• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] How to change type effectiveness comment?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 1, 2016
I know in PokeBattle_Battler the Type effectiveness chart reads this:

if numhits>1
if target.damagestate.typemod>4
@battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("It's super effective!"))
elsif target.damagestate.typemod>=1 && target.damagestate.typemod<4
@battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("It's not very effective..."))
end

How can I add "It's ultra effective!" and "It's extremely ineffective" for 4x weakness and 0.25 resistance respectively?

Last edited by a moderator:

Arkadious

Developer of Fragmentum
Years
I did something along the lines of this:

Spoiler:

Red indicates lines that I've either added or changed. Also, PokeCommunity reset the formatting.

Pokemon Essentials 16.2 uses the number value 8 as neutral effectiveness. I played around with the numbers until I discovered that 16 is the maximum number for a move to be considered "Super effective" by the game. Similarly, the game treats anything less than 8 and greater than or equal to 1 as being "Not very effective".

All I did was define the boundaries by changing the Super Effective lines of code to work between being greater than 8 and less or equal to 16 (and only display the Super Effective message in that range), then making it say something if the value is greater than 16. I didn't need to change the Not Very Effective one as it was already very well defined. Did the exact same thing for it being less than 1, however that one might not work (haven't gotten round to testing it yet as I just made it about an hour or so before this post).

This worked for me, but there are probably better ways.

Edit: Tested it. Extreme ineffectiveness doesn't work.

Last edited:
Back