• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Favorite & least favourite Pokemon of the 5th Gen?

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years

Oh wow, that must've been a challenge! In regards to Archeops, that is. I certainly couldn't get something with that ability to such a high level. tbh that kinda put me off liking Archeops, or using it even competitively because yeah it's a bird but it doesn't really have a great design and has a sucky ability. ;(

30k.
The design of a Pokemon's sprite is almost more important to me than how strong they are or what their ability is. If I have a Pokemon that I hate the design of, it kind of ruins the game for me. I have to like the way they look. It took that into consideration when I was picking my first team. All but two of my Pokemon were caught early on in the game, but the next playthrough I do will have a lot of Pokemon from later in the game because now I know which ones I like and where to find them!

Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2012
My fav pokemon of Generation V is Pansage and the one i hate the most is Stunkfisk

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I'm in love with Leavanny :( It's just so cute and strong and ungh.

Least favorite is probably like Roggenrolla. Sturdy my ass.

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2013
Favorites:

Reuniclus - Tough, check. Can 1hit easily, check.
Scrafty - E4 doombringer.

Least Favorites:

Liepard - Crappy stats, just fine at early game then starts to suck later on
Watchog - same as above
Pans and simis - unless you have a lot of evolution stones, these monkeys are not worth the rare stones....

Years
Hm... I would have to say either Braviary, Chandelure, or Tornadus Theiran forme for my favorite Gen V Pokemon. Although I LOVE Sawsbuck, Ferrothorn Pidove (I have no good reason), Gigalith, and Serperior with so many close ones. I really like Gen V, contrary to what I see (many people I see just loathe this gen). There's many more I love, and I kept adding, but I think there's tons of great new designs.

I don't think I really hate much from this gen, to be honest. Alomolomola (sp?) is a pointless and easily forgotten Pokemon. I wish they kept it as the rumored Luvdisc evolution. Damirtan or however you spell it just seems... off to me. Like it's Infernape and Heatran put together. Semipour creeps me out a bit, too. This legendary trio is my least favorite so far, and Klang is unappealing to me. I like Kling, and Kling Klang, just not Klang.

I hate Sunfisk because it's purposely meant to look stupid and it's my only Gen V shiny. I never minded it until one day I was EV training and encountered a shiny one. Like really, out of all the shiny Pokemon I could get, I get the one that is purposely designed to look like an idiot. xD

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2012
Why has unova got such good POKEMON!
i don't like conkeldurr and beartic

Years
  • Seen Oct 14, 2012
I like hydreigon and haxorus and I dislike Emboar and cubchoo. Frikking Endure my ass.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Some of my favourites include Haxorus, Eelectross, Samurott, Scrafty, Jellicent, Ferrothorn, Krookodile and the likes. My least favourite would have to be, well quite a few actually, but a stand out is Watchog, really bad design imo.

Years
I have a select few that I like in Gen5, but I curse Mr. Pixel for some of the trashy pokemons. My favorite would have to be either Maractus or Leavanny. I don't know why, but I love that funny Cactus Pokemon, I mean, a dancing cactus that sounds like maracas. I love the idea. And as for Leavanny, it's elegantly kick-ass with its type combo and can learn moves like poison jab despite being a bug-grass combo. And did I mention it's very elegant? It just looks awesome.
Least favorite= the legendaries. they're getting very overrated, but I HATE Audino. I know, it's so freakin' cute, but it can be annoying.

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2013
My fav pokemon is liepard, no doubt about that (i know he's not such a powerful pokemon but i like the design and i used it a lot in the main). Less favourite probabily scrafty and female jellicent (it's awfull, the male one is way better)

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
Favourite would be either Keldeo or Dewott, not sure why, just love their designs.

Least favourite... I loathe Patrat and Watchog (which I only just realised isn't called Watchdog haha!), they're just annoying. They're probably my least favourites.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2023
Oh lord, there are so many stupid looking Pokemon in the 5th generation, makes me mad for some reason xD
Anyways, I can't remember many from the top of my head, but I don't like the Timberr evolutions, they basically get bigger and carry bigger logs. Reminds me of the Machop evolution but in a bad way. Stunfisk looks pathetic too, it makes Magikarp look awesome(Magikarp IS awesome in my opinion).

Minato Arisato

Memento mori...
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 4, 2016
Joltik is the cutest thing I've ever seen. I don't care if it's no good in competitive play. Even its Japanese name sounds silly.

As for least favorite...well, there are several. Don't really feel like listing them all out. Fifth gen in general pissed me off a little.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
My favorite is Litwick. Cutest little candle and it's cute little animation just completes it. Adorable little thing. ♥

As for least favorite ... I'll go with Palpitoad. I actually grew a bit fond of Generation Five's Pokemon. At least quicker than I did with Generation Four's. But Palpitoad design is just ... I would much rather go with Politoed okay thanks.

Ice Car

Banned
Years
Favorite: Cincinno
Least: Trubbish/Garbodor

Cincinno is one of those Pokemon that are incredibly cute but also fairly lethal in combat. Technician with Tail Slap, Bullet Seed, Rock Blast and Wake-Up Slap is awesome.

Trubbish and Garbodor... There are just so many of them. And really? Trash? I was fine with the floating ****ing Ice Cream cone, but trash? Come on Game Freak, really? And no, I'm not a nostalgia ***, I just honestly find their design to be incredibly stupid.

Lewy

Retired Champion
Years
I'd have to say Zekrom, I just really love his design and dragons are always a favourite of mine, also Dragon/Electric typing is pretty cool.

Years
Favorite: Emolga
Least Favorite: Vanillite/Vanillish/Vanilluxe

Emolga is one of the greatest Pokemon designs in the entire series. What a badass sugar glider. As for Vanillite...well, let's say it is one of the worst, in my opinion. >.>

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
This isn't the weekly revival but it had the prefix before it died so it counts anyway yaayy!!!

So competitively I've been using Musharna quite a bit, but on an in-game level, I'm really interested in using Musharna whenever I reset Black. While I originally hated its design, its bulk is really good and it's better looking than Munna tbh. Musharna would probably be a bit better if it didn't have Munna either, too. Gurdurr is another one that slipped under the radar since originally I thought it just had an awesome name, but it has potential to be really good, despite being slow-ish, so I plan to use that too. Design isn't really everything and I'm interested to see how that'd go in-game too. Samurott, also, because it can be either physical and special and is really strong either way! Kind of wish I used it in-game instead of overlook it for the sexy Emboar, although design-wise Samurott is pretty well designed imo.

PiemanFiddy

Dark-Type Gym Leader
Years
I like Serperior and Boldore a lot.

I can't remember their names, but there are two half-flying type pokemon that take FOREVER to evolve.. and those are probably the only ones I hate so far.

Back