• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Oro Sole

Status
Not open for further replies.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
[a id]thread_top[/a id]
2gt43ud.png
Thread v1.0.1

[a id]introduction[/a id]1. Introduction
Where everything starts
Professor Elm is a scientist who has dedicated his life to study Pokémon.
He's still young but he enjoys a great respect among other researchers thanks to his astonishing discoveries, like those related to Pokémon evolution.

One day, while he's working, Prof. Elm gets an e-mail from an acquaintance called Mr. Pokémon:
"I made a sensational discovery! You have to see it!"
Unfortunately, Prof. Elm is too busy to leave his laboratory, so he decides to ask someone for help... and that person is you!

"Please, - asks you Prof. Elm - visit Mr. Pokémon for me and take a look at his discovery."
A generous and curious person like you can't sure say no!

Then Prof. Elm shows you three Pokémon telling you:
"Choose the one you'd like to take with you."
It's an important moment: you're going to receive your very first Pokémon.

Afterwards you realize a boy outside is spying you from the window. You never seen him before, but he looks as old as you.
So you leave the laboratory to meet him. But once there, he pushes you away shouting:
"Hey, what are you looking at?"

Who is that strange boy? And what about Mr. Pokemon's discovery?
You will discover it soon...

[a id]technical_data[/a id]2. Technical Data^ Top
Some basic information
Code Base Pokémon FireRed US v1.0
Language English / Italian
Original Author HackMew

Staff (no particular order)
  • HackMew Reverse Engineer, Graphics Designer, Beta Tester
  • Half shadow Musician
  • Gamer2020 Beta Tester, Supporter
Programs Used
  • A-Map v1.92
  • A-Trainer v0.9.1
  • APE v1.4.0
  • Cyclone Prototype v1.4.86
  • FSF v1.2.4
  • GNU Assembler v.2.19.1
  • Hex Editor
  • Hacked unLZ-GBA v1.0.2
  • OER v1.2.0
  • RHEA v1.2.0
  • Tile Molester v0.16
  • VBA Link v1.80
  • VBA SDL-H v1.72
  • XSE v1.1.1

[a id]features[/a id]3. Features^ Top
What to expect
Pokémon Oro Sole will feature original Johto gameplay, with improved graphics borrowed from FireRed.
The goal is to be as accurate G/S series remake as virtually possible.
Of course, the remake needs some game improvements and those will be done as well.
The development plans might change along the way, so please stay tuned and check the thread regularly.

Feature List
  • Multi-language Interface
    Two languages, one hack: Oro Sole is completely translated into both English and Italian, all you need to do is to choose which one. English is default.

• Revamped Texts
    Finely spell-checked, the texts have been slightly changed to avoid any "copy-pasted" resemblances. Capitals are now used only when truly needed.

• Redesigned Maps
    While being restyled, the maps preserved their characteristics but gained an overall better look.

• Catchy Tunes
    Throughout your journey, you will be pleased by remixed music with a tiny bit of nostalgia.

• Time of Day
    Morning, day, evening, and night: a time system was implemented using a real-time clock that keeps track of time.

• Seasons
    Weather effects make a comeback, with a somewhat important difference: now they're strictly connected to seasons.

• Daily/Weekly Events
    Certain events will only happen on specific days, so make sure not to miss them!

• Day/Night Evolutions
    Finally you can expand you Pokédex with Espeon and Umbreon.

• Day/Night Wild Pokémon
    Even wild Pokémon are influenced by time: catch different species at different times.

• Berry Trees
    Collect berries from trees all over the world. They grow everyday.

• Money Saving
    Once again, Mom will be able to save some money for you, up to 999,999 PokéYen.

[a id]hack_progress[/a id]4. Hack Progress^ Top
Bringing dreams to reality
The hack has been slowly restarted from scratch, during the past few months (yay!). However, no in-depth information is available at the moment.

[a id]media_center[/a id]5. Media Center^ Top
Nothing but how the hack looks like
Pre-release Screenshots

Screenshot 01 The Warning Screen.

Screenshot 02 Booting...

Screenshot 03 The Presents Screen.

Screenshot 04 The Title Screen. Press A or START!

