• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Patching & Emulation

Sefuree

Canada Goose
Years
i dont know about the emulator on the sd card, but you can buy a 3ds/ds r4 chip and there are plenty of tutorials to help you put your games on the r4

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 25, 2015
How can I change the story line in the game with like the events in Advance Map? I need to change the events to different things happening or how do I add my own events like so?

Years
Hello. I tried to search for this glitch fix somewhere but can't find a definitive answer and the game-specific help thread has been closed for being too old.

Basically in Desmume 0.9.10 Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver occasionally get a sprite glitch around the player and walking through a door stops it but only for a while. Is there any way of stopping this? Like are there any settings I can change to even improve it? I would have thought they would have fixed this by now :/

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 6, 2015
i heard once that you can convert a USB cable to a GBA link cble. i wanna downloadd demos (if i can find a ROM) to put them on my GBA SP.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 18, 2014
Okay I've been trying to figure this one out as well since it's so annoying when trying to play gbc games. It's not a perfect fix but I think I've figured out more than anyone else on this topic. To slow down the "Speed up" option from 4000-5000% to 1000%, go Options > Video > Render Method > OpenGL. It's still not as slow as we would like it to be, but it's at least bearable now. I do apologize for digging up a 5 year old forum, but at least now people will have an answer.

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2023
So I believe this question have been asked many times before, it is possible now to trading between two Gen. IV games in emulator? Say, between HG and SS on two simultaneously running emulator.

Been searching around the Net but all of the discussions are over 2-3 years which is obsolete now. Pal Park is definitely possible, but with the wifi GTS system already been shut down it means that trading now won't be available for the emulator isn't it? I just want to confirm that, thanks.

Years
I was hoping that someone here could help out a fellow pokecommuter and pokemon fan. I wanted to get my hands on what I believe is called an R4. I am not sure that this is what I am looking for or not, what I want is a blank DS card that I can load roms on. These of course would only be roms of games I own so as far as I know it would be legal.

If anyone knows a reputable website that I can get one from I would be very appreciative.

vivek_chat

Need a Mapper? Remember me!
Years
I was playing Pokemon HG on Desume the other day, I managed to go all the way upto beating Lance. But once I beat him and the game saves, all I get is a black screen and it refuses to load..

Help please? :(

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I was playing Pokemon HG on Desume the other day, I managed to go all the way upto beating Lance. But once I beat him and the game saves, all I get is a black screen and it refuses to load..

Help please? :(
Do you have a previous save?

What does "AI Value" means in A-Trainer?
I think it's AI intelligence in battle...?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Okay hi help I suck at emulators and I've been on PC for ten years and never went into these sections but I think I'm in the right place ANYWAY

So. Got AAI2, patched the translation on, played on desmume 0.9.10 for two cases, all good... case 3 won't run. Apparently this is a problem that is known about and the recommended solution is to play on desmume 0.9.9 or no$gba. BUT. I can't get either to load my save files? Yes, files, not states, I know that much I think. Tried exporting to .sav & importing, no luck. 0.9.9 won't read the .dsv. I don't want to play two cases all over less than a week after I did it the first time. HELP.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
Years
Okay hi help I suck at emulators and I've been on PC for ten years and never went into these sections but I think I'm in the right place ANYWAY

So. Got AAI2, patched the translation on, played on desmume 0.9.10 for two cases, all good... case 3 won't run. Apparently this is a problem that is known about and the recommended solution is to play on desmume 0.9.9 or no$gba. BUT. I can't get either to load my save files? Yes, files, not states, I know that much I think. Tried exporting to .sav & importing, no luck. 0.9.9 won't read the .dsv. I don't want to play two cases all over less than a week after I did it the first time. HELP.

Yo, Anna! So first off, I do not have a computer at the moment to replicate your problem, so sorry in advance for my poor knowledge.

So basically, you want to be able to convert your save files so that AA12 can run properly, or at least load your saves. Well, I looked on the offical website and this is what I found:

Can I convert a save file from ideas or no$gba nocash or my flash cart to DeSmuME .dsv? or from a .duc or any other save file format?
First, try importing the save file:
close the emulator and delete any existing .DSV and .SAV file for that game
open the emulator and the game. wait for the game to settle down on the title screen
import the save file. reset the rom.
now, if your save files appear, you have succeeded. otherwise, you need to take other measures.
Convert the save file using [4] or [5]
Target format should be DeSmuME or RAW
Load the game. Let it get to the main menu
Select the correct backup size*, as specified by advanscene.com (which is not always right, by the way)
Use File > Import Backup Memory and pick the converted save file
Reset the emulator
(* Step 3 is not always necessary, if you are smart and lucky, however, it will never hurt to do it, unless you pick the wrong size)
Can I convert a DeSmuME .dsv to No$gba or Nocash .sav savefile?
Use File > Export Backup Memory
Name the save file
Import the battery into the emulator you are using.

Again, I apologize for the lack of knowing any recent knowledge on desume. I would suggest trying that first and someone(with a bit more recent know-how) can come in and help you, on a more personal level. Hope this helps, Anna!

EDIT: http://wiki.desmume.org/index.php?t...E_.dsv_to_No.24gba_or_Nocash_.sav_savefile.3F

Here's the link to the page!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Yo, Anna! So first off, I do not have a computer at the moment to replicate your problem, so sorry in advance for my poor knowledge.

So basically, you want to be able to convert your save files so that AA12 can run properly, or at least load your saves. Well, I looked on the offical website and this is what I found:

Again, I apologize for the lack of knowing any recent knowledge on desume. I would suggest trying that first and someone(with a bit more recent know-how) can come in and help you, on a more personal level. Hope this helps, Anna!

EDIT: http://wiki.desmume.org/index.php?t...E_.dsv_to_No.24gba_or_Nocash_.sav_savefile.3F

Here's the link to the page!
Okay so I've tried the no$ one and it just refuses to do it. And I'm not sure what it means by reset the emulator or the rom? Just close the program or? And I'm kind of afraid to delete all my .sav and .dsv files :( idk I'll try again when i get home but I was trying like everything yesterday and it was frustrating. :(

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Okay so I've tried the no$ one and it just refuses to do it. And I'm not sure what it means by reset the emulator or the rom? Just close the program or? And I'm kind of afraid to delete all my .sav and .dsv files :( idk I'll try again when i get home but I was trying like everything yesterday and it was frustrating. :(
Have you tried just copying the dsvs from 0.9.10 DeSmuME save folder to 0.9.9 save folder?
Playing DeS saves on No$ isn't a good solution, it's known to be buggy even if you do somehow import the saves.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Have you tried just copying the dsvs from 0.9.10 DeSmuME save folder to 0.9.9 save folder?
Playing DeS saves on No$ isn't a good solution, it's known to be buggy even if you do somehow import the saves.
Okay so I've done that and I realized that the problem may be that... I don't know how to open a .dsv file...

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 5, 2014
I couldn't find a place to ask this so I hope this is OK..Please tell me if there's a better place to post this kind of question!

I would like to try a randomized Nuzlocke, but I can't find any good randomizers that don't require Java(I'm not allowed to use Java, so that means I can't use the Universal Pokemon Randomizer). I've searched on Youtube and Google, and so far have found randomizers for wild Pokemon only.
Does anyone know a code or a download I can use? I have OpenEmu as my emulator and I use a Mac.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
Years
Yeah that is... not working. There is no option to load a savestate or file.

Usually problems like this steams from the save and the game it pretains to, not being the same name outside its extension(.dsv, .sav, etc). So if the game is "Pokemon" then the save file must be named "Pokemon" too. The game and save must also be in the same folder.

Did you check that?

Back