• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Thanks for answering me . :) I didn't see any, but maybe they are rare?

Now I have another issue lol. So, I'm stuck unable to get into SKY TOWER even after I saw the gym leader leave to go after Team Steam and followed her. The police officer is still there and I don't know what to do. Is it some kind of glitch? I'm sure I did everything right up until now so that's all I can think of it being...
Just move him with Advanced-Map.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
Uh...I just realize that the LP+ patch really doesn't have the move tutor...oops -_-

Sorry guys, I'll get the REAL patch up as soon as possible, with WILD POKEMON LOCATIONS as well.

Years
Uh...I just realize that the LP+ patch really doesn't have the move tutor...oops -_-

Sorry guys, I'll get the REAL patch up as soon as possible, with WILD POKEMON LOCATIONS as well.

Hey a suggestion for your next beta can you change the truck sound at the start of the game to a sound thats fits the scene

Cant wait for a patch from you i like this hack but things like wrong cries were annoying your patch fixed that xD

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
*walks in*

Spoiler:

*runs away*

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 6, 2022
Just move him with Advanced-Map.

Okay so I downloaded advance map, but I'm playing Light Platinum on My Boy on my samsung galaxy tablet and for some reason I can't get it to work. So I tried to do it on my PC, and it worked...but the problem is, I can transfer it to my tablet...but the map app won't show up. Only thing that will show in my downloads is /Advance Map ErrorLogs/ and Ini/. Nothing about the app itself will show up.

I've looked around for almost two hours and no luck and nothing even close to helping me figure this thing out. I was going to just transfer my files from my tablet to pc to play the game, but the issue is, I can't convert my save file and I guess My Boy doesn't work on PC, so I'm basically screwed unless anyone can find me a solution to my problem.

I might be doing it wrong because I'm not exactly an expert on this stuff.

Kakarot1212

Resident Programmer
Years
@Lighting bubbles: A-Map is only for PC not for tablet.
You can just edit the file in your "PC" and TRANSFER the edited file afterwards to your tablet. If you dont know how to edit events in A-Map, check the tut section. am too lazy now to link on the tut. lol

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 17, 2014
Holy **** guys (sorry for swearing) im pissed off
I patched the game to the Pokemon Ruby and i got white screen, i tried changing the savetype to 128k, changing to OpenGL mode, still white screen, i downloaded the Ruby ROM from Coolrom****likethat, i spent 3 hours searching for .gba for this game in Google, found tons of Survey, i found one from a Blogspot, its spanish or portugeese or something like that, can somebody help me? i need the English version, can somebody upload the .gba rom please? thank you very much i really need it. Thanks

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 25, 2014
i just wanna about the game, how about if I Soft reset the legendaries, will they come out with shiny form also the other sprite had their shiny sprite ?

sorry for bad english :D

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 17, 2014
Nope. It's against the rules.
Try using VBA-M if you haven't yet.

Uhhh, i downloaded the .gba version from a website, it works but it isnt the full version, i got stuck in the Hole part after the Normal-type Gym, people said i need DIG TM but i dont have it in my bag, and i need to get to Ricyan Gym i dont know where it is, when i move to route 509 there are 3 Ice Rock, i tried giving Icicle Punch to Lucario but it aint work, how the heck do you destroy the Ice Rock? i did got the focus punch TM but i have no idea what it is for. can someone help me? thanks in advance :D *EDIT* Where is Gible? i tried looking at mount draken, i searched for 5 mins but it doesnt give me a single encounter with ANY Pokemon, i think im using the not-full-version , i cant find the Fullversion i tried VBA-M it doesnt work either, NO$GBA doesnt work too. anyway i need Gible can someone tell me? thanks :D

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Uhhh, i downloaded the .gba version from a website, it works but it isnt the full version, i got stuck in the Hole part after the Normal-type Gym, people said i need DIG TM but i dont have it in my bag, and i need to get to Ricyan Gym i dont know where it is, when i move to route 509 there are 3 Ice Rock, i tried giving Icicle Punch to Lucario but it aint work, how the heck do you destroy the Ice Rock? i did got the focus punch TM but i have no idea what it is for. can someone help me? thanks in advance :D *EDIT* Where is Gible? i tried looking at mount draken, i searched for 5 mins but it doesnt give me a single encounter with ANY Pokemon, i think im using the not-full-version , i cant find the Fullversion i tried VBA-M it doesnt work either, NO$GBA doesnt work too. anyway i need Gible can someone tell me? thanks :D
Yes, Gible is not present in not-full-version.
You must download one from Snakebyte's signature called "Final".

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
Well 8i played this hack and this is my feedback

Positives :

I love the fact that pokemon from other generations are introduced.
The graphics are stunning and beautiful.
Excellent ASM editing
The mapping and tiles are amazing
the story is interesting
The variety of pokemon makes the hack even more fun
The battle backgrounds are very appealing

Negatives :
The in game trainers are not very hard to beat
Too many trainers in a route
The Npc's have repetitive text
After a point all in the in game trainers repeat what they say after they battle ( especially team steam)
i accidental tossed out a required tm to use in the game and i had to restart the game so please make these tms like icebreak available in Marts

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 18, 2020
I threw out whirlpool by accident can anyone help me is there a way to get it back?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 6, 2022
@Lighting bubbles: A-Map is only for PC not for tablet.
You can just edit the file in your "PC" and TRANSFER the edited file afterwards to your tablet. If you dont know how to edit events in A-Map, check the tut section. am too lazy now to link on the tut. lol

Thanks for your help Hiroshi, I appreciate it. :)

Now unfortunately, I have one more problem that I hope you or anyone else who might know about this advance map stuff can help me out with. I transferred the edited file from my PC to my tablet. But the problem is, my save file won't work with my edited game, it just starts all over again. Now I have my regular file where I can't get past the officer and an edited file where he should be gone...but requires me to do the entire game over again. I need to know how to save an edited file where I can play without starting over my game.

Back