbling something about rain. She came to about the center of the rooftop, kneeled down, and began mumbling some more. Alright, she was pretty stran- Wait. What?

"....?" I watched as all the water on the roof, began to slide away from Shiro's position in the center. When I listened, I could actually hear that the water was falling through the towels and railing, and off the edge! Cool! Within about a minute, the place was spotless of water. I beamed, since that trick was almost as cool as the one Bern did. Shiro, not aknowledging that she helped us, went off to sit in a corner beside the greenhouse. Fang blinked a bit, before smiling. "There. She's not all bad. She just needed medicine for her pain." I nodded in agreement, and quickly went to work fixing everything up. "Bern will be here soon~!"

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
"... Cool," was all Kerin could say. Not sarcastically, he was quite amazed. Second lot of magic in one day, a record! Surely he's be seeing a lot more once the games started, but probably not in a harmless kind of way. Shiro skulked off after her bit was done. Kerin blinked at her, then shrugged. Okay, whatever. At least the popcorn wasn't going to get damp.

Okay, so what else did they need? Nothing, as far as Kerin could tell. Music could be heard from Marisa's room, food was here, people were here and coming. That was it, wasn't it? Kerin ducked back into Marisa's room and checked a clock. It was almost twenty to. He went back out to the rooftop, Marisa was doing something or other. Wait... lights. It wasn't bright enough here. Kerin headed back again into her room and grabbed a few lamps. A dozen, maybe. There were so many of them around the place, Kerin was sure nobody would really care. They had bucket loads of money anyways. He took off all the lamp shades and pulled out the insides, keeping the base and lightbulb connected to all the wires. Then, he striped the ends of the wires of the plastic outer coating with his fingernails and twisted the positive wire to the negative wire on another bulb, wrapping the two wires closely together so that they wouldn't fall out of place. He continued the process until he had fourteen or fifteen bulbs on a long wire, like enormous fairy lights. He plugged it in to test it. At first, it didn't work. He frowned and tightened all the bulbs in their bases. After he got to the sixth or seventh, all of the lights suddenly flickered, then beamed brightly. He smiled. Well, at least he wasn't totally useless. This was basic wiring. He had to know a little since his inexpensive and crappy bass always needed a tune up. He gathered them up and quickly looked at the clock. Almost five to. Okay. He brought them up to the roof and started hanging them up, then plugged it in into the generator next to the barbecue.

"Hey Marisa! Look at this," he pointed at them as they fllickered on. It was... pretty, was the only word Kerin could find. Quite pretty.

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
Years
"Haha, I never said that all girls in the underworld had to be biker chicks. Thats what the girls in my district always wear, unless going to some kind of formal event... or formal schools.-I shivered slightly after saying that, then trying to picture myself all dressed up to go to some school everyday, five days a week. I would be completely miserable, might even lead a rebellion against the staff. "I prefer those kinds of girls anyway, free spirited, not afraid to go casual." I said, looking away.

After hearing her second response, I chuckled slightly, but chose not to pursue it. It didn't really seem like I would be able to tease her any longer with that anyway.-

"Lucifer, huh? That wouldn't happen to be... the snake "tattoo" that moved around her body, would it?" I said, before moving on as if I had never said anything. "She made a contract with you... so that she can summon you whenever... but there is a price no? As far as I know, those types of contracts always have certain prices..."

-Seeing the knife I took hold of it by the blade. It took almost no effort for me to melt that blade down with my magic, before drawing a fancy "M" with my finger in the metal, and cooling it by taking the heat from it, and back into his own body. Picking up the metal from the molten pool with my bare hands, I examined it for a few seconds before offering it to Mammon.-

"I can morph things too... well kinda. Don't worry, it's not hot."

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
Years

"They're really pretty, Kerin-sama!" I cried out. My eyes sparkled in awe as I looked at the string of lights. Kerin was really amazing to make something like this. He was kind, protective, creative, and really strong! There was probably only one person in the entire world that was as amazing as he was. And that person was...

