• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xlugon Pyro

Dragon Tamer
Years
I get more offended when I'm given an award when I didn't accomplish anything like those silly participation ribbons I got for competing in middle school track & field. A lot more people feel bad that they didn't win their event or the tournament. but that doesn't mean awards or competition as a whole ought to be abolished. I do suspect that there might be biases present in the nomination process, but if I think that's the case, then I wont be upset by the results. If someone's self-esteem is so tarnished by an award event on a small internet community, I see a much bigger problem with the person who's upset about the results rather than the event itself.

MY TWO CENTS.

I think Jake(music note thingy here) makes a good point. I grain of salt e'r'ythang! Healthy skepticism FTW!

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
What is your ideal setting when it comes to a Roleplay?
What kind of place, scenario, time do you most like to Roleplay in?

For me, I enjoy Roleplays that incorporate Superpower and Supernatural themes. Despite being on a Pokemon Forum, am not overly eager to join Pokemon RPs. When it comes to time, I prefer something in the modern setting, but I'm not adverse to high fantasy.

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
The RPAs are not to make people feel bad about themselves, but rather encourages people to improve their skills. Back when the RPAs first started, members actually got excited about the contest and sign-up and post quality drastically improved. After the RPAs finished, the quality stayed and members would congratulate winners and continue to improve for a chance to win the next one. It's not meant to force members to the death against each other or leave others depressed afterwards.

I actually enjoy seeing the excitement surrounding the RPAs and love seeing those who are purposely putting the extra mile in.

Also, there used to be a thread that existed to give advice about Roleplay characters, storylines, etc back when Red was mod but the thread itself wasn't used very often (most people just used the Discussion Thread for those kinds of things) and was removed.

But like Sv said, if you have any suggestions surround the RPAs or threads or perhaps a new competition like the Roleplay Olympics, do PM me. :)

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
I actually thought up a great idea for the RPAs, though I'll speak to Skymin and get some feedback and input first, before I explain it. If it's not good enough, I probably just won't repeat it. Maybe I'll improve or change the idea as I see accordingly.

I will say, relevant to the RPAs or not, an Apprentice Thread sounds like a fantastic idea (if you don't mind that Mother Yellow will hog all of the apprentices for herself) and could really improve the overall post quality of our community. Thumbs up on that idea.

We interrupt my half-minded chatter to bring you a special broadcast bulletin:

Ichiro and Skymin have the same signature!!

SKYMIN, CAN YOU NOT SEE, IT IS PLAIN AS DAY, HE WANTS YOU TO BE HIS WAIFU

And, we're back.

I like original Roleplays as much as I do the Roleplays based on series' and games. Pokemon, Zelda, You name it. If I like the series, I could potentially join an RP based on a theme or idea I like, depending on how it is depicted in its OOC post.

I love fantasy stories. If someone ever makes a Dragon Age Roleplay, I might just scream like a girly fanboy Hell, if someone made a Roleplay out of something you really liked, how could you /not/ join it? Other than if the RP was created poorly, that is.

SOMEONE DO WOLF'S RAIN, PLEASE.

FORSAKEN is still looking for pairs, you guys. Click that little banner down there~!

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Doronjo, your RP seems lovely, and so a spot has been reserved. And speaking of which, The Zeta Emergence would love some more sign-ups!

I'm more partial to RP with some basic lore that's already created as opposed to completely made-up RPs. I just feel like it's easier to RP with something established (Such as Pokémon and their existance), than something completely made-up, as it's possible that as the RP continues that it can sort of...stop making sense? I guess it's really up to how well the creator of the RP thinks out their story and the history it's based on.

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
ARE YOU BORED? ARE YOU SEEKING ADVENTURE? OR DO YOU JUST SIMPLY WANT TO JOIN ANOTHER ROLEPLAY?

THEN YOU ARE IN LUCK!

Aerion, the high fantasy roleplay GM'd by the tag team of Raikiri and Supervegeta are seeking new members for the Knights of Ekilore to band together to save the world! This is your opportunity to join them!

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!

Actually, there isn't really anything more to add than that. Just know, that both Supervegeta and myself are very helpful in addressing questions or concerns with the signing up process to join the epic adventure of Aerion, so give it a look and sign up. It's going to be awesome. I promise.

After all, I am running it.

END SHAMELESS ADVERTISING.

