• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Journeys through Novia [M]

Years
Basically you would battle the pokemon you want to catch and then I'll let you know in a small note whether the catch is successful or not, and if so, what moves it has, based on how interesting, detailed and well written your post is (or perhaps if I feel it will develop your character well). Then in your next post you complete the capture and move on.

Ride The Yoshi

~ Diversity is the key ~
Years
Sorry it took so long... School had been *****-slapping me lately.

Name: Adam Kerrigan

Appearance: Standing at 6'1 and weighing 170 lbs, Adam is of average height and weight for his age, however, his musculature is not as well-tones as other kids his age. He has a rather tanned complexion, due to years of living in the tropics of Novia. Adam has short, dirty blond hair that is styled into somewhat of a fauxhawk, and amber green eyes with hints of copper in them. He is never without a dubious look spread across his face, which sometimes makes it hard for others to decipher his emotions.

Apparel-wise, Adam aims for comfort rather than style. When travelling, he dons a pair of cargo jeans held up by a leather belt that also functions as a place to put Pokeballs for easy access, and a red and white plaid shirt. He also often wears a pair of black combat boots. On his back Adam carries a grey rushsack to hold most of his necessary trainer items. He has a Sharpedo tooth necklace, a gift from his father, strung around his neck, as well.

Personality: Adam is mainly an outward, down-to-earth young man, loaded with a love for adventure and exploration. He is kind-hearted and is generally open to making new friends, but can be belligerent in the heat of battle. Adam strives to do the very least possible, whilst getting the job done and isn't keen on hard work. Despite this, he hates being beaten out by others, his ultimate shortcoming. Adam is very laid back and tries not to be rash in making decisions. He enjoys taking things at his own pace.

Adam isn't normally one to hold grudges, but takes most insults to heart. He often makes assumptions based on first impressions. Although he is generally accepting of others' differences, this has given him a cynical expression that is always present on his face. Adam also has a sickening hatred for all evil organizations in the world. It makes him full of anger and rage that people would treat Pokemon so horribly.

History: Adam's parents resided in Coriolis Town their whole lives and he is no different. He prefers life in the small coastal town over that of a large city because he likes hearing his own thoughts over the sound of people's shoes rushing around on the pavement once in a while. Adam had a relatively small family which leads to why he supposed his parents pampered him so, being that he grew up in an averagely-sized Victorian style manor. Adam would often go off to explore the forests and beaches around Coriolis Town and play with the wild Pokemon that inhabited those areas. Adam spent a lot of time around the docks, as he had been raised in a maritime atmosphere. He developed a love for fishing and now never leaves home without the Great Rod a friend had given to him.

At the age of 14, Adam got into battling as a sport. He began watching tapes of famous trainers pitting their Pokemon against each other in the Pokemon League and other such tournaments. Unlike his mother and father, world-renowned researchers on the history of Pokemon, Adam decided he would take a different path when he left on his journey: that of a trainer. His parents being slightly friendly with Professor Palm due to their studies, he was ecstatic to find out that, as a present for his fifteenth birthday, he would be able to receive a starter Pokemon from the professor the next day. As a small parting gift, his mother bestowed upon Adam a Luxury Ball to keep his new partner in, realizing how important their relationship would be.

Chosen Starter: Dante (Eevee l Male)
Dante is a mischievous Pokemon with a love for attentions. He enjoys getting into trouble and has a signature high-pitched giggle that he uses when pulling a prank. Dante is a bit of a lone wolf and likes to play by his own rules, but is loyal to his trainer and companions.

Any other info: Adam is a tad indecisive. He won't have an easy time choosing which Eeveelution to evolve Dante into. :P

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
I would love to start with Aron please, if that's ok :D (first roleplay!)

Name: Sid Norm

Appearance: Sid's skin is of a olive tone, because of the tropical nature of the Novia region. His hair is very dark brown and is ruffed to the side. Sid stands to 5'8" and is standard weight for his height. His eyes are vibrant green and stand out. Sid normally always has a grin in his face, which compliments to his determined nature.

Sid sports a plain dark, maroon shirt underneath a slick black jacket (like Ash's but long-sleeved) which has a gold PokeBall logo in-front of the chest pocket and a zip. Sid also wears dark blue Denim jeans which has a brown belt and standard sneakers. His backpack is yellow with red accents in colour.

Finally, Sid always hangs a necklace in his neck which has an cracked emerald hanging down on it. The colour is very similar to the colour of Sid's eyes and was a gift from his grandparents when Sid was only 5.

Personality: Sid is of a determined type and always has an optimistic look to every challenge ahead of him. Unfortunately however, although Sid is determined, he doesn't like to work with others; he would much rather do everything himself, as the way he wants to. Sid hates it when he sees people being lazy and always likes to put everything on a job he has been given; whether it be as small as washing the dishes. His enthusiasm can be an annoyance or a great pleasure to a person.

Sid's passion mainly lies in Pokemon battles; although his never been in one, after he watched his first Pokemon battle when he was eight, Sid has been hooked and aspires to be one day the Novia League champion.

History: Sid wasn't originally was from Coriolis Town; his parents moved from Goldenrod City in the Johto Region to settle down on a much quieter town. Before the day the family moved it was Sid's fifth birthday, and his grandparents, who had came to say goodbye, gave the emerald necklace to Sid then. Sid has wore it always ever since.

Sid's father, Bateson, was a Pokemon trainer before he stopped to create a family with Sid's mother, Tiffany. Bateson had a preference of Steel-typed Pokemon when he used to be a trainer, and his best and favourite Pokemon was a very high-leved Aggron, which he had raised ever since he caught it as a Aron in his journey. After one day hearing his son's dream of challenging the Novia League when he grew up, Bateson planned to give his son a Pokemon as a present in his sixteenth birthday to kick-off his adventure.