"...It's beautiful. Creative, really..." The woman stood at the top of the stairs; a hand resting on the smooth steel railing. Bernkastel Vermillia. "This is more than what I expected. The lights really do add a nice touch. I'm impressed." I stared at her for a moment. This was the beautiful, young woman who slept through the screams of a man having his body eaten away by acid. The demon that has killed countless people indirectly. The girl who claimed she was dead, was in a dress.

"... I did not know if I was supposed to dress for this occassion." She explained. Her hair was untouched, but she still had the witches' hat atop her head. The dress was simple, yet it fit her profile so well. It was a fine black dress, that came down past her heels. It was one of those breathable, casual dresses. The ones that didn't cling to your belly button. But she wasn't just wearing the dress. She also had on a plain black jacket that was about to her thighs. That, was kept undone. She wore the same shoes and stockings as she did with her previous outfit, too. Her dusk-colored wings were crossed behind her back, with the feathers curling into view at her hips. Those pools of emerald, focused on me.

I beamed. "Bern!"

Chapter 3- Mammon - Underworld

I huffed, when he explained what he meant by the comment. Good Lord... I may not be from the Overworld, but he didn't seem to have a problem in giving me a hard time. He wasn't the slightest bit daunted that I could, quite possibly, kill him with the flick of my wrist! What was the world coming to?

"Yeah, Lucifier is the tattoo." I confirmed. "He's normally in that form because it takes a lot less energy to be a tattoo, than to morph into a humanoid form. We're not aloud to show our real appearances in the Overworld, so we usually are just in forms recongnizable here." I paused, to think through his question. "I can't say how she paid for the contract, but I can tell you she got a bargain." I grinned, thinking about that moment... Not long ago where Bernkastel appeared in the Underworld; determined to get a contract with us...

I watch the human with curious eyes as he melts my knife, and engraves my first initial into it. I smile. "So you know fire magic? That's quite interesting, for a human. I'm sure Bern will take it into consideration if you ask her for an alliance. But, I suggest only showing your magic capabilities to her."

My eyes trailed to the fancy fixture of lights one of the vampires created. Fluttering over bya lightbulb, was a pink-ish moth. I straightened up, and looked around at the few strange things now at the vampire's tower. The moth. Over on the railing was a white crow. On top of the greenhouse, was a black lizard. And finally, there was a grey cat perched on the stairs. I tilted my head, and pointed these four things out. "Those are the other demons like me. Bernkastel must be clo- Oh, there she is." I nodded at the building, as she came outside and onto the roof. "Wonder why everyones out..."

Years
Chapter 3- Xavier Ray Harrah (x) Paris Junibe - Demon District

(All 'I' paragraphs are from Paris's point-of-view.)

My cheeks were brushed a light pink when the boy laid down and gazed at me. For once, I could see the eyes normally concealed beneath his hair. Maybe I shouldn't have come to Bernkastel's defense. Who cared if I was two feet from Xavier Ray Harrah? Bern wasn't here to stop me. I smiled at Xavier. "Are you going to bed?" I asked innocently, fiddling with my lemo-yellow pajama shirt.

Xavier raised his eyebrows when Paris's cheeks suddenly changed into a light pink tint. "....?" He poked the left cheek, noting how it was slightly warm. Well, warmer than regular body temperature. She smiled at Xavier, asking this question innocently, "Are you going to bed?" Xavier shrugged. "....If I can.....I don't think I will if I have to be here alone....I usually have my dog lay beside me......." He blinked innocently.

"!!!" I squeezed my eyes closed when his finger reached out and poked my cheek. What was he doing?! I opened one of my eyes, and looked at him. "I can stay with you," I offered.

Xavier blinked when he heard Paris's proposal, and he stared for a few moments. "......" Well, it's better than nothing, Xavier. He moved closer to her, moving an arm around her form. "....Deal...No touchies....." He layed his head down on the pillows. "......"

