• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Patching & Emulation

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Okay so I am an experienced Pokemon veteran and i need to know how to trade with myself but hears the deal..
I have my Best pokemon on my VBA for pc and i need to trade them onto the MYBOY(full version) on android
PLZHALP
i cant figure this out alone

i need real help folks.... i need to figure out how to trade the pokemon on VBA for PC over to the MyBoy(full version) on android...i cant figure this out alone

the key to my pokemons salvation rests on this golden question. How dose one trade pokemon from VBA to a MyBoy for android?
THERE MUST BE A KEY

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
PRIVATE MESSAGE ME AND BATTLE ME WITH YOUR BEST LEVEL 100 POKEMON I DARE YOU
im not full of myself i just desire a great foe to crush my dreams

ISNorden

Teddiursa
Years
[Cross-posted to another fan site; please accept my apology if you've seen this message twice!]

I'm playing the Platinum game through an emulator program (DeSmuME 0.98) because I don't own any handheld devices. Although the program generally performs well, it's frustrating to know that I'll never be able to use or enter Pal Park in-game; simulating a transfer from Gen3 is impossible because no emulator can simulate a GBA and an NDS running at the same time. :-(

If I could buy (or even borrow) two real handhelds, I would transfer my Gen3 Pokémon that way. Since I can't, though... is there an editor which could simulate the Pal Park transfer and have Platinum acknowledge the results? If software like that exists for Windows, I'd be happy to give it a shot.

Years
  • Age 50
  • Seen Apr 16, 2015
Does anyone know a good iphone emulator ive tryed gba4ios but it had problems so i deleted it and cant download it again

IggyKoopa

#429: magical pokémon
Years
[Cross-posted to another fan site; please accept my apology if you've seen this message twice!]

I'm playing the Platinum game through an emulator program (DeSmuME 0.98) because I don't own any handheld devices. Although the program generally performs well, it's frustrating to know that I'll never be able to use or enter Pal Park in-game; simulating a transfer from Gen3 is impossible because no emulator can simulate a GBA and an NDS running at the same time. :-(

If I could buy (or even borrow) two real handhelds, I would transfer my Gen3 Pokémon that way. Since I can't, though... is there an editor which could simulate the Pal Park transfer and have Platinum acknowledge the results? If software like that exists for Windows, I'd be happy to give it a shot.

I haven't tried it yet, since I don't have the ROMs and I certainly wouldn't be far enough in the game for the Pal Park, but - at least in DeSmuME 0.9.9 - you can go to Config -> Slot 2 (GBA slot) and follow the instructions there (that is, give it the directory of your GBA ROM and have the .sav file in the same folder).

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 24, 2016
For some reason whenever I try to open a patched rom (using lunarIps) using VBA I just get a gray screen. Any help?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 8, 2015
How does it work?

First of all, I apologize if I have posted this in the wrong forum section, I am new here so I am still getting down what all of the different sections mean. But besides that point, I am curious of how this "Powersave" for Pokemon X works.

Now, I am familiar with hacking devices for I have used action replay for my older Pokemon games. What I am confused about is this IV business. I'll just state right here and right now that I have tried the "true" way, but with NO success, and A LOT of frustration. So I was curious if I modified my pokemon's IVS with this, would they STAY PERFECT?! For when I breed, all of the IVS start of from 6, then as the pokemon levels up nearly ALL of them change except for TWO, and I AM NOT in the mood to dedicate six hours of my life to perfect this through this confusing breeding.... I certainly hope so, for this could be a life saver! Of course, I would only use it in battle mansion and NEVER against any online players. Thanks for the time and answers.

avvii

Mew
Years
Emulation Link Up

Hello! I just wanted to know what is the best D's emulator for android that can facilitate game connection on different android phones. Any help would be appreciated.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 19, 2015
Hello, i'm french
my brother and i have two android's phone with pokemon FR and the emulator GBA
and we want to play together, i have readed the post but i don't understand what is "pokemon ROM" and where to download it
can you explain me?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 19, 2015
Oh okay pokemon rom is the pokemon's rom version game, so why doesn't walk the link battle ...

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 26, 2015
Can someone help me?? Dream yard crash

Hi i copied my saved file from pokemon white from openemu, To the saved battery files in desmume so i could visit dream yard, But everytime i open my game it doesn't use the save file i copied but a new one appears right away when i open the game like this:

(i cant post links so nevermind)
what can i do about this?

Charizard Gr

Firekeeper
Years
Randomizer

I sincerely do not know if this is the right place to post, if not please move the topic to where it should be originally posted. Thank you.

Alright, it's been quite a while that I've been watching Randomized Nuzlocke LP's in YouTube and thought to myself "Hey, why don't you try it out as well?". So, I searched and found the randomizer, downloaded it along with the ROMs that I would like to play. But there has been a problem. Upon decompression I realised that my program would also unrar the file that triggers the Randomizer program to launch (like unraring a .exe file for applications, but I cannot remember the file type right now).

So I thought I would ask for help here. Can somebody help me and Randomize a Emerald and FireRed rom for me? I've been trying for days now and had no luck neither in randomizing a rom for myself neither finding a already randomized rom. Thanks a lot!

Also, I saw a LP with Pokemon ΩRαS being randomized (can't recall the YouTuber's name right now), can someone tell me if it is possible to do that for my game as well (if it is illegal ignore that last one).

Thank you guys, much appreciated!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I'll move this over to the ROM Hacking forums, where there's a better chance that someone who can answer properly will see this :) good luck!

elcaptino

the one
Years
the extension is .jar ,and you need java runtime for it to work, if you have java its supposed to work fine.
if you need help pm me

H.Lecter

Two-dimensional
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2015
Savegames and RTC support

Hi there,

I recently bought Pokémon FireRed for my girlfriend and Pokémon LeaveGreen for me. Now I am getting here the Smaragd edition too. Since she wants to get all Pokémon (and we only have the Wireless Connectors therefore we cannot traed between for example Ruby and Smaragd) I thought that I use cheatcodes on a rom on my PC and later play the same savegame on my EZ Flash IV and trade the to her.

Since I never played Pokémon games on my EZ Flash IV I have the following questions:

-I will also play a Pokémon Smaragd rom. Will the EZ Flash IV support the RTC?
-Which emulator can I use so that the savegame on my PC can be loaded on the EZ Flash IV?

Years
  • Seen Aug 20, 2017
Transferring 1st and 2nd gen to 6th gen via save editors

So lately my buddy and I have been playing randomized nucklocke playthroughs. We've done Firered and I exported the pkm data from the Firered save using A-Save and then uploaded the .pkm files into PKHeX so I can then bring the Pokemon into my 6th games. We are now playing Pokemon Crystal and I want to export the pokemon into my 6th gen games as well. I used PikaSave which is a 1st and 2nd gen save editor and it works fine and all, I managed to export the .pkm files of our team and everything, but getting them into PKHeX is the problem. When I drag them into PKHeX I get an error saying that the file type or size is incorrect. The file is a .pkm so that's not the problem so I'm guessing it is the size since 2nd gen .pkm files are 67 bytes and 3rd were 80 bytes. Any ideas on how I can get the .pkm files into PKHeX or if there is another save editor that produces a file that will work?

ElectricN

*006119011483‬
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 12, 2019
I've always used gba4ios for my emulator, but as of now they're experiencing some issues, and I don't know of any other emulators for iPhone.

So, I'm looking to use my laptop. It's slow, but not impossibly slow: what would be the best gba emulator for me to use that wouldnt lag or go to slowly?

Last edited:
Back