• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon XENOTIME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wind Gale

Lost With the Wind
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
Oh whoops, I thought the games without playable conetent had to exist for 3 months or else I would have entered mine. Then yours would probably have one. I honestly think you should wait a few months and release a bigger demo. That is just my opinion though.

Muramasa

The Evil within
Years
Nice job, I hope this goes well for you.

If I were you, I would wait for a major update so you could really show off the game's abilities.

Holiday

Ho Ho Ho-Oh
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 16, 2010
Honestly, I don't see how your story is unique. I mean there's the 8 gym badges, an elite 6 (2 steps up from the elite 4, but I've seen this in several other games), a champion, and a battle frontier. So, I'm not seeing what's so special.

But I do love the baby Pokemon! :D

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
@Pokéstorm: Ok, I'll take that into consideration

@Wind Gale: Oh well, I still may get third if one more person votes for me ;) And I'll also take that into consideration.

@Muramasu: Thanks and I'll update when I can.

@Holiday: Well in fact I haven't even revealed the full storyline yet as I want to keep that part a secret for now, untill I release the demo.

@Ty 101: Good to here, but:

Sadly no update today as I can't take any screenshots due to an error I haven't been able to fix. Also, if you didn't know, we now have a spriter! He's Godlytion and is spriting for Pokemon Special adventure as well if you would like to see his work. I thought that he'd have finished some sprites by today but I think we live in different time zones.

Probably will have the updates tommorow btw :)

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
Years
Excellent Work. I especially like the submerged gym. Will an event make it accessible? Or will you need a special HM?

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
@The Cynic: Well for now you'll just have to wait for it to drain away as it isn't actually supposed to be there.

Sorry for not updating for ages, I promised screens and sprites but these three things are all I have for now.

Updated Kindlewood town, let me know if you like the gym more than before:
kindlewoodtown54.png

And I've been able to beg these battle backgrounds off Dew, he didn't make them, they're from a japanese game but it took a while to get the link ;)
Here they are, but be warned, the image is tens of thousands of pixels wide:
http://spriters-resource.com/ds/kiminoyuusha/battlebgs.PNG
What do you think?

I also made the front page look a lot better.

Btw, since I changed the front page image shack uploads won't work on it, and since photobucket lowers the quality too much I've been forced to use tiny pic. Anyone know a solution to this problem?

Last edited:

deeelove

Dradradra drama BEATZZ
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 31, 2016
wow that loooks great!! Glad to see this is coming around

Wind Gale

Lost With the Wind
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
Looks nice. I like the new building and the light in front of the cave. It adds to the game.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
@deelove: Thanks and do you like the gym more?

@shinylugia249: Sorry about that, I thoughtm it was a striaght c+p from HG/SS...

@Wind Gale: Thank you. You should thank Kyledove for that, he made it ;)

Update time

Firstly, I've given the front page a new lick of paint with a cool new image background

And now the big stuff, Dew, one of the best tile artists on PC is now our official tile artist! I'm really happy about this since his work is so good, he in fact made the house in Kindle wood town and the cable car system. If you want to see more of his work then check out his game thread, august emerald (which is great btw, really deserves a look) or have a look at his tiles showcase (don't post on it though since he isn't gonna be updating it for a while/ever) on the second page of Game Development.

Edit: Wow, 3rd page already!

bilkev

The Pokemon™ B/D creator
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2011
It looks really cool, and the PokéDex thing interests me. Best of luck on your project, although, this seems to me like one that'll become popular.
Your maps are really creative!

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
@bilkev: Thanks. And if anyone is wondering why he c+p the first reply, he explained it to me, it's because he has bad english skills.

Now onto a update...
Project haulted for two weeks

Sadly just three days ago a masive trojan managed to get past my avg anti virus and completely wipe the hardive of my computer, turning it into a load of 011010101010101010101010101 etc...

I do now have another pc, windows 7 and everything. Hopefully rmxp will work on it.
Don't worry about any maps though, they're all on photobucket. The main thing lost is the actual game file, I'll now have to start the entire thing again, from the start. Eventhough this is extremely annoying and time consuming, it does give the game a chance to start over all new and fresh. Anything that I made at the start of the game, after all, is no were near as good as what I can do today.

The start of the new fresh look will be a complete reworking of most of the games tiles by master tile artist Dew. I'll have an update of every map so far in two weeks with all the new tiles included. Also, by then our spriter, Godlytion (did I tell you guys that yet...), will most likey have finished all of the sprites for the main character and possibly others.

So keepan eye on the thread in a coupl of weeks for the biggest update yet!

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
At specific parts in the plot and once you enter new areas there will be a 3d still cut scene like in FR/LG and HG/SS. I'm hoping to have them at every cave/forest/other route entrance and at least five others at important story parts. Still don't have someone good enough to do this so it's unconfirmed if it will be in the game as of now. If you're interested in doing them then please VM/PM me or just post in the thread.

Im curious as what you mean by this, as i recall all the cutscenes played out on the map... I could be wrong... Are you requiring actual video type cutscene? I Dont get what your trying here.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years

KingCharizard

Years
Like this:
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/7/7c/HGSS_Slowpoke_Well-Day.png
When you enter new areas and to liven up plot events, for instance, a Volcanio setting off would have one.

Oh thats simple to do, Make an event on the map... set to auto run choose the show picture option show the pic wait(X) number of frames and erase the pic... then set a temp switch to turn off the event and there you have it... this may be a little off but i can make the event and make a demo vid to show you...

Like this right?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE0K2xMRs1M

If im wrong you dont need to open this if im right and you want the steps here ya go Of course you can make the picture fade out ect but i'll leave that to you to figure out this is just to get you started..
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Oh thats simple to do, Make an event on the map... set to auto run choose the show picture option show the pic wait(X) number of frames and erase the pic... then set a temp switch to turn off the event and there you have it... this may be a little off but i can make the event and make a demo vid to show you...

Like this right?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE0K2xMRs1M

If im wrong you dont need to open this if im right and you want the steps here ya go Of course you can make the picture fade out ect but i'll leave that to you to figure out this is just to get you started..
Spoiler:
There's qute a lot of confusion here but I didn't in fact want someone to show me how to make the event, but to actually make the picture it shows...
Thanks anyway though since that will be quite helpful still.

KingCharizard

Years
Oh im sorry... I didnt realize you wanted the artwork... But its okay sorry to hear your game was destryoed by a virus...

pikarich

Pokemon Xenotime Founder
Years
Oh my god I don't believe it! I hope this turns out OK. I'm gonna have to start working a bit harder...

Route

Slowpoke
Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2015
That's HORRIBLE news! But its good to, the game WILL look better! ;P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back