"You're the one touching me..." I smiled, but dealt with it. Curling my arms into my own body, I resisted the urges tempting me. "You should trust me more," I whispered, closing my eyes and curling my head in automatically. How awkward. Especially if Bern walked in. Yikes. She'd murder me. No joke.

"You're the one touching me..." Xavier sighed, knowing well that what she was saying, was indeed right. The only reason why he was touching her, is because him and Toro slept like this. Xavier would pull Toro into him, and his dog would coo into him. Ugh. THat means Paris would have to touch him for him to be comfortable. Fan-tastic. "You should trust me more." Slowly, he whispers to her. "....Fine. Touchies are allowed......."

"Yes!' I smirked inwardly, and carefully nestled myself into him. No funny business. I needed him to trust me. I kept my eyes closed, and with each move I made, I was careful not to go over what I could do. My arm found its way over him, and I relaxed myself. "....."

Xavier calmed when she nestled herself into him. It was...comfortable, he could say. He could get some sleep now at least. "....." Xavier didn't protest her moving an arm around him, but instead moved closer against her, and closed his eyes shut. "....."

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
"Bern!" Marisa called out behind Kerin. He spun around to see the demon standing there, in a... beautiful black, simple dress, her dark wings and hat complimenting it nicely. She looked a lot nicer than Kerin did anyway. He looked down glumly at his own attire. Jeans, converse shoes, white tee, blue hoodie and his biker cuff. He would probably be wearing his parka if Marisa wasn't already. He was severely under dressed compared to the demon. Oh well.

"Not really creative," Kerin laughed at Bernkastel. "Just... smart I guess. Simple wiring stuff. I couldn't have a dozen lamps out here, could I?" He rubbed at his face. Smart wasn't the right word either. He wasn't smart at all, he didn't even go to high school. Well, he couldn't. He was too busy... you know, well, whatever. Spontaneous? Innovative? ... Convenient? It didn't matter than much. He moved over to the table and grabbed a handful of M&Ms and shoved them all into his mouth, chewed them quickly and swallowed. Well, they tasted great.

"Anyways, hi Bernkastel," he moved over to Marisa and stood next to her. God, he didn't know what to do. He'd never been to a real party before. Except those lame church parties his father had. Surely Marisa had an idea?

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
Years
Chapter 3- Bernkastel Vermillia - Demon District

"Anyways, hi Bernkastel,"

My gaze raised to Kerin. The change in clothing seemed to have not been needed. Although, my regular clothing may also be considered formal in this situation. It was, most likely, more awkward for them than it was for me. What to do... What to do... I could always have Mammon change my clothes, but... Would I be willing to take the risk that these vampires do not become my allies? Then again, if I used her to change my outfit, they may feel guilty and say something along the lines of; "Oh, you didn't have to change", which would make me automatically change back, which would make the situation more awkward. Was I thinking about this too much? I think I was.

Wheither Kerin realized this or not, not every teenager knows 'basic' wiring like this. So, already I was interested in Kerin's capabilities. There was also Fang and Marisa too, but I knew much about Marisa already. Oh, there was also Shiro. Upon further inspection, I saw her hiding beside the greenhouse. She must have been the one that dried off the roof for our use.

Calmly, I walked over to Kerin. "... I've never been to a party before. People are almost quite commonly afraid to even talk to me.... Bern. Call me Bern, please." I looked down at Marisa, whom was in turn, looking up at me. "I'm going to suppose that this party will be mostly to get to know eachother..." I looked over at Fang, whom had taken notice to the odd moth flying over by the lights. "In order to get to know eachother, lets agree to not lie. That in of itself should be a simple task. Simplicity leads to allies. Understand?" Marisa gives me a little nod, before sliding behind Kerin. "I'm sorry. I just thought the statement would be nesessary." Fang has now noticed the lizard. Wonder how long it'll take until he sees the cat or crow or... I glance over at the Human District Tower.

