• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
First Fallout, then Wolfy leaves, and now Earth & Sky...
Let it be known that the Dark days of RPC have now begun...

@Swift & All others who replied. I like having several options -but not to many, like, 10 top, I guess-, but I'm not against having a Pokémon that isn't considered a starter in the region its set. As long as it's something reasonable and no Pokémon are OP :3

@gimmepie... What are these "Academy Awards" you talk about? I'll always be a RPAs fanboy! :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Speaking of which, y'all need to go vote! The thread will be closing on 1st August, people will have a few days to edit their options and results will be in on that weekend!

Just in time for our new event to start ;D.

SWIT?!?!

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Mehh... don't worry guys... I know WolfOfEve just as well as my own brother.

He will return... maybe not now, maybe not tomorrow, maybe not next month... but he will return ^^

Talking about Journey RP's ... I like the ones with new regions the most. I haven't joined one unfortunately because i'm too busy with other RP's c'; I might join one in the future.

SwiftSign- New event?! Spleeeeeeeeeee!!

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
yeah guys!! take a little bit of your time just to get some votes in because every vote counts!! your one vote could turn an entire table!!

with swifty's question, I prefer being able to pick from a small list. that being said, if I get to pick from any Pokemon ever, I try to pick something different and not just like "HAHA I GOT A CHARMANDER YES!!!!"

yeah chumps, keep your eyes peeled its gonna be GREAT!

oh and welcome back guys! good. to have you back :)

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Wolfy left...The Dark Days are truly here. We must band together, we strong many. Surely one hero will stand above all and claim the title of savior. The question is....Who will it be?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Wolfy left...The Dark Days are truly here. We must band together, we strong many. Surely one hero will stand above all and claim the title of savior. The question is....Who will it be?
aaah don't be ridiculous d: if anything, activity is really picking up here! it's actually making me real happy seeing the place really going after a long while of slow activity. so if anything we are pushing through the dark days and into the next era!!

but if anyone's gonna be a saviour, pretty sure it's me or swifty ;) or Supervegeta

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I hope I'm not the only one who does this, but who else goes through the Lounge and looks at the old RP's they've been in to get the nostalgia?

I did that the other day :) I was looking through my old SS Anne thread, oh the memories.

Nice to notice there are some of the same people around now as well! :)

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
So I'd like to make a new RP. I have a few ideas but am having trouble figuring out what to do with them. Also add in the fact I've not had one successful rp, and I've made plenty of them. I can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong as a GM. Is there anyone in the RP corner that is willing to help me figure out

1. What I've been doing wrong as a GM,
and
2. To help me get better.

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years
I wish I could help but I am lacking horribly in GM experience, but if you want a bouncing board for ideas or a nubcake of a Co-GM when you work on the new one I'd be glad to help in any way I can.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
Hmmm... not really an experienced GM but, i'm trying to get Fate/Of a nation on it's feet

The thing with me was that I had a good GM (GP) to help me Co-Gm it and he guided me through a lot of the process and all that stuff

Years
but if anyone's gonna be a saviour, pretty sure it's me or swifty ;) or Supervegeta

I wanna be a hero! sorry this just made me say it but I am wondering would anyone be willing to do an RP based on this:

In the year 2020 scientists and nintendo have come out and are saying that any pokemon fan can now be a trainer. An email is sent to all Trainer Club members inviting them to fill out a form that when sent will allow them to begin their journey. Each player will be randomly given one of the starter pokemon (Gen 1-5), 10 pokeballs, and a trainer card. However only certain pokemon have been released and a revamped and real world Team Rocket planson creating robotic legendary pokemon.

If this is considered a good idea then please do tell me I will try to start up an RP. So what do you guys think?

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I hope I'm not the only one who does this, but who else goes through the Lounge and looks at the old RP's they've been in to get the nostalgia?
I look over my very first RP every 6 months to remind myself I have come a really long way. and sometimes back on RPs like Focus Shift and The Uprising to remember the friends I made *sappy but true*

So I'd like to make a new RP. I have a few ideas but am having trouble figuring out what to do with them. Also add in the fact I've not had one successful rp, and I've made plenty of them. I can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong as a GM. Is there anyone in the RP corner that is willing to help me figure out

1. What I've been doing wrong as a GM,
and
2. To help me get better.
I can always try to give advice, but sometimes a Roleplay that doesn't work out isn't always the GMs fault. members who continuously grow inactive is always an issue I face. but sometimes yes, lack of planning brings a Roleplay down.

if you need ideas or another eye to see it over I'm happy to give you a hand :)

I wanna be a hero! sorry this just made me say it but I am wondering would anyone be willing to do an RP based on this:

In the year 2020 scientists and nintendo have come out and are saying that any pokemon fan can now be a trainer. An email is sent to all Trainer Club members inviting them to fill out a form that when sent will allow them to begin their journey. Each player will be randomly given one of the starter pokemon (Gen 1-5), 10 pokeballs, and a trainer card. However only certain pokemon have been released and a revamped and real world Team Rocket planson creating robotic legendary pokemon.

If this is considered a good idea then please do tell me I will try to start up an RP. So what do you guys think?
is this... set on earth? or did the scientists also bring land out of the ground to make kanto???

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023

I don't quite get the point of it. Why not just create a regular Pokemon RP then. This is essentially just a Pokemon Journey RP, except the players get to travel to real world locations (And maybe absence of gyms, unless those are in the real world). Cus technically, to the characters, they are in the 'real world'.

Years
Okay maybe I should elaborate more this RP will have for one a main storyline (The whole RP doesn't have to be about this but it leads into this) The whole real world Team Rocket thinks they are good guys trying to give trainers more and more which nintendo will not do. Second the RP will be set on Earth and will feature alot of events that only our world will most likely ever be able to have. (i.e. PETA and the UN) And lastly there will be multiple "release zones" (sorta like regions but more contained and are the only places that most pokemon will be (weak ones like birds will be outside the zones at times))

Hope I clarified some things :)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
I see. Yes it clarified some things, but I think adding real organizations like PETA and the UN may cause problems...

Well, if you think you can do it, then you should do it lol.

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
We need a hero, we're holding out for a hero till the end of the night.
They've gotta be strong and they've gotta be fresh and they've gotta be larger than life...

I'm sorry, I had to do it...
@Genevieve. I don't think you're doing anything wrong. A lot of RPs die because the RPers become inactive, so... yeah. Is nochur fault :3

If you ever need help with anything I could help, with anything really :] But a lot of people who could give better advice have also offered to help -cough, maddy, cough-, so... yeah :3

@amerininja. That concept you have looks interesting... But I think it's pointless to just give Pokemon to people over the Internet for no apparent reason. Why is Nintendo even giving Pokemon out? How exactly did Pokemon appear in our world? Where is the RP set? Are there gyms? E4? So on and so forth. Why robotic Pokemon? Are real legendaries not an option for this Team Rocket? why? Your concept is intriguing, but it could use some development :3

Years
@ Elitebeats
Yeah I was just wondering if I should even start actually develop this any more at all I won't be dome till like next week. So yeah next week I will send in the IC and OOC for approval or rejection. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back