• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Breeders Unite!! ~~ Pokemon Breeders Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savant

Natural Born Breeder
Years
What is the Pokemon that you've bred that took the longest time/most effort?

Definitely my current project, since this is the first time that I actually have a goal in mind, and I have a bit of experience from the casual breeding I did in B2/W2. I'm currently at 3+ boxes of Staryu, so 100ish I'd say, and so far I have 6 babies with four perfect IVs and a bunch with three perfect IVs, thanks to Destiny Knot ^^

Savant, congrats on your Shiny Eevee! That's some twisted luck you got there though, it took you 20 eggs to get a shiny (odds being 1/1365) and 16 eggs to get a female (odds being 1/2)!

Thanks! Here's a picture.
Spoiler:

I've been trying to get a Run Away Oddish from the Friend Safari so I can breed it but I haven't encountered a single one so far! >_<

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
So what eeveelution are you going for?

And were you ever online at the same time as your friend? Because hidden abilities only show up in the friend safari if you and your friend were online at the same time at some point.

Sotani

Pokemon Breeder Yuki
Years
This is off topic but I have another question about breeding perfect Ivs. Say I was going for 5 out of the 6 stats, is the goal to compensate for the stat that has the least base power, or is the goal to further develop the highest? Like.. Axew has base stats of

HP 46
Attack 87
Defense 60
Sp. Atk 30
Sp. Def 40
Speed 57

So is my goal to get a Axew that has pefect stats except for attack? Since clearly the attack is the highest regardless, or is my goal to try and get perfect attack and leave out special attack so that I can just kill whatever comes out with duel chop?

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Usually you should try to improve a Pokemon's best stats. In this case, Axew/Haxorus is an offensive Pokemon, and its Attack stat is much higher that its Sp. Attack, and its best moves are Physical moves, so it makes sense to invest in Attack and just ignore Sp. Attack.

If you check Haxorus's stats on bulbapedia, you can see that the maximum Sp. Attack (considering max IV, EVs and favorable nature) at level 100 is 240, while the minimum Attack stat (considering 0 IV, EVs and unfavorable nature) is 269. Why waste all the effort on Sp. Attack then, especially since if you invest in Attack, it can get as high as 432. So instead of good stats on both Attack and Sp. Attack, you get an average Sp. Attack (that will never be used anyway) and a killer Attack stat, that will help you defeat other 'mon in fewer moves.

Tek

Years
Miau put it well, you generally want to maximize a pokemon's better stats. Another thing to consider is what the poke's role in your party will be. For example, will a pokemon learn moves that use sp. atk or atk?

I actually ended up sacrificing my Kingler's speed stat (which is decent) to maximize its sp. def (which is meh). I did this because I raise lots of dragons, and I needed a pokemon that could stand up to ice type moves.

Sotani

Pokemon Breeder Yuki
Years
I managed to breed about 7 quirky 5 IV Axews with unnerve and I'm willing to give them out free to members of the club if anyones interested! Thank you guys for helping me understand IV breeding. I'm still working on a perfect Axew but the ones I bred are missing Sp. Attack which I heard is not a problem, a couple of them are missing Hp if you'd rather have that but I doubt it.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Congrats, that's great! How many boxes did you breed? I'm just curious, since I've yet to get a 5 IV Staryu, though I can't really say exactly how many eggs I hatched, because I've been Wonder Trading them in the meanwhile.

BTW, I'd recommend Wonder Trading your bred Pokemon that you don't need, especially if you have a bunch. There are a lot of people doing this, so I was able to get a few 4+ IV Pokemon that I might use as parents later on.

Sotani

Pokemon Breeder Yuki
Years
Alright, the offer will still be open for a while. When I get my 6 IV i'll start wondertrading them. I'd say I bred around 5 boxes but I released ones that only had 1, 2 IVs and 3 later on when I was looking for 4+ so my boxes wouldn't get crowded.

