• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Seen May 28, 2015
Hi, im new here, and i'm a great fan of this awesome game ;) thanks for WesleyFG for this!

I have a question to do:

- I almost finished this game, its just rests Dialga and Palkia, and it seems that on the official site it says that it needs a ''vestibule'' to catch them. How do i get a vestibule? (srry to bother :P

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Hey guys i have an problem.In Lauren after i beat 1st Gym i need Rock Climb but where to find it?
I think you get it from the first gym leader...?

What's the problem here? Why, am I experiencing this type of problem?
Because you are not the only one ;)
Use Ruby v1.0 and VBA from Wes' page.

- I almost finished this game, its just rests Dialga and Palkia, and it seems that on the official site it says that it needs a ''vestibule'' to catch them. How do i get a vestibule? (srry to bother :P
Click on sign.

Years
Okay i need someone's help AGAIN. first of all im really sorry im askign on here. I tried searching this but i had no luck. so when i get to the cave at the top of the waterfall that leads to the elite four, solana or wvr tells me to go to here house to fight a guy names lunick. I assumed solana's house was in yellow town but i couldnt find any lunick guy there so can someone tell me where to go from here to find lunick so i can get past solana and get to the zhery pkmn league please? Like i said before i could really use a FULL game walkthrough but none re helping e very much. please help me out here! it would be greatly appreciated.
thanks

leews24

ha
Years
Okay i need someone's help AGAIN. first of all im really sorry im askign on here. I tried searching this but i had no luck. so when i get to the cave at the top of the waterfall that leads to the elite four, solana or wvr tells me to go to here house to fight a guy names lunick. I assumed solana's house was in yellow town but i couldnt find any lunick guy there so can someone tell me where to go from here to find lunick so i can get past solana and get to the zhery pkmn league please? Like i said before i could really use a FULL game walkthrough but none re helping e very much. please help me out here! it would be greatly appreciated.
thanks

This is mentioned in my walkthrough 7&8...
And Smallbirdie's walkthrough also has this.
Besides, I swear to god this question has been asked before.
Whatever. You tried searchin.

Lunick/Solona's house is in the route between Snowice and the waterfall.
Route 415. If you took the correct path all along, you were probably there already, and fought Solona at the door of the house.

ch4r1zard

Burner of backsides
Years
  • Seen Sep 21, 2020
im slightly mythed as to y there is no mamoswine in this hack...

also im a bit stuck and i cant find a walkthrough that explains the lauren league lol. anyway im at noormeak city and im stuck as to where i got the enigma berry from.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 27, 2013
Can i ask something ??
i just beat the second E4, and after that i don't know what to do anymore O_O

before the second E4, i also beat the leader of Team Steam, and he just laught like crazy and just dissapear -_-'

And now i'm kinda confused after beating the 2nd E4, now where do i go ??
considering there's 2 Legendary pokemon that i've seen while chasing Team Steam (Rayquaza, and the other one i don't know it's name)

is there all to it for this Hacks ?
The hack is awesome, the pokemon is easy to catch, the leveling is simple because of the Rare item like Lucky egg is easy to get.
But the Story sometimes kinda Confusing, like don't know where to go if you don't read what the NPC is saying, or even if you read it, you still don't know :P

I Almost gone crazy, about where to find Rock Climb, because i thought it was a HM, when i check my bag it's already there XD

Years
  • Seen Oct 14, 2012
hey, leews24 not to be a pain but im playing PLP but theres a difference my feebas wont evolve like your did right away. i tried and it said not able to.

Master123: look down on my sig. Goto Lets Play forums. Search Smallbirdie.
A total of 3 types of walkthroughs exist, screenshot, vid, and text.

okay i Have just a few issues,
- one i talked to oak multiple times and i never recieved my 2nd gen starter NVM i got it finally it took a few more tries but i ended up with cyndaquil when i chose charmander?
- and you using the water stone on feebas right away didnt work for me.

btw, i got the portugese one so i dont know if there are slight differences with a little ips patch that came with it too so any ideas as to whats wrong?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2011
Ehm, why can't you buy normal PokeBalls anywhere? I thought this was a bug, because I played it on my phone. Then I tried both portugese and english versions on PC and there aren't any pokeballs at the 1st, and 2nd city either. Only way I got pokeballs is from prof Jasmine, and you only get 5.

leews24

ha
Years
btw, i got the portugese one so i dont know if there are slight differences with a little ips patch that came with it too so any ideas as to whats wrong?