It's no miracle that I can see them in the darkness of the night. Demons just have extraordinary eyesight. So do angels. It's common ground, because both species fly, and need to be able to see clearly. Mammon and Raike are sitting up on the roof. Mammon... With Raike?

I listen to the music being broadcasted from Marisa's room for a moment. The silver cat with they red eyes, is now off the stairs and underneath the tables. Fang is raising his eyebrows at me, because it's quite I'm the cause of these strange appearances. He moves cautiously over to us, and spots the crow which has perched over by Shiro.

"Uh, Bern?" He asks. The pink moth lands on my hat, but I don't wave it away. This makes Fang nervous. He makes a face and moves around on his feet. I can't help it now. I smile ever so lightly.

"What? Don't tell me you're afraid of a cute moth..."

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
"I've never been to a party before. People are almost quite commonly afraid to even talk to me.... Bern. Call me Bern, please. I'm going to suppose that this party will be mostly to get to know eachother. In order to get to know eachother, lets agree to not lie. That in of itself should be a simple task. Simplicity leads to allies. Understand?" Her gaze switches between the four of us as she finishes each sentence. As she finished the rhetorical question, Kerin felt Marisa creeping behind him. She was being a little ominous, Kerin had to admit. Though Marisa seemed to know Bern a little or something, the way she had been talking about her before. Or was that like the same way people talk about celebrities? Bernkastel's gaze trailed back to Marisa. "I'm sorry. I just thought the statement would be nesessary."

"Well, Bern, neither have I," Kerin took his time with the word Bern. It was like Burn. Burn, Burn-kah-stel. Well, Bern was easier to say, though Bernkastel was far more interesting. "I was never invited to any," he gave a small laugh. He was a little nervous, yeah, but this was for the good of all of them, right? Kerin would just have to grow a bigger set of balls and suck it in. This was for Marisa's safety, after all! Kerin breathed in. Ah, better! "Sure, no lies. Agreed." What could he possibly have to lie about anyways? It's not like there was anything remotely worth hiding in his life.

Kerin's eyes flickered as he saw something move near the table. As he looked over, there was nothing he could see. He squinted though he wasn't bothered enough to physically get on his knees and look under it.

"Uh, Bern?" Kerin looked over at Fang and followed his eyes over to Bernkastel. What was he looking a-- oh. A moth? That was it?

"What? Don't tell me you're afraid of a cute moth," Bernkastel gave a small smile. Kerin looked back and forward between the two. Seriously, what was the big deal? Kerin had seen moths before. Maybe not pink ones, but Bernkastel was a girl with a snake tattoo on her arm. A snake tattoo that moved. Nothing surprised him much at the moment. Well, except for Shiro, because she was just... weird.

"Uh," Kerin blinked. It would help if maybe this scene wasn't so awkward. What was going on? Would Marisa know? Oh, that brain thing was still connected in. He concentrated his thoughts and tried to make them aloud without speaking. Nrrgghh, this was still weird. 'Hey Marisa, can you hear me? ... Um, what do we do now?'

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
Years
-I was slightly amused with the look Mammon gave me when we were talking. She seemed to wonder why I was so comfortable talking to her when she could kill me easily, probably by some weird incantation or maybe just by cutting my throat. I wasn't really sure of that answer myself, maybe it was just because I had nothing to lose and I knew that. My death wouldn't bring great suffering to my district, and my winning wouldn't bring me too much joy either, having nothing and nobody to take that victory home to.-

"Well, I knew it was some kind of binding agreement, because that's what it usually is. You are a demon... no offence, so you could probably kill me right now right, no effort? It would make the game a bit more easy for you guys, so why have you not done it yet?" I murmured.