Screenshot 05 The big hero sprite in all its glory.

Screenshot 06 What's your name?

Music Samples

[a id]bug_report[/a id]6. Bug Report^ Top
Bugs, glitches and oddities
What's a bug?
A bug is an error that prevents the hack from behaving as intended.
A hack that contains a large number of bugs, and/or bugs that seriously interfere with its functionality, is said to be buggy.

What's a glitch?
A glitch is mostly a minor bug too, usually graphics-related. (e.g., a tile which acts weirdly).
In this case the proper term is glitchy, obviously.

What's an oddity?
An oddity always refers to a strange and unconventional behavior which cannot really considered a bug or a glitch.
Sometimes it refers to uncompleted parts.

Known Bugs
  • None so far.
Glitch List
  • Nothing, for now.
Oddities
  • None yet.

How to correctly report a problem
When reporting something, make sure to answer these questions:
  • Is the problem reported yet?
    Yes. It's already reported. No need to do anything.
    No. It's not reported yet and therefore a report is greatly encouraged.
  • Is the problem fixed yet?
    Yes. It's already fixed so it's clearly unnecessary to report something that doesn't exist anymore.
    No. In this case answer the rest of the questions and do what you have to do accordingly.
  • Is the problem related to cheating?
    Yes. Some cheats are involved. Well, any bug/glitch/oddity due to cheats won't be taken into consideration. Don't even report it.
    No. OK, go ahead with the other two questions.
All questions have been answered. Good! Let's see now what's the reporting form that must be used, if necessary:

Code:
[div="font-family:consolas,courier new,lucida console,monospace"][PLAIN][size="3"][b]Oro Sole Bug Report[/b][/size]
--------
[b]Beta Version: [/b]
[b]Description: [/b]
[b]How to reproduce it: [/b]
[b]Screenshots/videos: [/b][/PLAIN][/div]
Remember that the form above has to be filled entirely. Now, a brief explanation about each part.

• Beta Version
    Self explanatory.
  • Description
    A few words that could properly describe the problem.
  • How to reproduce it
    A step-by-step explanation in order to reproduce the problem (and therefore to fix it later).
  • Screenshots/videos (Optional)
    Some screenshots/videos which helps outlining the bug/glitch/oddity found.

One final note..
At the moment no beta testers are needed. Do not ask if you can become one, please.

[a id]credits_support[/a id]7. Credits and Support^ Top[/COLOR]
People who helped
Credits (no particular order)

• BalladOfWindFishes, Coronis, Epona4, GameGuy and Gridiron, a good amount of nice graphics used as base.
  • Argent Crusader aka Kike-Scott, the nice Ho-oh sprite used in the title screen.
  • zel, some scripting tips back in the days.
  • Anthony La aka Hiroshi Sotomura, the neat Thread Presentation.
  • Martin, a couple of suggestions for the old thread.
  • As_Stars_Go_Out, some maps and tiles which were inspiring.
  • Myself, because it's cool and it wastes your bandwidth.

Support Material
  • Official Userbar

Code:
    [div="font-family:consolas,courier new,lucida console,monospace"][PLAIN][url="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=200973"][img]http://i56.tinypic.com/295z5mf.png[/img][/url][/PLAIN][/div]

[a id]downloads[/a id]8. Downloads^ Top
What anyone was looking for
Oops! Sorry, but no downloads are available yet!

This thread, layout included, is Copyright © 2009-2010 by HackMew. You are not allowed to use anything without permission!

Last edited:

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
This is looking very nice. The Features section is very ambitious but knowing your reputation, I don't doubt your ability to accomplish everything on that list. The titlescreen is very spiffy as well :)
Best of luck to you.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I love the look of this.
Will we see a D/N System for this hack??
I wonder. :/
Anyway, good luck with this.

This is looking very nice. The Features section is very ambitious but knowing your reputation, I don't doubt your ability to accomplish everything on that list. The titlescreen is very spiffy as well :)
Best of luck to you.

To both of you: the features listed above are currently implemented (thought the multi-language is not fully completed yet).
Thanks for the comments anyway.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
To both of you: the features listed above are currently implemented (thought the multi-language is not fully completed yet).
Thanks for the comments anyway.