I have a lot of pre-breeded pokemon for trading purposes that are taking up my boxes so i'm going to wondertrade those away tonight then release the pokemon I get back if they're common so I'll have more room for IV breeding.

I think it's actually pretty fun! I've always bred pokemon but Now I can breed for a reason. Goodluck on your Staryu, I honestly got very very lucky when passing on the stats. They all got exactly what they needed.

Tek

Years
There's a lot of good poké-breeding going on around here! I'm glad to be part of this group.

Current Topic: What is the Pokemon that you've bred that took the longest time/most effort?
I have FINALLY gotten my pair of Trapinch ready for breeding. Here they are:

PATRIARCH the Trapinch
Lv. 92 Brave Male
Earth Power/Feint/Quick Attack/Fissure
Perfect Speed IV

BROODMAMA the Trapinch
Lv. 90 Hasty Female
Earth Power/Feint/Dig/Fissure
Perfect HP IV

So, as you can see, they will produce some killer Flygon. BROODMAMA may have other perfect IVs, I'm away from my DS and can't remember right now. I plan to pass on PATRIARCH's speed IV and BROODMAMA's nature to the babies. If anyone wants one, just let me know! My friend codes are on my profile page.

kanakinz.

- - just another pokébreeder
Years
Hey everyone! I'm Kana. I'm kind of new to breeding, since I've only started breeding this new generation (which- I dont know why.. I enjoy creating a perfect little poke ^_^) But this club seems like a perfect place to share my breeding adventures, and also to hear all of yours! I'm definitely interested in all the pokes others were able to breed for. Anyway, my sign up form:

Username: _Espeon
What is the Pokemon that you've bred that you are most proud of?: I'm currently still on my very first breeding project. It's not complete yet, but so far I have 2 Bold Eevee's with 4IVs with Wish. Once I get the 5IVs I want (-Atk), I'll be extremely proud of it since it is my first project :) I'm also currently breeding with a Japanese Ditto so hopefully a shiny might pop out somewhere amongst all my eggs.
Partner Pokemon (Up to three, nicknames permitted): Lani the Espeon
Trophy Pokemon (Read introduction for details): I have none right now :(

Answer to the Current Topic:
Will you participate in the current Pokemon Group Breeding Project? If so, give details if details for project are required: Of course! First, I'll have to go and capture a female stunfisk of course. And in order to get the egg move Earth Power, I'll breed her with a male Corsola that I'll also have to capture and level up. Since I have a Corsola FS, I'll probably use that to find the father so that the baby can have the chance of getting a few IVs as well.

What is the Pokemon that you've bred that took the longest time/most effort? This Eevee project I'm currently working on has taken me 3 days as of now, and since it is my first.. it would be the longest and the most effort. XD Any expert tips for breeding by the way for a newbie? I think I have the basics down (passing down natures, egg moves, abilities, ivs)

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Hi Kana, good luck with your Eevee breeding ^^

I guess you already know all the items you need to pass down natures, IVs and abilities, like the Everstone and Destiny Knot. If you ever need good parents, the Friend Safari is a good place to start, since you are guaranteed to always get a Pokemon with at least two perfect IVs. Make sure to swap the parents as you go, i.e. start with a parent with 2 perfect IVs, when you get a baby with 3 perfect IVs, swap them so you can have better chances for the future babies.

A Pokemon with the ability Synchronize is preferred when you go out to catch parents, because you have a 50% chance that the wild Pokemon you encounter will have the same nature as your Synchronizer. It just needs to be the first in your party, it can even be fainted. So it's a good idea to have a bunch of Synchronizers with good natures to make stuff easier when you want to start a new breeding project.

Speaking of abilities, if you lead with a Pokemon with Cute Charm, you have a 66.6% chance that the wild Pokemon you encounter will be of the opposite gender, regardless of its species original gender ratio.

Oh and having a Pokemon with Flame Body in your party halves the time needed to hatch your eggs. My favorite is Talonflame; I also gave it Fly so I can easily go back and forth from the Day Care to Kiloude City to check in with the IV judge after I hatch a bunch of eggs.

