• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Official September CoroCoro Discussion Thread -- Mega Evolutions, New Pokémon, More!

How do you feel about the Mega Evolutions?

• Total voters
Years
Longer I think about this the more I think this is bit of a bad idea. The power creep can settle in very quickly and it won't go away very easily.

Nobody was really expecting this, but then it could well be a success.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I really wanna see a Mega Evolution of Luxray, I'd imagine lightning-like markings interconnecting all over its body, larger body frame, longer mane.
And give it the dark typing while you're at it GF. It's a good chance to add a typing to pure typed Pokémon who seemed like they could have another one.

Years
Ash sees each and ever Pika clone... they're never really relevant other Pikachu befriending them for a moment.

What about Emolga and Pachi? They were heavily involved in the story line given that Iris and Dawn both traveled with one. For me, these two clones were really nice additions since they were much different from pikachu. Though both electric rodents, one was a squirrel and the other a flying squirrel (similar to a sugar-glider) which are both distinct species. I would have preferred a gerbil or jerboa. Who knows though, this might be more hamster or gerbil like in action; it is very round and lacks a defined neck. So, I am not gonna completely chop this up to being too Raichu-like until I see the gameplay. Other than that, it is undeniably cute.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
Just imagine Mega Arcanine and Mega Houndoom! OMG...

and I find comfort in the fact that they gave the most overpowered starter Pokemon one of these formes... that's confirmation enough for me that at least every starter Pokemon will get one too. idc idc

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
If Mawile doesn't get any worth while Fairy attacks and have to rely on Steel its almost better that it had stayed pure steel type. Its going to get new weaknesses and strengths thanks to Fairy but offensively it doesn't have much but its normal steel attacks to compliment Huge Power.

Pretty sure this MegaMawile was specifically created to counter Dragons, as it's quadruple resistant to Dragon moves (Steel/Fairy). However, the regular run-of-the-mill Mawile is still weak.

I'd rather they evolved Mawile instead of Megafying it, though. It almost sounds like cheating. And the MegaMawile looks like ass.

Years
I have to say these three new Pokemon are cute as heck.

I'm already in love with Horubii, it looks way more like a real rabbit than Buneary and I presume it might be the stereotypical "early route rodent" following the likes of Rattata, Sentret, Zigzagoon, Bidoof and Patrat. Dedenne is also cute too, and is certainly the new Pikaclone, but with Fairy-type added. Its appearance sorta suggests it might be based on a hamster, gerbil or something.

And the Gogoat pre-evo was expected thanks to a trailer giving it away, but still it's very cute.

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
Years
Now that I've had some time to think about it and let it settle, I'm more okay with it. But, that's only if they are forms. If they are evolutions, which I doubt (adding Mega in front of a Pokemons name isn't a great idea in terms of evolution), then that is where I have a problem. Evolution chains with four is where things will get bad. I mean, look at something like Smeargle for instance. Is it entirely fair for Blaziken, an already OU and very powerful Pokemon to get a fourth evolution, when a Pokemon like Smeargle is stuck on its own? I guess one of my main concerns is the distribution of the Megas.

Sure this idea is cool, the Pokemon look cool and all that, but, I guess I'm just missing the point of MegaPokemon. Why have them?

blue

gucci
Years
Pretty sure this MegaMawile was specifically created to counter Dragons, as it's quadruple resistant to Dragon moves (Steel/Fairy). However, the regular run-of-the-mill Mawile is still weak.

I'd rather they evolved Mawile instead of Megafying it, though. It almost sounds like cheating. And the MegaMawile looks like ass.

Mega Mawile has the potential to reach the OU tier, it now has a higher attack than Deoxys-A..

Deoxys' max attack stat: 504
Mawile's max attack stat after Huge Power: 590

When set up correctly it could do some seeerious damage, looks like it sorta got the boost it needed!

Haza

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
They did Ampharos so wrong though... the others look like LEGENDS... and then there's MegaAmpharos...

Years
Mega Mawile has the potential to reach the OU tier, it now has a higher attack than Deoxys-A..