-When I heard Mammon explain that the possibility for an alliance with Bernkastel was quite fair, if I showed her my powers, I scoffed. It was a common steriotype, especially around demons, that humans were weak, no matter what they could do. Then again, when I thought about it, Bern didn't seem to follow the crowd like that... As I turned my attention back to the "party zone" I began to see certain creatures beggining to gather around that area.-

"Those are Demons like me... Bern must be clo-" said Mammon, cutting off just as Bernkastel stepped onto the balcony. She looked... beautiful, at least in my eyes. Still, what was going on down there was supposed to be a party, and that wasn't exactly, party attire. She started socializing with the others, and then, through the colorful lights, I felt her eyes lock on to our position, but only for a few seconds. We had been spotted... oh well; I tossed her a mischevious smile, along with a peace sign before turning back to Mammon with a blank face.-

"Why are you going to kill Fausto? Natruo is no longer within him, so he is no longer a danger... so why? And also why haven't you at least punished me for... well you know."

-For some strange reason, my face had become slightly hotter, so I turned my face back to those on the balcony, sighing. I looked down slightly, and a shadow from my hair concealed my eyes.-

"Jeebus...these people don't know how to party at all..."

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
Years

Who knew Bernkastel was so... Awkward? It was obvious she was attempting to be friendly, but was doing it all wrong. She sounded like she was threatening us. Which, would work quite well seeing as she could set us on fire or electrocute us or something.... And then, there was Fang's cautious behavior to take into consideration. Why was he eyeing that moth like---...

Kerin's thoughts came into my head. I was expecting him to forget about the tranceiver. I smiled, coming out from behind Kerin and giving Bern a big hug. 'She's not a people person, so I think we should sit down until she has relaxed! Uuu... Fang needs to relax too. But that moth is still kinda creepy. Have you seen the white crow yet? Over by Shiro!' I looked over in her direction quickly, before smiling up at Bernkastel.

"Mew! Okeeii!" I cried out happily. Although, my thoughts were trailing to the creepy things around us. Moth...Crow... Lizard... What else wasn't I seeing? They were definitely with Bern. I've never seen a white crow before. Or maybe it's a raven? I couldn't tell. The moth was kinda cute... The lizard, with its pea-green skin blended in with the potted plant just outside the greenhouse. What WERE they? Good? Bad? Friendly? Well, one name to find out.

I took in a big breath. "Does Ms. Moth have a name?" I asked innocently. Bern looks down at me with questioning eyes, before answering calmly.

"Alice. Her name is Alice."

I cocked my head curiously, as he gave Bern one of his smiles, along with a peace sign. What the heck was he doing? I stared at him for a moment, before giving off a short laugh. Wasn't he a piece of work...

"There is the stereotype that demons from the Underworld or "Hell" are vile, unforgiving, eat your limbs and all that jazz. Do I fit that? You better say no." I smile widely. He was a real cool guy. I hadn't had this much fun with a human since... Never. "You do strike a good point, but~" I pause to poke his shoulder. "Bern told me not to kill anyone besides Fausto. Even if I was aloud to kill you, I wouldn't! Because I think you're kinda cute~!" I can't help but tease him again. I stick my tongue out and give him a quick wink.

I laugh even more, and nearly fall off the ledge. The heck? Punishment? "Well, I wouldn't be killing him, if it wasn't for a good reason, right? Believe it or not, he's very threatening to Bern~!" I grin at him widely. The two of us just love teasing eachother, it seemed. "Punish you? Jeez. You hardly did anything worth that. But if you're that worried about getting punished..." I flick his forehead. "There you go!"

Last edited:

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
Years
The shadow that covered my face soon disappeared, and allowed a small smile to form on my lips. The girl had jokes I admitted to myself, almost the same sarcastic nature I posessed. This didn't mean that I would let her win at my game.

"Well, you aren't vile... apparently you forgave me already so thats out. You don't look like you have mouth for eating limbs... but I'm not sure if you listen to jazz or not, so no, you don't fit that, lucky for you. If you did, I might have to call Von Helson on you; I mean I know he hunts vampires... but he might also do demons too.