Hope any of this was at least a bit helpful ;)

kanakinz.

Years
Thanks! ♥ It's a little time consuming, especially since it takes quite a lot of steps to hatch these eevee eggs! I found a trick that makes it a little easier than cycling back and forth on Route 7 however! I usually fly to Lumiose City, go to the very middle where the tower/gym is, and circle around and around until an egg hatches.

Thank you for the advice Miau! I actually love my talonflame as well for the same exact reasons ^_^

kanakinz.

Years
Finally got an Eevee with the 5ivs I wanted! (minus attack) I was hoping for a female, but hey, what were the chances of that happening? Lol. I'm gonna let the parents stay in there and produce a few more eggs, so hopefully I can have a few with 5ivs.

I'll probably work on that stunfisk later on today, and once I breed one of those I'll start my next project, Malamar! :pink_love:

// Edit: BTW, I got a female with the 5iv's I wanted. I named her Kairi, she's going to be my new Sylveon C:

Last edited:

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Congrats, Kana! I actually just watched the Eevee and Friends short this morning, I was going to hunt for female Eevee in the FS while watching, but my eyes were just glued to the my laptop screen and I was just standing there with my 3DS in my hands without even flying to Kiloude yet {XD}

I've started breeding Heliotile BTW, started with a JAP female with 4 perfect IVs and a male with 3 perfect IVs, and I couldn't believe it when my very first hatch was a 31/x/31/31/31/31 male o_O

Tek

Years
@_espeon: Nice job on the eevee, kana. They DO take forever to hatch, don't they?

@_ChipmunkGamingInc.: I'm itching for a project. Let's breed something blue this time! Or pink, or whatever really :D

This morning I'm breeding a psyduck for a friend who likes pokemon that are confused, sleepy, or lazy. So far I bred a random psyduck with my Timid ditto to get a Timid female psyduck with a perfect special attack IV. Currently I'm leveling the father, which is a stantler with a perfect HP IV. He's going to pass hypnosis and confuse ray to the psyduck. I'll update once it's all said and done.

Update: six hours and six thousand pokedollars later, it's done. I'm attaching a photo to show the breeding chain. It got a bit complicated. Anyway here's the baby:

B****-Arms the Psyduck
Timid Male
Hypnosis/Confuse Ray/Confusion/Water Pulse
31|x|x|31|x|31

I plan to teach him Signal Beam and possibly Icy Wind at the battle frontier. Also nominating B****-Arms as a trophy pokemon. Sure, his Fury Swipes will barely even tickle, but as a special sweeper he totally rules.

Last edited:
Years
Username: Sheep
What is the Pokemon that you've bred that you are most proud of?: My modest 31/x/31/31/31/31 Manectric, probably. Oh, and the shiny Gastly I hatched a few weeks ago!
Partner Pokemon (Up to three, nicknames permitted): Whimsicott, Mareep, Emolga

Trophy Pokemon (Read introduction for details): My Manectric! He may not be shiny but he is strong and awesome. He's my mega evolution in X and packs a punch when I use him.. him having the ability to learn Flamethrower sure helps out a lot too.

What is the Pokemon that you've bred that took the longest time/most effort?
I'm trying to breed nicely-IVed Litleos and am still not done. :( It's been taking weeks but that's because I want a male one with Unnerve and the chances of a boy hatching are 25%.. agh. Well, eventually I'll get there and it gives me things to do.

Not sure if I have time to participate in the breeding project yet but we'll see when my exams end!

kanakinz.

Years
Hi Sheep! Wow, congrats on hatching a shiny gastly! I'm absolutely in love with mega shiny gengar. The white looks crazy incredible.