Already? Wow, you have been busy, haven't you? ^^
Well then, keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to more screenshots, maybe even some depicting the Day/Night features. ;)

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Already? Wow, you have been busy, haven't you? ^^
Well then, keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to more screenshots, maybe even some depicting the Day/Night features. ;)

He he. More screenshots will come, when time is due. At the moment I don't want to spoil too much :)

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Wow, the screens look nice but I'd rather see gameplay. Also, I'n not a big fan of some of the things that you've done to the titlescreen, I don't like how you put press start in the top right corner, it doesn't make it noticeable. Apart from that everything looks promising. :3

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Cool.
I can't wait then. :)
Good luck!

Yeah, thank you.

Wow, the screens look nice but I'd rather see gameplay. Also, I'n not a big fan of some of the things that you've done to the titlescreen, I don't like how you put press start in the top right corner, it doesn't make it noticeable. Apart from that everything looks promising. :3

Thanks. It's called originality. Besides, the text blinks, so it's noticeable enough.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Yeah, thank you.

Thanks. It's called originality. Besides, the text blinks, so it's noticeable enough.

Damn that comeback was so good, that I can't think of a reply.

Good luck :3

Any BTW, are you still thinking of removing the girl? It will make the hack more accurate but it would be nice to see things in the girl's perspective. :P

Also, people may think you're sexist if you remove the girl.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Any BTW, are you still thinking of removing the girl? It will make the hack more accurate but it would be nice to see things in the girl's perspective. :P

Also, people may think you're sexist if you remove the girl.

Well, to say the truth, I decided to use the sex byte as the new language byte. And you're always a boy. Anyway, Kris might be added later on in the story, but I haven't took my final decision yet.

Lyra.

Usagi Small Lady Serenity
Years
This is actually looking great. Although the music is sorta, well...I COULD be better. I like New Bark Town's music a lot, though.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
Wow, this is looking sexier than ever. Nice job on the updates. :D I definately will be looking foward to the next release. xD.

blue

gucci
Years
Didn't you create this back in 2007 then the thread was closed?
Anyway this looks amazing! I can't wait to play and the music samples are great! :D

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 4, 2011
I recognized the name, and clicked on it! :)

I like the music, screenshots, and everything. But I want to say the big sprite's face looks funny. I'll also be immature and say "hehe, his pants has a bludge, hehe"!

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years

I like the music, screenshots, and everything. But I want to say the big sprite's face looks funny. I'll also be immature and say "hehe, his pants has a bludge, hehe"!

LOL so true.

In my honest opinion, the sprite looks a little rough, but not too bad. Although, I'd say that his facial expression is a little weird and he's got that cheecky look instead of the look of a courageous child as in the original Gold.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Little typo :P

Hack Mew's hack?
This will rule big time!
From the look of it I say it has great feature and I'm sure we'll like it more after you post some screens :)
The best of luck to you.

It's written HackMew you know? :P
Anyway, thank you.

This is actually looking great. Although the music is sorta, well...I COULD be better. I like New Bark Town's music a lot, though.

Well, I think the music turned out pretty good. Of course, it can't satisfy everyone.

Wow, this is looking sexier than ever. Nice job on the updates. :D I definately will be looking foward to the next release. xD.

I'm looking forward to as well :)

Didn't you create this back in 2007 then the thread was closed?
Anyway this looks amazing! I can't wait to play and the music samples are great! :D

Right. It was about time to post a new thread. Thanks :D

LOL so true.

In my honest opinion, the sprite looks a little rough, but not too bad. Although, I'd say that his facial expression is a little weird and he's got that cheecky look instead of the look of a courageous child as in the original Gold.

What's funny about his face? >:/
The original Gold picture is this one below:

Gold1.png

So far everything looks awesome. I especially like the music. :D

Glad you like it :)

Last edited:

Matteron (96)

Can't Read Lookin Ass
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2024
I have the strangest feeling this will win hack of the year...
anyhow, how will the multi-language interface work, will you be able to choose your language at start up, or is it two different ips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back