Oooooo. Im afraid that the portugese version is the problem.
I do not remember perfrctly but when Snakebyte translated the game, he made a few more changes for convenience. Stone evloutions, were one of them. I'm afraid I do not know the original evolution.
And about getting starters... heres what is supposed to happen.
First you get 1st gen starter
Oak gets you a 2 gen starter. However everytime you talk to him, the satrter he offers changes. Same for all the rest, except the 5th gen starter in Lauren region , where the proff. Gives it to you as a present.

Hope that helped!

Ehm, why can't you buy normal PokeBalls anywhere? I thought this was a bug, because I played it on my phone. Then I tried both portugese and english versions on PC and there aren't any pokeballs at the 1st, and 2nd city either. Only way I got pokeballs is from prof Jasmine, and you only get 5.

This question has been asked before.
Pokballs are not available until the Dept. Store. However othere balls are available.

And now i'm kinda confused after beating the 2nd E4, now where do i go ??
considering there's 2 Legendary pokemon that i've seen while chasing Team Steam (Rayquaza, and the other one i don't know it's name)

is there all to it for this Hacks ?
The hack is awesome, the pokemon is easy to catch, the leveling is simple because of the Rare item like Lucky egg is easy to get.

Go beat Ash in the World Championship, and go catch legendaries. Thats it.
Parts of Team Steamcoughzerocough will be encounterable in the process.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 14, 2012
thanks leews24, hmmm might have to try and get that one to work, i patched it over to a rom of ruby but all i get is white screen when i load it?

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
thanks leews24, hmmm might have to try and get that one to work, i patched it over to a rom of ruby but all i get is white screen when i load it?

I've finally got it to work after a while. You need to patch a very specific ROM: Ruby (U) V1.0, it works like any other ROM is expected to after that.

BTW, I'm not very far into this game. But from the start one can tell that a great deal of work was put in. Greeeeeat work.

Years
  • Seen Oct 14, 2012
Okay, thank you. i actually got it to work now. but another question. im curious will my save file from the one work on the new one since they are both the same or will i have to start over, (it wont matter havent even beat the first gym let alone ihnore woods)

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2012
the game is all the money. can anyone tell me how can i evolve my kadabra to a alakazam?

ROBO-BOY

The Monkey Man
Years
I played the old Light Platinum, and I wanna ask one thing. Why did you get rid of Sinnoh and Johto and orange Islands?

Why delete Sinnoh/Johto/Orange Islands?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 14, 2012
now it glitches right after you finish the whole opening part with the Prof. -.- maybe ill just stick with the portugese version.

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
Woah..Its been a month since i visited this forum still the same old questions thats been answered was circling around even there is a screen shot,video,txt walkthrough and a bunch of tutorials on how to fix the white screen..hahaha..

leews24

ha
Years
Before I start answering some questions, I beg you to use tje search button located on the upper left of the thread(not the forum)

I have tried to download that specific rom, but I can't find it and I also keep getting a white screen everytime I start it up. Is there any way you can link me to that rom?

Hit my link at sig, you will find a full list that may cause this.
There is a gba file in WesleyFG's site too, I believe

the game is all the money. can anyone tell me how can i evolve my kadabra to a alakazam?

You need to trade. An NPC in Noormeak is willing to trade you one for a Briviary.

Okay, thank you. i actually got it to work now. but another question. im curious will my save file from the one work on the new one since they are both the same or will i have to start over, (it wont matter havent even beat the first gym let alone ihnore woods)

Depends on the version of the written save file. If its the really old one, I (nor anyone) cannot guaratee that it works.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2011
I've finally got it to work after a while. You need to patch a very specific ROM: Ruby (U) V1.0, it works like any other ROM is expected to after that.

BTW, I'm not very far into this game. But from the start one can tell that a great deal of work was put in. Greeeeeat work.

I've tried to find that specific rom, but I can't, and I keep getting a white screen. Will you link it to me?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2011
I think I forgt to mention that a working gba is on my sig(link)
Oh -___-, thanks lol. I actually found it on another site, completely patched up and everything. But thanks :] No matter what I tried, it wasn't working and I was going at it all day. Frustrating lol.

Back