Reactions: SV
Years
I was sitting around doing nothing today when a thought crossed my mind and it made me wonder; have any of you ever written a sequel or spin-off story to an RP you have written? It is something I'm considering trying so I'd like to hear your thoughts on the idea.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
I was sitting around doing nothing today when a thought crossed my mind and it made me wonder; have any of you ever written a sequel or spin-off story to an RP you have written? It is something I'm considering trying so I'd like to hear your thoughts on the idea.

Pokemon Odyssey: A New Beginning is a sequel to my completed RP, The Pokemon Odyssey. The problem with planning a sequel to your RP is you first have to try to actually finish your RP, which is a rarity around here. Nonetheless, I imagine a lot of people sometimes account for sequels to their RPs, as many assume they would finish. There's been a few sequels in the past here at RPC, check out the RP Library for the completed Roleplays with sequels.

Years
Pokemon Odyssey: A New Beginning is a sequel to my completed RP, The Pokemon Odyssey. The problem with planning a sequel to your RP is you first have to try to actually finish your RP, which is a rarity around here. Nonetheless, I imagine a lot of people sometimes account for sequels to their RPs, as many assume they would finish. There's been a few sequels in the past here at RPC, check out the RP Library for the completed Roleplays with sequels.

Thanks for that :D

I do have a bit of a contingency plan for that anyway since what I have written out can easily be slightly edited to be an entirely new RP xD
I might have a look at some of those for ideas anyway.

Kawaii Pikachu :3

"The Cutiest Pokemon Gamer!"
Years
Hi everyone! :) I was tossing around starting a RP. I'm still working on it but here is a little sneak-peek trailer of it.

In a world where magic and machine collide, two young heroes depart on a perilous adventure. Momo Ardal, a spunky water magician with a short temper, and her brother Lucus Ardal, a curious goofball who is an excellent earth magician, set out in search of the legendary Acala. Little do our heroes know, a dark cloud looms over the land of Lacardia. Lutharan, a cruel and power-hungry king, seeks the power of the Acala to rule both man and machine. Can Momo and Lucus stop the deranged king from taking over the world? Or will Lutharan enslave the world and become all powerful? The answers to these questions and more lie within the magical world of Lacardia.

There will be more characters then just Momo, and Lucus. Those two are just the two main characters I created. (and more bad guys then just Lutharan) I originally made this as a story for one of my assignments. :P So some tweeking is needed. But what do you guys think for the general idea of it? Magic and Machines meet/combine in this world.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years

Short answer: Yes. My previous RP, Atlantis Arising had plans in the works for a sequel that would take place a couple of years after it. Also Focus Shift: A New Awakening was more of an 'alternate timeline' than a sequel to my RP prior; Focus Shift.

Generally I try not to plan too much of a sequel considering the first has yet to finish, but it is always good to have some sort of incentive/project to get you to the end of an RP. I believe if you look in the RP Library Red has revived, there is a lost of completed RPs, some of which have sequels like Supervegeta's Odyssey, Mira's Pokemon Etermination, etc.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
I'm currently planning a sequel to a RP a friend of mine had started way back in 2011. Of course we had finished it and development has been reaaaaaaaaally slow (mainly because of my laziness) but I hope this one finishes as well.

EvilSkittles

Lord of the kitchen
Years
So many new interesting rps, I just wanna sign up for all of them. I'm actively having to hold myself back here, anyone else have this problem?

Being new to this section, I really don't know what to think about the RPA's. I'm all in favor of a revival of an apprentice thread. Lord knows I need some help.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Some more pairs for FORSAKEN would be very nice!

Come on, don't you have a buddy to play with?

It's down there! Click it!

|
|
V​

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
I'm currently brainstorming ways to make the next day in The Pokemon Trainer's Academy exciting and unique as the current day starts to near it's close. I'll probably poll the members for who'd like a sequel after it's finished.

I do enjoy canonizing the events of an RP on my character though. In future RPs, past RPs are simply part of their history!~

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
@ yellow, that sounds cool. I mostly make new characters for new RPs so I've never thought about doing that. It would work for some RPs who build on the ~same 'verse, like the gameverse or the animeverse, even if they don't have the same GMs.

On another note, I finally updated the RP Library for the first time since 9 feb :p sorry. Been busy. But now it should be up to date again.

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
I'm back~

... more or less. I'm actually here to ask for a way to make RP SU more interesting and innoventive*.

Do you guys have any good ideas? I have one, but it involves one or more players.

* - A word invented by my Alma Matter. It means Innovative and Inventive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back