Deoxys' max attack stat: 504
Mawile's max attack stat after Huge Power: 590

When set up correctly it could do some seeerious damage, looks like it sorta got the boost it needed!

On top of Mawile itself also getting Fairy-type, this is definitely giving Mawile the love it needs. I'm still surprised the Huge Power ability is no longer Marill line-exclusive. This type combination means Mawile can turn into a real Dragon check so I guess it is one of the Mega-Evolutions that is good.

blue

gucci
Years
On top of Mawile itself also getting Fairy-type, this is definitely giving Mawile the love it needs. I'm still surprised the Huge Power ability is no longer Marill line-exclusive. This type combination means Mawile can turn into a real Dragon check so I guess it is one of the Mega-Evolutions that is good.

Well Sableye could be considered as its counterpart and it did outweigh it in several ways with having Prankster, no weaknesses etc so I'm happy that Mawile could get the attention that it needed.

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
My first reaction: What the--?! What is this?! WHAT IS THIS?!

My reaction now, after it's had time to settle in: Really interesting concept. I'm all for it! Anyways, I'm thinking that MegaEvo is just a reversible evolution. You know, you can go back and forth Mega and not-mega as if it was a form, but it's actually an evolution, so it's a new pokemon with new moves and typing and such.

Years
Well Sableye could be considered as its counterpart and it did outweigh it in several ways with having Prankster, no weaknesses etc so I'm happy that Mawile could get the attention that it needed.

This is definitely heightening my hopes for a Sableye Mega-Evolution.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
I'm not crazy about the new idea, but I'm relieved that it's not fusion. I don't care much for the designs. I always wanted new evolutions for Absol and Mawile. It's odd that they gave one to a starter. The one for Ampharos is by far the worst, and looks very sloppily designed. The best might be Mawile, but once again, I don't really like any of them. I hope the Absol one grows on me, since Absol is one of my favorite Pokémon, but I can't stand that "hair" over it's face.

Haza

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
Remember that anime promo for Black and White 2? I wish there was an anime that looked that way and was surrounding Mega Pokemon... I'd never watch the traditional anime again.

Years
I just saw this and I'm kind of interested in seeing where they go with it. I suppose at some point they can't keep adding new Pokemon to the list, but with this they can sort of keep adding without actually adding. I actually like the new looks on Mawile and Ampharos, but not as much with Lucario and Blaziken.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
Sucker Punch + 590 attack would definitely give it a spot in Ubers. It checks Mewtwo and Deoxys, and probably OHKOs Giratina too. It resists Extremespeed so it also scares
Rayquaza and Arceus. Either way, its definitely OU at least.

But the VGC metagame doesn't have tiers, which is why this is worrying. But people are saying these evolutions occur with a held item, perhaps if they're too strong they could ban the item just like Soul Dew. Let's hope Mawile and Lucario are just scary examples, cause Ampharos looks pretty neat (and it would troll Thundurus-T so hard).

Years
I'm getting a Hamtaro vibe from Dedenne. Definitely looks like a hamster to me.

Horubii kinda looks a little Disney to me. Or at least more like something from a Western cartoon than something from Japan.

Meekuru is cute as a button! Best of the bunch, easily.

DamienHelvian

Legendary Lucario Warrior
Years
Sucker Punch + 590 attack would definitely give it a spot in Ubers. It checks Mewtwo and Deoxys, and probably OHKOs Giratina too. It resists Extremespeed so it also scares
Rayquaza and Arceus. Either way, its definitely OU at least.

But the VGC metagame doesn't have tiers, which is why this is worrying. But people are saying these evolutions occur with a held item, perhaps if they're too strong they could ban the item just like Soul Dew. Let's hope Mawile and Lucario are just scary examples, cause Ampharos looks pretty neat (and it would troll Thundurus-T so hard).

I wonder if the Mega Forms will have the same stat skewing from Natures as the normal forms...
A Lucario with an even higher sp. atk than normal, using Aura sphere [guaranteed hit]...

Back