Anyway, I still don't approve of you killing Fausto. I mean, the guy's a dick, but you can't just kill people just because of that." I sighed again, but a smile soon came tugging at my lips again as she attempted to tease me once more. I looked at her for a moment, tilting my head to one side before looking back to the sky with a slight grin. " You're not too bad yourself Mam, but lets try and keep the poking to the minimum? Or maybe just touching in general, stuff like leaning on me and whatnot... meh." That was a normal rule for me, since I could speak. Then again she was the closest thing I had to a friend here, so it wouldn't matter too much. I flinched slightly as she plucked my forehead, and scowled, pushing her slightly.

"Well that wasn't very nice."

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
Years

"Von who? Pft. Don't expect me to know him. I think I'd remember if I heard a name like Von before. Some famous vampire hunter? Well, I'll let you in on a little secret..." I lean towards Raike's ear; even covering my mouth like I don't want the stone ledge to hear. "Ironically, there is a used-to-be human vampire hunter here. They're a vampire now!" I grin widely as I pull back.

"Oh jeez. Not like he'll win the Games... He'll just be very troublesome for Bern. Remember? She wasn't kidding when she said there wasn't going to be a 'winner' this year. Or next year...Or the year after that... Shall I continue? I think you get the point." I am pushed slightly by him, in reaction to my flicking. I laugh and nudge him back.

"That wasn't very nice yourself! Don't go asking for punishment if you're gonna whine about it~" Was he my friend? I do believe so. He was quite fun to hang out with. What was that stereotype again? "A friend of mine says you'll live looonnnggg in the games, just to let you know! I hate that stereotype about humans as well... I think they have a hidden potential. Do you know what makes humans different from everything else? Well, besides the fangs, wings...Claws? Do vampires have claws? Anyways. It's that because they are underestimated so much, it's easy for them to win a fight. Heck, Zane was beaten by a human once! But maybe that's because he's soooo weak." I grin. "Don't tell him or he'll suffocate me with his hairballs. Ew."

Last edited:

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
Years
Raike groaned, shaking his head slightly before speaking. "First of all, Von Helson was a vampire to begin with. Second, I think I know who you speak of... That Fang kid, or Kerin... or someone else. I regret not paying too much attention to that group before, but I know that one of them used to be human, cause I've seen them around my district before..."

As I am shoved and then mini lectured, I grinned. Were demons ticklish? I decided to test it out by executing a quick light tickle to her side, before pulling back. " Who said I was whining about you flicking me eh? You may have seen it as whining, but others may perceive it differently; didn't think about that did you? Then again, most people would see that as whining, and of course I don't, but then maybe I should, but why- I stopped and looked at her face before snickering. I had done my weird indesicive debate thing again.

"Sorry about that.... Anyway, why should I trust the word of this friend of yours? I'm glad you don't believe that steriotype, because it's pretty annoying. I still doubt that I would be able to touch Natruo or any other god though. I wouldn't be of much use to Bern..." I paused for a moment before speaking again. "How exactly were you treated where you came from?"

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
Years

"Like I was supposed to know that!" I whined playfully. Jeez. I hardly knew anyone from the Overworld... Was he really expecting me to know some vampire who is also a vampire hunter? Haven't interacted with a vampire in... How many years? Twenty? "Yea, the Fang kid. What's funny is, all four of them are connected to your district, one way or another." I am just beginning to shrug, when he reaches over and does some sort of finger-wiggling to my side. I am beginning to protest, when I feel a jolt go through and I squirm; nearly falling off the ledge. I hold in a laugh, as I place my hand protectively over that spot. What the heck was that? Magic? Did he electrocute me or something? I pouted. "What was THAT for?"

I raise my eyebrows at him when he begins debating with me on the definition of whining. When he pauses, I take the time to gesture as if I'm making a noose, before raising my hand, sticking my tongue out, and closing my eyes. "You're killing me, here." I laugh out, the second I erase the act. It's a nice laugh. Not a mean one. A nice, small laugh. "Well, sorry~! I didn't think you'd appreciate me going into your mind and chilling in there."