Chosen Starter: When Sid's sixteenth birthday came, Sid's father gave him a breeded male Aron, who once was an egg from Bateson's two Aggrons. Sid named his first Pokemon Rocky because of his Rock Head ability. Rocky can be clumsy at times and also carefree, but he does share the same grit determination like his trainer. Him and Sid seemed like a perfect match in terms of personality.

Any other info: Although determined on nearly everything, one thing that Sid seemed to be careless about was his cleanliness. Ever since he was a little kid Sid didn't like having showers and so used to stay dirty for weeks before his mom forced him in the bathroom.

If you feel like I should add more, then just feel free to tell me. Thanks!

Years
Yoshi and Sid you are both accepted but for you Yoshi this comes with the stipulation that you'll remain much more active than during the SU process. I'll update the OP soon and I'm looking forward to RPing with you.

Ride The Yoshi

~ Diversity is the key ~
Years
Don't worry about. The past week has been a pain for me, but I was able to finish the papers that were making it hard for me to finally complete the application.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
I have a quick question; on my sign-up post I wrote that my dad gave me my first Pokem ion and in the OP it says that the professor gave the trainers their first Pokemon. Is it okay with you if I structure my role play with my dad giving my first Pokemon? Thanks in advance.

Years
I'm going to let it go (mostly because you're new). Just follow everything else :D

Edit: The IC is up and ready! I'll post a section giving chapter details and then have at it!

Edit: Is there any confusion with Chapter One? If so let me know and I'll happily clear things up for you.

Last edited:

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
Name: Caitlin Cattleya

Appearance: I will be taking on the role of Elite four member Caitlin before she became such a well known trainer following her life through the Novia league and being offered her role at the Battle Frontier. Caitlin is white, blue eyes and Light Brown hair. Seeing as her hometown is unkown it works perfectly for the roleplay!

caitlin_by_pokemongirlwhite-d3kz08s.png
Caitlin as her 14 year old self.

Personality: Caitlin is very shy person at her age, she doesn't like to talk to other people and likes to keep herself secret from the rest of the world.

History: As I mentioned before Caitlin is a shy person until one day she is forced to conquer her fear of the world and is pushed into starting a pokemon journey after turning 14, she was supposed to have started a journey at the age of 10 but put it off due to her fear of other people and pokemon, she is determined to conquer her fair and bond with her future pokemon! Will this happen only time will tell!

Chosen Starter: Elgyem.

Any other info: I don't actually know if it's okay for me to use existing people within the pokemon universe but I feel because Caitlin doesn't have a hometown that Novia would work as a great start for her and seeing as the last starter pokemon to be chosen is Elgyem is would play perfectly into where her love for Psychic pokemon came from trust me to make this adventure work for both me and Caitlin!

Years
I don't mind you having a character based loosely on Caitlyn but I'd rather you did not play as an already existing character. Especially at a younger age since this RP in no way takes place in the past.

As for the actual quality of you SU (Sign-Up); I like how you characterise but you need to include more detail in nearly all aspects.

Description: An actual description of your characters appearance is mandatory even if you include a picture.

History: Why is she shy? Has something happened to make her like this? Has she always lived in Novia? Has anything significant ever happened to her in her life?

Starter: This contained none of the information I asked for in the SU.

I'll say this one more time, just in case, I have no issue with you basing your character off of Caitlyn but you cannot play as Caitlyn herself. I appreciate your characterisation of her, our RP does need a character like that, just fix up your sign-up. I'll put Elgyem as reserved so nobody can take your spot whilst you fix your SU.

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
I don't mind you having a character based loosely on Caitlyn but I'd rather you did not play as an already existing character. Especially at a younger age since this RP in no way takes place in the past.

As for the actual quality of you SU (Sign-Up); I like how you characterise but you need to include more detail in nearly all aspects.

Description: An actual description of your characters appearance is mandatory even if you include a picture.

History: Why is she shy? Has something happened to make her like this? Has she always lived in Novia? Has anything significant ever happened to her in her life?

Starter: This contained none of the information I asked for in the SU.

I'll say this one more time, just in case, I have no issue with you basing your character off of Caitlyn but you cannot play as Caitlyn herself. I appreciate your characterisation of her, our RP does need a character like that, just fix up your sign-up. I'll put Elgyem as reserved so nobody can take your spot whilst you fix your SU.

I shall remove myself from the roleplay, I am not a good improviser and find it would make more sense to follow a roleplay in the way I was trying to mold Caitlin already, as for the lack of description I was really tired when I wrote it so that is why it lacks depth I apologize for that.

Years
Well I can respect that decision and I hope to roleplay with you at some time in the near future.

Elgyem is still reserved, now by Kezius.

Years
Here we go. If it needs fixing or expanding let me know.

Spoiler:

Years
Accepted Kezius, I'd never considered the loophole that a character could easily have been living somewhere else, travelling to Coriolis to get their pokemon. Based on what I have seen of you in other RPs I'll leave this be. I don't see how he has been alone most of his life if he spent all that time taking care of his mother but apart from that small flaw everything is all good. I'd appreciate you fixing that, butt you're in regardless.

Years
I more so meant that in - he was taking care of his mother the whole time so he had little time for other interactions. No friends and such. I can easily change it if required though.

Years
Okay Kezius, looking forward to it.

@Eeveelution Coordinator, Minnesotan Gamer, JasonWolf, Blaziken 153, Ride the Yoshi - Please post in the IC ASAP so I don't mistakenly think you have become inactive.

Back