Thanks Miau ^_^ Ooh, I watched that as well! It's so adorably cute. Haha, and I do that so many times as well! I'm distracted so easily. d: Wow, congrats! That's pretty lucky for your first hatch! I ended up doing my little Inkay/Malamar Project. I used a Froakie with 5ivs as the father and it took me less than 10 minutes to get a female Adamant Inkay with Contrary with 5ivs as well. I tried breeding them together for the next few hours in hopes of getting a flawless inkay, but that didn't work. I'll probably throw the parents back in later, after I've done other breeding projects. But I took some offspring from the froakie/inkay and got my 31|31|31|x|31|31 female inkay with contrary.

Thanks YZN! Congrats on the Psyduck! Cool egg moves. Lol.

I like the blue/pink idea. I would try for a shiny dratini. I love how its pink! It bothers me so much that shiny dragonite is green -___- Personally, I would like to do a project thats kind of holiday-winter related. Maybe I'll try breeding some type of ice pokemon. Any suggestions?

Tek

Years
I used a Froakie with 5ivs as the father and it took me less than 10 minutes to get a female Adamant Inkay with Contrary with 5ivs as well.

Arrgh... So jealous of gen 6 breeding mechanics. 4v is the best I can hope for even with a full on ditto ranch and hours of time. But I like this idea of breeding an ice type. I've decided to devote my Saturday mornings to breeding since I want to spend less time playing video games in my life generally.

And welcome to sheep. I don't have admitting privileges but welcome anyhow :]

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
YZN, Psyduck definitely fits the bill (pun intended). My boyfriend was asking me the other day how come Psyduck isn't a Psychic-type, and I just told him that he doesn't have native psychic powers, he just has headaches {XD}

Jokes aside, yeah, breeding got a lot easier in gen 6, so I have to say that you did a great job with your Psyduck, congrats!

Sheep, welcome to the club! Wow, Mega Manectric looks so cool, I really need to go hunt for the mega stones, I don't know if I'll ever use even a few of them, but I wanna collect them all because they look like marbles. Oh but I didn't know Litleo was a mostly female species, what gives?

Kana, thanks, and congrats on your Inkay as well! It's one of my favorite gen 6 Pokemon, I used Baudelaire the Malamar♂ in my playthrough, and he was great! Now, there aren't any official sources, these are just my calculations, but if you're going for flawless, I think you're looking at a 1/192 rate with both parents with 5 perfect IVs and missing the same IV, a.i. 1/6 rate to have the undesired stat not passed down, and 1/32 rate to get a perfect IV in that stat. So about 6-7 boxes, but it could take less or more than that of course.

So guys, I kept breeding some Helioptile this afternoon, and well, let me introduce you to my very first MM shiny !!1!one!

1mhS7.png

sorry for bad quality, oh and for the record, I can't wink my left eye
so he was so sad after this, and it kinda breaks my heart, that's why I hate the stupid face game

His name is Heinz - yeah, like the ketchup. Timid, Dry Skin, x/x/31/31/31/31, HP Dragon. I can't believe I got so lucky today, I'm probably going to have horrible luck for while {XD}

Oh and I also have an extra 5IV male, missing Atk, Timid, Dry Skin if anyone wants to take him, yup.

Last edited:

kanakinz.

Years
I didn't breed in any of the other gens ~_~ I guess I waited until it got easy lol. I'm gonna go back and restart some old games that I've had, so maybe I can attempt? Might be difficult this it is easier in gen vi. Lol.

So the parents need to be missing the same iv? Oops, see. I was doing parents with different spreads. I'll definitely give it a try later on, looks to me like it takes some patience and luck. But not impossible. So that's good.

Oh my goodness! OuO I'm super jealous!! Congrats on Heinz, hes really cute! Hehe. And pretty good ivs, you are sooo lucky. I'm not as lucky when it comes to MM. I spent ageeeeees on trying for a shiny mawile through MM. I gave up. -_-

By the way I completely know what you mean with that game. It frustrates me when it doesn't recognize my face. My pokes get so sad and its so heartbreaking and after I tried literally 15 times in a row and it wouldnt recognize my face tilted I gave up on that game forever.

Now working on Goodra/Goomy. Not feeling too lucky as I keep getting 1-2 ivs when the parents have 4 and 3. Wah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back