• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When people meditate, they float. [Gen V RMT]

Snorelacks

Ready to get burned?
Years
Hullo one and all. I decided to make a team to go alongside my not-yet-completed sandstorm team. As you may have guessed from the title, this is a monotype RMT of arguably the worst type. Without further ado, the team of Psychics!

jirachi.gif

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature [+Speed, -Special Attack]
EVs: 20 HP/236 Atk/252 Spe
~Ice Punch
~ThunderPunch
~Iron Head
~Trick

I decided to "lead" with a Scarfrachi for three reasons: One, the overall design and capability of Jirachi is awesome; two, I've used one before and it has never really failed me; and three, I had one on-hand :P

Ice Punch destroys Dragons (among others) and ThunderPunch forms a physical BoltBeam with the aforementioned Ice Punch. Iron Head is the STAB move with a nice flinch rate to boot (which can be total flinch-hax with Serene Grace). Finally, Trick is to mess up walls and slow Pokemon like nothing else. Anything defensive will come crying to this guy.

Shiny%20Latios.png

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature [+Speed, -Attack]
EVs: 4 HP/252 SpAtk/252 Spe
~Dragon Pulse
~Psyshock
~Surf
~Recover

This is my primary beast. Dragon-types find a niche in today's metagame as being nearly unresisted. I use Recover/Psyshock over Psyshock/HP Fire
so that I get a good source of recovery and a good STAB moves with which to hit Chansey and Blissey.

Dragon Pulse hits everything that's not Steel, and Surf hits most steels. The only thing I can think of that resists this moveset is Empoleon, who can be augmented by Starmie, Metagross, or Jirachi (with Thunderbolt, Earthquake, and ThunderPunch respectively).

121.png

Starmie @ Expert Belt/Life Orb (Depending on Item Clause)
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP/252 SpAtk/252 Spe
~Thunderbolt
~Surf
~Ice Beam
~Rapid Spin

I've been using this Starmie, this set (or a Hydro Pump variation thereof) since GSC, when I first played this game. The fact that a Water-type could have such great Speed to be backed up by a definitely usable Special Attack, Thunderbolt, and Rapid Spin? Amazing. Starmie has always been a favorite of mine.

This set is pretty self-explanatory. Three (awesome) coverage moves and Rapid Spin to occasionally chop entry hazards. Hey, Forretress! Go ahead and waste six turns setting up every single entry hazard! Here comes Starmie!

Then I can Spin, Surf once or twice (hopefully netting a KO) and switch out to get rid of the Poison.

Starmie blew away Stealth Rock!
Starmie blew away Spikes!
Starmie blew away Toxic Spikes!
The foe's Forretress fainted!

s_metagross.png

Metagross @ Lum Berry/Leftovers (depending on Item Clause and/or my decision)
Ability: Clear Body
Adamant Nature [+Attack, -Special Attack]
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 SpDef
~Agility
~Meteor Mash
~Earthquake
~Zen Headbutt

This is my Physical Beast. Sporting attack trumped by few, good STAB moves, Earthquake, and Agility as well as natural bulk, this thing can ake for a sweeper not many are prepared to counter.

Mash and Headbutt (doesn't that sound awesome?) arethe aforementioned good STAB moves. Agility sets up and Earthquake wreaks havoc and provides coverage.

espeon.jpg

Espeon @ Focus Sash/Light Clay (Haven't decided yet)
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 HP/252 SpAtk/252 Speed
~Light Screen
~Reflect
~Shadow Ball
~Psychic

This set aims to be somewhat defensive while still properly abusing its huge Special Attack. Focus Sash could be useful for faster opponents, keeping in mind that Espeon is frail, but Light Clay is of course more useful to the usual Dual Screener.

The screens... screen. Shadow Ball and Psychic attack. There you have it.

80.png

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
Bold Nature [+Defense, -Attack]
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpAtk
~Slack Off
~Scald
~Psychic
~Fire Blast

This is my only truly defensive Pokemon, and albeit UU, it works surprisingly well. This does leave me lacking a designated Special Wall, but most Psychic-Types have quite good Special Defense in comparison to defense.

Slack Off heals. Scald burns. Psychic psychics. Fire blast takes out Ferrothorn, Forretress, Skarmory, Scizor, etc.

So that is my monotype Psychic team. If you're leaving any suggestions for new Pokemon, please have them be at least part Psychic-type.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • N/A
  • Seen Mar 23, 2013
Honestly, I hate being somebody who tags along with moves of its overused magnitude, but I honestly think you should get rid of Latios' Dragon Pulse for Draco Meteor.

Aside from that.... I really see nothing wrong with it. :o

Congratulations on being the first person to make a team that stumped me so badly I couldn't recommend changes to it. XD

Keep up the good work.

Snorelacks

Ready to get burned?
Years
First of all, thanks. This is my first-ever monotype team and I was hoping it would do well in the CBC.

The point of Dragon Pulse was to increase Latios' longevity. There would be no point in Recovering anyway if you had -2 Special Attack. I wanted to step outside the norm a bit. So I'll leave it for now.

I just knew someone was going to mention Draco Meteor though. I've had that reason in my head, word for word, for when it happened. :D

Years
Hey there.

This is a nice team, but I see a glaring weakness to Volcarona and Scarf Terrakion. While it may be hard to fix since this is a monotype team, Cresselia is a far better option than Espeon and Espeon is redundant since you already have a Spinner and Cresselia is better with screens [the only one of which it really needs is Reflect].

Cresselia @ Leftovers
252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
Bold Nature
-Reflect
-Moonlight
-Psychic
-Ice Beam/Toxic

Then, I think you should use Bronzong over Metagross, to set up Stealth Rock and be a bit less weak to Dark/Dragon types.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
252 HP/152 Def/104 SDef
Relaxed Nature
-Hidden Power Ice
-Stealth Rock
-Gyro Ball

Also, Flamethrower is better on Slowbro, since it's more accurate and still OHKO's what it needs to.

Snorelacks

Ready to get burned?
Years
I'll see what I can do about Cresselia. I don't actually like Magic Bounce Espeon because I don't like relying on prediction.

However, Bronzong and Metagross have the same typing anyways, and I don't want this team to end up full of defensive Pokemon, so I think I'll stick with Metagross.

Thanks!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Even though Agility takes care of Metagross' low Speed, lack of investment there will leave you outsped by several Pokemon even after an Agility. Change the EV spread to this: 52 HP/252 Atk/204 Spe. That way, Metagross will outspeed things like Landorus, Infernape and Terrakion after an Agility (correct me if I'm wrong).

Espeon needs Hidden Power (Fighting) over Shadow Ball for Dark and Steel Pokemon.

Back