"Huh? Why should you trust him? Because he knows literally everything and he's as boring as a brick. I could get him for you if you don't believe me. He's reeeaaaalllyyy boring. Almost as much as a salad!" I pause, giving him a questioning look. He wanted to know how I was treated in the Underworld?... Oh. Broad topic. "The Underworld? Well... I don't know how anyone under level seven is treated... Um. We don't have parents, so we follow guidance from the leader of that level. I'm on the highest level, so I work under Ashura! He's usually quite nice and friendly, but I've seen him WAY scary back in 2400." I shiver. "I'm like... His servant. But his servants are treated mostly like his pals. We don't have many rules to follow, so it's quite fun!"

Last edited:

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
Years
"Yeah, who's whining now Mammon?" I said, laughing a bit. "Well, that was my first guess, so I'm just going to say that I'm right. I don't see how ALL of them are connected to my district, then again I don't care at the moment." I said this not in a rude manner, but just stating a fact. The knowledge of their pasts wasn't vital to my own survival, so I really didn't need to know.

That was one of the weird things about me, I could sometimes be logical, but mostly illogical. I got a very mischievous grin as she reacted as hoped to the tickling. From the way she looked, it also seemed she had no idea at all what the act of tickling was... interesting. As she made the form of a noose with her hand and then acted as if she were choking, he got the point, and apologized again, joining her in the laughter that followed.

I held my hand out in front of her, in an attempt to keep her from falling; even if she could fly, he didn't think anyone would like the sensation falling gave you. "That, is for breaking the contact rule... and so is this." I said as I executed the action once more, dodging her hand and reaching around her body to the other side. "That would be what we call in my district, "tickling", which is meant to make the receiver laugh."

"Huh? Why should you trust him? Because he knows literally everything and he's as boring as a brick. I could get him for you if you don't believe me. He's reeeaaaalllyyy boring. Almost as much as a salad!" said Mammon, and I tilted my head to one side, closing my eyes and moving on from the topic.

"The Underworld? Well... I don't know how anyone under level seven is treated... Um. We don't have parents, so we follow guidance from the leader of that level. I'm on the highest level, so I work under Ashura!" She said to answer my previous question. My mouth formed into a light frown, as I realized that we were both slightly alike, and also very different at the same time. We both didn't have any parents, but the way we were treated back where were were from, was completely different.

"In my district, I'm kind of an outcast. Those people don't like me, they might even hate me, not like I care..." The shadow once again formed, concealing my eyes from her view.

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
Years

"Can...You...Stop...Doing...That?!" I managed to breathe out. Alright. I hated 'tickling'. Loathed. It made me feel vulnerable. Which, was not an every-day feeling to me. Rarely did I feel vulnerable. Thank the Lord he had his arm out in front of me, or I would have tumbled right off the ledge. His arm was rather sturdy to lean against, too.

Once he stopped tickling me, I huffed; scooting a few inches away to show my disapproval. However, I was quick to move back. Outcast? Say whaaaat? "You? An outcast? But aren't ugly people or nerds supposed to be outcasted? Stereotypically, if course... But you're DEFINITELY not ugly. Nerd? Sure aren't acting like one. I think you're pretty cool, and everyone in your district are just a bunch of wiener-heads." I grinned, wrapping an arm over his shoulder. "I'll still be your friend! Even if you're old and wrinkly! .... I always wanted to steal an old person's teeth..." I dazed off as if dreaming, but snapped back to face him. "Me and Bern aren't really on the same page, so that makes you my first new friend in about....Fifty years? Good Lord I'm old..." I toss my hair and pretend to look for split-ends and grey hair; which, I obviously won't find.

Last edited:

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
Years
"Whaaat? I didn't know you disliked it that much." My arm, nor my body moved as he felt her weight push against it. I laughed for a few seconds after she moved, but stopped when she returned.

