• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Guides and Walkthroughs

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 12, 2014
I've been playing a lot of Kingdom Hearts. A ton of it. It's really my first time getting so far into the game. When I last played it, I didn't care about completion. Who cares what percentage I got, as long as I beat it right? Well, nowadays I feel compelled to get EVERYTHING in every game I play. The game can't be put down unless I do so. Since it's an RPG, I scoured the web looking for my most dreaded aspect of any video game: missables. Lost forevers.

Then it got me thinking... wouldn't it be more impressive if I got everything without a guide? Then I began to question if I should even use guides to begin with. When I get something with a guide, I was essentially lead to it. If I found it without the guide and I was looking EVERYWHERE for it, I'd feel super accomplished.

I guess my question to you is how you personally feel about the usage of guides and walkthroughs for any single player game. Whether it be boss tips, treasure maps, or a full blown walkthrough.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Sometimes I rely on guides on puzzles that I'm absolutely stumped at, like the NES version of Legend of Zelda... I had no clue on where to go and how to go through that magic forest. XD

I really don't think there's anything wrong with them, since they're there for your own convenience. Or, if you want to press on without one and figure out everything on your own, then that's cool too. It really depends on the gamer.

Back