"Yeah, I'm an outcast I guess, but I kinda like it that way. I like to sometimes think on the bright side. See, as an outcast, nobody really talks to me, or try's to lecture me at all. Also, I can make all the trouble I want, and since I have certain home, those fools never know where to find me. Also, as you can see, or rather feel, you get really strong, well you kinda have too, because you must be able to fend for yourself, and if strength fails, well, I can always burn the little buggers."

Slight surprise showed on my face as I felt her arm wrap around my shoulder and was drawn slightly closer. "I'll still be your friend! Even if you're old and wrinkly!" She said before grinning at me, and then making some kind of remark about stealing an old persons dentures. I allowed a small genuine smile to form on his lips; a friend huh? She had broken the contact rule... again, but I decided to permit it.

"You and Bern not on the same page? That's kinda weird, but I guess appearances can be deceiving, I got proof of that with you and those demons down there." As she went on to look for gray hair and split ends, I glanced down at the training grounds, and felt an idea hatch in my mind. "Do you fight well, Mammon?"

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
Years

"It makes me feel vulnerable..." I admitted quietly, picking at my nails.

"Haha! That's very true, Raike! Well, I can get away with anything as long as Eashura isn't watching. Ashura is extremely forgiving. You know that bible stuff about the Demon Lord Satan? I suppose you could say Eashura was him. But Ashura is the complete opposite! I swear, he's a peace-loving hippy!" I snorted, but quickly looked around to make sure he wasn't going to suddenly...You know, push me off the ledge.

"Well, ya. We don't have much in common. She doesn't like weapons... She's oh-so-serious... You get the point. I'm the only demon servant with a sense of humor, too." I shrug, releasing my arm off of him when he asks if I'm good at fighting. I grin. "Hm.... Not big on offensive hand-to-hand... I'm more into manifestation and void magic. But, I do know my share of defensive combat... What're you thinking, Raike?"

Last edited:

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
Years
"Vulnerable, haha, might want to reword that Mammon." I said while snickering to myself. It was a stupid child's joke but I didn't really care too much. Mammon mentioned that Bernkastel and herself were not as close as I had originally thought, but I could see it now. Bern was ALWAYS serious, but at seemed that Mammon was completely different, and as far as I was concerned, truly the only demon servant with a sense of humor.

She also said that her style of fighting wasn't really hand to hand combat, but more of a spell caster. I wondered if she might be able to teach me a few spells that might be useful during the games. Then again, those might be elemental, and the only element I could control, was fire. Just as I thought of the word, a white ball of fire appeared in my hand. Noticing that those below might be able to see, I muttered two words under his breath, from a language almost forgotten in this world.

"Brakka brisingr" And as I said it, the flame reduced in size to that of a pea. Without taking my eyes from the flame, I began to speak. "Might you be able to teach me a few spells Mammon?"

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
Years

"Shush! I don't like tickling and that's that!" I pouted. My cheeks became lightly brushed in warmth, and I quickly turned my head away. But, I was smiling. I wonder if Raike was vulnerable to tickling... Well, I would look stupid if he wasn't. I decided to keep my hands to myself, and watch the white flame in his hand diminish to almost nothing. Just a speck of its former existance.

"...Wait, you want me to teach you magic?" Alright. That was a first. The thing with contracts, was that the contractor would have full access to all spells I could cast myself. That even included manifestation. I had never needed to teach someone what I knew before... "Sure! Fire magic, right? That'll be kinda noticeable here... Wanna go somewhere fun?" I grinned widely. Yeeessss.... A very fun and interesting place. I held out a finger, as a butterfly manifested. A butterfly of red flames. Not fire, but pure energy. I loved making things like this. The energy that makes magic, is normally not seen. However, since I manipulation manifestation... I can make the unseen, seen. Manifest objects without a break in my powers. Overworld creatures could use rock or melted metal to mold their objects, but it took a bit of effort, time, and not to mention, a stone shaped like a gun wouldn't actually be able to do it's purpose. True manifestation was a hard technique that required years of practice. Me? I was created with the ability. Lucky me. "Lets get outta here!"

Last edited:
Back